bonfire heart
for Milo!
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
When the daylight ends I'm gonna hold you close and breathe you in, baby let the sunset blind our eyes 'cause I don't wanna see you say goodbye. we should keep this moment stuck on ice, Frozen in our memories
Her head lifts to accept the warmth granted by the sun, her eyes close in contentment, and she pulls in a huge breath of salty air. It's accompanied by all sorts of smells and tastes, the likes of which she's never known so well before having a shift like this. Her eyes glimmer when she opens them again.

But she can't stop and smell the ocean breeze, not now. There's someone she wants to see, needs to see. There's no buildup before she springs into motion at the re-realization that he's back. Her limbs pummel the sand as she goes, and she practically flies across the ground.

She smells him first. Her nostrils flare with the realization, and she comes skidding to a halt. She finds that following scent trails is not as easy as it seems. It's not so much a path as it is a cloud, but it doesn't take her long to figure it out. Several people have to leap out of her way as she barrels onto the port. Well, they have to move out of her way or get trampled in her wake. There are options, of course. Her paws smack and thud against the wood, no aim made to go unnoticed in her approach. If that's not enough of a give-away, people are shouting "Tiger!" in alarm as well.

She's trying to find him with her eyes now, and when she does... well, nothing could probably have prepared him for this. She wants to shout his name but, her voice comes out as a drawn out, deep-chested mrrrow!

Her attention is solely on the redhead, not a care for what he's currently doing. She heads right for him, more loud growls and overjoyed chuffs voiced in attempts to communicate her happiness at seeing him again. Milo! Look! Look at me! I'm a fuckin' tiger!

Of course, all it sounds like is growls and snarls.

Any adverse reactions he might have at her approach are blissfully ignored as she immediately jumps to leap into his arms. As a... 500-something pound, giant, growling cat - the likes of which he would have no way of knowing is her. Yes. This should be juuuust fine!
Aurelia
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MILO

Milo’s on the docks, spending a majority of his time continuing his half job at working with the nets. He’s closer to the Ark now, though, half torn between spending more time in her confines than he is usually with the kids down the Port’s alleys. So he doesn’t miss the call of a tiger, though he waves it off – imagining someone would corral the creature back toward the jungle where it belonged.

Only, he thinks wrong, because of course he does. This isn’t a wild tiger – it’s an attuned – and he doesn’t know this, let alone know who it is as it comes screaming down the boards, eyes only for him as he tries to scramble and stand, debating on hopping into the water to avoid getting the brunt of this tiger’s attack.

He fails in that, the rope slipping around his legs as he forces himself to stand, twisting him all up in it that when the tiger barrel’s into him, it’s with a loud shriek of a scream as well as the fall of his balance because there’s certainly no way to catch a multi hundred pound cat when he’s simply just a smuggler, and down he goes onto the wood with a clack, hands rising to try and push the tiger off with a lot of “holy shit”'s and “what the fuckin’ fuck”’s thrown Aurelia’s way.
there's something tragic, but almost pure
think i could love you, but i'm not sure
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
these nightmares all bend
silver linings are all i need
She's blissfully unaware of the fact he's freaking out. At least, at first. But as moments tick by and he doesn't appear to be very happy to see her, Aurelia pulls back her head and tilts it to one side. Of course, before she can try to convince him that it's really actually just her, she feels a stroke of mischief at the idea that... well, maybe she could let him think she's going to eat him for a little bit longer.

Her elongated snout leans in to rub against the sides of his head, licking one ear, then the other, practically inhaling his hair. God, she'd never smelled him so strongly before. It's intoxicating in the most fantastic way. Maybe she doesn't need to pretend to eat him, maybe she could just... take one little bite...

Giant jaws spread apart to engulf his face between powerful teeth, at which point she hears a kid shouting frantically, "It's gonna eat 'im! It's gonna eat 'im!" Blinking as if coming out of a haze, she quickly releases him from her Jaws of Death and moves to meet his eyes with her own, which are the same exact shade as when she is in her natural form.

Then, she shifts back into herself, still on all fours leaning over him on the ground. There's a wave of talking amongst the crowd as they all realize it was just an Attuned. If some of them recognize her as the queen and murmur about it, she doesn't seem to care much. Not as she gazes down at Milo with a shit-eating grin. "It's just me, hun, it's okay! It was a joke! I would never eat you!" She's almost-laughing at this point, reaching out to try and grasp his hands.
so please just hold onto me
these demons, they're old to me
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MILO

He tries as hard as he can, the young smuggler’s hands rising to push and push and push at the tiger that hovers above him and crushes him beneath her weight, a fuzzy, furry head of hers that leans in and presses against his face. He thrashes beneath her the best he can, fingers digging into her fur and trying to latch on wherever he can to push her off.

He doesn’t get very far, though, not as her jaws are suddenly covering his face and head and the teeth are sharp as they are strong as he feels the tip press in each side of his face. He curses more, wondering if all the times he’d thought he’d die, that this would be one of them. The little kid screaming on the dock doesn’t seem to help his mood any, either, especially not when suddenly the tighter is light and not a tiger anymore, and instead it’s Aurelia and he doesn’t know what to think.

Truthfully, he loses it a little.

She reaches out to try and grasp his hands and he pulls them away quickly, trying to shuffle out from underneath her, his face flaring red and his bronze gaze narrow with his anger as he shakes his head, lips opening and closing like a fish out of water until he can finally find words to say what he wants to say. “What the fuck?!” He hisses at her, chest rising and falling as he fights for his breath, working his jaw tightly as his hands tuck in against his body just as tightly as the muscles in his jaw would suggest. “What the hell was that ‘bout? Y’just get back ‘n y’try to eat me as a fuckin’ tiger? What the fuck?
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
these nightmares all bend
silver linings are all i need
He tries to wiggle out from her grasp, rather insistently. The flush of his cheeks is indication enough that he's upset, or at least embarrassed, and so she lets him off without much more struggle at this point. The joke's been made, but no one appears to be laughing.

Ah, well, she should've figured it would only be funny to her. Even still, as his voice strains and cracks with his anger, he'll find all laughter dissipating from her features as if it's been zapped out of her. A confused furrow of her brow draws a hard line over her green eyes, and she pulls back but doesn't rise to her feet just yet.

"Well, it's-it's new. I got excited to show you. I thought it would be fun, to surprise you..." she stutters out the explanation, already finding a bad feeling rising in the pit of her stomach. But she swallows down hard and pulls herself back up to her feet, pushing back locks of hair from her face. With less hesitance, she adds apologetically, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you so bad... I just- I missed you.." she offers a smile that's softer and meant to be more comforting, more genuine, as she steps towards him. Her hands reach out again, instinctively, to touch him gently, be it on the hand or the arm.
so please just hold onto me
these demons, they're old to me
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO

Had so much time passed between that the first instinct she has to see him is to try and eat him in one of her shifts rather than to talk about what all had occurred while he was away? After all, she wasn’t the Arbiter anymore. She was a Queen now. And Milo? Milo’s simply still a smuggler, quietly hating and loathing the idea of Queens or Kings in Torchline. It felt almost better than thou, better than Governor, better than everyone even if it wasn’t true.

And this whole ordeal has put him quite off of his mostly level head. “Y’thought to surprise me ‘nstead of talkin’ ‘bout what the fuck happened while I was gone?” He asks, his bronze gaze sharp and hurt and frustrated, scrambling to his feet and keeping a bit of distance between them as he shakes his head. His hands rise to rub at his face before threading through his copper hair, his eyes opening again to peer at her, still somewhat unused to her new face. “Missed y’too, ‘Relia, but fer Frey’s sake we’ve got s’much t’talk about.” He manages through his thundering heart.