in our own hands
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It's Lord of the Flies in my mind tonight
It ain’t the Kraai, that much is painfully obvious, both in the dingy decor and the quality of the liquor in her glass - which has a slight ring around the edge, as if it were washed improperly. Wessex may not have a superb sense of taste left, but even she can tell when the booze is too alcoholic. A shame, really, but she’s glad to not have to worry about catching something in here.

Perks of all those upgrades, there’s not much room left for biological bits.

Still, as she swills the amber liquid thoughtfully, frown lines appear above her slightly furrowed brow. If it wasn’t evident by her request to her siblings before, should be now. For the most part, the few bar patrons mind their own business, as dive bar regulars usually do - but one or two cast furtive glances her way.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
liars and lovers combine tonight, we're gonna make a scene
No, it absolutely is not the Kraai, and it couldn't have been anyway even if they'd not been going for subtlety (however subtle a bunch of robot vampires meeting together for drinks they can barely taste is, anyway). Because some assholes have trashed the Kraai, and Neron still has his people working overtime to make the place presentable, to order in new stock, and occasionally to leave him alone in there to swear until the air turns blue.

Still, he ghosts - almost literally - into the seat beside Wessex disengaging his invisibility upgrade that he might appear beside her as though someone had been covering him with a sheet this entire time. "Good evening, sister," he almost purrs, glancing around at the establishment and wrinkling his nose. "I feel like I'm cheating on my bar - you'll excuse me for not ordering anything."
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA
i'm sorry to interrupt, it's just i'm constantly on the cusp
of trying to kiss you, i don't know if you feel the same as i do
There’s something she doesn’t quite get used to when it comes to having Wessex’s voice in her head again. However, the topic of it has her inching closer, making the plan to arrive after the impromptu jaunt to moving to the Grounds, only to have Halo back in Morgan’s hands. So she and Chulane have returned, and for now? Now she finds herself heading toward the subpar bar, slinking in after she spies Wessex there and a suddenly visible Neron.

She picks the seat across from Neron and Wessex, her iceberg gaze dancing immediately to Neron. “Sorry about your bar.” She says softly, flashing a small smile (innocently, of course), before her attention flickers to Wessex and her mind grows with the topic at hand. “I’m not sure how I can help keep Halo neutral but I suppose I can try.” Slender shoulders rise and fall in a shrug as she leans back in her chair, waiting for the two of them to make a plan. She always was, after all, more of a bruiser than a planner.
but we could be together, if you wanted to
do i wanna know if this feeling flows both ways?
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Turning a mildly surprised face towards Neron, she sighs in commiseration. “You’re not missing anything.” That is to say, it’s not great. But she takes another swallow anyway, to at least look the part of casually drinking friends.

Anyway, right to it as Kiada brings up the topic at hand. Running her teeth over her bottom lip, Wessex lowers her voice. “Morgan refused any obvious help, naturally, but I’m afraid her honor will get the best of her again" And Wessex is not above playing the game a little less than honorably. "So what can we do? Can any of our siblings who could be convinced to live here? Something to more easily communicate between Halo and the Grounds?” Looking between the Hailstorm and Kiada, Wessex sets down her tumbler and opens her hands to the two of them. “What would make you feel more secure?”
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Neron can only grumble a little at Kiada's remarks, settling in his seat and keeping his steely eyes on the bar and its goings on; for all intents and purposes he looks like he's judging the fuck out of the place while they chat. In reality, of course, his ears and eyes are open for anyone eavesdropping, that he might subtly encourage them to fuck off before they hear something they shouldn't.

"Morgan is honourable, but she isn't stupid," he murmurs of the woman he's entangled himself with. "If she refused any obvious help, then that opens the door for precisely something like this, no?" A brief and fanged smile is flashed towards his siblings. "The key to ensuring that we are safe here is to be here," he agrees. "If any more of us can be convinced to move across to Halo, that would be encouraging. It would also open the door to building a shrine within the Citadel walls."

Finally, he gives his attention fully to their little trio. "That is probably what we need more than anything. As it stands, it's still almost impossible to visit the Voice during Deepfrost. Our only means of reaching her is within the Fangs. So it would be good, to get a shrine here."
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
Her gaze darts between Wessex and Neron, head cocked and calculating as she fiddles with the hem of her shirt under the bar, a small attempt at fidgeting while she thinks. A habit she’d picked up since she’d come back to life. “I think Neron’s right.” She offers quietly, letting her gaze flicker back to Wessex. “We just need more of us. A shrine within the walls certainly helps, though, I’m tired of walking all the way to the Fangs.” A chime of a laugh leaves her. Because while they didn’t tire it was still exhausting, even if she had her speed upgrade.

Are there any other incentives we can think of to try and get more Ascended to move here?” She asks curiously, her iceberg gaze flitting back to Neron from Wessex – after all, he had been the previous Warden, he was currently with the current Warden. He’d know the people better than she would, despite her living there. She’d had a hiatus during her death, too, after all.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
So they’re in agreement, then, despite what Morgan says. Padding the numbers will have to do.

“What about Edy?” Wessex asks Neron suddenly, turning to the other Launceleyn. “Would life be that much different for her if she moved here? She’d still have access to the sex room, just have to go a little further for it.” Pursing her lips ever so slightly, Wessex runs through the current Grounds roster. “We have some very new siblings… Ophelia and Cameron. Not sure how attached either of them are to the Grounds, but they seem willing to help in various ways and might be willing to move if asked.”

She doesn’t really know if that’s the case or not, but of everyone there, the two of them seem like they might be particularly amenable. Nikolai had his mom, Azrael would want to stay with Bastien and she needs Varus. So maybe one out of three would be a good goal.

“I’m happy to help build a shrine in the city. Should be easy enough, just need to go to the Voice to find out what she needs.” Neron would know what to do, but she addresses that to both of them, as if they’re a team now and could delegate between themselves.

“What about Mageglass? For Morgan. Or you,” this time, directed at Neron. Though there’s a look through to Kiada, as if to silently ask, any chance you want to use magic too?
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
At least they all seem to have the same ideas, Neron busy wiping a finger along the table (and looking haughtily unimpressed, of course) when Wessex speaks again. "Hm? Oh, Edrei hates Halo," he says offhandedly, resisting the urge to roll his eyes at the audacity of his cousin. "Perhaps a couple of the new members of our family might be interested in coming along, though. Would you like Kiada or I to come to the Grounds as advertisement?" It's only half a joke, the Hailstorm raising a brow at Wessex.

On the subject of shrines and Mageglass, he exchanges a glance at Kiada and offers a lopsided smile. "We could go to the shrine together to ask her," he suggests. "And I imagine Morgan would be happy to go mageglass hunting again. It's not something that we've done since I was Warden." And it would be useful for either or both of them, it's true.
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
The suggestion from Neron has Kiada angling her head toward him with a playful grin. “Maybe. I used to be from the Grounds after arriving and when my mother was there, all I heard were good things about you, so.” Her gaze drifts toward Wessex with a raise of her brow. “Perhaps that’s advertisement enough?” She doesn’t know, though, doesn’t know how many people have remained in the Grounds that once knew her mother and of the interaction between the Queens of the Grounds and Neron when he was Warden.

Shrines though, she meets Neron’s glance briefly before nodding in agreement. “I went mageglass hunting with Loren and Peter once.” She says idly. “Peter and Adam both came back when we were revived. Perhaps they might be willing to help us search and work on a shrine here too?” Even though they’d died here. Kiada’d died in the Climb and still had ventured out in the name of survival.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
“A personal visit might be the best option,” she says with a knowing grin. They’d probably be excellent ambassadors, far better than any of Wessex’s suggestions to explore. “I don’t think our newer siblings know either of you very well. At the very least, it might be nice to show them that Halo is more than ice and snow. And I can always teleport you back.” If they accidentally overstay, or something like that. Just call her the Ascended Express, because Wessex is all about giving rides lately.

Nodding thoughtfully about Peter and Adam, she agrees with Kiada. “I think it would be nice to include them in things. I worry about them sometimes. And Neron knows the kind of puzzles we encountered on our mageglass hunt, so between all of you -” they probably have it covered. Taking a long pull to finish the whiskey, Wessex puts the glass down and definitely doesn’t go to order another.

“Right. Any other concerns or problems or things we should be aware about. Have you heard anything about potential relics in Halo?”
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron gives Kiada a charming smile for her trouble, and he nods at the mention of Peter and Adam. "Then it's a plan," he murmurs. "Kiada and I can take a trip to the Grounds - though it might need to wait until after Deepfrost, with how close it is. Maybe we can try and schedule a visit for Flowerbirth? In the meantime we can go to the shrine and arrange to hunt some mageglass. Do you think it would be worth sending a letter to Adam and Peter?"

Bouncing his eyebrows to see that Wessex hasn't bothered to order a second drink, the expression is a clear see? should have gone to my place, even if it's a wreck. Luckily, she distracts him with talk of relics. "Nothing specific," he says, "though a lot of people have been talking about things shifting under the ice around the Sea of Glass. And a lot of Safrin's crew have been poking around there. The Huntsman and his daughter."
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
Mm, an ex-Warden and a risen from the dead Attuned.” Kiada begins to drawl, a soft laugh breaking up her words. “We make quite the advertisement, don’t we?” A brighter grin is shot Neron’s way as her laugh softens. Her smile remains even if it dampens a bit when Neron begins to make the plans, nodding along with agreement. “Arrive in Flowerbirth alongside the rest of the Fiat Lux plans, perhaps? Make it a big one in the Grounds like a family bonding exercise.” She still isn’t used to saying it, the term feeling strange on her tongue.

But for one of the first times she feels like she doesn’t have to hide her Ascended-ness, her choices she’s made. So she nods in agreement. “I can send a letter.” It would be easy, anyway.

Her brows pinch a fraction as she tries to think up any concerns she has, before a thought glimmers across her mind. “I’d be willing to go.” A considering thought dances along her mind. “I much prefer water anyway.” It’s idly said as she scratches at a speck in the table, knowing the rest of her group would understand why. Even not being Ascended, dying by a river of lava was not on her agenda again.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
“Of diversity and tolerance?” The Wraith replies brightly,Absolutely.

And as the two of them discuss what’s to be done in Halo, Wessex can only sit back and let them take the reins with a small smile. She believes in them, believes in their ability to get shit done, and that Halo will be all the better for it. “Flowerbirth it is, then. Though you’ll probably see me at some point in Deepfrost, because - well, because. She doesn’t need a reason - but if they need her for anything, she’ll be back.

“Ronin’s presence probably isn’t a good sign. I wonder if Eirachi would be willing to crack the ice for us. Or tell us what’s beneath it…” more thinking aloud than anything, she mentally jots it down and adds it to the bottom of her to-do list. “She owes me a favor… I wonder if she’d be willing to trade for it.” Too much to do and not enough time, she just shrugs and looks at her siblings.

“Ready to go? This place sucks. Sorry to drag you here.” Mostly.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Nodding to Kiada and preliminarily setting their plans in stone, Neron doesn't need to be told twice before rising to his feet away from the gnarly old bar. "You don't need a reason to come and visit us Wessex," he croons to the Wraith with a smirk, tucking his chair back beneath the table and giving the place evils one last time for good measure.

"If the Eirachi owes you something, that might be a good way in," he agrees. "Got nothing against Ronin and his grew, but after the shit Deimos pulled in Safrin's name, it would give me great pleasure to snatch something out from beneath their noses," he admits.

As for the bar? Neron was ready to go before he'd even sat down, and he gives her a firm nod before leading the way to the door. All in a day's work for them.
Neron