when regrets were nowhere to be found
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood

With Remi’s help, Sunjata manages to arrive at the houseboat – or at least, the surrounding area. He can’t quite give himself away so quickly after all. He’s shifted back into himself, steel gaze lifting to the windows of the house boat to see if he might be able to see where Ronin is, if only to avoid him until he reaches the door of the home.

It’s a surprise. He needs to be stealthy. And stealthy he is, taking to the skies in one of his smallest forms, the bat that flutters from tree branch to tree branch, gliding over the water until he reaches the porch where he lands without so much as a thud, before he doesn’t even knock.

No, the Flood simply leans against one of the porch beams, arms crossed and ever the face of living quite casually, before he sends out anything. Are the rumors true? Is there a Fallen Star here? He pauses, the attuned bond growing quite cheeky and amused before he continues on. No wait, was it the Dark Star? Another pause before he pretends to feel like a lightbulb has gone off in his mind.

No, no, no, I got it. Huntsman, right? Right?
i can tell just what you want // you don't want to be alone
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the measure of a man is what he does with power
Ronin and Sugar have been napping training hard at being still and quiet when Sunjata comes peeking in through the windows. The pale reptile is the first one to stir, too, as he goes fluttering and poking about, and by the time he's sending messages to Ronin via the Attuned bond, she's at one of the houseboat windows, breathing icy air all over them and clouding it the fuck up so she can't see anyway.

And at the sound of the Flood's voice, there's a great deal of banging about as Ronin scrambles to the door. And when he does pull it open to rush out onto the porch, it's easy to judge who looks more put together (it's Sunjata). With his dark hair rumpled from sleep and his shirt unbuttoned, it's a very sleepy Huntsman who wordlessly pads out to hug his friend. "One day you'll be cool enough for people to give you different titles," he tells him with a grin. "Are you visiting just for little ol' me?"
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood

The amount of banging through the house absolutely makes a grin spread across his face, biding his time until his best friend is pushing through the door. He moves easily to embrace Ronin back, a tight hug, before he’s withdrawing with an amused grin. “I’m not sure I will ever be cool enough to have multiple titles.” It’s said playfully with an air of wistfulness, before he shakes his head.

Ah, well, I wasn’t initially planning on it until I followed a herd of deer and ended up here. Remi found me and I figured since I was already here I should stop by.” He chuckles, making a motion with his arms spread out. “So here I am.” He can’t keep the grin from his face, but he does manage to glance around the houseboat a bit. “How is it here? Doing better than when I last saw you?” He playfully nudges Ronin’s side, before his gaze lands back on the Huntsman.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Mm, I agree. But it's alright - I will be cool enough for the both of us," Ronin reassures Sunjata with a gentle pat to the back. He hugs him tightly in return for a few moments before stepping back, passing a hand through his unruly hair and absently buttoning his shirt, even if one of them is done up wrong by the time he's finished. "Come on, I'll make some coffee," he suggests through a yawn, beckoning the other man into the houseboat.

It's a cozy and rustic little affair within; there are still some finishing touches to be made, but all the structural work is done, and as Ronin flaps a hand for Jata to take a seat at the table, Sugar peels herself from the window to say her own hellos. She's pretty much wrapped herself around Sunjata's head, in fact, when Ronin comes to join his friend (and the Huntsman does fuck all about it, obviously).

"Oh I see. I'm second to a herd of deer, I see how it is," he says with a playful huff, settling back in his seat. "I don't know if I have ever been better, Jata," he confesses with a dozy little smile. "How are you?"
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood

The reassurance is met with a resounding chuckle, but Sunjata follows Ronin into the houseboat anyway, certainly taking a glance around to see how different and homey it was compared to how they’d made their home in Torchline. There are some similarities, but something about it seems to scream more… Ronin and Remi than anything he’d ever seen before. There’s a thought in the back of his mind that almost seems to wonder if the twins are here somewhere, but Sunjata swallows that down just as quickly as it arrives.

Not wanting to find out, not wanting to see them, etc, etc.

Sugar is met with a bright grin and a quiet coo, hands lifting to run along her scales in greeting as she wraps herself around his head, leaving at least one eye uncovered for Sunjata to squint at Ronin, despite making no attempts to try and readjust the dragon. “Who said anything about second? Aren’t you a deer too?” It’s muffled due to Sugar, yet, it still gets his point across. And he finally deigns to readjust the dragon as his nyala horns sprout from his head, his hands trying to get Sugar to climb up and perch in the spiraled horns that curl around his head instead of being completely covering his face.

That’s great to hear, Ronin. I’m happy for you.” There’s a pulse of all the relief for his friend and happiness he has shot over the Attuned bond as he settles back in the chair. “I’m good too, actually. Nate and I are building our house now in King’s End. I’ve spent a majority of my time packing and fucking with the gourds with teeth.” A grin spreads further. “Has the Greatwood had an influx of those bastards?
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Sunjata is right to swallow down any thought about the twins, because Ronin doesn't want to see them either, and he'd probably not be able to keep control of himself if he did find himself face to face with them. For his part, the Huntsman opens his mouth to argue before promptly changing his mind, realising that Sunjata is absolutely right. "Touche," he mumbles, smirking to see the horns that twist up from his friend's forehead, giving Sugar an appropriate place to perch.

And perch she does, chirping her thanks to the Flood and settling quite happily on top of the world (as far as she's concerned, anyway). "Thanks," Ronin murmurs softly, offering a warm smile to the other man and only rising up from his seat when the kettle whistles. "King's End? That's a pretty good place to hole up," he says as he prepares the coffee, sounding impressed. "And you know, I haven't seen many at all here in the Greatwood. Perhaps the woods are keeping them away," he says with a chuckle, returning with two mugs that he sets down at the table.

"How's Nate coping with the move?" he asks. "You'll have to let me know when your house is all done so I can send you dramatic love notes."
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood

The touché is met with a knowing grin, a tip of his head (as much as he can tip his head with Sugar settling between his horns). Once she’s settled, though, perched along the horns and surveying the world from this vantage point, Sunjata’s gaze lingers on Ronin and then his back as he goes to grab the kettle. “It seemed a nice enough place. Far enough away but close enough for the both of us to get wherever we needed.” Close enough to the Grounds for Nate, close enough to the Greatwood for Sunjata should he ever be called upon.

Aside from that, though, humming a laugh at the mention of the gourds not quite making it here. “Lucky you.” He drawls, taking the cup of tea with a nod of thanks, blowing on the top of it to cool it off. “Nate’s enjoying it, actually. Out of the two of us, he needs the break and time away the most I think.” Nate was the one slipping off the edge the most while Sunjata could at least try to keep a handle on it. But that’s what he cared about most, making sure his husband would be alright.

I hope the love notes come with recipes still. I haven’t gone through all the ones you’ve sent me yet.” A wider grin is shot Ronin’s way, tugging at the scar to his cheek. “I’m excited though. Not excited about the snow that will be coming, but excited nonetheless.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Mm," Ronin agrees of King's End over the rim of his mug, the Huntsman taking a long sip and closing his eyes to savour the warmth as it slowly begins to wake him up. "Maybe you two will have to get yourselves a houseboat as well. You could sail up the Stonesong towards the Greatwood, or circle around to Torchline." He waggles his eyebrows at his friend.

Humming a sound that's as close to oh? as possible with a mouthful of coffee, Ronin sets his mug down and ruffles a hand back through his bed hair. "I didn't realise he was so stressed." He really hadn't - but then most of his interactions are with Sunjata, given that the Flood is his best friend.

Which is probably why the grin he shoots back at Sunjata is fairly identical, and he lifts the coffee again in a cheers. "You bet - but you'll have to start cooking the recipes when you visit so we can judge if they work or not. And I'm actually looking forward to Deepfrost this year. Sooner this season is over the better." He's had quite enough of being fucking crazy, thank you.
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood

Hmm.” Sunjata comments, carefully lifting the tea to his lips and shifting his head just enough to not bother Sugar nestled into his horns, before he snorts. “I’m not sure if I really feel like a houseboat kind of guy.” He considers, a crooked smile forming on his face. “I think… We’re planning on a cabin.” Something glitters in his gaze as he meets Ronin’s, a hidden reminder of when Ronin had stepped into his dreams, had helped him craft the cabin of his salvation.

Perhaps he could still find it here.

As for Nate, though, there’s a snort that leaves him, a nod as he leans forward to set the mug back onto the table, folding his arms under him. “He’s phenomenal at hiding it. He’s crafted that mask perfectly.” And only so many of them could see the cracks. “I’m almost jealous.” Huffing a laugh, he finds the grin Ronin returns to match his own.

The idea of cooking the recipes though has that grin shifting into a grimace, a shiver running down his spine that hopefully doesn’t bother Sugar too much. “Me?” He croaks out, unable to keep the laugh from leaving him. “You know, when Nate and Hotaru left me it took me nearly a month to figure out how to cook a basic set of pancakes for Ria and I. I’m afraid if you’re looking for a cook you’re talking to the worst guy.” But his words do have him curious and he can’t help himself from asking. “What are you hoping for in Deepfrost?
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"You never know until you try," Ronin counters regarding the houseboat, all the while trying (and failing) to hide the smile spreading across his face as he watches Sugar. The dragonling is doing her best to crane down and surreptitiously slurp from Sunjata's tea every time he brings it to his lips. She hasn't succeeded yet, but it's only a matter of time. "A cabin, though? ...Mm, yes. I think that's probably more your style, actually." Ronin does remember, but he's not quite so blundering as to bring up painful memories.

He wrinkles his nose regardless, though, to hear about Nate's social mask. "Don't be jealous of it," he recommends. "Hopefully he can let it drop for good now that you're in King's End." He doesn't wish living a lie on anyone - Ronin has been in those shoes, and he's never been happier to let it all drop away.

"You," he confirms, bouncing his eyebrows at Sunjata. "You can come over here and I'll teach you, if it comes to it. And to be honest, I just want peace and quiet in Deepfrost. Maybe helping you to cook will be part of that, mm?"
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood

Oh he suddenly notices Sugar’s attempts at sipping some of the tea and the next time the Flood brings it to his lips, he lifts it a little higher for the dragonling to have a sip. And after, he’s flashing a crooked grin Ronin’s way at the mention of a cabin in the woods, a home for himself and his family, the only thing he thinks he’s ever truly wanted.

Hey, I said I’m almost jealous.” A brow lifts in amusement before he shakes his head, only a little of course given his hitchhiker. “I hope he can, though. He deserves it.” After everything, they both deserved time to simply calm down and chill out and live the life they wanted to before they can’t anymore.

And he’s glad that the conversation shifts to something more fun to talk about, that leaves behind the sorrows of what’s to come. The offer from Ronin is met with bright steel, a crooked and almost mischievous grin spreading across his face. “Think we could work up something that I could surprise Nate and Ria with?” Nate, not for the eating, of course, nor the taste, but simply just the fact he’d managed to cook something nice for his family, not learned from his husband, to let it be a surprise of the ages that he’d managed to cook something palatable. “Though it is Deepfrost and I’ll warn you that my sweet tooth grows exponentially in that season.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
With a trill of gratitude, Sugar indeed takes a slurp of Sunjata's tea, and the Flood will find himself showered in the little droplets that escape her maw as she licks at her chops. Well, it's his fault for offering. (It isn't - it's smart, before she resorts to stealing it regardless). Ronin in the meantime can only grin at this, gently tipping a little of his coffee into a saucer which he sets on the table for Sugar to swoop down and enjoy.

"You both do," the Huntsman murmurs around his own drink. "Lean into it, Sunjata. You never know when things are going to go to shit again, so for as long as you've got this peace, make it count." Perhaps a bit stern given the friendly meeting they're supposed to be having, but gods if Ronin doesn't mean it.

Just like he means the offer to help Jata learn to cook something. "Absolutely we can," he says with a wink. "What makes your sweet tooth go crazy? Either way, I reckon we could come up with a cake, or even some honey baked meat if you want to cook a full meal for them," he suggests.
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood

Ronin sets the saucer down and his hitchhiker leaves to swoop down for it, leaving Sunjata a moment to roll his shoulders and his neck to get used to the weight again of there being nothing but his typical horns there which he draws back into himself as well. His gaze lifts as he takes another sip of the tea to listen to Ronin’s words of wisdom, which are things that Sunjata’s been feeling for a while but never quite wanting to admit out loud.

The grin grows wider as Ronin mentions they can make something sweet in secret. The grin that’s there only grows a bit brighter, hungrier. “Cakes and tarts and cookies.” He smirks, before it falls into a huff of a laugh. “I’m shit at cooking both, though. Shit at cooking at all actually.” His brows pinch together a second before he’s shaking his head, snorting. “Wonder if they make any peppermint extract from the bark.” He considers for a second, head cocking slightly.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Cakes and tarts and cookies? We're pushing the boat out now, Jata, for someone who just confessed they can't cook." Ronin might be poking fun, but there's still a sunny smile on his face. And honestly, the thought of taking time out of war and helping Remi with the Greatwood to make a cake with his best friend sounds like perfection. "Want to know a secret? Cooking and baking are different. So maybe you aren't very good at cooking, but you could be a master baker." He bobs his eyebrows obviously, as if to prompt Sunjata to catch his innuendo.

Sugar snorts a wisp of icy cold air at him for his trouble, and Ronin pokes his tongue out at her. "Who's they?" he asks, of the they who might make peppermint extract. "If you want to try and make some yourself, I know a good spot." The luxere in Ronin has a penchant for the stuff, so he's been chewing it more often than not throughout Leafchange.
RONIN