{SE} precious little moments
For Locke <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

They settle into a kind of routine. He gives her plenty of space to be with Edmund just the two of them, but it's easy to slip into being a little family. As dysfunctional as the are. He helps with Edmund. He helps feed him, change him, rock him, and put him to sleep. He gives Maeve plenty of time to rest and she didn't think that she could possibly love him more, but then she sees him with her baby. Their baby. Their little star and her heart aches because it's simply so perfect.

It's part of what sparks the idea. The sight of them and the change of season. There was still plenty to do in the nursery. Things that they needed, but there hasn't been much time between actually taking care of Edmund, running the Halenani, and keeping an eye on the rest of Torchline given that Aurelia still isn't back yet.

She cradles Edmund close, wandering into the living room to find Locke there, smiling softly as she approaches and bends to press a kiss to his cheek. "So, I was thinking, we should do something for Deepfrost. Make some things for Edmund. I know he's too little to know much right now, but I think it would nice to do as a family."
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

It's a balancing act he's not sure if he's doing right, but Maeve hasn't chased him off yet so that's something. It's hard not to just ease into how it should be. But he thinks they're both too wary to press anything further though. Which is for the best probably, he's got a lot on his mind lately and he'd rather not get them mixed up in it.

As much as he doesn't like being at the Halenani, he likes his little family more. He spends a lot more time there than he was expecting. It just makes sense though. Between all of Edmund's things being there and Maeve being so busy, Locke has pretty much moved in. The logistics are easier even if the feelings are harder.

He's kind of zoned out, half asleep, when Maeve enters the room. He looks at her, grinning when he sees Edmund. Despite his (initial and maybe still on going) concern about the kid's paternity, he's smitten. Plus, he's got Locke's curls. Gotta be his kid. Locke makes a little noise when Maeve kisses him, wrinkling his nose back at her.

"Yeah? Got any ideas for what you wanna do?"
I'm motivated by the lack of doubt
I'm consecrated but I'm not devout
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

He isn't wrong. She's keeping her distance despite how she wants to sink into this easy domesticity with him. It would be so simple. It could be so simple. If they let it. Neither of them are willing to push it. She's trying to respect his wishes, giving him time to work his shit out and come back to her when he's ready. Even if she wants him so badly it hurts. Maeve comes over to him, bending to give him a kiss on the cheek, hand bracing against Edmund's back. Her lips curl into a soft smile at his huff, a surge of warmth spreading through her chest at the sight of his wrinkled nose, shifting to sit beside him.

Edmund coos happily in her arms, already trying to lift his head to look at Locke, big blue eyes bright as they settle on his father. Black curls stick up every which way, clearly something he gets from Locke, a gummy smile on his face as he waves his arms excitedly. Maeve laughs softly, pressing kisses to his chubby cheeks as she cuddles him close, "I was thinking of making him a baby blanket. Like the one I made you? Big enough that he can still use it while he grows. Maybe a mobile for above his crib?" She suggests, bouncing Edmund on her lap as he gurgles and babbles, reaching to grab at the necklace around Locke's neck despite the fact that his arms are way too short to accomplish his goal.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need