(SEASONAL EVENT) Guardian (OPEN)
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

The LongNight had dropped upon them like a stifling blanket, one that Isla could see into but didn't want to. She had noticed the single lonely Luxere standing watch outside one of the windows, a soft smile managing its way across the doctor's face. One glowing guardian in the night; just like she was, almost.

There were a few patients who would be unable to leave for home for LongNight. That could be dangerous, given that they were all sick enough not to be able to move about easily, but on the other hand they were less likely to go wandering around and making noise. Isla had moved them all into one ward so it was easy to tend to them - and so they had company - but now they were all sleeping and she had nothing to do but wander the infirmary like a ghost.

She had slid the window open the tiniest bit, posting out a few carrots and roasted chestnuts for the Luxere who had came to be watcher over her post, shutting it once more and smiling as she watched the creature happily dig in. "Thank you," she murmured to it, before continuing on her patrol.

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

With a bottle of wine and a bowl of stew, Remi made his way up towards the infirmary. It was strange walking through the silent and ominous halls, hearing his footfalls ringing out and echoing upwards through the silent temple. It didn't matter how much he tried to stifle his movements to make them quiet, it was as if each sound was just dying to get out.

Like it was calling to something. Signalling his presence.

"Isla—" Remi called out in a stage whisper, hoping his voice would carry. Shouldering the door open, soup and wine in hand, as his stomach gave a rumble he suddenly had a very, very, late realization.

What was he thinking bringing Isla food?

REMI
Where do you go when you're right next to me?
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

In the deep silence and with senses much more acute than any Accepted's, Isla heard the voice and pinpointed its origin and its owner within moments. A truly warm smile flitted across her face and she moved with speed and grace towards the waiting area. "Remi," she whispered back, lighting a lantern to ensure he could see even if she didn't need it.

At the sight of him in the doorway with the stew and the wine her gaze softened further, the corners of her eyes creasing with her grin. She crossed over to see him, clicking the door shut behind him and wrapping him in a quick hug, more pleased than she could say to see him. "I thought you were meant to be in the Rathskeller."

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Narrowing his eyes slightly against the sudden light, Remi flashed the medic a grin as his avian dark-vision re-acclimated. As she hugged him, he tilted his head against her and one-armed her back, trying not to spill the stew on her. "I brought this for you, because I am the thoughtless sort of thoughtful, I suppose." He chuckled, before setting the bowl and wine down.

"I was...I was..I wanted to check on you." A shadow fell over his face, even in the darkness and he wrapped an arm around the other and sighed. "Two have died already Isla...Not in the Rathskeller, but outside. It..." His mouth fell open as he shook his head helplessly. "I never thought it would be like this>."

REMI
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Isla laughed as she realised the soup he had brought had been for her, and the wine too, though she appreciated it nonetheless. "That is better than the thoughtful sort of thoughtless," she quipped back, smiling at the hug in return and standing in his arms for a moment or two, simply glad to know that things were alright in other places as well as in the Infirmary.

Well... alright was pushing it, given what Remi had said. "Two? I... I'm so sorry. That's terrible," she said, her voice barely more than a whisper as she stepped back. "Come on, we can go to the study. You can enjoy the food and drink, and I will enjoy your company." Winking, Isla took up the lantern to lead him deeper into the Infirmary.

"At least we were warned," she murmured. "Imagine how awful it might have been, if no one had told us anything about it..."

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Part of Remi wishes that Isla would have just stayed at his side. She felt...well, she felt as Sam did, that strange sort of too-perfect temperature, but still the presence of her was a comfort. Especially given all they'd been through. "Mmm." Remi replied tonelessly. He'd never had to be the strong one before, and now with Sam in his life he felt more and more than he was supposed to be the hero of this little adventure. But he wasn't, despite what Jigano had thought about him. Remi was just an alchemist, a commoner. He was never meant to be the main character in any of this.

Forcing a smile that quickly turned genuine, Remi grabbed the offerings he'd brought and followed behind. "I honestly cannot imagine. Have you seen anything so far?"

Glancing around, the silence pounded on his ears, stirring a memory. "I thought Jigano was spending LongNight here? To assist you?"

REMI
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Isla smiled over her shoulder to Remi and shook her head. "Nothing yet - nothing bad, anyway. No one has come to the doors or the windows, apart from my Luxere friend..." She glanced to the warm glow outside as they passed it on the way to the study, Isla able to ear the munching of carrots as the Luxere dug into the treats she'd put out there for it.

"All of my patients seem to be calm and in a good condition. The rest of the week will hopefully be the same." She couldn't guarantee it, of course, but there was always hope. Pushing open the door to the study, Isla moved to set the lantern down and stoke the fire, before sinking to sit cross-legged before it.

"He was, and Phoebe too. But they never arrived, when it got dark. I suppose they must have found somewhere else to stay." She hoped that was the case, anyway.

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

The warm glow should have inspired confidence, but it didn't, for it was so soft outside. So soft and so palpably alone.

Narrowing his eyes as he sat down as well, Remi frowned. Phoebe was meant to come too? Biting the inside of his lip, the alchemist folded his legs in front of him, tapping an anxious finger on his knee. "That...does not seem like them. Either of them." Turning his gaze towards his hands, Remi sighed. "I was thinking of trying to create some sort of way we could communicate over long distances ... maybe just something as simple as lights that are green when all is well, and red when it is not...I suppose it is too late now, though."

Exhaling a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding, Remi reached for the wine. Uncorking it, he silently cheers'd Isla with a crooked grin. "I do not think this is what people normally mean when they say they are drinking alone, but.." With a shrug, he took a drink right from the bottle. It wasn't as though he was going to be sharing.

REMI
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Isla could only shrug and lean back on her hands, watching the flames calmly. "Whether or not it is like them, I will be glad to learn that they are both safe. I have plenty to do and it is probably better, not to have too many people around the infirmary making noise, right?" Remi was the most conversation she'd had since the darkness had dropped over the world. "Though that doesn't mean I begrudge your company. I'm glad to have it," she admitted.

His idea about the lights was a very good one, though Isla agreed that it was a little late. "There's always a worry that it might attract monsters too, I suppose. And besides, if a light went red I'm not sure there would be much we could do..." It was sad, but true enough.

She laughed softly, nodding a cheers back to the alchemist though unfortunately she couldn't drink as well. "Rest assured that I would be joining you, if it would make any difference to me."

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi chuckled. Some small and still wounded part of him had his hackles raised when he'd heard the bard was spending LongNight in the infirmary with Isla. Remi never had recourse before to be possessive of his friends, but something in the way the bard had so immediately criticized him was certainly bringing out the worst in him. So hearing Isla say she welcomed his company was more of a relief than he could have said, or that he let on. Still, his smile was wide as he grinned back at her.

"I was thinking small. Perhaps this big—" He held up his thumb and forefinger together, making a small round shape. "They could be carried perhaps...or ones that alert you specifically, when someone needs healing?" Remi truly did not know what the limits of his powers were. But now that he thought about, it did sound as though it might take some of the uncertainty out of Isla's life. At least she'd know when she was needed. Possibly where, if he could fit that in as well.

"Now you will be wanting one of those patches I made for Sam, mmm?" Remi said with a chuckle, taking another sip of wine.

REMI
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Isla raised an eyebrow and listened with obvious curiosity as Remi explained what he was thinking about. The invention sounded honestly ingenious, and like something she might very well find use out of - especially when it came to healing. Nodding encouragingly, she brushed a lock of fair hair out of her face and sat up straighter.

"I wonder if perhaps the Voice would be able to help you create something. I have visited two of her shrines now... and it looks as though the shrines are capable of communication, or something like that. Something similar might be of use in your invention." And she had already vetoed one of Remi's magical items before now, so this shouldn't be so difficult a second time. Speaking of which...

Flashing him a quiet sort of smirk, she rolled her shoulder in a shrug. "I don't know," she admitted. "I have means of feeling pleasure if that is something I want to seek out. To not feel fatigue or pain... it makes me more useful."

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi listened intently as Isla mentioned the Voice and her shrines. Remi had only seen the one in the underground now, but even then he'd been curious as to what exactly flowed through the roots that were not quite organic beneath her shrine. "Perhaps you can accompany me. She was pleasant enough when I saw her before and yet ... being what I am I think perhaps her want to assist me is limited. And I have only seen the one shrine of hers. I would be interested in seeing the other."

"Well that is certainly true." He said with a smirk as well, his gaze quietly meeting hers with the silent knowledge of how it was that they both knew that about her. "No fatigue or pain, and the ability to just...acquire power..." Frowning slightly, Remi recalled a question he'd posed to Sam that the ascended hadn't been able to answer. Perhaps Isla would. "Can you ... choose what you receive, when you drink from someone? I have magic and shifts after all, but last time you woke up as a lion, rather than with magic."

REMI
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Isla nodded easily at Remi's suggestion, an almost reverent smile flashing across her face. "It would be my pleasure. I think if she knew that your creations were to the benefit of the other Ascended as well as to everyone else... and that this device wouldn't be, ah, stepping on toes, it ought to be fine." There was only so much delicacy she could give to that snippet of info; it was all but palpable, that the Voice considered what had been done to Sam as a mar on his perfection.

She considered it all but settled after that. Come the sun, they would head back out to the tree and Remi could see the Voice's shrine for himself. Meeting Remi's eyes easily, Isla smirked back at him only to grow a touch puzzled at his question. She shook her head wonderingly. "I don't know. The first time I have ever done something like that was with you. I don't know if I can choose, or if it just... happens. There aren't too many people willing to try that as an experiment, either." She laughed.

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"Mmmm." Remi nodded thoughtfully. "I have heard that the old gods are displeased with how the Voice seems to try and play god with her creations but.." Remi shrugged, running a hand through his curls. "I suppose I can see the allure. With that sort of power, the want to help is easy to understand. Even I did it, and I am not anything compared to her. That being said though, I do think your...ahhh...ability to translate between us might come in handy." He added with a mischievous grin.

"They do not know what they are missing." Remi said instantly, before realizing just what he'd said and how it likely sounded. Smiling as a blush touched his cheeks, the alchemist fell silent for a moment as he gazed at Isla. Already his heartbeat had quickened at the mere thought of what it was he was proposing, if only because he knew what it had entailed. "Here I thought you were a more diligent researcher Isla." He chuckled with a shrug. "To think you settled to be a mere lionness, when instead you could have done this—" Reaching towards the bowl of stew, Remi touched it gently. Instantly it became gold-coated.

REMI