[se] progress will be progress, however slow
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Heave the silver hollow sliver
After meetings, after thoughts, after extensions of necessities, there were other multitudes to consider, factions to fathom. A stretch of limbs expanded, from wings to paws, until the restlessness no longer coiled so heavily in his soul, so that it felt like action instead of consequences, something he could sink concoct and conduct, rather than sink into.

He wasn’t surprised by the fellow hunter’s silence throughout the dominion of movement and motion. There were multitudes to mull over, and Deimos often committed to his machinations in the hushed quiet too. For now though, touching down and shifting back into human form, and reaching into his bag to snag at what had been gathered for the shrine, he lifted his head back towards Noah. Do you have other business in Torchline? By way of presumption – nearing its borders, the jungles eventually ceasing to sand. While the Sword would still respect the banishment placed upon him, Noah didn’t have such tethers attached to his namesake.

Nearing the shrine, a humble sort of thing, his eyes traveled and traversed their way up its roots, its sanction, tangled and nestled in the wake of the earth, and then he bowed his head. A silent thank you, a gesture of gratitude for all of Frey’s endeavors in Halo, before placing the fruit along the surface, tucking it in between branches, brambles, and thorns.

And then noting, by way of a familiar grumbling and hissing, that they had company. “Gourds,” he announced with a heavy sigh, as if it was just one more thing on a long list of irritants, as the pumpkins began to show themselves at the bottom of the altar.
Unite and spread the heart apart
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH
I wait and tell myself "life ain't chess,"
He had been silent as they traveled. He moved back and forth between shifts and his human form, saving and conserving energy as needed. Eira flew in sight of Deimos, and sent images of the eagle down to bondmate to keep them all together. Deimos touched down and placed his offering, and Noah followed. He placed his offering for his patron, sending up a prayer of strength as he did so.

The question, though, was a difficult one to answer. Yes, I do. I--I am afraid that Korbin has been killed in Torchline. The letter I received after our meeting was from Maeve. Noah had sent the man there to see if anyone from Halo had made their way away from the Citadel to find solace away from the grasp of Morgan. His face, having hardened and frozen deeper and deeper to resemble the deep, icy cracks of the Sea of Glass, turned sad as he looked up at the warlord.

The sound was familiar as Deimos alerted him to the vampire gourds. The hunter grit his teeth and snarled, ready to unleash the rage and grief he felt on the creatures.

But no one comes in and yes, you're alone...
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
For a moment, in between those grieving, marring wounds suddenly thrown in his direction, the gourds were entirely ignored. It took a few instances for the information to sink down into his chest, and then rally through on another sigh. It was mostly for Noah’s benefit; he hadn’t known Korbin well, but the raven had seem inclined to assist in getting everyone to safety, in being there for the hunter, in striving to rally something other than the poor shell of what Halo was now. The loss of another ally made him wonder, ponder too, just what had occurred, the hows and whys, and if there were other measures afoot. "I am sorry for your loss." A pause, because the machinations never really ceased, even in the middle of another trial. "Do you know how it happened?"

Thereafter, the Sword stepped around the trunk of the tree, leaving Noah to tend to his rage in the gourds’ depictions – and Deimos hunted down the ones intertwined within roots. Mastered Air sent them flying; voracious gusts of wind billowing and blowing until the vicious, persistent vines couldn’t hold onto any nettled sanctions. It was somewhat satisfying, in a cold, stark way, to watch them pummel and fall apart while hitting other trees.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH
"Maeve did not say, but I intend to find out." While the hunter had never known someone so close to him to be murdered by the hands of another, the way he felt about creatures of the tundra killing those he cared about frightened him. He could bring an ursur down in seconds, aim to kill wolves without a breath -- he had even killed a man that threatened to bring harm to Korbin. What would be do if he got his hands on the person who actually had?

He wasn't sure. Thus, he channeled all of how he felt in his assault on the gourds. He shifted down to take the prowess of his lynx skin. In tandem with Eira, the pair set their aim on a trio of gourds bumbling their way. Together they pounced and slashed, bit and stomped, ripping apart the terrorists of the season.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Too much into the unknown then; an irritating fixture they seemed to be muddling through and within far more as of late. This was just another nettle and thorn in the side of all their efforts – frustrating, vexing, peeling apart at layers and lacquer they’d always believed so secure. It only made him far more steadfast and stalwart, committed and dedicated, to the cause they’d be piercing themselves upon. “Let me know if you need anything.” Deimos wouldn’t be advancing into Torchline on these filaments, and this was likely Noah’s to solve and traipse through, but the beast could always proffer weapons, bombardments, tools for the siege if vengeance aimed to be a highlight.

For now though, it was desecrating gourds. His gaze swept over to the lynx and his companion, snorting lightly at they slashed, ripped, tore their way along undergrowth, ferns, and pumpkins. He gave no way to Attuned assaults, but continued to give way in Air armaments. A few more were swept cleanly, precisely, beneath the shrine’s expanse, lifted along to brush at canopies, at boughs, at leaves, listening to them wail and holler. Then he’d let them drop, sink, plunge, and plummet, splitting open on the forest floor with aplomb and relish.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH
Noah regarded Deimos' offer with a mental nod, a thankful wave pulsing towards the hybrid. He was thankful for Deimos -- everything that Noah had been losing, and Deimos was the steadiness at his side that he needed. He believed their relationship would continue to strengthen, and their loyalties tie tightly together for many season to come. Noah, once loyal, once brought to trust, took quite a lot to rid of. Even Morgan had to turn against her own people for him to break his ties to her.

As the lynx and griffon destroyed their own gourds, the sound of those that the warlord sent flying made Eira's mood lighten with humor and delight. She softened Noah, pressing up against his mental walls and fortresses, tending carefully to his heart. She was a blessing to him, a softness to his soul he did not know he needed. Even though she could fight at his side with a ferocity that put many predators to shame, she had a kindness to her that Noah's soul needed. Frey knew.

As the hunter swatted scattered, broken pieces of gourd flesh and hide from his wake, a larger pumpkin rustled the undergrowth to his left.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
It had always been an inherent gesture – to provide and preside for those he considered friends, family, brethren, and comrades. The Sentinel certainly fit in there somewhere, especially after the latest round of power influxes, motions, and betrayals; they’d been solidified on their front, even while the mountains’ leadership had not. There would be better days – somehow, someway, but these were the unsettled hours. And likely more to come. So he nodded at the pulse of gratitude, and continued in his platitudes.

A few more were collected in his mastered incantations – the wake and vestiges of air wildly combatting anything the pumpkins had to offer. They could hiss and foam and snarl all they wanted, but from the lofty height, it was only a matter of time before they were pulverized at the bottom of their sudden descent.

One piece went off-kilter, and he watched in a very coldblooded amusement, one brow arched, as it sailed into the undergrowth – heading straight for whatever rustled by Noah’s left.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH
The rustling caught Noah's attention, but Eira kept moving forward on her path of gourd destruction. She had little trouble with destroying the creatures, especially with the venom that laced her claws and etched into the gourds' tough rind. Once struck with the venom, she was easily able to tear apart the gourds with her claws and brute strength. For a creature of her size, she was impressive for pound for pound action.

The hunter turned, shifting up from his lynx form to take on his original body once more. He narrowed glacier eyes to peek into the darkness of the undergrowth -- but not any sooner that he did came another assault. The gourd fragment that Deimos' actions had sent this way came flying back out at Noah, hitting him square in the chest. His eyebrows knit together before he suddenly had to duck, a sharp breath escaping his lips as he did. Vines swarmed and writhed up, some of them curled around hissing vampire gourds, and others launching them towards the vagabonds.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Having tossed, thrown, and decimated a large array of the gourds angling around the shrine, the Sword turned his attention towards whatever was looming near Noah. A far more massive beast of similar vermin, and he muffled a laugh as it seemed eager to launch its own brethren.

He ducked from two cretins aimed towards his head, snorting lightly as they too hit trunks or ferns. Straightening back up, he summoned his Air incantations once more, shaking his head, intending to lift the annoying individual, much like its former comrades, out of the underbrush. Perhaps then it wouldn’t be able to encounter and utilize its infidel friends, and they’d be able to see just how substantial or immense the bulky thing truly was. “I say we use this one for food,” he mentioned, permitting the hint of a smile.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH
Unable to fight against anything that the warlord could muster in raw elemental power, the large gourd lifted into the air. Noah turned his shoulders to face Deimos and nodded. "Just don't each any of the ones that Eira destroyed." He warned the hybrid, and the griffin trilled and chirped, clacking her beak in agreement. While Noah was confident that Zuriel could heal them from any toxins ingested that Eira produced, it would be a hassle nonetheless.

Noah took a few steps back until he was standing shoulder to shoulder with Deimos, waiting for him to bring the gourd back down to the ground and let its own weight and the force of gravity bring it to the end of its life. "If you make a fire, we can roast it." Noah's voice was flat each time he spoke, with his mind focused on getting to Torchline. "I'll leave after we eat and rest up for a while."

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Deimos, while conjuring the massive pumpkin upwards, wrinkled his nose at Noah’s implication. He had no intention of ingesting any toxins today, even if he’d once sought out assistance in making a similar ilk, which seemed like lifetimes ago. “Just this one then,” and he snorted for want of any other reaction – permitting it to lift upwards, higher and higher and higher, scraping its way along towards the canopy with vicious outcries. Vines grappled for purchase, but there was naught but air. Its brethren couldn’t help it.

Eventually, it too fell from greater heights, splitting open just as its comrades had, smashing into the ground with a volatile explosion. Not bothered by the pulp suddenly clinging to his boots, pant legs, and even some on his beard, the Sword motioned forward, nodding at the direction – elemental fixtures implemented one after the other. Fire conducted, he’d need only the pieces to roast – seeds included. “Let me cook up a few, and you can be on your way.” The Sentinel had far more pressing issues and dilemmas ahead.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH
As Deimos worked away on the fire, Noah gathered a few armfuls of the dead vampire gourd. Eira carried some over in her beak, dropping them at Deimos side. She wanted to feel helpful, to be of assistance. It was the reason she attacked the gourds with such ferocity -- she felt it would be helpful to Noah. After enough of the flesh and meat of the gourd had been gathered, the hunter and his companion settled near the fire as Deimos cooked.

"I won't be gone long. I am going to meet Cordelia and send her back to you with fish. Then I will go and see Maeve...and find out what happened to Korbin." He relayed his plan to Deimos as best as he could because I cannot even with timelines right now, but his mind was swimming again with the thoughts of what had happened and what needed to happen.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Thank you extended its way to the griffin as she brought over the portions and pieces of gourd. While Noah spoke, Deimos separated the seeds from the pulp, positioning the remains of rinds and proportions over the fire, listening to them all crackle and roast as he measured temperatures out adequately. It was easier to grapple with than the subject matter, than the volley of more losses again and again, leading him to wonder just how many more times, with how many more of their own, they’d have to face before this was all over.

But he nodded in accord and agreement. “We can freeze and store them.” Just as they’d done in Halo; with winter pressing in on them. His eyes narrowed for a fraction, pondering over the next round of dilemmas and debacles. “When you return, we can start building some shelters.” Roosting all evening in a tree, with Belial as lookout, had been fine up until this point, but still not restful. And with Deepfrost coming, it wouldn't be quite as adequate.

Once the seeds had been roasted, he passed those over to both griffin and Sentinel, and worked on parsing out the pumpkin as well.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH
Noah settled down near the fire as the warlord worked, roasting their food and handing him portions of it. Noah ate, the dread of what he had to do starting to fall over him like a dark veil. As Deimos spoke, though, he nodded. "That will work well. We will want to have a safe place to be during Longnight. I've never been anywhere except Halo in Deepfrost, and I don't know how the rest of the world is." He took a bite of some of the pumpkin meat.

After several moments where all that could be heard was the crackled of the fire and of the men eating, Noah swallowed and spoke again. "If anything goes wrong, I will send word from Torchline. Otherwise, expect me back in a few days." He looked to Eira, patting her head. "I am going to leave her here with you. She'll be useful." Noah sighed, then, wiping his hands on his pants. "I am afraid I am failing my friend, without being able to honor his death like all other Halovians." He admitted, lifting his glacier eyes to the warlord -- full of hesitation.