(SEASONAL EVENT) Guardian (OPEN)
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759

"That is a good way to put it." Remi said with a nod. There had been the darkening of the hair and how pale their skin had been ... then of course the daylight rings. Here nothing of the sort seemed to happen physically, until you were close enough to notice the lack of breath or a pulse.

Squeezing her hand back as well, Remi held it for a moment, just feeling. "Perfectly body temperature." He said with a laugh, shaking his head gently. It was one of the things he'd noticed most about Sam, how he was always the temperature, regardless.

"Ahh...that is a good point." Reckless, he heard Jigano saying in his mind. Thoughtless. "No, I did not mention it. I ..." Running a hand through his hair, Remi frowned. No one had every really worried about where he was before, not in a way that meant he had to check in.

And now with ... Sam? It was undeniable that the two were dating given that they had gone on dates (that was how that worked, right?). Did he now have the obligation to mention his movements?

The sudden flickering of lights outside made Remi start, his heart pounding as adrenaline spiked through his system. "Did you—" He started to ask, but then of course she'd heard it. She was an ascended after all. Rising in one fluid motion from where he'd been sitting, Remi tilted his head to catch the sound of dragging across the windows, as well as the bellowed warning from the luxere outside.

All but holding his his breath, Remi turned towards Isla uncertainly. "I'm sure I cannot convince you to come downstairs with us?"

REMI
Where do you go when you're right next to me?
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601

"Hm? Ah, yes. It's a pleasant side effect from not being able to feel hot and cold very well. My body can regulate and adapt itself. It has been an interesting analysis," Isla murmured, smiling down at their clasped hands and letting Remi claim it for as long as he wished, giving him the opportunity to tease as much information he liked from her findings.

A lecture formed on her lips as the alchemist revealed that he hadn't informed anyone about where he was going, the Ascended frowning softly. Remi was saved her gentle but firm words by the horror that suddenly came clacking and scratching at the window. With her hand still in Remi's, Isla rose to her feet with him, her eyes focused on the tell-tale glow that was not as bright as it had been, listening keenly for any further interruptions.

"I did," she whispered back, and it would be a lie to say she did feel very, very much alone in the Infirmary just then. Smiling faintly, she released his hand. "And leave the injured and the sick up here to fend for themselves? Never. But... you should go back, Remi. It is safer down there, no doubt."

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"Analysis? You say that as if you know what your body is doing." Then, with a pause of surprise his lashes fluttered with slow comprehension. "...Do you?"

Remi had no stupidly masculine intentions of trying to shove Isla behind him. If anything, her experience as a battlefield medic probably made her a much more accomplished tactician in situations like this than any knowledge he had. All his instincts either told him to run, or to hunt. The lion in him bravely said they would triumph over whatever darkness lingered by the window, but of course Remi's mind knew it wasn't so.

The release of his hand, coupled with her words made him feel foolish instantly. "No, of course. But you should not be alone here." The alchemist's teeth clenched together as he thought of Jigano, and how he wasn't here. Childishly Remi briefly imagined what it would be like to highlight this lapse in judgement next time he saw the bard. Now who is impulsive and reckless and all of those other things, mmm? but it faded. Remi's mind could not hold onto that sort of anger for long.

"I wonder if any below would come up here. I am sure you do not want people milling around the infirmary but ... if anything happens, if you need help with the patients or .." Glancing towards the window, Remi steeled his gaze as he turned back. "You should not be alone." He repeated firmly.

REMI
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Isla tipped Remi a crooked smile for his trouble, nodding to him. "Yes," she said. "I can. It's why not being able to feel pain is a help, rather than a hindrance. If I am hurt or unwell or too cold or warm, my body tells me so. If I close my eyes and focus, I can check and ensure everything is alright." She wished she could show him rather than trying to clumsily explain, but it was all she could give right now.

The medic's eyes were on the window as well, as if waiting for further trouble and bracing for it. She eventually tore her gaze away to tilt her head to Remi, smiling and shaking her head. "I will be fine," she promised him. "I am not alone, besides. The patients are good company. And I can hardly ask you to stay up here this whole week, especially given that you haven't told anyone where you've been."

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"That...that is amazing." Remi said, looking at her hand in earnest now, as if expecting to somehow see some sort of metrics or markings. There was nothing of course, but that she could introspect and learn those things about herself? Never had anyone said they were jealous of the bloodfiends. Not that he'd ever heard. But to be jealous of an ascended? Yes. He thought he could certainly understand that.

Remi frowned and gave her an unimpressed stare. "Ahh yes. Your patients who are clearly the pictures of physical and mental health." When she mentioned he could not simply stay up here all week, Remi flinched slightly. Biting his lip, he worried silently around the problem. Vai would understand...but Sam would not. Sam and Isla knew each other though, so reasonably the three could spend the week here? It would be quieter, which the red-headed ascended would appreciate.

But something about that suggestion felt...awkward in his mind, for some hard to discern reason.

"Well I could tell them." Remi said stubbornly.

REMI
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

If Isla could have blushed she probably would have as Remi called her amazing, the Ascended smiling and glancing away towards the fire as if to tell him silently to stop being so silly. "It is very useful, given that I couldn't tell otherwise," she murmured. It was a good thing, in some respects, that the window was still causing them a few distractions, because it meant she could change the subject. Snorting softly, she reached out to squeeze Remi's shoulders.

"Which is all the more reason for me to stay up here with them. They won't get better by themselves, and when they do perk up I am sure they will be fine company." She smiled lopsidedly, before letting him go and nodding. "Yes, I think you could," she agreed. "And I think perhaps you ought to, Remi. If they don't know where you are they may go looking for you, and I don't think I need to tell you how dangerous we both know that is."

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Turning into the feeling of her hands on his shoulders, Remi sighed a mixture of disappointment and knowing defeat. She was right though. At some point his disappearance would be noticed, and while those like Vai would probably trust him enough to take care of himself, Sam certainly wouldn't. Or at least, Sam would simply want to be where he was. Running a hand across his eyes and then up though his hair, Remi nodded with defeat.

Glancing towards the window, Remi worried the inside of his lip before turning his gaze down towards his hands. Closing his eyes, he tried to concentrate. Creation magic was interesting in that he didn't always know what it was he was making, and yet somehow it had the desired effect. In his palms, two black flattened ovals appeared, each glowing softly green. The centre of each looked as though it could be depressed. Opening his eyes, Remi pressed the centre of one, and suddenly both turned red. With a wry grin, he pressed it again, and both turned green.

Handing one towards Isla, Remi grinned crookedly. "Here. At least now you can tell me if you are in trouble."

Remi has used 1/2 seasonal magic slots to create

Warning Device | Each stone glows green under the centre of one is pressed, then they both glow red.
REMI
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Stepping back as Remi glanced down towards his hands, as if able to recognise by now when the alchemist was going to do something remotely magical, Isla watched with obvious wonder as the two pulsing stones appeared. "What is... oh. That... That is marvellous, Remi." Isla grinned as he pressed the stone and both changed colour, accepting hers gratefully and turning it this way and that as if to try and examine how it did what it did.

"You are not making it very easy not to want to try and suck the magic out of you," she remarked with an uncharacteristically dark little laugh, though her blue eyes were still warm and playful as she glanced back up at Remi. "Come on. I can walk you back out. Be safe though, okay? This stone goes both ways, and if you need me, you call."

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Perhaps Isla’s eyes could see something that his could not. But the magic did as it would and the creation he had pulled out of thin air was just as mysterious to him for having made it.

Glancing towards her with a smirk of his own, Remi felt something coil inside of himself with a warm darkness that responded instantly to the tone of her voice. It was hard not to, his body keenly aware of what had happened between them even if his mind was more comfortable slotting it away. ”If you think it will help you, you can, you know. The stones only work once you’re in trouble, but if something I have can prevent that from happening..”

REMI
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Carefully, Isla slipped the stone into the pocket of her tunic, where it's soft green glow could just be seen peeping out through the fabric. She was on her way to the door to let Remi out of the Infirmary, and her hand was even on the handle when he spoke again, Isla glancing over her shoulder to him and raising an eyebrow. "Remi," she said softly, the refusal already on her lips, but she couldn't make it come out.

"You'll need all the strength you can get for this week," she pointed out, though she still hadn't opened the door. "And what if I still can't get any magic? A lioness does not do so well in the operating room." Managing a small smile, her hand slipped away from the handle. "I don't like hurting you."

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

"Yes, but I am not alone downstairs as you are up here. Patients not withstanding." He said with a wry grin, meaning to cut off that particular line of defense before it could start. "Well, if you can't get magic at least that question will be answered. And besides, you need only be a lioness when it suits you. Watching Sam at least...I think it is something you can control. Call on it when you want, though only the once."

As she mentioned hurting him, Remi took a slow breath. "You know it does not." He said, voice slow, his eyes rising slowly to meet hers.

REMI
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Isla didn't really have an answer for that one, and she smirked at Remi as if to ascquiesce that he had her there. "What if I can get magic, but now I know I could be a cutesy raccoon or a hawk as well as a lioness I get distracted and end up with one of your animal shifts?" she quipped, running her fingers gently through her fair hair as if to try and settle the clash of logic and instinct in her mind.

You know it does not. That much was true, and it didn't just go for Remi. Isla met the alchemist's eyes, absently fidgeting with a frayed edge of her tunic sleeve, before she cleared her throat and straightened up. "How unlike us, to be so shy with one another," she murmured. "You... your logic makes sense. Alright." She nodded. "At least this way I might be able to try and help the patients. I will try for your creation magic."

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Watching as her fingers glided through her hair, Remi quirked a brow and grinned. "Well I suppose you will just have to concentrate then."

Remi too, felt the palpable thing there. They were friends, never more, never less. And yet in the moments when Isla's lips were upon him, they were everything. Briefly thoughts of Sam flickered through his mind, but Remi quickly dismissed them. He would understand. If not for what they would learn about the transition of powers, Remi had to protect Isla. If he could give her some sort of advantage that she did not normally have (cutesy raccoons not withstanding) it was worth it of course.

Remi laughed with boyish relief as she called them out on their behavior, nodding with a grin. "Try away." He quipped, though as he stepped forward, the smile fell away instantly and he took a slippery and shuddery breath. Reaching out a hand, he combed it through her hair, drawing her forewards as if he met kiss her. Green into blue. The smallest of smiles. But then he tilted his head away, and brought her lips against his neck.

REMI
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

"Luckily for you, I am a medic and concentration is my forte," Isla murmured, though that didn't really say much for what her forte would be like when there was ecstasy flowing through her veins. She laughed as well as the tension in the air seemed to snap, though it faded to silence as she stepped forward as well. With Remi's fingers in her hair and her eyes on his, she brought up her hands to curl one around his waist, the other carefully resting against his jaw.

He brought her forward, her mouth pressing against his neck, the pulse of blood in his veins suddenly and startingly loud in her ears. Isla closed her eyes, her lips parting, and without further ado she slipped her fangs into the soft column of his neck. Blood, rich and copper and somehow so much more, danced across her tongue, and she let out a hum of near relief as a thirst she didn't know she possessed was slaked once more. Bliss crackled along in its wake, and Isla's fingers slid into the back of Remi's curls to hold him there.

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here