[SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
"So."

A word had never weighed down the air so much before. It sucked it from her lungs and the room around them as she waited, anxious for what would follow. She didn't dare hope that he might say what she wanted him to. She didn't dare hope that he might do what she wanted him to. That 'so' seemed to stop time itself, the mere moment spanning seconds, then minutes, then hours, to days, to years of anticipation.

And when it ended it seemed to have passed in an instant.

Emmett shifted her in his arms with ease, and she found her heart fluttering again as her face was brought close to his; not terribly unlike when he had saved her from being crushed under the cabinet. Deceivingly strong was a good way to describe him, she thought, and it excited her in a very unfamiliar but pleasant way. Naturally her arms found places to rest comfortably, one around his side and back, the other pressed against his chest.

"I guess...we should do something about that."

But what?? What were they going to do about that? She wasn't bold enough or strong willed enough on the typical day to make that decision. Emmett didn't leave her to question long, but his question sent her heart into an almost panicked pace once more. Without hesitation she started to nod...then heard the little unmistakable sound of nosey siblings from outside the door. Her cheeks flushed, and she suddenly realized she had been holding her breath as she glanced towards the door. "I-i think we have an audience..." she said quietly, voice breathy from not breathing like she ought.
Phoebe
Be gentle to all and stern with yourself

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night - by Phoebe - 02-16-2019, 03:25 PM