{SE} It’s a Wango Tango
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Cause I wanna see the cool and the classy; And I wanna see the cruel and the nasty
They’re gonna run out of spire to use in arts and crafts with the way the Voice keeps sending him running back there, but for now there’s black rock aplenty for Nate to pilfer.

And pilfer he does! Just for the sheer joy of it, he changes things up, creeps through the hollow interior to the top of the spire, where it’s cracked and open. And by ‘sheer joy of it’ he means a vain attempt to avoid the fucking pumpkins that swarm around the Grounds, obviously.

Good thing too, because as he looks down Nate sees a roiling mess of vines and orange snarling faces. There’s an easy way to deal with that though, and it kills two birds with one stone. Or rather, a lot of pumpkins with a single slab of obsidian tipped off the side of the spire, Nate watching over the edge to see the carnage.
NATE
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Azrael

They’ve followed a trail of pumpkins toward the Spire, but they certainly don’t plan on taking a trip through the portal. No, this is purely for investigative work, and where best to figure out what kind of defense to prepare against the pumpkins for next year than to study them in their natural habitat, right?

Anyway, that’s how they’ve managed to wind up here, precisely at the time one of the pumpkins is promptly smashed by a slab of obsidian. A startled gasp leaves them as they jump back, but not quite out of the zone of pumpkin gut splatter – their hands coming out to wipe it off of their face and their clothes as they peer up to see what caused it. Surely the Spire wasn’t falling apart like that, right? Right??Could you uh… Call out a warning next time?” They call up, jostled and startled, unsurprisingly ruffled as the pumpkins now start to divert their attention toward the young demigod.
shadows dance around the room,
i know their names, i carry their blood too
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Cause I wanna see the cool and the classy; And I wanna see the cruel and the nasty
A wordless howl of delight leaves Nate’s as the pumpkins splatter apart under the force of the obsidian. The words that call up to him carry no meaning at first, not until he actually notices Azrael standing below, covered in orange guts. “You should watch where you’re walkin’, sprout!” He teases back, before disappearing inside the Spire and rushing down the stairs, a neat armful of stone held in his extra arms.

It’s handy, when he finally reaches the bottom, an easy source of ammunition to chuck at the closest gourd, trying to draw their attention back to himself. “You're okay, right?” Now that he’s right here, Nate can manage to be a touch more serious, the gourds not nearly enough of a threat to make him skip a beat.
NATE
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Azrael

Nate’s voice startles them a fraction more and they peer up at the Spire as if it might hold more answers, but nothing comes to them until Nate’s rushing down through the Spire and this they can see a bit, but not before a gourd rushes up toward them and nips at their ankle, causing them to jump right at the time Nate launches a piece of obsidian at the closest gourd. It dents its side and caves it in and Azrael’s already huffing a bit of annoyance (inherited completely from Bastien), before they’re activating their upgrade and healing both themself and Nate should he need it.

Their sapphire and ochre gaze lifts to meet Nate’s face with a nod. “Yeah I’m okay.” They offer a brighter smile, moving to step into the spire and hide behind Nate. “Can I ask you something?” They ask with a hint of childish amusement. “Why is it every time I see you, you’re gathering stuff from the Spire?
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
A bright but apologetic smile is offered out to Azrael, Nate managing to look a little sheepish. “Good!” A few more well aimed hunks of obsidian help clear the other between the two Demi-gods, part of Nate only relaxing when Azrael is behind him. There are still pumpkins to take care of though, the doctors attention split between the question and the gourds. “Go for it.” He rumbles, running out of loose obsidian and stretching his arms out instead.

That’s not,” Nate starts to scoff, before really thinking about it. He really does come here often, the Voice’s various conduits always seeming to need shards from the place. “I guess... I dunno, the stone must be important to the Voice.” The moment of distracted thought costs him, vines wrapping around his ankle as a vegetal vermin tries to gnaw at his foot. Unluckily for his would be devourer, he’s learned by this point in the season to wear thick boots, perfect for kicking.
NATE
Azrael De Rosieres

Change author:
Azrael

They suppose it is good, given the fact that they’re sure their father might have something to say if they weren’t. Regardless, though, the question leaves their lips as they point themself behind Nate to use him as a barrier and a buffer for the bloodthirsty gourds, idly wondering whether or not the gourds would be put off by the fluid that would seep from the Ascended’s wounds rather than blood itself. Either way, it isn’t a theory they want to test, and they focus at Nate’s back as he takes out more and more of the gourds, watching as a thick boot swiftly punts a gourd away.

And quite a distance, really, because Az is leaning off to the side watching as it soars through the air before their gaze lands on Nate again with a soft “oh.” It makes sense, really. “I didn’t know it was for the Voice. I thought maybe you just really liked obsidian.” Once the threat is gone, they slip around back to Nate’s side, flashing him another bright fanged smile. “Which is fine, it’s a nice material, especially to build with! It’s just heavy.” They offer as they reach over to pick up a pumpkin gut coated piece of obsidian, cradling it in their hands.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
I don’t mind it.” Nate says after a moment of thought, reaching out with a false arm to grab the last gourd and smash it to the ground. “You should come see what I’m using it for this time.” It’s a not so subtle invitation, Nate turning to grin at the younger demi-god easily. “I know it was used for blades, where I came from.” Maybe that was a thought worth something, obviously the stone had some kind of power.

He moves to gather the rest of the obsidian, along with the original slab he’d dropped, false arms making quick work of angling it up while he thinks for the first time about its weight. Strange. “I’ll come get you when it’s all ready to be put together.” Nate decides, the invitation turning into a demand and sealed with a quick hug before he’s hauling the stone off, a promise to talk properly soon thrown over his shoulder as he goes.

Fin~
NATE