Checking in
For Maeve
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
Ray made her way through the Court of Stars and towards Maeve's office. The herbalist couldn't help but admire the building as she went. To be a part of this, as one who helped build it but also as a councilwoman was both humbling and daunting. It filled her with determination to do her best to protect Torchline and all of her inhabitants.

That very drive was what drew Ray to Maeve today. The Queen was getting closer to her due date and the herbalist wanted to check in on her. The last time she had Maeve had been struggling with morning sickness after all. It would be beneficial to see how the treatments worked and how the soon to be mom was feeling.  

Arriving at the door, Ray gave it a gentle knock. "Maeve? It's Ray. Do you have a minute?"
They have not
forgotten this
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Nights were the hardest. The coming of night meant that she had to stop working and return to her empty home and sleep in her even emptier bed. It brought a sense of dread that she couldn't exactly shake no matter how hard she tried. She was contemplating simply sleeping here on the couch that occupied the small sitting area of her office when a knock pulled her from those musings, Aidon's head instantly snapping in the direction of the door as he rumbled in response to the voice. The Nightshade stood, slowly making her way over to receive her guest, a tired smile on her lips as she opened the door.

"Of course, Ray. Is something the matter?" She began, wondering if the Attuned had come across some information that might be important for them to know. While the Queen wasn't doing poorly, it was clear she had better days. The exhaustion was obvious in the dark circles under her eyes and the pallid tinge to her skin that had nothing to do with her typically milky complexion. Still, she didn't look unwell.

Stepping aside so that the herbalist might come in, Maeve waited before closing the door behind her, slipping the lock back into place in a way that's become mostly habit now. Her steps drew her back towards the couch where she sunk down on the end closest to the fireplace, "Please, make yourself comfortable."
NO ONE WANTS YOU WHEN YOU HAVE NO HEART
AND I’M SITTING PRETTY IN MY BRAND NEW SCARS
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray's eyes softened as she took in the woman before her. Maeve's appearance made the herbalist glad that she'd taken the time to visit. Sitting down on the couch she couldn't help the sigh of relief that escaped her. Ray had been on her feet all day and so sitting by a fire in the comfort of a friend was more soothing then she could articulate.

At the Queen's concerned question, Ray shook her head. "No, not at all. I simply wanted to check on you." The herbalist scanned her friend, noting her appearance in more detail. The obvious stress and exhaustion caused a pang of sympathy to go through her.  "How have you been feeling? Has the morning sickness improved?" Hopefully that at least had gotten easier for the Queen.
They have not
forgotten this
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Maeve blinked in surprise at Ray's statement, touched that the woman had thought about her enough to consider dropping by to merely see how she was doing. "Oh. That's very thoughtful of you, Ray." She murmured softly, leaning back against the arm of the couch, toeing off her shoes so she could draw her legs up beneath her, arms resting protectively over her belly. "Tired mostly. We're getting towards the end now. When I spoke to Phoebe she thought my due date to be somewhere in the first couple of weeks of Deepfrost."

As for her morning sickness? It came an went in waves. Some days were worse than others, but the remedies that Ray had provided for her did help her handle the rougher days with ease. "It's more like all day sickness, but it seems to have tapered off for the most part. Some days it's more insistent than others." Maeve sighed, rubbing soothing circles against the swell of her stomach.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
"Deepfrost? That certainly is soon. Have you thought of a name yet?" Ray eyed her friend warmly, glad to hear that the soon to be mother was hanging in there. The herbalist personally couldn't imagine such an endeavor. She had no interest in having kids of her own, but she was happy to help her friends who did. If she'd had any siblings, Ray would likely have become a crazy aunt quite happily.

The herbalist hummed as Maeve spoke of her continued symptoms, brow furrowed slightly in concern. "I see. Is it giving you too much trouble? Is there anything else that I can do to help?" Ray hated to hear that Maeve was still suffering somewhat.
They have not
forgotten this
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She's thoughtful for a moment, remembering back to her conversation with Locke, the names she mentioned to him swirling in her mind. Not only that, but the affectionate nickname he had already thought up for their child. Little star and bug. Both of the terms on endearment lovingly picked out, but neither of them suitable for a proper name. "I've thought of a few. If it's a boy then Edmund or William. If it's a girl then maybe Evelynn or Delilah." Maeve runs a hand over her belly, a small smile curling on her lips at the sharp kick they plant against her ribs, "They're very active now."

It was giving her plenty of trouble, but nothing that she couldn't really handle. Although, the idea of some comfort is more than a little appealing. "I would take more of that tea you made up for me. It helped."
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray smiled warmly as she took in the names. "Those are excellent." A slightly teasing edge made it's way to her face. "Very proper names. But it fits given their elegant mother." The herbalist couldn't help the small snicker that escaped at her small joke. She truly did see Maeve as an elegant person but it was still rather amusing to picture a child with such a formal name.

Ray watched the soon to be mother fondly as Maeve continued to speak of her child. It was obvious to her how much the little being was already loved. "They're lucky to have you." The herbalist noted softly but perked up at the request. "More of the tea? OF course! I'll have some delivered to you first thing tomorrow morning. I'm glad it's helping."
They have not
forgotten this
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve huffed softly, a light flush rising to her cheeks as Ray's words reached her, "You flatter me. I don't think of myself as elegant." The word rolled on her tongue, her accent giving it a softer lilt that did nothing to help her case and if anything simply proved Ray's thoughts further. "I want them to have a name to be proud of. My father didn't know my name. I'm sure I had one from my mother, but she wasn't there to tell me it." She had a name once, given to her by a mother who might have loved her enough to care, but not enough to take her when she left. No, instead Maeve grew up without one and chose the name she has now. Both of them. Maeve. The Nightshade.

They were picked by her. No one else gave them to her. No one else could take them. They were hers because she made it so.

"I'm the lucky one. I get to be their mother." Her baby wasn't even here yet and Maeve knew she would do anything for them. Just as Remi said. It would be a love that went beyond love. As their conversation shifted to tea, a small smile curled on her lips and she dipped her head in thanks, "I appreciate it." Maeve murmured, lifting her jade eyes to the woman's, shifting slightly in her seat.

"There is one more thing... I have a quest from Safrin. She's going to do something to keep my baby safe. Perhaps others too. I'm not sure, but she's tasked me with gathering some things. I was wondering if you might be willing to part with a lock of hair?"
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray chuckled slightly at Maeve's reaction. She hadn't expected the other woman to blush but it made her have to restrain a mischievous grin. The urge went away however, being replaced by a gentle smile as Maeve spoke more of her child. The herbalist took a sip of her tea, content to listen to her friend talk.

Maeve's request received a raised brow. "A piece of my hair?" It was certainly a strange component for a quest but if it was to protect Maeve's child? The herbalist had no reservations. "I'm willing to contribute in any way to keep the little one safe. Parting with a  lock of hair is not an exception." This was an innocent child after all. An innocent child who belonged to Ray's friend. She would never hesitate to help.

Ray pulled a small dagger from her pocket and with a quick motion, cut a lock off. She wrapped it up in a napkin and placed it on the table before Maeve. "Is that enough or do you need more?"
They have not
forgotten this
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It was a relief to et this one piece of the quest done. Maeve watched as she drew out the dagger, wrapping one curl around the blade and slicing through it cleanly before she carefully put the lock of hair in a napkin. Maeve reached for it, tucking it away for safe keeping, offering her a small smile as she reached out, taking her hand and giving it a squeeze. "Thank you so much. This means the world to me."

She leaned back lightly against the cushions, smoothing a hand over her belly, "I can't wait for them to get here." Maeve told her softly, bringing her hand to feel a kick that her baby placed against her side. "For you to meet them." For her friends and Locke to finally meet this precious little bundle she's been growing for some time. "For everyone to meet them."
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray returned the hand squeeze with one of her own. A warm smile stretched across her face as she gave a nod. "Of course. I'm happy to help in any way that I can." She repeated her earlier sentiment, just as genuine and sure as she was the first time. It took a village to raise a child and Maeve's little one already had a village waiting for them. Maeve, Locke, Ray, Aurelia, Paige, and so many others.

Watching Maeve, Ray gave a small grin. "I can't wait either. I'm going to spoil the little one as much as you'll let me." Chuckling, she stood up. "As much as I wish I could stay, I have to get back and fill a few prescriptions. I'll have that tea sent to you first thing tomorrow." The herbalist gave her friend a warm smile as she headed for the door. "Take care, ok?"

Heading home to get some work done, Ray sent a small prayer up to the Gods. A small prayer for Maeve and her child's health and that Maeve's quest would be successful.

-{FIN}
They have not
forgotten this