Strategic Eyes please?
Nikolai for the Voice!
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
We are only haunted by the things we refuse to accept
-Bridgett Devoue
Nikolai entered the shrine for the first time since his Ascension. He placed a book on the alter, one that he'd enjoyed immensely that contained numerous essays on the merits of chemical warfare. Nikolai knew that the Voice didn't require offerings but it still felt strange to ask for something without giving anything in return. So why not a book to pass the time with?

Having placed the book, he stood before the shrine and spoke. "Hello My Lady, I hope you are well." Nikolai's voice carried a hint of warmth and awe as he spoke. "I.. thank you. Truly, thank you for Ascending me and my mother. Our lives have been so much better, so much happier since." He glanced at the alter. "I brought you a book. I imagine that you likely know most if not all of the information, but it seemed wrong to simply come and request something of you. I hope at the least the book provides you some entertainment."

Nikolai paused before continuing. "I came today to ask for an upgrade, an ocular one. I've been combing through the Atheneum and trying to find things on the relics but many of the books are in languages I'm unfamiliar with. I've managed to learn and translate a few but it takes time. I was hoping for some kind of upgrade that would allow me to read and decipher any language or code? It would certainly aid me in my search." It would help him better help their family too.

A determined look came upon the young Ascended's face."And if you ware willing to provide me this, I'll do whatever you ask of me to see it happen. Whether that's gathering materials or something else, I'll do it." The only thing that Nikolai wasn't willing to do in this world was to hurt his family, something he knew the Voice would never ask of him.

Nikolai prays to the Voice! He's offering a book he found interesting (it's on chemical warfare if that matters), and asking for an ocular upgrade. Specifically one that will allow him to read/decipher codes and languages.
Resilience is born even when we feel like we are dying
-Alex Elle

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
"I believe I did read this once."

The Voice appears swathed in electricity, leaning down to inspect the book her bright one has brought. "Thank you." She smiles, straightening up.

"What you ask, Nikolai, is far from impossible. Indeed, some of your siblings are already making use of such upgrades. Let us see if we cannot fashion you with something similar, if reading is your passion..."

Nikolai has received a quest from the Voice!

He must:

- Complete 1 thread obtaining some obsidian from the Spire and carving it into a sphere
- Complete 1 thread catching a paper wasp in the Atheneum
- Complete 1 thread interacting with a fellow Ascended with an optical upgrade (any), discussing the upgrade in the thread.

Coding base by Sky!
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Nikolai
We are only haunted by the things we refuse to accept
-Bridgett Devoue
Nikolai perked up as the Voice appeared. A mix of awe and warmth filling him. This was the first time that he'd seen his Goddess in person. The last time they'd spoke, at his Ascension, the Goddess hadn't appeared in physical form. He wasn't surprised to hear that she'd already read the book he'd brought. At least the gesture appeared to be appreciated regardless. The young Ascended would have to be more creative in what books he brought her in the future.

Hearing that his goal was possible Made Nikola smile, excitement filling him. Wessex had told him about her upgrade before, but to hear that even more of his sibling had some? He was eager to go out and ask them about the details. As the Voice outlined what he had to do, Nikolai grew determined.

"Thank you My Lady. I truly appreciate your help. I will see you soon." With one last nod of respect, he made his way out of the shrine, ready to start the tasks given to him by his Goddess.

-{FIN}
Resilience is born even when we feel like we are dying
-Alex Elle