dream a little dream of me
For Jack <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I would fall from grace just to touch your face
"Our next delivery is here." Amelia voice cuts through her thoughts, pulling her attention from the books she's currently looking over in her office, tucked away from the bustle of her business. Maeve sighs softly, setting her quill down and pushing back from her desk, standing slowly, "Thank you, Amelia." She gives her receptionist a nod, heading for the door to meet Jack at the side entrance where the delivery is being brought in.

Her smile is tight lipped, but still pleasant, speaking more to her exhaustion than anything else. "Captain. How nice to see you again. Did you speak with Aurelia?" She was hoping that her counterpart had cleared a few things up with him. Namely that he wasn't getting his ship right away.
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK

Jack is waiting just to the side of the door when Maeve opens it, overseeing the shipment when it comes in (or at the very least, appearing to oversee it), and his blue eyes flick across to the madame when she speaks. "What can I say? You can't keep me away from this place," he says with a smirk, straightening up away from the wall and reaching into the inside pocket of his coat to withdraw a small, folded parcel of brown paper. "For you, Madame." He offers it out to her.

As for Aurelia? Jack offers her a quick nod, confirming that he has indeed spoken with Maeve's fellow queen but don't ask more about it yet bc we haven't got that far in the thread lol. "I hope this will covers your needs nicely," he murmurs of the package. "This is the last of the shipment for this month as well. Anythin' else before I head off?"
romancing yourself is possible, narcissistic
and recommended
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I would fall from grace just to touch your face
Maeve offers him a sharp smile in return, eyes glinting knowingly as she sidles up to the captain, "I wouldn't expect you to stay away. I'm sorry I won't be able to properly entertain you this evening, but any of my other girls would happily accept your company if you wish." And she is. Sorry, that is. It would be a relief to be able to let go for a little bit. To enjoy the simple pleasure of his company and the pleasure his company provided. She plucks the parcel from his outstretched hand, running a thumb over the edge of the paper, "Thank you, Captain." Maeve hums, tucking it back away out of sight.

"Good. She said she had some things to discuss and sort out with you." He doesn't seem too unhappy, but Aurelia might simply have a better way of handling him than she does right now. Her usual mechanisms for keeping him happy are currently off the table, but hopefully his conversation with Aurelia went well enough that he was still on their side. "This should be plenty." She confirms, lips twitching into a small smile before she shakes her head. "That's all for now. Enjoy the rest of your evening, Captain."
Maeve
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK

"Oh I bet they would," Jack all but purrs in response to that, his smile dark and devilish. "Maybe a little later. Got a few more shipments to oversee 'fore the night's through." And maybe Maeve would see the captain again later that evening, slinking into one of the rooms with one of the madame's girls and/or boys. Or maybe she wouldn't. Either way, rest assured that the captain will be a regular visitor of the Halenani again now that he's home.

And with that, and the confirmation that the madame doesn't need anything further from him, he straightens up from the wall and throws Maeve a lazy salute. "And you enjoy yours," he murmurs, ensuring the last of the shipment is unloaded without incident before he takes his leave.

~FIN
romancing yourself is possible, narcissistic
and recommended
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.