there's coke in the midas touch
Jack <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
// now knowing how to think, i scream aloud, begin to sink
my legs and arms are broken down with envy for the solid ground //
The Ark was back in Port, Sunjata’d received the letter alongside the one from Melita. And with one of the reunions taken care of, it left one stop before the boys finally have some tied up loose ends. At least… An attempt at tying up those loose ends. His boots echo along the wood of the docks, the Attuned ducking beneath a flag that’s being wound up on the side of the docks as he approaches the Ark.

He’s brighter now, less dark circles sit under his eyes, the tension to his shoulders mostly gone. He no longer needs to walk around with his dragon’s armor on display, worried and paranoid. He’s still somewhat paranoid but there isn’t anything else for them to take from him. They can’t take Torchline from him if it isn’t his anymore, after all.

So he makes it to Jack’s door, knocking and projecting that it’s definitely him in consideration for Jack’s magic, before he pauses a few seconds and enters Jack’s quarters. “Hello Captain.
// i'm reaching for the life within me, how can one man stop his ending?
i thought of just your face, relaxed, and floated into space //
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
JACK

"Hello, Sunjata."

Jack is sitting in the dark when the Flood walks in; the windows are covered and the lanterns are extinguished, and the captain is seated behind his desk with his eyes closed, fingers pinched across the bridge of his nose. "I'll be fine," he says pre-emptively, should the other man decide to stick his oar in about it. It's just the tail end of a migraine; not enough to stop Jack functioning, but enough to make it bloody difficult.

"You stepped down from governor. We have two queens now," he says, like Sunjata might not be aware of all of that. "Have you lost your fuckin' mind, or was this place never more than a fuckin' hobby to you?" he wants to know. "You might've at least had the decency to do it when I was in town, y'know."
you are a quiet god
and your hunger is cavernous
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
It’s strange, he thinks, to have Jack call him by his full name after so long. It’s to be expected, of course, and he slips into the dark room – eyes shifting to his dragon’s slit pupils to better see through the dark as the door snicks shut behind him. He settles in the chair opposite of Jack, legs outstretched and arms resting on each of the armrests, his gaze not leaving Jack.

He’d expected the bite in his tone, but he can’t help the quirk and tug at his scarred side of his lips before he addresses them. “I did step down.” He starts, before he’s leaning forward a fraction. “I didn’t have time to wait for you and the Ark to get back. We imprisoned Hotaru, she was taken by the Lullaby. In that time, I made Nate Governor alongside me.” His head tilts a fraction as he scans Jack’s desk absentmindedly. “Safrin didn’t like it. And the only person I had in Torchline I could trust after everything was Nate and you.

He knows of Jack’s magic, and he lets the fury and rage and frustration of how he’d felt before stepping down slip into him a bit more. The defensiveness, the paranoia, the way he was turning into his father. “Now, I could’ve just became a dragon dictator for Torchline and turned into my father, or avoided it completely. And I chose the one that let me keep my head.” He doesn’t care if Jack hates him for it or not.

I’m not governor anymore, but that doesn’t mean I don’t intend to ignore the favors I owe you.” As far as he's concerned, he owes Jack a whole fucking lot and he intends to pay them back. Only this time he has the benefit of not being tied to a region for it. If Jack needed a dragon for anything, he would be there.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
JACK

"Sounds like you made a lot of shitty decisions and then bitched out when they didn't go the way you planned," Jack mumbles, slowly opening his eyes and lowering his hand from his face when he senses that Sunjata has taken his seat. Wrinkling his nose, he raises a hand as if to bat away the thorny feelings that try to flood through the telepathic link; ain't shit Sunjata can do about it, but Jack can complain regardless.

"Aight, so you didn't wanna become your old man, you pissed off a goddess and you got trust issues. You're officially like most people in Torchline now," he says with a roll of his shoulders, not that it will make a difference to what happened. Jack's not here for excuses, much as he wanted to get this off his chest.

So when Sunjata turns the conversation to the things that do matter, things that they can still do together, Jack perks up. And he lets out a long, slow sigh, slumping in his seat and closing his eyes again; he doesn't really need to look at the other man to have this conversation. "Where are you gonna be livin'?" he asks.
you are a quiet god
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The mumble does spark a small amused smile to Sunjata, surprising given the context. “Would rather bitch out than be punished for it. Sorry, not sorry.” He half rumbles, shaking his head despite the fact Jack can’t see him do it. He knows the other man knows regardless, and the Flood makes himself comfortable as he offers his explanations. “Ah, glad to know I fit in finally when I’m leaving.” The sarcasm drips from his tongue before he works his jaw, his scarred cheek tugging with the movement.

He knows that mentioning the favors will have Jack perk up, and its something Sunjata’s counting on as he meets the Captain’s gaze, however fleetingly, before leaning back in his chair again. “King’s End.” He pauses, tongue running along his lower lip as he considers where he and Nate had officially decided. “We’re not telling anyone but you this, but the Boondocks. We’ll be there when the Ark comes to visit King’s End if you need anything or need to find us.” It was easier that way, anyway. Close to the water just like he’d been here in Torchline, just without actively being in the region.

A nice little cozy home for however long they have left. “It’s just going to be Nate and I, Kamaria, my sister and Nate’s brother.” He offers quietly, as if the context helped. Regardless, it’ll just be them that Jack needs to interact with, if he needed to in the first place.
SUNJATA
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK

"Of course. You ain't ever done anythin' the easy way," Jack informs Sunjata with a smirk; that applies both to his sorry not sorry and the fact that he's finally become a true Torcher right when he's skipping off the islands for good. Relaxing into his seat and seeming grateful not to have to pay more attention to the conversation than is strictly necessary, he gestures vaguely to a bottle of whiskey and a glass left out for the Flood to partake if he wishes.

King's End, Boondocks. It's definitely one of the more considerate places in Caido that Sunjata could have moved to. "Got yourself a big family all of a sudden," he remarks. "I'll be sure to drop by durin' Flowerbirth for a face to face chit-chat. For now, if I need anythin', you'll know." Because of course he would. Then, opening one eye, Jack tilts his head. "Secret for a secret, then. I don't expect the shit you or your wife know about me to go beyond the two of you."

And, finally, "Anythin' you need from me? Favours for old time's sake an' all?"
you are a quiet god
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Where’s the fun in that?” He murmurs, a crooked smile crossing his face. Fun, hurt, heartbreak, all of it came when the path hadn’t been the easy way. He supposes it’s how he’s grown — subjective of course, depending on who was asked. Jack’s offering some whiskey though and Sunjata immediately moves to pour himself a glass before settling back to take a deep sip, letting the alcohol burn against his throat as he exhales a heavy sigh.

He considers Jack’s words a moment longer before nodding. “Flowerbirth then.” He agrees easily, perking up a bit more when it comes to secret versus secret. “That secret’s safe with us.” He assures him in case there was any room for doubt. “We’ll keep yours if you keep ours.” A playful wink is sent Jack’s way before he’s taking another long sip of the whiskey.

I think I’m good on the favors on my end, actually. Is there anything you need from me before I go?” He asks, lifting the glass to his lips again.
SUNJATA
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK

"Well who am I to argue with a deal like that," Jack drawls; he can pull the threads of sincerity from Sunjata's thoughts, and really with that done there's very little else to say on the matter. Does Jack need anything, though? The short answer is always, but as Jata has doubtlessly seen already, the good captain is quite particular about who he asks for favours and what they are for.

Forcing himself to sit up and focus, he reaches out to pour himself a small glass of whiskey as well, all the while shaking his head in a gentle nope. "Looks like our business has concluded for now then," he tells the Flood, raising his glass that he might clink it against the other man's. "Until next time. Let's hope you don't find even more trouble in the Boondocks." Sunjata? Trouble? Never.
you are a quiet god
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It kept things easy, it kept things simple. The less that people knew where to find Sunjata and Nate, the easier their life would be. They didn’t want the constant stream of people on their doorstep that they’d had when they’d lived in the house carved into the hillside. In fact, it had brought so much frustration and dread every time someone knocked on the door.

Now, though? It felt behind them, and Sunjata pauses before lifting the glass to his lips to watch Jack pour himself some, offering a small toast in agreement with Jack, the clink of a glass filling the air before he takes a sip. “Gods, here’s hoping I get some reprieve.” He rumbles with a crooked smirk, one that tugs at the scar on his face. “Hopefully the only trouble I get into has your hand in it.” A wink is shot Jack’s way, before he’s downing the rest and moving to stand, pausing before departing if only to quietly regard Jack a moment longer.

He wants to tell the Captain thank you for all the things he’s done to help keep him mentally there to rule Torchline, but he knows how Jack is about thank yous, and so he simply nods his departure, and heads to open the door unless Jack has anything else to say.
SUNJATA
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK

Jack doesn't say it, but he knows men like Sunjata. And he knows that they tend to like the trouble, whether or not they say as much, and if it followed them places, they tended to have a hand in it (however unintentional it might look). Having connections with Jack, for example, is likely to bring turbulence to Sunjata's attempt at playing happy families, and they both know it. And yet, that door remains wide open for the captain to step through and cause havoc. Again, though, Jack doesn't say it.

"I'll have a drink on you," is what he says instead, knocking back the rest of his whiskey and settling in his seat to watch the Flood depart. Sunjata, of course, doesn't need to say thank you for Jack to get it, and he snorts at the other man and waves him away with a cheerful, "Fuck off."

And thus concludes Sunjata's business in Torchline, as far as the captain is concerned.

~FIN
you are a quiet god