you and me and the god's will makes it complicated
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Mature Content Warning 
Phoebe

The distance between Torchline and Stormbreak had begun to feel trivial now that the skyboats functioned once more. And as she walked back to the inn she had set up temporary home in with Harper after visiting Remi, she could not help her feeling of contentment. It seemed, for the moment the pieces of her world were falling nicely into place. It wouldn't last, good things in Caido never did, but she would live in the moment for as long as she could.

"Harper?" she called as she came back into their room, which thankfully boasted more space than the one they had shared in Torchline. The midwife hoped he was home and not away on some business. Remi and Ronin had their role to play in this quest from Frey, but Harper had an important roll to play too.
she sprouted love like flowers
grew a garden in her mind
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
I see you when you chase
all the dreams inside your head
The distance feels only larger to Harper in the wake of his talk with Maeve, but it's a relief to be able to return to their temporary home with relative ease. He is alone for the moment, and as such sitting cross-legged on the floor, papers surrounding him - ever incapable of sitting like a normal human being after his peculiar upbringing. Information is scrawled in a neat, blocky hand before him, but the utensil itself is firmly between his teeth, one hand pulling absently at the curls on his crown.

Phoebe's entrance has him looking up, and the sound of his name causes a smile that digs his cheek into the end of the pen, streaking ink across it. Cursing under his breath, Harper drops the pen and catches it with one nimble hand, the other uselessly streaking the ink further as he rubs at it while rising to his feet. "In here love," he calls absently, staring in dismay at the mark on his hand that he's sure now matches his face. It doesn't stop the smile that blossoms to greet Phoebe as she moves into the room, and Harper hops easily over the papers to wrap and arm around her waist and press a kiss of greeting to her lips. "Hello there. I missed you." It hadn't been long, but Maeve had certainly given him a lot to think about - in more ways than one.
i see you when you laugh
And when you love until the bitter end
HARPER
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe couldn't help her snickers upon seeing the ink on Harper's face. Thin fingers rummaged in a pocket, pulling a handkerchief free before dabbing it at his cheek. "Trying to color in your beard?" she teased with a snicker before pressing her lips against his. "I missed you too."

She tilted her head to glance at the papers strewn across the floor. "I see you brought work home." she said with a smile, brown eyes turning back to him. "Do you have time for a break? I've got a quest from Frey and I will need your help with part of it."
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
I see you when you chase
Harper leans into her touch willingly, though his smile and the deepening dimples make her work a little harder. "Beard? You give me too much credit princess, you and I both know I can't grow a proper beard if the Gods themselves asked it of me." Not that it spared him the monotonous act of shaving, but anything beyond stubble or a shadow was a fruitless effort.

Blue eyes follow the path hers carve automatically, and his smile turns sheepish at the organized mess he'd created. They both know he'll clean it later though, so for now he withholds any apologies. "For you? Of course. Helping Frey is only a bonus." Confident that whatever she needs of him is something she has determined he can deliver, Harper mentally abandons the work behind him to focus on his lovely partner instead.
i see you when you laugh
HARPER
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

"Which is why you might be drawing it on like ladies do their eyebrows." she said with a laugh. Of course she didn't think he was actually drawing on a beard, it was just fun to tease him.

She smiled brightly as he acquiesced, gesturing to the bed so they could sit. Once comfortable, she considered her words. "Frey had asked that I help preserve life so the war didn't destroy it beyond recovery. But...I realized the biggest problem with that was procreation." she said, looking up at him. "That's what happened in my world. And in desperation they sent many of us young people to a new world to colonize with the understanding we would have as many children as possible, regardless of anything we might have against it." she explained. "Forced procreation is an inevitability though given the mechanics of it...so Frey has asked me to start a garden that grows babies from the DNA of any two people, regardless of sex."

"I just got back from asking Remi to travel around to gather various things I need for the task. But..." she paused, smiling sheepishly. "I need you to have sex with me so I can use the sheets too."
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
I see you when you chase
He rocks into her dramatically, slumping as if to force her to bear his weight, and moans dramatically. "You've wounded me! I trusted you with my secret, and you've used it to slay me!" Realistically Harper is using the motion as an excuse to nuzzle into her hair, basking in the easy physical contact like a touch-starved cat.

Not that he loses the opportunity by much - scant degrees really - as she leads him to sit on the bed. It's an intimidating start to the conversation, but luckily this doesn't seem like a 'serious talk' moment. Harper tunes into her quickly and easily, hanging on her every word and the plans that unfurl behind her warm brown eyes. It's a terrible fate that her world had suffered, and gives new light to her own desperation for children despite her relative youth, but that's a consideration for later.

He is just moving to praise her for her foresight when her sheepish smile makes him pause, and then the bluntness of her request has color rushing into his cheeks so quickly he nearly goes lightheaded. "O-Oh," he mutters, and clears his throat at the dryness he feels there. "Not that I'm opposed to it!" There's a slight squeak to his tone as he rushes to allay any concerns there. One hand rises to grip the nape of his neck, which burns beneath his palm. "I've just never had to get a uh...mood going on command." Laughing helplessly, Harper drags the hand from his nape to smear down over his face, trying to force some sort of composure after being knocked off-kilter.

"It's a wonderful plan, and I'm happy to help. Just, uh, bear with me?" Smiling sheepishly, Harper turns and lifts one knee higher on the edge of the bed to have better access to Phoebe, and he starts as he would any other time - by leaning in and kissing her slowly, fingers sliding into her hair to cradle the back of her head, slowly tightening his grip there on the roots of her hair to steer her closer into his body.
i see you when you laugh
HARPER
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Despite how comfortable she had grown with intimacy after all the time spent with Frey, the flush of his cheeks spread to her own. It was a very boldly direct ask, one she thought Frey would be proud of her for, given the meekly mannered girl they had found her as. Thankfully he didn't seem discouraged as much as he was surprised, the crack in his voice causing her to giggle. "Sorry, it was that or tell you afterwards why I was stealing the inn's sheets." she smiled, wrapping her arms around his waist.

Despite the rather awkwardly bumpy start, he didn't seem to hesitate to get in a mood as he pulled her close. Phoebe leaned into him comfortably, eyes fluttering shut as their lips met. Her own fingers gently tugged at the hem of his shirt, reaching under to run her nails lightly over his skin...before pressing her palm flat to send a small wave of healing energy through him, and with it a jolt of intense pleasure.

She turned her head, lips pulled in a smirk to whisper in his ear. "Did that help?"
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
I see you when you chase
Admittedly he likely wouldn't have questioned the oddity of her stealing the sheets at all, but Harper is a strange enough man himself. Still, knowing ahead of time that their sex-sheets would be used for a quest to make cabbage patch kids a real thing was a good heads up. The details could stay between him, Phoebe, and Frey. Which was still weird.

Not weird enough to make him linger on it though, focusing instead on the softness of Phoebe's lips against his own, the warmth of her body and the familiar softness of skin. He thinks nothing of the way her fingers edge under his shirt, until suddenly like lightning he's hit with an intense, uncontrollable surge of pleasure that has him nearly toppling Phoebe as he leans into her. Pulling away with a heaving gasp, pupils blown and hand falling from her hair to grip tight at her waist, it takes a moment to even register that she's speaking at all.

"Whatever that was, it's dangerous," he groans, voice dangerously close to a growl as he grips Phoebe by her middle and throws her into the center of the bed to climb over her. From this new angle it's easier to shove her shirt up, and he leans down to kiss at her navel - a jolt of sense-memory from Maeve's belly making his chest tighten - as his hands pull impatiently at her bottoms. More than rearing to go now after her little magic trick.
i see you when you laugh
HARPER
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

His reaction was more satisfying than she had imagined. Phoebe rarely had the upper hand in much of anything, but this? She could stop him in his tracks anytime she wished! It was dangerous indeed, and a mischievous grin curved her lips as he gripped her waist to steady himself. "It's pleasure causing healing powers. Perk of dating a Frey demigoddess." she purred.

But the purr turned into a gasp of surprise as she was suddenly thrown to the center of the bed. He would find little to tug at as she wore a dress like usual with only panties beneath. She grinned though, pulling her torso up a bit so she could reach to tug at his shirt to get it over his head.
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
I see you when you chase
The impish curl of her lips promises this will be something to contend with in the future, but Harper can't say he really minds that. Startling, out-of-hands quickness aside, it does feel rather amazing. "As if you weren't enough of a gift," he pants a little breathlessly, but even the cloud of arousal can't stop Harper's adoring tongue. Not that it changes the swiftness with which he tosses her, nor the prowling way he follows after her.

Hiking her dress up and only taking a moment to duck his head and help rip his shirt off in a physical display of mounting tension, Harper lays himself overtop the midwife, forcing her legs to spread to accommodate his body. Scarred and calloused hands greedily trace the curves of her sides until one hand abandons her soft skin to pull on her hair firmly, exposing the curve of her throat so that he can bite and suck lurid colors into the canvas of pale skin there.
i see you when you laugh
HARPER
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

A light laugh was all he would get in response to his praises. With what he knew of her past - failed romances, marriages, pregnancies - he would have to be truly daft not to know she would argue he was the gift in this relationship. It wasn't like he gave much time for her to think of any other response anyways before tossing around her with ease.

Impatience was a good descriptor for the series of events to follow, yet none could wipe the grin from her lips. To be taken and left at the drop of a hat had seemed her fate for long enough that his rush for more, predictably insatiable, soothed old hurts and insecurities like a balm on her soul. Even as he yanked her head back and a slight gasp of surprise parted her lips, she continued to beam. Let Frey see her partake and enjoy of their most blessed communion (or was it cummunion?). Perhaps she was yet a young demigoddess who could not perform great feats or acts of heroism, but she could still honor her god and friend in this way.

Her back arched, bare skin pressed to bare skin as fingers pitter pattered their way down his back. Would she strike again with her gift? Would he be given reprieve to think with whatever clarity that yet remained? For now, he would remain in control of his senses, but now it would always be a possibility that she would bring him to his knees with but a touch. Instead fingers dipped beneath and tugged at his trousers, tugging them loose.

Men's clothes were such a pain with their buckles and buttons and ties.
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
I see you when you chase
She’s not the only one who finds tenderness hidden even in moments such as this, where it is normally absent. Between breaths he marvels at the softness of her skin, the way her hair spills across the sheets, the contrast of his darker skin against her own. Even the distracting dance of fingertips down his spine, producing a deep wracking shiver, isn’t enough to distract him. The uncomfortable tightness of his pants, well…that’s a different story. It’s a relief, then, when Phoebe’s hands slip away from the expanse of his back to shove at his trousers.

It takes a little team work to divest him of the garments, but Harper is unwilling to release his grip on her hair to assist more directly. Dropping that elbow to the mattress, he frees his other hand to hike her thigh around his waist, keeping her other leg flat on the sheets. That hand then trails lightly down the back of her thigh, venturing inward to the sensitive seam of her joints and the slip of fabric that remains as a barrier. Kissing Phoebe soundly for a moment that steals his breath, Harper pulls just far enough away to stare into her eyes, a slow-forming smirk pulling at his lips as he gently traces a knuckle over the swell of her sex through her panties. Intently watching her face for any reactions to savor.
i see you when you laugh
HARPER
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe kissed him back, her own hands rising to cradle either side of his face. Though she moved easily while guided by his hand, she hadn't quite expected the following touches. She gasped lightly, head falling back into his hand, hips pressing up against the other. Eyes fluttered closed briefly, enjoying his feather light touch...

But how much teasing could he take in return? Time to find out.

She gently pressed her fingers into the back of his head and ran them down along his neck as if preparing to massage his perpetually sore muscles. But oh no. Not today. Instead, she sent a light pulse of healing energy once more, soothing his aches and pains while also sending a shock of pleasure right down his spine.
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
I see you when you chase
He is easily led into the trap she lays, spine bending like willow branches to her touch, expecting the pressure of thumbs and fingers against his shoulders. He’ll likely never stop reacting that way with how entrenched it is from years spent with her already, but Harper will certainly do so with more eager trepidation from now on, as her magic sinks in and hooks beneath his navel with a ferocity that buckles his elbow.

Pressed firmly to her because of it, scarcely sparing her from his full, not-inconsiderable weight, Harper grits his teeth and grinds against the back of his own hand to press the heel of it into her clit in imitation of a grinding thrust. Harper drops his head into the crook of her neck at the same time, snarling, “Phoebe.” Followed up by a sharp bite sure to color beautifully on her pale skin. All notion of slowness evaporated, Harper yanks her panties to the side, unwilling to even take the time to remove them - sinking two fingers into her cunt immediately, crooking and rubbing in firm motions. Just enough to get her stretched and prepared, and then he is removing his hand and running the head of his cock through her folds, sinking in to the base immediately. “Couldn’t be a good girl and wait could you?” His voice is uncharacteristically hoarse and dark as he grinds into her tight wet heat.
i see you when you laugh
HARPER