resolution to revolution
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Enough time had passed for the shock to wear off, and for the cycle of renewal to begin again. Because they couldn’t shatter, couldn’t break, couldn’t falter under the surface of their failures. It’d been a horrific learning curve, that force and might couldn’t always bend to their needs, not when others were so readily able to carve indifference into innocent lives. Perhaps that was where they’d been weak; too used to the parallels of other times and other worlds, and not ready for the reel, the backlash, the warnings pressed into the landscape, the ones they’d told and told and told once more – now firmer and more real than ever before.

They needed the regards of those most effected – their thoughts, their notions, their ideals. There was no point to moving forward, onward, into their aspects and attempts, if it were all to fall apart; an unraveling cycle. So the Sword dug into his diligence, his perseverance, his fortitude, pressed the weight into his shoulders and kept on persisting, sending out notes, pieces of parchment to reach those still willing, still able. And maybe, just maybe, they could make something out of the rubble-strewn path.

The Queen’s Gambit might not have been the greatest place to meet – but he could match its hedgerows with his own magic, tuck them amidst entryways of vines and barriers, boundaries and shelter, without fear of them being discovered in their acts of rebellion. Belial sat upon the top of one, blending into its surroundings with impeccable ease; a spy for their sanctuary. Gathered behind trickery and fortitude was a table he’d conjured for their own use, recently hunted food placed upon it, some drinks created and contorted, along with logs and stools to sit upon.

And then, once they’d settled, once they’d sat, once they’d all taken a look at those still in their corner, he began. “Thank you all for coming.” Because he was grateful, even if his features were reticent and his dread was real. “I was hoping for this to be a discussion over information we have, especially anything recent ongoings in Halo or otherwise, and where, or what, we want to do next.” They’d taken their beating, their wounds, their scars; and hopefully it’d be enough to persist, keep on fighting. “Without the notion of coups or invasions. We have seen the results.” Learned firsthand, and it was still a sore thing in the back of his mind. “There have to be other methods.” His eyes glanced around the assembled, and he took another breath. “Anyone may begin.”

--

Seren Cordelia Sah Noah Hotaru

No post order <3 We can keep discussions going along.
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
i will endure the night for the promise of light
He sat with them. Frozen, cold, hardened against what had happened. He would have normally greeted each of them warmly, maybe even hugged them. All he could now was nod, thankful in his heart they were gathered together, but frozen beneath the looming truth of what was happening. The people of Halo were in danger, and they needed to do what they could to protect them. He had vowed his life to them, tethered his entire being to the Citadel. He had only ever sacrificed and strived for their betterment -- to keep them alive, well, and happy.

Deimos started off and Noah lifted his gaze to the general. He was a true general -- his mind always working and putting together plans. It was something that Noah admired about him. The Sentinel's mind did not work that way all of the time -- when faced with uncertainty and unfamiliarity, Noah often faltered. It was one of his greatest flaws. He wanted to open his mouth and speak, to rally before them as the Warden and leader they deserved. For now, he listened, turning his eyes to each of them in turn, hearing out what they knew and what they had to say. Korbin not being among them panged at his heart, but he knew the youngest Hale had some idea that drew him away -- something he was working on.

Finally, he let his breath out. "The gratitude I have for each of you is unwavering. your hearts are strong, and I appreciate your loyalty to our home, to our people. Whatever we do, however we move forward, it is out of their best interest. We have to protect them."

THE SENTINEL OF THE NORTH
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren

Curled up lazily in her chair with raven curls tumbling messily about the shoulders and hands folded about a cup of steaming tea, Seren looked about as comfortable as if this was her own living room. She had pulled her feet up onto the seat and sat leaned back, lounging and letting her sky-blue gaze roam unabashedly across the gathered faces. Most known, or at least familiar, though at least one was new to her. Curious eyes, clear and unwavering came to linger on Cordelia even as she spoke, as if to take the person's measure.

"I hear there was an election? And that Morgan is still Warden... Was it a unanimous vote, then?" It was a little surprising, truth be told, that the woman had dared to let the people choose. Admirable, in a way... though Seren's expression suggested she would have been happier if the outcome had been different.

"One of the biggest problems we have right now is that Noah and Deimos cannot enter Halo freely at this point. I think that's something we need to solve first... and it's not going to be that easy." Inclining her head slightly to Noah in return for his gratitude, Seren's quick glance was warm with sympathy. He looked rather out of place, surrounded by so much greenery.

A slow, deep sigh was heard from behind her as Umbra settled more comfortably into the grass. He had wanted to keep watching alongside Belial, but Seren had insisted he stay with her. Too many guards posted might have the opposite effect to keeping them hidden. She smiled faintly at her companion, but did not move her attention from the other woman. Not even to look at Sah, though the question was somewhat directed to him as well.
I'm ready to start the conquest of spaces
Reaching the starlight and silver fields
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah eyed the people around him, his eyes calculating. They were all individuals he cared for and would protect with his life. And although he was here of his own free will, surrounded by allies, the Abandoned still felt out of place. Separate in his priorities, in his morals, his goals. Sah was loyal to the ones he loved, but had no loyalty for any of Caido's gods. But perhaps that was what made his presence valuable.

Nodding at Noah, he was about to speak before Seren beat him to it. Letting out a sigh, the Outlander shook his head at her suggestion. "I disagree. They should stay away from Halo for the time being." Though the suggestion brought up a concern, and had Sah continuing to speak. "Before we begin throwing out ideas, let me fill you in on how Halo is right now." It was clear that some of those present were behind on information and he was further thankful to Deimos for initiating this meeting.

"Morgan put her position up to a vote after my sister Aino suggested it and the results were nearly split fifty-fifty. Morgan only just managed to regain control, and all signs point to it being a fair vote. I looked over the ballots myself after the election." They'd been right there on the table, with an open invitation given from the new Warden herself. Sah had taken the opportunity.

"Morgan has continued to preach her will for neutrality and in making Halo safe for all races and seems genuine. Her actions and words have aligned thus far. And although she brought up the idea of going to the Voice for Halo's next request, that too was put up to the people of Halo to decide on." Sah knew that that last bit would alarm many of those present. Morgan's willingness to work with the people of Halo however was what would give them an edge.

"Beyond that though, Halo is safe. The only damage was to a tower and to Whitebrim. All of the citizens were unharmed, and are still  so. There is no need to rush into action. Halo is not in danger at the moment and there are no indications of it being so in the near future. Apart from the coming war in a few seasons that is." A war that had already triggered this madness and led to a half-formed coup.

Sah eyed the people around him, willing them to at least consider his words. "My priority is the safety of Halo and it's people, including all of you. If we want to sway Halo to the Old Gods, we need to start with the people. Half of the population already doubts Morgan. If we can sway more to the side of the Old Gods, the people of Halo will demand a leader that represents that. It's a long game but it requires no violence or going against exile, and it will keep the people of Halo safe. It also takes advantage of Morgan's willingness to compromise to keep Halo's favor. We have time, let's make use of it. That's my recommendation."
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877

Once more, Cordelia was quiet as she normally was. Her eyes remain trained on Noah primarily, searching for any clear signs of injury since this was the first time she'd seen him since the invasion and their time in together before that. His voice is comforting if nothing and having Sah at her side only adds to that. The woman cleared her throat, stepping forward to speak as she finally tore her eyes away from the Sentinel to look towards the general, "What he says is true. Morgan, for all intents and purposes, seems willing to be fair and listen to what we have to say. How long that will last, I'm unsure." Cordelia began, licking her lips as her brows drew together, jaw feathering.

"I also suggested that Whitebrim perhaps be converted into another point of safety from attacks. Whether it be by building safehouses or bunkers as well as a safe way to get there. The barracks is functional, but it isn't the best we can do." As for getting Noah and Deimos back into Halo? She truly had no idea if Morgan would even allow such a thing, but the fact that Aino and Sah could possibly on the council was promising.

"There aren't many in Halo that do not favor the Old Gods, but to have a decision forced on those who don't is part of the problem. Attempting to sway them slowly might be our best option. Even if it takes time to do so." She finally finished, growing quiet once more, restlessly shifting from foot to foot.

Cordelia Limore

'Cause they got the cages, they got the boxes and guns
They are the hunters, we are the foxes and we run
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren

Her gaze snapped to the young hunter when Sah spoke up, and then at Cordelia. They seemed very much in agreement, and it made Seren shrug, fighting against the impulse to sulk. Sinking deeper into her seat, she took to staring into her mug instead.

"Noah and Deimos have nowhere to go," she said quietly, stating the obvious fora second time. "You're saying that you two alone will be enough to solve this? People who can't even enter Halo have very little chance of affecting anything within it's borders."

Very bold to assume two people could do anything at all.
I'm ready to start the conquest of spaces
Reaching the starlight and silver fields
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Deimos leaned forward, elbows resting on thighs, listening to each and every individual. His mind flickered and volleyed to each, attentive and focused, straining, grasping, at the information. An election, pushed by the Halo people, only for them to decide Morgan still fit somewhere in the midst. The possibility of the next task for the mountains to be in the Voice’s hands (and if he clenched his jaw or a fist here; it was better than sputtering about in anger).

Until finally, there was a lull, and he could at least place some matter within. “I agree, it has to be with the people. It has to be what they want, and they do not need to needlessly suffer again.” Especially if they rushed it once more. And it would take longer; even worse when access was not going to be readily available come the following season. “My concerns lie with Deepfrost coming, and you being locked down,” his eyes glanced to Sah and Cordelia. Because Seren was correct in that aspect – not all of this should be placed on them. “So how can we start swaying them in the meantime?” Before trails froze over and left them in the frigid expanse? Was it sowing more distrust in Morgan, or showing them where to go, where to turn, in terms of heralds? How many more were left? “And what did everyone have to say about her going to the Voice?” Which only proved their point on matters before – he nearly shook his head at the notions of it.

As far as him and Noah, and likely Hotaru (though he wasn’t certain of that aspect yet either), it might’ve been best that they didn’t have a place to tie themselves to. “We can stay in the Wilds for now.” He said nothing of Seren’s upcoming quest; an outlier that likely the fewer people knew about, the better. He wasn’t going to ask the Greatwood for shelter, not when involvement with their refugee status would mean something else entirely for the forest dwellers. If they needed to make some temporary sanctuary, he figured they’d be capable of building one.

But it still left that question of what they could do outside of the mountains and summits.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah was incredibly thankful that Cordelia was beside him. The woman's support was greatly appreciated by the Outlander. Falling silent as Seren and then Deimos spoke, Sah ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "Two people can't overturn a region alone. But we can lay the groundwork as we take the time to come up with something feasible." He paused, brows furrowed as he addressed Seren. "And what do you mean they have nowhere to go? The Greatwood accepted Hotaru right? Why wouldn't they take Noah and Deimos if it was requested? Is there something I'm missing?" They weren't banned from entering, where they?

As for the questions Deimos brought up, Sah managed a small grin. At least he could give them some manner of good news. "I managed to persuade her against it. I brought up how immediately turning to the Voice after having a group of Ascended help her take back her position would practically be declaring Halo as for the Voice. And that that would render any attempt at neutrality void. But she only agreed when  Neron voiced his support for my argument. Which was odd in itself." The Outlander really wasn't sure what to make of Neron. He had a horrible reputation in Halo but at the meeting he'd seemed logical enough.

Shaking his head, Sah brought up one last thing. "And Neron...he practically suggested to Morgan that I and my sister take counsel positions. If I do, I'll have even more room to lay groundwork for turning Halo to the Old Gods." This entire situation felt bizarre. Here he was debating how to turn Halo for gods that he himself had no loyalty to. But in war those who were neutral often became the enemies of all. Halo had to choose a side to survive. And given the large population of Attuned, and the region's history, the Old Gods were the logical choice.
Sah
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
"You are brave to stay in Halo, and I am glad you are -- but you need to get stronger. I do not tell you this, Sah, or anyone, to say that you are weak. But, I do truly believe that if the people decide they don't want Morgan, her hand will be forced to attack her own home again because of her allies. The ascended do not want Halo to turn for the Old Gods, and within that it is only a matter of time how long they will let the north stay neutral. Whatever Morgan says, she can't back up -- she is being puppeteered by the ascended and then the Voice." Noah looked on Sah, then to the others in turn. "We have to have the strength to stand against them for when they turn their swords to us and to our people." It was a matter of when, no if, at this point. Noah nodded as Sah informed them that Morgan's choice was only made after Neron's words. "Neron is Morgan's closest -- he is holding the most vital strings. He is a receptor, vile. His deal with the Voice and his lies to the Eirachi are what caused the winter goddess and the cultists to attack us a few years ago. Neron does not care about the Citadel or its people. We've seen that. Morgan has let him go unpunished for his crimes against Halo, and now he controls it by sleeping with her." Noah's words were frank.

Noah shook his head lightly as they suggested the Greatwood. "Juniper, a member of the Greatwood's government, told me I was not welcome." Noah's words were cool, and matter of fact. "When I was Warden she came to Halo to ask to be allies -- but she only wanted Halo's soldiers in the circumstance that the Greatwood was attacked. She wanted to give nothing of value in return, and I turned it down. I went to her in the days after Morgan's Ascended attack to warn her of it, and she told me I could not stay in the Greatwood. Hotaru is only there because her children belong to Remi, Ludo's demigod who is stationed in the Greatwood." His jaw feathered.

"Having sat on Morgan's council, I warn you to be prepared for your voice to go unheard." Noah's had, after all. "But, it could be good. It helps the people trust you more." He gestured out, as if to solidify his point. While those that sat before him were here because they loved Halo, they were here because they trusted Noah (and Demios') character more.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Attentive, dignified, ever the picture of a listening compatriot, his features rendered stoicism as he faced Sah, mulling over the responses, the quandaries, the layers lingering within. Persuading Morgan against going to the Voice was a commendable gesture; he just wondered what it meant in the long run. In the underlying measures. In all the lies layered and lacquered, stuck to the Glacier’s reign. Neron’s support was odd, and he nodded his head in accord with the statement. “I still would not put anything past either of them. What Morgan declares may not matter with Neron in the background. She has already proven that.” From the time he’d known her, the former had gone from a woman distrusting, almost loathing the Ascended, to now sleeping, placing faith within, and confiding in one. Neron’s influence spoke volumes, despite all the past circumstances of his reign in Halo – and therefore, the rest of the Voice’s comrades and constituents.

Sah’s possible rise to the council caused his brows to move upward, and he intended to make some congratulatory remark, Noah’s statements came through. He wasn’t wrong, but they were all in positions of similar ilk. “We all need to get stronger, for whatever is to come.” Besides war – because this was likely going to be a front, a fight, managed and prospered by those at this meeting, and anyone else they could convince to help, assist, and aid. “But if you do accept, Sah, you need to be very careful.” Deimos arched a brow at Noah’s notion of the council aspects; the Sword had at least had his viewpoints heard – even if they hadn’t been acted upon.

How many times had he warned her of the Voice?

His eyes went to the ground at the Sentinel’s explanation of Juniper and the Greatwood’s stance – once more inclined to the Wilds. Owing naught to anyone. There to ensure some manner of peace in the coming season. Thereafter though, they were lifted once more, a deep, long, lingering breath unfurling from his lungs. “I suggest we train throughout Deepfrost. Noah and I can see about other available allies out here.” If anyone else cared about their cause, or had flickered back into their dens, indifferent to making a stand; not yet, not now. “We can meet again in Flowerbirth, with those that want to continue on.”

--

Just wrapping this up! Feel free to put a finishing post in, and I'll end it in a couple days! <3
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

It was all too much and too overwhelming. Cordelia was rendered speechless, growing quiet and contemplative, expression stony as she shifted from foot to foot. The prey in her urging her to flee from the others here. To flee and hide and hunker down for the winter to come. Her family still in Halo, work to be done, and yet she can't bring herself to stay. To be stuck. Her instincts screaming at her to flee from that place. It wasn't safe. It wasn't home.

"I- I don't think I can go back. I will, if I'm needed, but it doesn't feel right. To be trapped there. To be held in a place that doesn't care... My family is still there and they're taken care of, but I can't be there if it can be helped." Cordelia finished, looking to Noah and then Deimos before her eyes settled on Sah. She stepped forward, reaching for him and pressing their foreheads together. "Take care of them if you stay. Please. You have to promise."

Cordelia Limore

Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah nodded to Deimos and the words he spoke, finding truth in each of them. "We will all train, yes. Cordelia, if you do not want to return to Halo, I understand. You are safe and welcome with us." He let a small smile light the way towards the attuned woman, before turning back to Sah. "Sah...protect our people."

It was then that the raven fluttered and dropped the letter. Noah looked up to the sky, confused. It was amazing that the raven could have found him, but even as the Sentinel lifted the letter it was unmistakable. Written in her most delicate and beautiful handwriting, this was a letter from Maeve. He lifted his eyes briefly, panic flooding through the blue. "It's from Torchline...where Korbin is." He stated, but he did not open the letter. He couldn't, not in front of them, looking at him expectantly. I may need to travel there, depending on what is inside this letter." He held the envelope between his fore and middle finger, holding it up for them to see.

{end of Noah for this thread}

Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:

The gentle reassurance from Noah did wonders for her frayed nerves. He smiled. Something soft and secret in the way he held his mouth. She couldn't feel his emotions like this, but she was sure if she could there would be nothing but comfort for her there. The Attuned returned his smile with one of his own as she drew back from Sah. "Thank you." She murmured just as the raven appeared, delivering a letter that made the Sentinel freeze, worry tugging on his features and panic filling those usually serene eyes.

Dark brows drew together as she found herself drifting towards his side, a hand coming up to brace against his forearm, "I'll go with you if necessary." If only because she wasn't ready to be alone out here yet. She couldn't help feeling that whatever was in that letter wasn't something he should deal with by himself either. No, she was going with him.

{Cordelia is done for this thread.}

Cordelia Limore

Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah had to fight the snarl that bubbled in his throat at Noah's remark. He was well aware of his current weakness and although he knew that the hunter hadn't meant it offensively, the context still stung. Restraining himself inwardly, the Abandoned simply nodded in acceptance of both Noah's and Deimos' advice. "I will. And meeting again in Flowerbirth sounds good."

Noah's request was met with a solemn nod. "I will, to the best of my ability." Halo had become his home, the Halvoians his people. Sah would give life and limb to ensure their wellbeing. The meeting seemed to be drawing to a close but then Cordelia surprised him. She didn't wish to return? Sah would have much rather have kept his family together in Halo, where he could protect them, but he'd respect her choice. Forehead pressed to hers, Sah nodded firmly. "I swear. And promise me that you'll look out for yourself too."

Sah would do all he could to look out for their family, and for all of Halo. Whether that was on the counsel or as a civilian, it didn't matter. The Abandoned would protect his home.

{Sah is done for this thread.}
Sah