how we are built
For Gideon
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
what tried to destroy you
didn't have the strength
The juxtaposition of frozen terrain giving way to humidity still didn’t hold well with him – much preferring the cold to the jungle haze. Regardless, Deimos and his companions traversed along the groves and pinnacles of timber, dwarfed immediately by the towering trees, by the expanse of constant noise, of colorful hues, of blending, blurring vines. More than once he paused to roll his sleeves back further, hair already tossed into a haphazard bun, while he inspected the structures around him. The purpose of their journey had been to find some fruit to keep stored, or at least readily available, while the rest of the refugees toiled within King’s End. With any luck, he’d be able to preserve them as easily as the meat.

Belial foraged on ahead with his youthful zeal, while the Sword’s eyes, senses, well accustomed to predator inclinations, roamed everywhere – before finally centering on some bananas squarely along a nearby tree. Rather than risk himself climbing, because this particular timber didn’t look like it’d be able to bear much of his weight, the beast pulsed several Air machinations through the range of swarming life – watching, waiting, as the fruit was plucked neatly, and floated towards him by his own measures and machinations. “We can try these,” he mentioned to Zuriel, who merely snorted and shook her head, as he placed them within her saddlebags, and began to move again.
still you stand
sturdy and smelling of smoke
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
Be careful of what it takes
With the city on Torchline's shores essentially out of reach for the time being and Halo holding little of interest (he heard there had been unrest there lately, but the Citadel was so bereft of resources or important people he didn't care to learn of it ), Gideon had begun to wander further out. The Wilds promised adventure and discovery, a chance to involve oneself in the natural world the Gods had created, and he took that opportunity gladly.

It wasn't that unusual to hear the approaching footsteps of another explorer within the Oerwoud, but Gideon still stopped every time to let them come to him so that he could study who was coming - he couldn't afford to have the Ascended ambush him, after all.

What appeared from the trees was no Ascended, but a strange creature indeed, almost a bird and a deer at once yet neither. He tilted his head, was about to approach the creature, when it became clear there was a human figure behind it - perhaps it's master. "Hello there." Gideon called out, stepping into the light; it seemed unlikely an Ascended would have such a radiant companion. "Would you mind telling me...well, what your friend here is?" He asked, gesturing towards Belial.
What I've seen so far
The good ones always seems to break
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
The approach, the appearance, of another hadn’t gone unnoticed. Belial was the first alarm – intending to fully open and unfurl his jaws in fanged, wild abandon with loud hoots and hollers – but they’d been practicing not alerting everyone else in the general vicinity either. So while the companion rallied and scouted ahead, sighted by the other, he relayed the information to the Sword.

In turn, Deimos was immediately on alert – spine taut, straight, rigid, an unyielding, unbending sort of behemoth on his walk, cautious and predacious all the in the same turn. His eyes narrowed briefly as the stranger stepped into the light, a widening clearing, and he and Zuriel emerged further, regarding the older man with an air of study and deliberation. He didn’t recognize him at all; which might have held more meaning if the world wasn’t so vast now. A tilt of his head followed, eyes going briefly to Zuriel, before flicking back to the other individual.

His question wasn’t for anything but Belial – and with a gesture of brief amusement towards the deer now shuffling around Deimos’ feet (eager and keen, waiting for some sort of permission), the deep rumble echoed forth in return. “A peryton. Carnivorous too.” The fawn made a gesture that showed his fangs, raising his hackles in obvious amusement, before his wings flashed and flickered once more. “And who are you?”
still you stand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
It seemed the man behind the creature was amiable enough, so Gideon relaxed, hands in his pockets and his shoulders low as he regarded Belial's teeth. "Are you trying to tell me I should be scared?" He asked, glancing sideways at Deimos with a smirk. In fact, he was fascinated, leaning a little closer to see the jaw of the beast - unsettling, a deer with such teeth; the creatures the Gods could come up with never disappointed.

He was sure this was not a creation of the Voice, because the man before him didn't carry the usual disdain of the Gods (that and he'd gotten good at looking for fangs - as far as he could see, this man did not have them). Gideon sensed a great disappointment behind him, a sense of missed potential - but they had all failed in that way once. Perhaps it was his task to reignite his passion.

"Gideon Clemments." He answered with a nod of his head. "Head Priest of Stormbreak's Trinity Temple. And you? I can tell you've already had some run ins with our Gods." Even with the casual phrasing, his voice held a special reverence as he spoke of the beloved deities.
What I've seen so far
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
Remaining where he stood, Deimos watched as the stranger leaned in closer for inspection and scrutiny. He wasn’t the first to be openly curious about Belial; it seemed perytons were not commonly spotted amongst the world – but given their tendencies for blending amongst their surroundings, it made sense. The aforementioned beast gave a little show (the Sword fought away an eye roll) as attention was solely upon him – wings unfurling again, moving back and forth so that the other man might see him from all angles; black hide and feathers. The inquiry did manage to generate a snort from the Sword. “Only if you can shift into smaller prey.” If this earned a glare from his companion, the hybrid ignored it entirely.

And still the name didn’t bring forth any recognition, though the land did. All he knew of Stormbreak were portions and pieces from others; notably Seren and her predilections towards its ancient sanction (and their inclinations towards Abandoned as a whole). Or the foundations of the Order; which still chafed somewhere down the notches of his spine. Cautious still, careful, controlled, ever the air of composure while his mind worked and contorted.

The last statement caused the lightest tilt of his head, a brief narrowing of his eyes – uncertain what the meaning was intended to signify. But he’d return the gesture of namesakes with his low rumble once more, some modicum of respect for priests aligned with the Old Gods. “Deimos Ignatius.” Once there would’ve been something else besides the name – a proud General of either Halo or the Hollowed Grounds. Now there was nothing attached. There were enough scars to fill in the gaps and lines within. “And how do you find the Wilds?” Given the spoken parameters of stone walls and devices meant to ward away the rest of the world, the untamed expanse must’ve been somewhat of a surprise.
still you stand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
"Heh." Since it didn't sound like Belial was much of a threat and the creature seemed to enjoy the attention, Gideon inspected it from all the angles provided, wondering if they had any of these beasts in the Celestine.

It didn't seem Deimos had heard his name; those that had generally had a reaction one way or another, after his various speeches and public reckonings with the Ascended. Declaring himself from Stormbreak and a Priest made his alignment in the war clear though and Deimos did not leave, so Gideon stayed for his introduction. Hearing Deimos' name, there was some hint of recognition in his own eyes, but he couldn't place it.

"Beautiful, like everywhere on our dear country - well. Except for that awful circle of death." He shook his head, having seen the dry and desperate dark of the Hollowed Grounds enough times before the barrier had gone up to know what the Ascended had done to it. "Is this your home?"
What I've seen so far
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
Once Gideon had seemingly had his inspection and examination, the peryton maneuvered at will: feathers permitting him to take flight, somewhere beside Zuriel, striving to tempt her into mischief. The unicorn was far too wise and far too proud in her own right though, and eyes were solely riveted on the priest; intelligent and cunning, while the Sword’s piercing gaze narrowed once more.

The only land Gideon could mean to signify was the Hollowed Grounds: a circle, a convolution, of things once striving to break free. But for a man who’d once had to defend it, who’d made his sanctum within its walls because that’s all they’d known, because they’d been dragged and placed there regardless of liberations or freedoms – he withheld something. Tucked it back into his chest, stifled the bombardments down. “There were bright spots there, once.” And he could give them all names, all the faces, souls, cherished, and most of them gone. “With the people, at least.” His head lowered for a moment, staring at the ground, before easing a long-held sigh, lifting back half a second thereafter, hands restless, poised to drift back to the unicorn’s saddlebags, fixing the fruit layered and gathered within.

The question thereafter stabbed and lacerated, even if it hadn’t meant to. He had no home. And that gaping sentiment blurred and blended against so many other grating intricacies; from lives before and lives present, so much that the sentiments stung deeper than his ribcage. “I have shelter in King’s End.”
still you stand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
"Once, maybe." Gideon gave Deimos, though it was hard to see now what life could have once been within the Grounds - he certainly didn't think it had been a place of virtue since long before the barrier. "Best thing you can say about it is that even after being stuck there all that time, there were those within that didn't give in to the machine's temptations." His bitter tone as he said 'machines' made it clear who he was speaking of, but even if it did not, he continued: "They take land that has potential and ruin it with their 'improvements'. It's why we have to save the rest of Caido and soon."

It was a bit early in this relationship to be getting into his speeches, but Gideon found it hard not to when certain topics arose. Letting it go for the moment, he leaned against a bent tree and watched Deimos as he answered the question about his home - or lack thereof.

"Shelter, not home? Are you looking for somewhere to stay?" He asked, eyes immediately alight with something close to excitement at an opportunity. "I have rooms and work at the Temple for any willing to serve their Gods...and, forgive me, but I can tell you have some serving to do. Safrin is disappointed." He didn't know what about, but Gideon knew enough to believe he could get to Deimos' heart quickly, making sure the smirk on his face was more kind than smug.
What I've seen so far
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
He’d known some that had given in; but for a variety of reasons. Rexanna had escaped Zariah’s horrors and machinations. Scores of others had evaded curses, had been enticed and led along the Voice’s promises. And while he’d never been tempted, he understood reasons some had wandered, stretched their wings in other paths. But Deimos had seen LongNight, had experienced its tortures too many times. Had witnessed and tried to salvage, save, those afflicted with the blight. Had seen far too much to ever believe in anything the Voice had to offer.

But Gideon’s words had more than just those notions layered within them – it was an archaic hate, likely spawned from behind those stone fixtures and walls. From days of old. From the past, and into the present. The monolith didn’t step within the vehemence though, only slid along the sides, watching the perimeters, eyes fixating on straps and ensuring the bags would stay closed. “Do you mean the portals?” He couldn’t think of any other “improvements”, unless there were other devices spiraling around. Or the shrines, the Spire itself.

The excitement in the other man’s voice made him nearly cringe – inwardly raking something down the back of his spine – because of not only the proposal, but the notions and sentiments behind it. Deimos could never see himself working amidst a temple; too many swords had been placed in his hands. The closing statement almost made him flinch – but it wasn’t something he wasn’t unaware of. “Though it is appreciated, I would not be able to accept your offer.” Here he paused, pondering when everything would simply pierce away again. “I am not allowed in your land.” All due to the magic running through his veins, that he'd used time and time again to shield and protect.

As for Safrin, he sighed, knowing there were all too many angles in which she was likely quite cross and dissatisfied with him. It was why he’d yet to return – believing he needed to snag at the mountains once more before the thought of seeking her out again. “I fear I disappoint her frequently.” A low rumble, before fixing the bearings again, hands restless. “I know I have much to do, and fix.”
still you stand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
"They're one thing, yes. Amazes me that everyone uses them. How do you know what they do to you in the between? You are entirely at their mercy." Gideon shook his head, a disbelieving and disgusted expression on his face. He could imagine things implanted, changed or taken from each Godly person that took one of those portals. That the world had so easily accepted their convenience still amazed him.

"But what I am seeing is the future...they alter their bodies. What's to stop them altering the world to match?" He sighed, and perhaps he would have continued on this prediction, but Deimos admitting he would not be allowed into Stormbreak made him pause. The Gods indifference and deeper than nothing relationship had thrown him off, but he quickly realised Deimos had to be Abandoned. "Ah. Well. There's still plenty of places someone like you can stay that are almost as good."

He nodded at the assessment of Safrin's feelings; he could tell that there were wounds there to be mended. "Do you want to tell me what happened? I am a Priest. If you're wanting advice with the Gods, there's much worse people to ask."
What I've seen so far
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
While Gideon might have worn into an assemblage of disgust, Deimos remained in his indifferent fixtures. He kept his hands busy on the stays, before stepping away, prodding at the saddle bags to ensure they were tightly snug. Zuriel gave him a look that indicated far too many things at once, and he tread lightly, wary, cautious, rigid and composed all the time. Another tilt of his head indicated his curiosity over the portals – because it was all they’d known and understood for some time. He could stretch his wings, others could teleport, some accessed the sky boats. The mountains had yet to be favored in the latter direction; and he wondered if that was for political reasons, or the amount of Ascended beginning to meander their way into the touches, the fringes. “It was all we had initially.” Save for walking, traversing longer and longer distances; unaware and ignorant of what else could be manifested. Before Attunements or stronger thresholds of incantations. Tones methodical, his inquiries persisted. “Do you only use the skyports then?” If those were a safer means of travel?

The Sword continued in his listening parameters though – always an instinctual pull towards inquisition. While Gideon might have been biased in his persecutions, who was to say there was no truth in the manner? In the matter? What more was the Voice capable of? “Do you know if the Voice caused the latest sickness?” It’d been an ongoing theory of his, and only because of the blight beforehand. What other alterations could be made to the world? Could blend into the rapacity and avarice? His thoughts wandered briefly to Halo – isolated and cold, and his jaw clenched.

He nearly laughed at the subtle change. Someone like you indeed. He took it as less than an insult, having heard far worse and staying apathetic about it. “Almost as good?” The lightest of snickers came on the fringes of his mouth, and then disappeared altogether as the next topic lingered. He didn’t know this individual. And he’d never made a step towards priests in any other life. The fundamental lack of trust instilled too much in his bones, in his blood, and so he barely maneuvered about the surface. “I am aware of where I errored.” The loss of a land intertwined with the way he couldn’t, wouldn’t, be chained, tied, and tethered. “I presumed I would correct the failure.” Fingers intertwined haphazardly in Zuriel’s mane, tugging at the braids. “Would that be enough?”
still you stand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
"Hm." Gideon responded non-committedly, thinking that if he had been in the same situation he would simply not have travelled. It was better to remain in one place for the rest of ones life than have yourself placed at the mercy of the Ascended. The question made him smile and shake his head, though he did not take his compass from it's usual place in his pocket. "No. I have methods bestowed by the Gods. Much more efficient than the portals, too."

For all the Voice's talk of wonderful technology and advancement, as far as he knew she had yet to invent anything like the compasses.

The mention of the plague gave him pause. It had not reached Stormbreak and he had other concerns on his mind. With there already being so much real crime to lay at the Ascended's feet, he didn't feel a need to lie; Gideon shrugged. "I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised, but...I must admit I have not investigated it. After all, I only heard of it second hand. Were you affected by it?" Perhaps the symptoms experienced could point towards the culprit.

"Mm. Torchline, at least in some areas, is nice enough. I've heard Halo is having problems...and besides, it's lead by an--" He stopped, remembering just who he was talking to. "--..A woman that does not follow the Gods." He'd heard reports of Ascended lovers and attempts at 'neutrality', an idealistic goal that made him want to roll his eyes.

As to whether Deimos would correct his 'failure'...Gideon leaned back and plucked a blade of grass from the ground to twine around his fingers, shrugged. "Impossible to say without knowing the sin. But...for what it's worth, I think you can redeem yourself. She hardly hates you; more of a...mourning for lost potential. You've missed an opportunity offered to you?"
What I've seen so far
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
If they’d followed Gideon’s line of thought, then none of them would have ever left the Hollowed Grounds. But the world spun onwards, branching out, permitting them to traverse and explore, no longer contained or rooted to one particular region. The answer inspired a rough arch of his brow once more – curious, but when the priest failed to expand on the details, Deimos pondered if it was simply not a place to pry. A guarded interval or secret. Or perhaps the gods had bestowed other transportation methods; the Sword was content with flying or rampaging through. The last time he’d utilized a portal had been in Halo, and only to ensure Zuriel wasn’t left behind.

Deimos’ concerns over the sicknesses had been valid and true due to his experiences. Perhaps these inscrutable things hadn’t scorched or touched other areas, but for the ones who’d been affected, who knew how badly things could become, it was one more concern in the wiles and wielding power of the Voice. “Yes, and many others.” His jaw clenched again, memories flickering, never quite fading, from his time combating both sicknesses, and from different angles. “Infecting a large number at once would be an effective strategy in times of war.” He didn’t think he’d have to spell it out any further for the older individual. A weakened force, their minds riddled with disease, would make combat easier for those not snagged and snared into the mired thresholds.

The mention of other lands snagged at his attention, Torchline a given considering Safrin’s incantations behind it, but to hear of Halo, and how it was simply derived gave him pause. The former General’s eyes went downcast, and then to Zuriel’s mane, hands fixing the ends of some of the braids. There were a thousand things he could’ve said, and most of them were hidden, tucked away behind his teeth. How they’d tried. How there’d been some moments of Old God flickerings. How Frey had touched that land with their abilities far more than the Voice, even if there were layers and lacquer to go between. How even those Abandoned, like himself, still could take the risks, could strive, could try. “The mountains are not a hopeless case,” and his frown grew saddened, as he glanced in between fibers of the unicorn’s dark mane. Thinking of the people left behind there – of the lengths they had to go. “But Morgan has spurned the Old Gods and the spirits.” Among multitudes of other provisions.

As for his own sins, flaws, and defects, his brows furrowed, somewhat surprised that he wasn’t detested by the goddess. Mourning for the loss of potential didn’t seem like her either – but she’d been the one to make him think, make him preside over the meager constitution of his own boundaries. Then he’d placed them. Granted his loyalty, his skills, his abilities, but only so far. He doubted the priest would quite understand the situation – perhaps he would’ve been an individual willing to accept the bargain, no matter the consequences on the other side. “An offer I did not take,” and therein he wouldn’t press or reveal any further; spine taut and rigid again, the discomfort evident in his walled-off form.
still you stand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
GIDEON

Be careful my darling
Finding out that Deimos was a survivor of the plague he'd heard had swept the land wasn't surprising; Gideon had heard testimony from several people by this point. He only wished he had answers, easy blame to lay at the Voice's feet, but for once he didn't. "I'm glad to see you have recovered well. Perhaps, before the fighting truly begins, we should investigate if it was a weapon of the Voice's - so we might be prepared for it again."

There was something in Deimos' response to his evaluation of Halo that spoke of a more personal connection, but Gideon didn't intrude beyond a single raised brow. The frozen wastes weren't too much of a concern of the Orders for the moment; as far as he knew there were few Ascended there and isolated as it was, it had less influence on the outer world. "I see. And even though you are Abandoned, if you were in such a position, you would accept the Old Gods?" He asked, challenging just a little.

Since it sounded like he had turned down Safrin for...something she had offered him, Gideon wondered if Deimos would ever repeat that mistake again. The Goddess was not known for being forgiving - it wasn't an error many could survive.
What I've seen so far