smile in your sleep
Melita <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
i heard you telling lies
i heard you say you weren't born of our blood
A letter sent to Melita once he’d received the one in return. One that invites her to meet him at the house, because she’d agreed to meet as well as it’ll give him an idea of what she wants to do with her things given that she hasn’t been spending much time there at all. He works from room to room, leaving hers empty while he packs up the nonessentials while they work to build the house in King’s End, and for a fleeting moment all feels calm and collected.

For the moment, of course, because they never last.

One box is closed and sealed and stacked among the others, Sunjata resting with his back to the kitchen counter, sweat gleaming along his skin with a cigarette hanging out of one mouth, dragging on it idly as he finds the willpower to go and start another box, waiting for her arrival into the home they’d all shared.
i know we're the crooked kind
but you're crooked too, boy, and it shows
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
I am the wind that makes breathing hard
Receiving a note in return only prompted a very mulish countenance as she whirled her way across docks and ports, sands and beaches, prodding and stomping along makeshift pathways in her bare feet, kicking rocks out of her way with no dignity, no grace, no poise. A thunderstorm, a tempest, a hurricane, with nothing or no one to coax her out of its blinding haze. Fangorn, bless him, tried and strived, but knew better than to throw himself directly into danger, and so she furrowed her brow, clenched her fists, and sighed. Before she even got into the house she took a few deep breaths, attempting to narrow down the frustrations into familiar pinpoints, and not the known triggers, her heart pounding against her ribs like a beating drum.

Ignorant to her own feelings, to which walls of exasperation flickered within and which wailed without, and she could feel the storm brewing all over again. Maybe, in some way, it felt like they were running away, and she was being left alone. Even if she’d chosen it within the past couple of months, to be away from the spiraling, from the nonsense, from the drama, from spewing out vitriol and vehemence that no one wanted to hear or listen to or do anything with. Maybe she felt useless. Maybe she didn’t know what she was supposed to do either.

She stood on that doorstep for more than a few moments, before the clarity took over, and she wandered in; over familiar proportions and up along stairs, until she could hear him in the kitchen. Her eyes went to boxes packed first, inclining with a rigidity in her soul that was threatening to burst. Instead, it was her vocals through the enclosed space. Not a shout. Not a shriek. Just defiant and infused with something she couldn’t name (sorrow? Anguish? Confusion?) “I don’t know what you want me to say.” Another breath, like she was nearly there, brimming and brewing and the fire beginning to stoke, to kindle. “And I certainly don’t know what’s going on anymore.”
I am the ocean and the battered shore
I will be the passion of thunder, a howl of fury
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
i heard you telling lies
She arrives at the doorstep, a fury of flame on her own, one that simmers and waits as she enters further and he finally gets a chance to let his steel gaze scan over her. There’s no greeting between them, only the quiet sound of her voice carried through. Not knowing what to say. Followed up with an ‘I don’t know what’s going on anymore.’ All of which things that have Sunjata pulling the cigarette from his lips, putting it out in the ashtray settled on the kitchen counter before he nods. “I don’t expect you to have anything to say.” He says quietly.

It’s a goodbye of sorts, but not the kind he thinks she thinks of. Inhaling a deep breath, it passes through his lips in a quiet sigh. “You haven’t been home, so, I’m sure a lot has been missed.” His head cocks slightly, his avian shift slipping out of him with the gesture before he’s continuing on with what’s on his mind. “Long story short, Hotaru and Deimos attacked the Slagveld and my guild. I made Nate Governor, Safrin didn’t like that. So we stepped down. And now we’re leaving.” His gaze lands on her steadily, waiting to see what she might have to say about all of that.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
Gods, wouldn’t she like to stick that cigarette right in the middle of his forehead.

Instead, she stood, rigid in the doorframe, listening to his quiet, to the way things had shattered all around them. It didn’t used to be like this. It used to be family. It used to be blood. It used to be bonds.

She couldn’t quite identify when it all unraveled and frayed and became such an absurd mess. Maybe when she started to see the errors pile up and the trauma set in and everything else became ashes and soot, dust and dirt, she didn’t want to touch anymore. Maybe when he betrayed Nate and Hotaru. Maybe when there were significant lines drawn. Maybe when he hid himself from her again and again and again; and she realized she didn’t really matter. Maybe when she had to ask all the time, for information, for understanding. Maybe when –

Melita had heard enough of the Hotaru burning. Had stayed out of it, because she saw both sides and didn’t tamper with its multitudes and bombshells.

And at the end of it, it sounded like they were just running away.

She could hear the other things in between the eaves too. You don’t matter drumming against the inside of her ribs, past the pinnacles of her heart. Perhaps she deserved it, because she couldn’t stand this house in the midst of all the dilemmas, all the distrust, all the crackling foundations. She’d tried, more than once, to make them see reason. It’d fallen on deaf ears. Or he just shut down. Or the walls came back up.

Her hands shook, fingers trembling, something in her splitting. Was there any point to her saying anything at all? When it’d be the same renditions from before? When the echoes and embers resolved and resounded around this building, and still didn’t seem to reflect back on him? “You know, I once thought I meant something to you. Family. The only ones I had left.” She ignored the tears hastening down her cheeks, didn’t dash them away as they came over. “But I couldn’t stay here while you both pretended everything was okay.” That things hadn’t been wrecked and ruined. Couldn’t live in the chamber of lies.

Only then did a hand brush the tears away, and her eyes went downcast to the floor, sniffling, trying so hard to not unfold like a storm. “What are you going to do with the house? Should I just go pack my things and find somewhere else?” Live on the Ark? Out on the surf? Go find herself someplace that didn’t feel so hollow and empty?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
i heard you telling lies
It’s difficult to see reason when reason was rarely a product of his upbringing. It was hard to have the picture perfect image of family when he’d hardly had one to begin with. So as her hands shake, as the tempest comes to life within her, Sunjata’s quiet, reserved, drawn. Her words confuse him, the idea of pretending that it was okay. Nate and him had talked, Nate had left and come back, chosen to stay, and they’d talked it over. And over. And over again until there weren’t any other words that could explain what it was that changed in their relationship.

What were we supposed to do, Melita?” He asks suddenly, his steel gaze focusing on her. “Fall apart? We’ve worked on it. We still are. It’s not going to happen over night.” And this? This is helping. This is moving on, making a life for themselves. And as far as Sunjata’s concerned, she didn’t care to try and make herself a part of the family any longer.

Every conversation just resulted in insults on him and after everything? He was tired of it.

She brushes the tears away from her cheeks and the muscles in his jaw feather. “You can have the house if you want it.” He pauses, shrugging his shoulders, uncaring either way. “But you have the Ark and a life in Torchline.And we're leaving Torchline. He doesn’t expect her to drop everything to come with. He doesn’t think she’d like it anyway. She was better off here in Torchline with her friends and her work and people that valued her because apparently he and Nate didn’t.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
She would’ve been pretending.

And Melita was not one for pretenses, for masks, for accepting that the way everything had unraveled was right. She didn’t have to pat him on the back and tell him his choices hadn’t encompassed and sewn fractures into the wake. She didn’t have to be amongst and amidst his friends that told him his actions were fine and well, enable him until they just kept becoming pieces of flint and shrapnel. Wouldn’t. Couldn’t. Refused.

When he had nothing to say about family, nothing to add at all, she took it for what it was. The final breaking apart. The echoes of hollowness in her bones. Perhaps this was the same as her father, adamantly refusing to acknowledge even the figments of things cobbled together. “I don’t know.” The answer to it all lately. “I’m glad you’re figuring it out then.” She just wasn’t going to be amidst their deluge, his intertwining of trials and tribulations any longer. The flame-haired youth could convince herself that this was fine, later, when the fires in her ribcage had dimmed. When the tears ceased. They could have their drama. They could have their head-in-the-sands peace.

Why would she want to be clustered and coiled, entangled and embedded, within it all?

His indifference, his shrugs, told her another story, another chapter, and she snagged at it with a solemn nod. “All right.” Stiff upper lip, no growls immersed, the stoking reaching a burning point; just cinders and ash. “Tell Nate I love him. Enjoy yourselves.”

And if that was all, she turned out of the doorway, before everything else collapsed down around her.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
i heard you telling lies
He doesn’t have anything to say about family because family was the one thing Sunjata wasn’t good at. He doesn’t know what it takes to keep people around, he doesn’t know how to try and better himself for people to want to remain. All he can do is try and hope that others can see through the linings of what he’s done for what they really were.

His betrayal to Nate and Hotaru had been terrible. He knows this. He knew it the second he stepped away from the lighthouse that night. But it had been a terrible act done out of love, out of fear, out of not wanting to lose the one thing that meant the most to him. To plead with the gods for the life of another. Nate won’t ever forgive him for it, he knows this. He also knows it’s something he doesn’t deserve, something he doesn’t expect. For him? It’s entirely up to Nate to decide when or how to proceed, and Nate had set the bar when he’d come back and Sunjata’d done his best to follow.

Which meant when Nate started to lose his sanity just as much as Sunjata was, if not more so, that’s when he decided to cut his losses. To focus on his husband and his daughter in favor for everything else. He could’ve remained, but how much worse would things have gotten?

He needed to make sure Nate was okay. And that’s what he’s doing.

He nods to her answer that she doesn’t know either. That she’s glad they’re figuring it out, when for the Flood there isn’t any other choice. He has to figure it out.

And when she takes his next words in one of the worst ways, he sighs and shakes his head. “No. You tell him.” He tells her before she moves to depart fully – his long legs taking him toward the doorframe. “He thinks you’re upset with him. He’s hurt you didn’t come and see him before the Ark set off again.” And Sunjata? Well, every time they got together it was a constant stream of her belittlement. He didn’t care as much as Nate did. And as far as Sunjata was concerned, the demigod was Melita’s favorite anyway.

If he kept blundering and fucking up, so be it. But to also take it out on Nate was something he felt was unfair. If she wanted to tell Nate she loved him, she needed to do it herself. Nate needs her to do it herself.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
But he didn’t try to keep her - and maybe that was where the lines had been drawn all along. Perhaps she lacked value, fundamentals, or simply didn’t see things the way he did. Similar, and oh so different, flanked by impulsivity and then running parallel on the wake and weight of decisions made. And if he didn’t care – neither should she. Either way, it was all the more enlightening in his silence. In the midst of truth and despair, anguish and sorrow, in things she bottled and took with her, because that house couldn’t take anymore embers, flames catching over its beams.

She ceased her wild chase into the void at his words – curling her hands into fists down by her sides, then relaxing, releasing them. “Fine.” She could do that. But Melita wouldn’t turn back towards him, not right now, spine ramrod straight, unflinching in the way and wake she carried her cinders. “Where is he?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
i heard you telling lies
He’s quiet as she considers his offer, that she needs to be the one to tell Nate and not him. It was more important that way, more vital, more fair. So when she agrees, he draws back, casting a tired steel gaze over the honeybee girl. Her back is to him, she won’t turn around and look, but that’s fine. Sunjata expects nothing less and nothing more from the girl.

He’s at the Society.” Likely also boxing things up, preparing to move them out with them or to the Grounds, wherever would be more beneficial. For now, though, he doesn’t intend to stop the girl, and should she decide to fully depart the home, well, he’ll leave her room as is so she can come back to get the things she wants once they’re gone.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
Spite, anger, and vitriol didn’t permit her to turn around. They froze her solid, in place, until his words came along, buzzing against her. I’m going to be better her mind conjured. I’m going to be brighter. And burn, burn, burn, maybe, but not until her inferno had glorified and the world saw her – not like him, not like them, not like the void conspiring beneath her feet.

“All right,” she confirmed, jaw clenching, before she advanced out of the doorframe, Fangorn grumbling close behind, and back into the sea air. No more parting words. No more backwards glances, wondering how on earth he was supposed to pick himself out of his trials again and again. No more worrying. No more consternation.

No more, no more, no more; broken off, in pieces and slivers. Melita had already said enough.

{FIN}