Personal Quest deep in the roots
Prep for the Sidhe skyport!!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
you've long seen your downfall, spelled out in another's bones
Building a skyport in Torchline against an already existing pier was fairly easy. This, on the other hand? This is adventurous. But given the state of Ronin's state of mind these days, the idea of committing his attention to something so complex and difficult is relieving, almost. And so he's reached out for help in gathering the materials to be able to create the skyport, and he's aiming to get them prepped and ready to build in good time.

The Huntsman waits in a clearing in the middle of the Wildwood, Emmett's axe in hand and plenty of dead wood around. Beside him is a large hand-wagon, empty for the moment but for a few tools and whatever else they might need. His eyes are closed as he leans back against the wagon, senses open for the sounds of the forest all around. Inhaling deeply, he thinks he can even taste Leafchange on the air. It might be nice to spend an afternoon like this, were there not so much to do.

This PQ is to gather and prepare the materials for building the skyport in the Sidhe Village! Please post your character arriving :3

1. Remi
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
the lullaby
The way up and the way down are one in the same
I'm calling an audible late in the game
Dressed in a chambray shirt that was once faded blue, now it's mostly a rust-colour as are the alchemist's hands. There are even a few orangy-freckles on his cheeks that a quick rinse in the Stonesong hasn't been able to wash away. It was a good thing, really, that the paint he'd been using held up so well.

"I heard you might need some help, and—" Remi approaches sounding as though he'd heard about this venture from the notice board, and with eyes that pretend they don't recognize the Huntsman. "—gods, I just have to say.." He continues, strolling up toward Ronin and making himself look appropriately bashful. "You are the most handsome man I have ever seen." Grinning, the blush on his cheeks genuine, Remi steals a kiss from his husband before whispering something filthy in the Huntsman's ear.
If love is everything, love is pain
Certain spirits are too bright to be tamed
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Felix Calob

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: N/A - Strg: 15 - Dext: 7 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i am not the only traveler who has not repaid his debt
Sure, Felix has been out bearing around for a while, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t hear the whispers on the wind, the realization that there’s some sort of excitement going on. And besides, he hasn’t seen Remi since he’d grown up a bit more. He hasn’t seen Ronin yet, and so the whole task is all that much more exciting. There’s no Ianto in sight, no Juniper either (yet, perhaps?) so the young man finds his way toward the gathering for building a skyboat port (to where, he doesn’t know about too much either).

All the two will see at first is the shape of a bear trudging through the bushes before it’s shifting into a man – a spitting image of a ghost of their past, complete with the grown beard and swept hair from spending a lot of time in the woods. He arrives, flashing a smile toward Remi and nodding to Ronin, not quite yet offering a hello but waiting for the tasks to be laid out. Besides, it seems like Ronin and Remi are having quite the conversation amongst themselves. Would be quite rude to interrupt, wouldn’t it?
i've been searching for a trail to follow again
FELIX
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
An alternative form of transport to the Voice's wretched portals was something Gideon supported wholesale, especially when Ronin was the one spearheading the project. He had immediately offered his assistance for the building of the skyport and had valued the chance to see the Greatwood too as he went. He'd visited before, but not as often as he would have liked, and Remi and Ronin had a much deeper knowledge of it than he did.

There were the two Demi-Gods as expected stood in the woods, but also a bear; Gideon watched with a raised eyebrow as he shifted into a man. As he approached and also saw that there was a moment ™ going on, he instead turned to the newcomer and held out a hand. "Gideon Clemments. And you are?" He didn't recognise this man at all, either from Stormbreak or any of his excursions out into other cities.
GIDEON
You claim to be virtuous, but you're a liar
And you'll feel the heat of the flames
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Well," Ronin begins, a charming smile spreading across his face, but of course he won't be able to finish whatever flirtatious comment he's about to make, because Remi is silencing him with a kiss. Smiling against his husband's lips, he winds an arm around him, blushing quite furiously at the things the alchemist whispers into his ear - which is just about the time that Felix and Gideon arrive.

Ronin just about has time to raise his free hand in greeting to the latter when Felix shifts back into himself, and for a moment the Huntsman all but chokes on his own spit. "Devrum?" It's a strangled sound, and only a second (and third) glance confirms that actually, no. It's not the bear - it's the bearcub.

"That's fucking uncanny," he blurts, shaking his head and forcing himself to concentrate even a little bit. "Fuck. Okay, uh... I've got a list of everything we need. We'll have to work in pairs to collect some logs to use for planks on the skyport."

Round 1, wood collecting (eyoooo).

Work in pairs to collect wood for the skyport! Ronin will pair up with whoever is left.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
Not at all ashamed of having to peel his lips away from Ronin's as the other two men arrive—your lips would be on his too, were you his husband—and he has to stifle a laugh at Ronin's surprise.

"Hey Felix." He offers with a grin, having seen more of the other man given that his twins were currently sharing the same house. Surprised to see Gideon, if only because the man didn't seem much for manual labour, the alchemist makes a beeline for the Priest when it comes to choosing partners.

Gideon had already helped Ronin with wood quite enough for his liking. "Why don't you point out what you think we ought to bring, and I will knock it down." Remi offers with a sunny smile. Nodding over his shoulder and heading into the woods, the alchemist will do precisely what he'd suggested. Not needing to shift such was his strength, he'd indeed knock down, tug, or break in half whatever Gideon thought best.

Remi chooses Gideon as his partner!
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Once their two hosts were done locking lips, instructions were swiftly given out. A little surprise to have been so quickly chosen by Remi, Gideon went after him willingly but with a slight pause before he walked. Deciding that perhaps the man just admired his actions and achievements as priest, he put it down to admiration and continued on.

"Right." He nodded. While Gideon had spent much of his youth using his muscles and would not shy away from the task of gathering the wood himself, he also wouldn't deny Remi the chance to take that task away from him. Walking down into a path surrounded by trees, Gideon inspected the ones around for a trunk that was solid and unmarred by awkward branches or rot.

Pointing to one at the end, he nodded for Remi to do whatever he was going to, as he would for his next few selections.

--
Gideon helps Remi choose some trees :)
GIDEON
Felix Calob

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Everyone else arrives and Ronin’s surprise at spying him has a grin spreading across his face. He doesn’t remember much of his father, but it’s definitely something that he hears time and time again. A spitting image, as it were. He shakes his head to Ronin before nodding to Remi and offering a wave, before his dual toned gaze slips to Gideon. “Hi, I’m Felix.” He doesn’t quite understand the importance of last names, especially not when he doesn’t think it matters in the slightest, so he’s quick to get to work when pairs are made.

The young man slips over toward Ronin when Remi and Gideon depart, moving to go wherever Ronin indicates has the best logs to help remove and pull together. “It’s nice to meet you officially, Ronin. I’ve heard lots of stories!” He chimes before settling by a tree that can be brought down, willing and able to help Ronin wherever he can.

Felix picks Ronin as his partner and helps pick trees to help Ronin cut down :3
FELIX
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"It's good to meet you too, Felix." Ronin releases his husband that he might set off with Gideon to cut down their share of trees, reaching out to clap the other man on the shoulder. "Shame we couldn't have met properly when we were both in Torchline, mm? Though I bet you aren't short of stories yourself, after living in these woods." Their conversation will continue like this as they weave their way through the forest.

For Remi and Gideon's part, they are like a well-oiled machine. The trees come down easily, as if ready for the cutting, and the duo will find themselves dragging back quite the haul ready to be turned into logs and planks.

Ronin and Felix are not quite so lucky. Some of the trees they select are rotten, to begin with, and will do no good for chopping. And yet more of them don't fall as they should, so it's a struggle to free them from the undergrowth before they can be dragged back to the clearing. In short, they return much later than the other two, and with only a fraction of the haul to show for it.

"Not a word," Ronin grumbles to Remi, patting the side of the wagon. "All the tools we need should be in here. We need to trim these down and cut them into planks. I also need someone to take this to the Sea of Branches, if you wouldn't mind." He waves a roll of parchment. "It's a commission for some clay and nails. Just a simple drop off."

Round 2! Three people to work on the logs, one person to play delivery boy. No post order!
RONIN
Felix Calob

Change author:
It proves far more difficult than anticipated despite the effort Felix puts into it. He should know better by now, having lived among these woods for some time, which would be the best ones to get. But he supposes he is still young and there are still lessons to be learned. In short, the cub isn’t all that torn up about it.

So when they return and Felix sees the haul Remi and Gideon have made, he is a bit nervous about the amount that he and Ronin had returned to, imagining that the three men made a much better team than he’d helped with. It helps when Ronin offers an easier task, a delivery to the Sea of Branches, something that Felix is definitely certain he can do.

I’ll take the parchment to the Sea of Branches!” He offers brightly, moving to take the roll and shift into his sleek black bear form, before disappearing into the woods to said Sea of Branches to commission the clay and nails, before he returns.

Felix takes the commission to the Sea of Branches!
FELIX
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
It seemed he'd been able to prove his worth. While Remi did the majority of the actual physical labour, Gideon did not shy away from helping to transport the logs, and he felt his decisions had helped them select good lumber. Returning to the group at large, he was a little surprised to see the other teams haul. Ah well, they had enough.

Cutting down the logs into planks was exactly the kind of work he'd done as a young man. Watching as Felix rushed off to make the delivery (a little odd, that a young fit man would be so eager to shrug off his duties, but he tried not to judge too much) he headed towards the logs and selected a few to begin cutting.

There was a possibility it could be awkward, alone with Remi and Ronin, but Gideon was determined not to let it be. "So Ronin, do you intend to build Skyports in other locations too?" He asked cheerily, bracing himself against a standing tree to begin sawing.
--
Gideon saws the logs into planks~
GIDEON
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
Cheerily, Remi yanks and tugs and throws his weight at, into, and against the trees that Gideon points to. Could this have been more easily accomplished while shifted? Probably. Did Remi feel like burning off some steam by literally uprooting trees with his bare hands? Absolutely. When he and Gideon had grabbed what the Priest thought they'd need, the men dragged them back in time for Ronin to shush Remi regarding the supplies. With a boyish grin and a pinch to his husband's ass, the alchemist pretends to zip his lip, before awaiting further instruction.

Which proved to be...the same as it normally was.

"How have we not gotten checkmarks as wood crafters made a business of this?" Remi murmurs, hauling at the barn on the trees to strip them. Quickly his fingers become talons and a duplicate of himself appears to hold his wood brace the trees as he rakes his claws down the length of them. "Here, for your final touches." He says with a cackle, tossing the rough-edged boards to Ronin to smooth over.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Murmuring his thanks to Felix, Ronin hands off the parchment to the younger man and watches as he slinks away through the woods as a bear. He'd spend some time wondering just how long Felix spends as a bear were it not for the work to be done, and he forces his attention to the logs, to the saw. "Gods, I have no idea," he mutters to Remi with a grin, the clearing soon filled with the sounds of sawing wood. "We could start a carpentry business, you and I."

As for other skyports? "I think it might be useful to have one out in the Wilds," he admits to Gideon. "But I only build them with Cian's go ahead, so I'd have to check in with him first to see if that's what he thinks is best."

This time around things seem to go very well indeed - the logs become rough hewk planks in need of sanding, but there's plenty there for the skyport when it's needed. Before they can get to that, though, there's a great rustling in the bushes all around.

Felix has been successful in his delivery, but on the way back to the group has attracted the attention of several whispershore waders. And as the bear rejoins them, so do the birds. And they look hungry. And stupid.

Round 3! Uh oh, Some whispershore waders have joined the group! (Think angry geese, but angrier).

What shall we do?
RONIN
Felix Calob

Change author:
At least this part goes smoothly, Felix thinks to himself as he returns to help out, hearing the angry squawking of some whispershore waders. The young man remains in his bear shift, slipping out of the shrubbery, letting his bi-toned gaze drift from the three men present, sure that most of them can handle themselves. But little Felix only has one more trick up his sleeve, a new one he hasn’t explored that much.

So the cub shifts into something else entirely. A peryton, with the body of an elk with sharp jutted antlers that poke out in a crown above his head, and the thick feathered wings of a red kite that meld and mix into the brown at his sides. Uh oh! Felix calls as he sees them begin their approach. His wings flare and he heads toward a few of the waders, hooves poised to strike at any that come closer.

Felix shifts into his peryton shift and heads toward a few of them, ready to strike at them with his hooves if any come closer!
FELIX