Plot Advancing PQ stairway to heaven
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova


Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 5,929 | Total: 15,898
MP: 2501
#1
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes
The letters have been sent and the preparations are in order, and even though it's Deepfrost and this is hardly the weather to be sailing a skyskip nor building a skyport, here they are. Ronin, bundled up enough not to feel the cold but not too much so as to lose the ability to climb, awaits the group at the top of the Observatory. They will need to create the skyport on one of the large boughs which branches off into the sky, so as not to impede the fae and their stargazing.

For now the Huntsman is merely checking over their materials; logs and planks of wood, nails and tools and enough fuel to keep them warm and the tree well-lit for long enough that they can do what they need to without working blind. He's got a sketch, too, weighed down by rocks on a small table cleared of snow and ice, so he can refer back to it.



This will be a PQ+ to create a skyport in the Greatwood!

1. Remi
2. Maeve
3. Phoebe
4. Deimos
RONIN
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,393 | Total: 3,240
MP: 867
#2
Maeve

This was something she'd been waiting to hear about. An offer she'd given many moons ago. Now, thankfully, she's physically able to make good on it. It's still hard to leave Edmund behind, but a construction site is nowhere for a baby. He's tucked away safely at the Halenani for the time being, watched over closely by her girls and it's one of the few things she'd doesn't have to worry about.

Finding Ronin isn't hard and Aidon trails behind her as her boots crunch through the dusting of snow that covers the ground. She offers him a smile and a wave before stuffing her hands back into her pockets. "Tell me where you want me!" Maeve chirps, moving to examine the plans while they wait for the rest to gather.



Maeve brings herself and Aidon! She waits for further instructions.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
She has a British accent when she speaks.
Feel free to use power play on Maeve. Just don't hurt her too badly or kill her.
Remi Taliesin
the Lullaby


Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 14 - Strg: 67 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 93 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 10,511 | Total: 15,805
MP: 3859
#3
REMI
'What are you doing here?' The words are out and more than a touch gruffly, before the alchemist can think better of it. Frowning at Maeve, Hotaru's recent trek across the world with their newborns still a bright and prickly thorn in his paw, has the madam's presence here immediately ruffling his feathers. In his hair, Oria gives a sharp tug of one of his curls, and though her small presence is mostly hidden by his hair, her bright and disappointed chittering was easily heard by all. Still frowning, though more at himself now than the Nightshade, Remi swallows and gives his head an apologetic shake.

"Sorry, what I meant was...I am surprised to see you here, given your newborn." Clearly not pregnant anymore by the look of her, it didn't take a genius to figure out that Maeve had obviously given birth.

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
Posts: 3,062 | Total: 5,479
MP: 1825
#4
and still she bloomed
"Maeve? What are you doing here?" came the bright voice of the midwife as she stepped through the trees. She had been making her rounds within the Greatwood, finding the familiarity of the forest a nice change from Stormbreak. Or maybe it was because Remi and Ronin were there that she had decided to extend her stay. The world may never know.

She knew very well that Maeve had recently given birth to her child, having been the attending midwife that helped deliver the child. Why was she all the way out here? The demigoddess didn't question where the child was, knowing all too well how the brothel workers came together to help raise each other's children. Instead she wondered why she wasn't back home resting still! Straining her body wouldn't be good, even if she was fully healed. She had a baby to keep fed most of the time after all! Physical stress could cause her to stop producing! But alas, this was Maeve's decision to make - she could only advise against it.

For the moment though she smiled in greeting to Remi before looking over at Ronin. "Thought I might come and help while I was in the area!" she said brightly.
Phoebe
in the way she was meant to

Code blatantly stolen from the fantastical, wonderful Odd
Phoebe is under the effect of:
Glamour (Passive) | Constantly appears the pinnacle of beauty, airbrushed, soft glowy, and impervious to anything that would destroy the illusion (like rain, dirt, etc.)

PIM
&
BRANBAST
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 68 - Endr: 69 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
Posts: 6,225 | Total: 10,185
MP: 8989
#5
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Deimos had been in the area, assisting with a variety of tasks throughout the Deepfrost’s reign; a time for some manner of penance, reparations, and damage control. After helping with Juniper, and extending whatever necessities there, there’d been note of a skyport being hastened and built along the Observatory. He hadn’t been witness to any being built; Halo hadn’t had any in its isolated sanction. Curiosity compelled, and if they required more aid, he was already there – figuring his magic and skills might be of some use.

Permitting his companions to stay out of the way, he went to join those already there, granting a nod to each by way of greeting. “I can help, if you still need some,” he gestured and rumbled to Ronin and the assembled crew. If not, he could always be on his way, and there’d be no offense taken.
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead


Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
Posts: 1,381 | Total: 1,381
MP: 0
#6
Random Event
Like the end of a Hitchcock movie,
a little dark and a lot confusing

You're all gathered and ready to go; it's silent up here on top of the world, with only treetops and snow-clogged clouds to keep you company. Distantly, something chirps and hoots through the branches. Icy branches creak. And it's time to work.

First, there's a matter of scouting out the area, to ensure it is a good fit for the port to go and to test the branches for strength. It would also be worth ensuring the current walkway is fit for purpose. Oh, and there's the matter of checking over the supplies.



Welcome to the PQ+ to assemble the skyport in the Greatwood!

We need 2 characters to scout out the branches, 2 to test the existing walkway, and 1 to check the supplies!

You have 24 hours to reply. Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Your randomly chosen posting order is Deimos, Maeve, Phoebe, Ronin, Remi
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 68 - Endr: 69 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
Posts: 6,225 | Total: 10,185
MP: 8989
#7
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
With the gatherings, and subsequent necessities in place, Deimos eyed the branches nearby. His eagle shift would be capable of winding his way through the boughs, testing out some parameters of strength, while still maintaining height amidst the canopies. If necessary, he could always sit on them as a tiger and see how well they held up. “I can scout,” he rumbled, managing to nod towards the others, before shifting.

Sienna plumes and feathers soared along, intending to search and survey the denizens and properties: talons gripping ahold of some proportions, tugging to see if they’d break apart easily, or landing firmly on them, testing the weight. If they couldn’t hold his form, they certainly weren’t going to be enough for what the rest intended.

--

Deimos shifts into an eagle and goes to scout the branches!
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,393 | Total: 3,240
MP: 867
#8
Maeve

Her smile is instant at the sight of Remi, ready to extend a greeting to the Lullaby, but she's met with a surprising irritation from him instead. It falters, the light in her eyes dimming and she looks down, feeling chastised despite the fact that she hasn't done anything wrong. Maeve swallows thickly, shifting from foot to foot before she squares her shoulders, taking a steadying breath. "I promised Ronin I would help ages ago..." She starts, trailing off when Phoebe appears too, seeming just as cross with her as Remi.

Maeve draws her bottom lip between her teeth, "Edmund's with the girls. He's doing well. Very healthy. I could manage to be away for a bit." The Nightshade finally finishes. Whether they realize it or not, she already had to leave Edmund more than they might think appropriate thanks to her position over Torchline, but she couldn't push off her duties forever. Starting with this. "I'll take the walkway."

With that, the queen heads for the walkway, Aidon trailing behind in the air to keep a close eye in case anything were to happen.



Maeve takes the walkway with Aidon keeping an eye on her in case something happens.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
She has a British accent when she speaks.
Feel free to use power play on Maeve. Just don't hurt her too badly or kill her.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
Posts: 3,062 | Total: 5,479
MP: 1825
#9
and still she bloomed
Phoebe had built, rebuilt, and helped build many structures since arriving in Caido. Her midwifery shop, the College, the Halenani (sort of) being the highlights. Though she wasn't terribly familiar with the area and lacked the ability to fly, she was certain she had one bit of expertise she could rely on. "I will go check on the supplies!" The Nightingale piped up. She could at least make sure they had the essentials for construction and inventory what she didn't recognize for those who had built a skyport before.

And so she headed over to the pile of supplies, ready to search through what they had available.



Phoebe looks through the supplies!
Phoebe
in the way she was meant to

Code blatantly stolen from the fantastical, wonderful Odd
Phoebe is under the effect of:
Glamour (Passive) | Constantly appears the pinnacle of beauty, airbrushed, soft glowy, and impervious to anything that would destroy the illusion (like rain, dirt, etc.)

PIM
&
BRANBAST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova


Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 5,929 | Total: 15,898
MP: 2501
#10
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes
Ronin doesn't verbally remark on any of the party dynamics, but he does lean in to sneak a kiss to Remi's cheek, as if in silent acknowledgement of the things he's dealing with that the Huntsman simply isn't these days. But then everyone gets to work and he can't resist a smile to watch them branch off in their separate ways. "I'll test the walkways as well," he decides, glancing over his shoulder to his husband. "My phoenix shift isn't as sleek and agile as your hawk," he points out.

And so, following after Maeve with Sugar coiled around his shoulders, Ronin sets off as well to test for any icy patches, any creaking boards, any suggestion that the path won't hold the weight of a bunch of people working.



Ronin takes the walkway as well!
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Lullaby


Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 14 - Strg: 67 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 93 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 10,511 | Total: 15,805
MP: 3859
#11
we are like birds of a feather, we are two hearts thrown together
'We could easily have handled this. It is not worth portalling for." Remi says, but quickly Oria is slapping at one of his ears to try and lock his lips in place. Grumbling to himself, the alchemist sighs into the kiss pressed quickly against his cheek wondering why he found it so hard to keep his emotions in check these days. Running the heel of his hand across one of his eyes, Remi tries to call out an apology to Maeve, but the Queen is already off with his husband in tow.

Shifting, Remi takes to the skies as a hawk. Anything catch your eye? He calls across to Deimos. Skywhales tend to travel quite high up. I think other species could probably adapt to having a port here. He says of smaller songbirds and predatory fliers like themselves.




Remi shifts into a hawk and scouts!
THE ALCHEMIST
we will be forever as one, my brother under the sun
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.


Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
Posts: 1,381 | Total: 1,381
MP: 0
#12
Random Event
Like the end of a Hitchcock movie,
a little dark and a lot confusing

For Phoebe things are the most simple. Preparations have been made to get the supplies and equipment in good working order, and though there's nothing outstanding about the planks, nails and other gathered items and tools, nothing is broken and it's all in working order. That's probably a good thing, too, because they might need some of those tools very shortly - and not necessarily for building.

Maeve and Ronin find the walkways slick with ice - no surprise there. And it's the former who takes a tumble, sliding on the slippery planks and thumping down hard. The Huntsman keeps his balance, just about, but there will need to be some remediations put in place before the area is safe to build on. And if they aren't careful, they might slip right out of the Observatory completely.

Deimos and Remi meanwhile find the trees stark and empty for the most part, but things are rather overgrown in some places. There's a slightly more sinister problem too - amongst the trees, one is not like the others. And as it slithers up and curls around the Lullaby, he'll realise too late that it's a Wicker Woman intending to snare him. Uh oh!



Lots to do!

- Maeve has fallen on the ice. The walkways need to be made safe.
- Parts of the tree branches are overgrown and need to be made clear for skyboats to land.
- A Wicker Woman has taken a liking to Remi and has snared him.

You have 24 hours to reply. Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Your randomly chosen posting order is Deimos, Maeve, Phoebe, Ronin, Remi
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 68 - Endr: 69 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
Posts: 6,225 | Total: 10,185
MP: 8989
#13
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Bonds intermingled, and the eagle shook his head towards the hawk. No. Just overgrown branches. Which would make it difficult to position any kind of port. I am going to shift back and see if I can do anything about it.

So sure enough, he landed – beneath some of the more twisted and gnarled, barely any light passing through. Glancing upwards, he strived to utilize his earth incantations, intending to pull the boughs and branches back from one another, striving to make a more open area without mauling the timber and woods themselves.

But he could’ve sworn he heard a commotion through all of it; but not seeing it, due to all the overgrowth. Furrowing his brows, he sent another pulse through the Attuned measures. You all right? Do you need help? Not to underestimate Remi by any means, but simply out of general concern – for there were always uncertain parameters in any midst.

--

Deimos shifts back into human form and tries to use his Mastered Earth magic to pull branches and boughs back from one another, intending to create a more open space.

Earth Manipulation: Can create and control the earth. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
Posts: 2,393 | Total: 3,240
MP: 867
#14
Maeve

There will likely be time for apologies later. They had plenty of work to do and it wasn't like they'd be escaping each other anytime soon. However, there is work to be done. Namely checking the walkway. It's unsurprising that it's iced up, but the snow does a good job of hiding it. Her feet slip and there isn't anything to grab onto aside from Ronin. Something she attempts just a touch too late. Maeve falls hard onto her back, hitting her head with a solid enough crack to make her see stars, air leaving her lungs in a rush. "Fuck.." She wheezes, sitting up slowly as she reaches back to touch the tender spot on the back of her head, thankful her fingers don't come back bloody.

Aidon moves to help keep her study, letting her brace a hand against his shoulder, ready to catch her should she slip again. Maeve looks to Ronin, pursing her lips, "We need to clear this ice off before we can try to prevent it. Aidon could try to melt the worst of it away. Wood is wet enough I doubt it would catch."



Maeve suggests having Aidon melt some of the ice and snow so they can properly prepare the walkway.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
She has a British accent when she speaks.
Feel free to use power play on Maeve. Just don't hurt her too badly or kill her.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


RPG-D