all of the ways i've found
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i've been known to run just to feel the rush
Ludo's recent warning about not starting the war and its not so subtle mention that raising Remi to demigod status might have been a mistake, have not clouded the alchemist's thoughts so much as they've lingered like a low hanging mist. He can see through it well enough and while it doesn't affect much of what he does, it's always there, always slightly threatening to make him damp, always a touch unnerving. Always close.

On his knees before Ludo's shrine, the alchemist pulls the crown from the festival from his pocket as well as a small doll that he'd made. Remi had created a lantern during the event, though he knew better than to wish to see the dead raised; the Lullaby's was not a heart that was good at goodbyes, so he'd leave the honour of seeing a loved one for someone else. Instead, he'd spent the majority of his time carving a Ludo doll out of a turnip adorned with straw and cloth, which now sat at the base of one of the trees with Remi's crown surrounding it like a fence.

"I did not want to assume this was for me to keep." Remi says a touch more carefully than he otherwise might. His fingers have already come away with glitter from the crown, and as he wipes them on his pants, he could swear that somehow there was suddenly more glitter.
remi
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"How sweet these are..."

Around the Lullaby the world will appear to hum and shift, suffused with energy that reaches and stretches towards the being who stands before him.

Not the herald, but the source.

Overhead the skies swirl violet (or is it fuscia? Aquamarine?) and as Mort lowers himself to kneel with Remi, his small frame seems smaller still for being in the demigod's shadow.

"I believe this is for you." Reaching out to remove the fence-crown from around the doll, Mort reaches out to sit it atop Remi's head. "There. Isn't that better?"
mort

Table base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Though Remi's bulk freezes in place, feathers and fur snarl between his curls and down the back of his neck. His eyes seem to deepen in their sockets as his brow furrows and his fingers grow stiff where previously they'd been wiping glitter from his pants. As a delicate hand comes into view, lifting the crown and placing it on his head, Remi turns slowly to regard the god at his side. He'd only seen Mort once before, and with Ludo's abilities, at first the demigod can't decide if this is just the herald wearing the face of its parent god—placing the crown back on his head certainly seems to support this—or if it's actually Mort.

"Mort?" He breathes, sounding skeptical and understandably wary. "What...are you doing here?" Swallowing hard and leaning back onto his heels and away from the god, Remi has forgotten all about the crown on his head or the glitter of his hands but for the deep and warm brown of the god's eyes. "Is Ludo alright?"
remi

Change author:
"Ludo is just fine," the God of Death assures Remi with a vibrant smile. "Thank you for worrying about it - I know it can be peculiar, sometimes. I was in the area and I heard your prayer. They're funny things, crowns, aren't they?" Scrunching his nose, he rises to his feet - but not until he scoops the little turnip dolly into his hands.

"Would you like to go for a walk with me, Remi?" he asks, rising to his feet and holding out his hand for the Lullaby to take. "There is something I would like to show you."
mort

Table base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Sipping in a breath that has Remi's lungs expanding painfully (he's forgotten how to exhale in Mort's presence), the alchemist blinks with a boyish nativity as his mind tries desperately to catch up. In the area? he wonders, the words sound like ones he should understand and yet they held no meaning for him. "Funny...yes.." He agrees on a shaky exhale. "I cannot say I am much of a fan." Remi manages, only for Mort to extend his hand toward the alchemist, leaving Remi losing hold of whatever grasp on the situation he thought he'd managed to get.

Hesitantly Remi holds out his hands, though his fingers stop short of Mort's. "I...I will feel what you do, if you touch me." He murmurs, almost apologetically. Happy enough to follow along, strange as this situation was, being privy to the emotions of a god seemed far too intimate a thing for someone like Remi.
remi

Change author:
"I daresay that is why Ludo decided to give it to you." Mort laughs, the sound melodic and filled with joy. The Lullaby reaches up, falling short, and the god busies himself for a moment in perching the turnip doll upon his shoulder, nestling it against his unruly curls. "Good," he says eventually in response to Remi's remarks. "I believe you might need it more than most."

Reaching down, Mort's fingers close around the Lullaby's that the God of Death might draw him to his feet. And it will flood the demigod in waves as serene as they are powerful - a sensation of utter peace, from the particles of soil between their feet to the birdsong which trills overhead. And wrapped into that peace is a boundless, giddying sort of love for every creature that draws breath, from the first to the last.

Death loves life, so does Mort love Vi.

"Come," he urges in a boyish whisper, leading them through Ludo's Woods, deeper and deeper into the undergrowth. "Do you know what spriggans are, Remi?"
mort

Table base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The panic that rises like a white wall of water in the back of the alchemist's throat disappears entirely as Mort's fingers close around his own. It's a feeling of bliss and easy serenity that he's never known, that leaves his spirit sighing with gratitude and his heart thumping out a gentle rhythm. Inhaling sharply, the breath catches in his throat as the Lullaby tries to wrap his fingers around the colours that swirl through his bones.

Anywhere, Remi wants to agree. Only never let me go. Instead, he finds himself gripping Mort's hand and being led as easily as a child. Once Ludo had led him into woods not unlike these with promises of rest and family and Remi had gone so willingly he'd nearly died. Now again, years later, he was perhaps on precisely the same path despite being neither innocent nor sin-free as sacrifices are often meant to be.

'Spriggans?' The alchemist repeats, not meaning to sound quite so dull or useless as he was likely coming across. "Only from books. I have never seen one before, though." He admits.
remi

Change author:
Mort smiles across at his new charge, his fingers wrapping easily around Remi's with no intention of letting him go just yet. "I know that my herald has expressed some concerns about you recently," he says conversationally as they walk. "I believe they come from a place of concern and love for you, for what it's worth."

As they walk they are not alone - in the trees, a small bird chirps its joy at the duo, fluttering down to nestle against Mort's free shoulder, before hopping across to Remi's. "You haven't? Well this should be quite a treat. Come on."

Mort picks up his pace, though they don't seem to go any faster, and before long the woods around them are little more than a mass of greens and browns and violets - all but a small cluster of colours up ahead. Red, blue, white - they gather around the base of a tree, and at the god's approach, the spriggans all glance up.

Vaguely humanoid and pulsing with light, they appear almost to be created from the elements that form them. Rock and flame for the one shrouded in crimson - shells and water for the one cloaked with aqua. There is one colour missing, however - and its tiny body is almost camouflaged against the forest floor. Formed out of leaves and twigs, the dead spriggan is doubtlessly mourned by its comrades.

"We do not often stay after death, to look at what is left behind," Mort comments. "And what is left, more often than not, is a lot of love."
mort

Table base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Mort's words create shards of ice that form and do their best to freeze Remi's heart, but the god's emotions melt them away before they can do more than cause him to shiver. "I am glad to hear it. I find perspective and...direction rather difficult, these days." He admits a trifle guiltily.

The world rushes by in a swirl of colours that Remi might have found utterly enchanting were it not for the hand that still held his, making him nearly blind to everything around. However as they slow, Remi does find he's able to focus on what Mort is showing him. Drawing in a breath to behold the small creatures, the smile that tugs boyishly on his lips disappears as he notices the fallen spriggan. "It can be so hard to understand it for what it is." Remi agrees. No stranger to death, even now the guilt and anger and melancholy that accompanies the loss of others isn't always immediately understood as love, even if that's what its roots are in.

"Mi dispiace per la tua perdita." He whispers gently to the lingering creatures.
remi

Change author:
"You're navigating the storms before your sunshine," Mort tells him gently, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "It's alright to be confused, to not know all the answers. No one is asking you to," he says, before his attention moves more fully to the spriggans. Crouching down before them, the god is forced to let his fingers slip out of the Lullaby's, but only that he might very carefully scoop up the fallen spriggan.

"You are very sweet to say so," he remarks of the musical words that spill from Remi's lips. "Remember, though, that the loss only hurts because the love was so great." Smiling into his open palms, Mort leans in and blows gently on the spriggan's still little body. And it scatters, suddenly, into motes of bright green light, into the soul of the creature it once was. Only when it looks as though it's about to drift away entirely to the motes snap together once more, though this time they pulse with a muted, grey-blue hue.

The spriggan reforms into something ghostly, something there-but-not-quite, but its comrades are nonetheless giddy with its return. "This is why I needed Ludo," Mort explains. "To guide, and to preserve those memories. And this is why Ludo needs you - to ease suffering, that the memories might not be so painful to recall."
mort

Table base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The last time Remi had disagreed with the gods it had done little good, and so while an argument begins to form in the back of his throat, Remi wisely swallows it away and instead nods.

The world snaps back into sharp focus without Mort's influence to blur the edges with his warmth, and it takes Remi a moment or two to steady himself back into reality. Tilting his head as the god breathes onto the small creature, the Lullaby watches with bated breath as the creature's soul seems to dissipate on the breeze, only to be caught and called back. Smiling, albeit sadly to see the remaining spriggan's so overjoyed, Remi bites at the inside of his cheek. "Time is far more adept at easing suffering." The Lullaby admits, before his smile turns a touch crooked and he glances boyishly toward Mort.

"But...now I have the memory of this moment." He realizes. " Of your love when you held my hand. I will be able to share that with others, when they wonder what it is like for their loved ones to be with you."
remi

Change author:
"Alas, we are not the gods of time," Mort says softly as he rises back to his feet. The ghostly spriggan remains hovering before him, and its fellows swarm up to say hello to demigod, deity and the little soul brought back. Glancing to Remi with the work done, Mort smiles adoringly, reaching out to wrap him in a sudden hug. "That's right, you do," he says. "And you can know yourself, what those who have gone before you are feeling."

There's more, though, and as Mort draws back, the ghostly spriggan flits forward to examine the Lullaby, before taking residence in his mess of curls. And perhaps only then will Remi feel it as the companion-bond snaps into place, as this little consciousness bleeds into his own, content and joyful and overwhelmed. "Just in case you ever need a reminder," Mort says with a smile.

"Oh, and one other thing." Rocking on the balls of his feet, the God of Death seems to be trying to recall something distant. "I believe you might find something of interest, out where all the bones are."

Remi has received a spriggan companion!
mort

Table base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Smiling fondly down at the creatures, Remi extends his fingers to them should they care to inspect him. However as Mort draws him in for a hug, the alchemist finds himself unbalance suddenly. Wings flaring from his sides the alchemist nearly grabs onto the god for support before his flailing feathers are able to keep him mostly upright. "Sorry—" He mumbles against the curve of Mort's neck; later that evening Remi will marvel at this, but for the moment, he's merely relieved he hasn't tugged the god over with him.

Pulling back, Remi peers up as far as he can without tilting his head as if he might see the creature that has suddenly tucked itself away in his curls. Gasping for breath as the companion bond asserts itself like a bit of golden thread in the back of his consciousness, Remi's fingers ball into a fist as memories of Isla crash into the forefront of his mind. Hallo, the alchemist thinks toward the creature nesting in his hair, wondering how many more lives could be placed under his protection before even his incredible strength finally gave out.

'The bones? Hak Etme, you mean?' Remi murmurs, his mind still dazed and dragging along.
remi

Change author:
"You never need to apologise to me," Mort says softly, linking his arms behind his back and admiring the newly formed bond between Lullaby and spriggan, even with Remi's wariness. "Your new friend has already passed on from here once," he reminds him. "And should the worst happen, she will return to me once again. She is not your responsibility, Remi. You are hers."

Seeming content, nonetheless, with how things have panned out (and yes, the other spriggans are also crowding Remi's curls to chatter with their not-so-fallen-friend), Mort finally steps back. "The place with all the bones," he repeats with a nod. "I love you, Remi. Be well, and I will see you again."

And with that, Mort turns and strolls away into the trees, his fingers caressing the leaves as they fall.
mort

Table base by Sky!