{SE} the sky is a hazy shade of winter
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

She didn't think it would be so hard to leave Edmund or Locke, but it is. Even if it's only for a short trip with Melita and to possibly see Remi. The ache in her chest grows the further away she gets, but soon she's distracted by the freshly falling snow, coating the branches of the surrounding wood in frost. She draws her jacket more tightly around her, the swell of her belly already close to being gone, "Thank you for coming with me." Maeve turns her attention to the other Accepted, offering her a small smile as Aidon bounds ahead, claws crunching through snow.

The dragon looks back over his shoulder, watching his bonded closely, but he's really looking for Fangorn. Not that that's a real surprise. The two are thick as thieves now. "Have you been to the Greatwood before?" The Nightshade asks, pressing her hands deeper into her pockets to keep out the chill as the chilly air nips at her exposed skin, drawing a shiver down her spine.
Fight so dirty, but your love's so sweet
Talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
MELITA
Winter was one of the few seasons Melita wore anything on her feet – and the laden boots made small tracks as she continued to launch and leap her way along undergrowth, below canopies, laden with her armaments and teeming with possibilities. Fangorn bobbed and wove beside her, angling through dried sticks, reeds, and weeds, and both of them might’ve looked quite content – even if they hadn’t journeyed this far in a while. “You’re welcome,” the honeybee chirped in response, her gaze clambering along outlets and groves, catching the rays of light, watching them streamline their way to freshly fallen snow; sparkling in silhouettes of beautiful beams. She followed Aidon’s tracks, but strived not to muster any sound at all; gloved hands contentedly holding onto her staff.

There were a myriad of questions on the tip of her tongue – why they were headed for the Greatwood, why her child wasn’t with her, but was distracted and deterred by the inquiry placed upon her frame instead. Her head turned over her shoulder, watching Fangorn breezily slip by and coax Aidon into some other game, a diligent, brightening nod flickering through. “Many times!” To the Ludo shrine within the deepening forest, to where they danced with nymphs, to where they saved the Undine, to where they ensured the Punking hadn’t made its mark upon the wood. “Just not this part.” Certainly not amidst the Sidhe Village; which was why her eyes were greedily taking everything in. “Are we looking for anything in particular?”
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Aidon trilled excitedly as Fangorn loped forward, spinning in the snow to nip and nudge at him, running circles excitedly around the gourd. The dragon dipped his head down, using his snout to toss snow up into the air, bringing it raining down on top of them. Maeve watched with a soft fondness in her eyes, huffing a quiet laugh before she shifted her attention back to Melita, humming in response to her question. "I'm hoping to find some special fabric. I want to make Edmund a baby blanket. Also, there are a few herbs that I can only really get from the market here." Maeve explained, taking a moment to look around the small village, approaching the market place.

She glanced over at her with a small smile, turning her attention forward as she approached a small stall that was selling various fabrics and threads. The Nightshade looked over a few selections, reaching out after taking her glove off to feel the softness of them, lingering over one of pale blue and another of a deeper sunset orange that bordered on maroon. "What do you think of these two?"
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MELITA
Fangorn huffed and puffed, but truly didn’t mind the depths of the snow. While the rest of his kind had either been demolished or hidden away for the winter, he remained, just as before. So his vines whipped out as the pockets of the season rained down, firing back his own volley with increased ease and amusements. Melita crouched down idlely, forming a neat little snowball in between her hands, pressing it all together until it began to chill her fingers, humming lightly again.

Special fabric for a baby blanket hadn’t even been a consideration in the honeybee’s mind – but given her lack of experience in such departments, she could only shrug her shoulders and hope Maeve knew best. She traipsed after the ruler with a keen, observing eye, looking over fabrics with some level of discernment, but was only ever convinced in ranges of hues and colors. So when her opinion was wanted, the youth instantly went for the press of sunsets and vivid hues. “This one,” she pointed and mustered a grin without hesitation, before spinning along, dipping her head towards other market-goers, peering at the specific wares. She might have to consider some manner of gift at some point, given the season, but with her family going entirely elsewhere, her options were suddenly, sorely diminished.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

As always, Aidon was more than happy to play the game with Fangorn. He leapt up, snatching a few bits of falling snow from the air as the gourd sent it raining down from above, earning himself a few happy and playful trills in response. The dragon didn't stop with his antics even as they entered the village, clearly unconcerned with whether they were causing a ruckus as his bonded looked at different fabrics for her project.

Maeve smiled brightly at Melita's choice, expecting nothing else from the red headed honeybee than a fabric that matched her fiery personality, but a part of her felt it fitting for her son too. "Yes... I think you're right." She hummed, pulling a few different things from her bag to trade for the fabric and thread as Melita moved deeper into the market. The queen soon trailed behind her, following along behind her with a spring in her step, "Have you thought about making a gift for anyone this season?" The Nightshade inquired as she caught up with her, wrapping her arms back around her middle as they crunched their way through the snow.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
Fangorn was a bit more practical and quieter than the dragon; it had ensured his survival before Melita had come into his life. By his careful means, the gourd snatched at the snowflakes with his vines, and then bounded forward, smaller and lighter than Aidon, but still trying to make as many marks in the snow as he could. Flattened proportions from his presence were then sketched into something else with the trailing, snaking proportions of the vines again, challenging the fellow companion to a game of feral, silly designs.

While the creatures kept themselves occupied and content, Melita’s own gaze searched the perimeter and expanse with an air of wonder – gilded stare incapable of picking just one direction. Only a few had ever been allowed permission here years before, and she certainly hadn’t been amongst them – even if her efforts had helped save and salvage. She’d earned other rewards, and used them well.

If Maeve hadn’t been speaking to her, she might’ve meandered and wandered off simply by way of distraction – turning and twisting back over with a light-hearted grin at the agreement and accord of hues. “A little,” she murmured at the question, a half-hearted shrug to her shoulders. “With the rest of my family moving, there won’t be many left to give to.” If that sounded sad, she strived not to show it. “Maybe I’ll get something for Milo for putting up with me.” She tilted her head vaguely, the mischief returning. “What about you?”
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Whether Melita meant to show it or not, Maeve caught the light of it in her eyes, knowing that feeling well. The Nightshade offered her a soft smile in return, understanding in the jade of her irises as she oved to follow her deeper into the market, "I don't have anyone to really give to either. Locke and Edmund are about it. Maybe Seren if she comes around." There was also Remi and Ronin to consider. Truthfully, Maeve wasn't sure they would care to receive gifts from her, but she was tempted to send them anyway.

"I'm sure Milo would appreciate it." The Nightshade hummed, whistling for Aidon to follow along, arms wrapping around her middle as she looked around the village market. "Anything else you want to get here?" She asked even though her attention was grabbed by the freshly falling snow, a sudden childish desire to play in it swelling up in her chest, "We could build a snowman or perhaps a snowball fight?" Maeve suggested, glancing over at her with a mischievous grin, matching the spark in her eyes.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
“Those all seem like good options though,” and she gave a light smile in return, coasting and ghosting away from the semblances of things she was damned and due to lose. Some already by circumstances, choices, and decisions, some by happenstance. Continuing on her light stroll, she surveyed the rest of the wares, but didn’t see anything she thought Milo might want – considering a couple other spyglasses, but figuring they weren’t exactly suitable. “No, but I’ll keep looking elsewhere.” There was still time after all.

She hummed and enticed Fangorn towards her side, so vines outstretched and she snagged him into her arms with little hesitation, waiting for him to perch where it suited. At Maeve’s suggestion, her own childish inclinations sparked and seared, eyes wandering towards the falling snow, towards the distinction of possibilities. She tucked, hid, the smirk yearning to peek through. “Maybe a snowman first.” The honeybee didn’t want them to lose the small opportunity they’d been given by disrespecting the area in a snowball fight (and catching nearby Fae unaware), but the former seemed innocent enough.

Grabbing hold of her gloves, finally, the youth crouched, and began to roll a ball into formation.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve nodded, a small smile on her lips as she glanced toward the honeybee, "They're the closest thing I really have to a family. Aside from those at the Halenani." Her workers were her family too, but it was different. Not like what she had with Locke. Much like Melita, Maeve had lost plenty and she was likely to lose more whether she realized it or not.

They shift through the market and Maeve let her look without rushing her as she attempted to locate a gift for Milo. They come up short, but that's okay. There is plenty of time to find or make something. "I'm sure you'll find something." Maeve hummed before making her suggestion of snowman building, the childish desire bubbling up inside her. Her smile only grew and she dropped her pack nearby, moving to join Melita in the rolling of the base. "I've never made a snowman before."
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
The statement gave Melita a pause as she stepped lightly into the snow, turning her head over her shoulder, brows furrowing in confusion. “Aren’t they your family? The one you’ve claimed and started on your own?” That Maeve hadn’t taken and snagged and held them tightly, closely, surprised the honeybee; but perhaps she’d been mistaken in the meaning. Families could be forged by blood and bonds with the rest of the earth – she’d had plenty considered brethren and kin simply by how they’d survived amongst one another.

Leaving the notions and semblances behind, because there were too many lost in those foundations, she persisted with her rolling. The ball grew bigger and bigger, adding into the sticky form of snow with eager ease, until she’d found it a satisfactory size for the bottom layer, considering it once or twice before rolling it off to the side – out of the way for any other market goers.

She couldn’t hide the surprise on her face, head lifting quickly, brow quirking upwards in a defined arch, as Maeve proclaimed she’d never made a snowman. Before a notion of shock and what pressed across her tongue, the youth pondered – perhaps an entire lifetime in Torchline had been just that, with no venturing out into a world of snow. “Its easy,” she replied instead, the smile wearing back into place. “We have the biggest on the bottom, then we’ll make two more – a middle and a top! They'll be smaller so we can lift them, and it can look like a body. Then we can decorate it with sticks for arms, and stuff like that.” Rocks for eyes. Carrot for a nose.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve paused, realizing that Melita misunderstood her, brows knitting together before she nodded. "They are. They are my family, but I mean.. Well, beyond them." She explained, "They took me in when I was only seventeen. I love them, but I always wanted a family of my own. A partner, children..." And now she had one. A baby. Even though Locke was gone and out of the picture. Maeve suddenly yearned to have Edmund with her, wrapped in her arms and cuddled close, babbling happily away. Part of her wondered if Melita would like Edmund or if the Honeybee would be off put by the child.

While she pondered this, she watched Melita roll the ball, head cocking to the side as it grew larger. The still sticky snow gathering up easily and soon she had a sizeable base for them to build their snowman atop of. The surprise on Melita's face this time wasn't unexpected and she couldn't help the soft laugh that bubbled up in her throat.

"That does sound easy." So easy that Aidon had taken to mimicking the Honeybee, attempting to rolling his own ball. Not that it was going all that well, but the dragon was trying. Maeve followed Melita's lead, bending down to start rolling the second part of the snowman, trying to make sure it's smaller than the bottom.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
“So it sounds like you have what you wanted.” A brighter smile, lifting her head from the confines of the rolling snow, volleyed and rallied along Melita’s features. Family in bonds and blood, sanctified by the press of this world and the next. Maeve would likely always have someone to turn to in her flock at the Halenani, and then her child, her partner, to depend upon and keep safe. To the honeybee, this seemed picturesque; completely unaware of any fault lines that had appeared along the way.

With a hum and a shrug, she continued, and while the Nightshade worked on the second proportion, she started making the top. Smaller, rounder, and no need to carry so much weight of the sticky fluff, the youth finished hers off quickly. Fangorn, warm and compassionate despite his eerie and enigmatic features, noted Aidon’s attempts, and quickly shuffled off to help. The vines could at least help shape and whittle away some of the lumpier edges.

The youth’s eyes flickered over to Maeve’s work. “That looks good! Now we can put them together.”
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

If her smile faltered, Maeve didn't dare let it show. She ducked her head, nodding as she began to form the middle of their snowman, focusing on how the cold seeped through her gloves to make the tips of her fingers number. "Yeah, I suppose I did." Never mind that Locke had disappeared or that Aurelia never came back. Never mind that she was left to lead a region and raise a child all on her own. That was its own special kind of pain that she didn't have the stomach to face. Instead she let those feelings go to focus on the here and now.

While the Nightshade continued to take her time rolling her own ball of snow, Aidon was having a go too, nudging the ill-formed ball with his claws and nose. Lucky for him, Fangorn is there to push things along. Literally. Between the two of them they manage to create something roughly shaping a ball. It's really more like a lumpy mass, but don't tell them that.

Maeve finished with her own portion, hefting it up onto their base, centering it with a bit of wiggling this way and that until she's satisfied with the position. All that's left is the head and the decorations. All and all not going too poorly for a first attempt.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
MELITA
Had the youth known, she wouldn’t have made it worse. Ignorant of the pain her words caused, she continued to volley and rally along, hands steady along the snow. “And besides, you have a lot of people in Torchline at your side. Maybe more than you realize.” She shrugged, nothing conspiring or contorting in her mind but the fabrics of reality and possibility, gloves smoothing out a portion of the smaller mound. Placing the head upon the middle proportion, she stepped back, surveying the outline with a critical, inspecting gaze – narrowed, gilded slits pondering the depths of their potential. “There, not too bad.”

Her stare went very briefly to the companions’ work, which was adorable and not to be bothered; the initial round of mass likely incapable of supporting much of anything. But Fangorn seemed willing and able to help, and perhaps if they made something even smaller for the upper portions, it’d be decent.

Attention meandering to the Queen and honeybee’s creation, her head tilted for a moment, outlining the next set of directions. “Now we need some sticks for arms. Rocks for eyes. A carrot for a nose if we can find one.” Maybe the market still had some wares; uncertain given the season. But she glided easily over to some close stones, beginning to collect them in her palms.