Tea and Scones
A very important meeting for Paige
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
As promised, Ray arrived early in the afternoon to the garden. Upon arriving she placed down a large picnic blanket. It was a soft fabric with a star pattern printed on it. It seemed the most fitting for a tea party at the Court of the Stars. From there she began to set up the small firepit, filling a pot with water, and allowing it to begin boiling.

Next, she placed the small mini-oven she'd brought as well as setting out all of the ingredients to make scones. The small oven was an old-fashioned clay one that had a place for a small fire on the bottom level. Ray had used it once or twice in the past and although small, it was a functional oven.

With the tea boiling, the scones ready to be made, and a few prepared snacks placed out, the tea party was ready. Sitting back on the blanket, Ray relaxed. Soon Paige would arrive and they would enjoy an afternoon of tea and baking.
They have not
forgotten this
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige

Paige was more than a little excited for this tea part. Not only was she getting to see her new best friend Miss Ray, but she was having a tea party in the Court of Stars. The same place where her Auntie Maeve took care of Torchline now. As Queen. This wasn't just a normal tea party, but a royal one as far as Paige was concerned. She hurried to get ready that morning, putting on her best dress and packing her own little basket to bring to the picnic, skipping all the way there.

When she found Ray in the garden her whole face lit up with a bright smile and she hurried over to join her, "Miss Ray! I brought honey and Mr. Locke helped me making fancy tea sandwiches!" He also packed her some lavender lemon cookies to share with the other Attuned. She set the basket down on the blanket and bounced on her toes, "What's first?"
Love you to the moon and to Saturn
Passed down like folk songs, the love lasts so long
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray smiled warmly as Paige appeared. The skipping made her chuckle under her breath as the child joined her in the garden. The little girl was precious and Ray had a sudden thought. Is this what having a little sister was like?

Paige's excitement was infectious as she spoke. "Honey and sandwiches? Perfect! They'll go well with the rest." Ray began to set out small plates and napkins. The kettle on the fire began to whistle so the Attuned turned and poured the hot water into two cups. "Let's start with tea. Which type do you want Paige? I brought mint, chamomile, and spiced teas."

As Ray spoke, she put a packet of spiced tea into her own cup, as well as some of the honey that Paige had brought. Stirring her tea together, she waited for Paige to choose.
They have not
forgotten this
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Paige

Paige was incredibly interested in what "the rest" of it entailed exactly. She finally took a seat next to Ray, blue eyes as wide as saucers as she looked over everything the other Attuned brought with her, taking in the various treats spread out on the blanket. "What did you bring?" Paige asked curiously, reaching forward to open the top of the basket so she can peek inside of it.

The question of tea is brought up and she took a moment to think it over, watching as Ray picked spiced tea for herself and that made the choice for herself easy. "Spiced tea please!" After Ray prepared her cup, Paige added cream and honey to her own, giving it a good stir.

"Miss Ray, what's it like working on the, uh, council?" She asked, trying her best to mimic adult conversation.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray chuckled as she placed everything on the blanket. "I brought tea, some cheese and crackers, some fruit, and ingredients to make scones." She gestured to the mini-oven. "We can use that to make scones over the fire." The Attuned had brought a variety of possible fillings for the scones. Chocolate chips, dried fruits, spices. They'd be able to make whatever kinds of scones that Paige desired.

Sipping her tea to hide her sudden grin, Ray did her best to answer the question. "Working on the council? It's a lot of work. I write reports, advise the queens, and help the people with whatever they need. It's tiring but I enjoy helping everyone. And I get to hang out with Maeve and Aurelia, both of which are my friends." It was had work that paired with her shop led to long hours. But it was satisfying.  

Setting her tea down, the Attuned grinned mischievously. "The best part though? Besides being able to help people that is. I get my own office." Ray winked. "I know that sounds like nothing, but it's what I do with my office that's fun. I change the décor constantly. Whenever someone comes in, they have no idea what they'll be walking into. And seeing their confusion and surprise? It's great."

The herbalist leaned forward, whispering conspiratorially. "You should help me next time. Maybe think of some crazy colors or things that I can put in my office the next time I change it? I don't want to run out of ideas." The trick would lose its charm if she had to start repeating concepts after all.
They have not
forgotten this
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

It all sounded like a bunch of boring grown up stuff. Except for the part about helping people. That's what Paige wanted to do too. Not in the same way because it seemed that Ray did a lot of things in an office and Paige didn't want to stay in an office. She wanted to help people out in the world. One thing that does catch her attention is the mention of changing her office frequently to play with people.

Paige nodded eagerly at the offer, "I can do that! You should do everything all green one time!" She suggested, taking a careful sip of her tea, making sure to stick out her pinky like all the proper people do when they drink. "So, how do we make scones?"
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray chuckled, picturing Paige's idea in her mind. "All green? That would be fun. Maybe I can go through the entire rainbow. A different color every week or something." Though painting her walls that much would be very tedious. Perhaps someone with illusion magic would be willing to give her a hand?

The herbalist had to bite her lip and take a sip of her own tea to prevent another chuckle from leaving her. Paige sticking out her pinky was just adorable, and decided to indulge her. The Attuned stuck her own pinky out nonchalantly.

The mention of scones had Ray perking up. "We mix the batter in a bowl. It's made with flour, sugar, vanilla, butter, heavy cream, and a few other things. Once we mix up the batter base we add our fillings and then re-mix. From there we shape them into little triangles and bake them. It's not too complicated." That was a bit of an abridged explanation but Paige didn't need to hear her list out every ingredient until they were actually making them.
They have not
forgotten this
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

"Yes! All green! I think that would be fun." Paige chirped, taking another slow sip of her tea, making sure to hold her pinky out the entire time. Ray started to do it too and Paige smiled against the rim of her cup, feeling a little giddy to know that she was doing it right. She must have been if Ray was doing it too.

The talk of scones had Paige setting down her teacup, sitting up a little straighter and moving closer to the mini oven, inspecting it carefully. "Can we start on them now? I'm a really good mixer." The young Attuned said, her excitement palpable along their shared bond as she rose up on her knees, craning her neck to look over the things Ray brought for the scones.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray chuckled and after one last sip, set her tea aside as well. "Of course! Let's get started on the base and you can think about what filling you might want them to be." The herbalist pulled out a few measuring cups and began to sort through their ingredients. Grabbing a large bowl, she placed it in-between the two Attuned.

"Alright. 2 cups of flour, a 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, and a pinch of salt. That all goes in first." Ray handed Paige a measuring cup. "Will you get the flour and sugar? I'll measure out the rest and then we can whisk it all together." A hopefully easy first step to making delicious scones.
They have not
forgotten this
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

Paige already knew she wanted chocolate chips, but she'll wait to tell Ray when it's time to add them in. That way the herbalist will think she at least tried to pick something else even though she absolutely wouldn't pick anything over chocolate. That was just the truth. Taking the measuring cup from Ray the Attuned quickly scooped out the flour and sugar into a bowl, sending up a white cloud of flour as it plopped in, making the girl giggle.

As soon as that task was done she reached for the whisk, already prepared for the next step, intent on being the stirrer in this situation. Everyone knows the stirrer gets to lick the spoon. That's just the rules. With a grin, Paige waited for the go ahead from Ray to stir everything together. Only when that's done does she sit back on her haunches again. "What's next?"
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray wanted chocolate chip too actually but wanted to give Paige the opportunity to choose. Seemed like they'd both be happy later. Without much of a hitch, except for some flying flour, the dough was mixed. "Now we add toppings and then we shape the dough", Ray teased with a grin. Once the toppings were poured in, Ray continued her explanation.

"Next we shape the dough. We'll take it out in balls about the size of a small apple and place it on the pan. From there we shape it into triangles and bake them." Ray scooped out some dough and began to shape it into a wedge, placing it on the pan as an example.
They have not
forgotten this
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

Paige is sure to sneak some extra chocolate chips into the dough. At least another half a cup and the mixture is almost more chocolate than dough, but Paige doesn't really care. They'll be delicious either way. With a mischievous grin the girl scooped out a bit of dough, following Ray's example even as she popped a few bits of chocolate into her mouth, humming as it melted across her tongue.

Her own scones were a little lumpy and not exactly perfect triangles, but she tried her best, lining them up along with Ray's. Once they were done she wiped off her hands on the cloth and grabbed one of the tea sandwiches that were sitting out. "Do they take long to bake?"
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray chuckles as Paige 'sneaks' in more chocolate. The move is fully supported by the herbalist, the more chocolate the better. Once all of the scones are shaped, Ray gives them one less gloss over with some melted butter. "This will help them come out shiny and make the outside a bit more crispy." A crisp outside and a soft, fluffy inside made the best scone in her opinion.

Placing the pan in the oven, Ray sets a timer. "They'll take about 20 minutes to bake. Some scone recipes take longer though." The herbalist grins at Paige, "I don't have the patience to wait that long so I make a simpler recipe." Now that the scones are baking, Ray pours herself a second cup of tea and grabs a sandwich as well.
They have not
forgotten this
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

"I'm too impatient to wait too." Paige declared with a giggle, trying her best to sit still and distract herself with the multitude of tea sandwiches to have. They would have to do until the scones were done. Thankfully that didn't take too long. Soon they had a warm pile of scones that were filled to the brim with melty chocolate chips. Paige shoves one into her mouth in two bites and licks chocolate off of her fingers. They spend the rest of the time thinking about different ways to decorate Ray's office in the coming weeks.

Paige shows Ray her new shift and they even have a little game of hide and seek in the garden. It's a perfect day. A day that she won't forget for some time.

~FIN~