Plot Advancing PQ stairway to heaven
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
and still she bloomed
Phoebe took careful inventory of all of the items laid before her. Wood, nails, hammers, other assorted tools she recognized but frankly didn't know the name for - it seemed all was very much in place and in order! A lucky thing given that these types of projects inevitably had something go wrong. Once the last thing was checked off her list, she couldn't help but grin. Well then! Nice and simple! How refreshing!

How likely short lived it would be.

"Inventory is good. Anyone else need help?" Phoebe asked, reaching out with her attuned bond to those who could hear her.

Phoebe finishes the inventory and uses the attuned bond to ask if others need help.
Phoebe
in the way she was meant to

Code blatantly stolen from the fantastical, wonderful Odd
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes
Not unlike Deimos, Ronin is oblivious to any commotion that might be going on in the branches, because there are immediate problems that need solving here on the walkways. "Oh, shit," he blurts as he watches Maeve go down, but it looks as though her companion has it in hand. He gets the feeling that 'help' won't be all that helpful when it comes to dealing with slippery pathways, so instead he tries to deal with the problem itself.

"I've got it. You just worry about whether you're okay," he suggests with a soft smile her way, promptly shifting one of his arms into the fanning crimson of a phoenix's feathers, brushing it along the icy path to melt it. Phoebe, could you bring the tools over and set them down on the places I've cleared? he sends back through the bond.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
Wooden fingers latch around Remi's small body and it takes nearly all of his willpower not to suddenly shift and let his kraken form break every branch of the Wicker Woman. But the tree is part of the Greatwood and so just as much under his protection, even if its gnarled fingers were going to break his hollow bones should he let this continue.

No I think I am..fi..n..e Remi replies to Deimos, though even his mental voice has started to slur with the hallucinogens that the tree has bombarded his small body with. Shifting back, the alchemist grits his teeth against his instinctive responses before letting his body fade away into nothingness before the tree can get any more of its toxins into him.

Remi shifts into his body and becomes a wraith to evade the tree.

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Random Event
Like the end of a Hitchcock movie,
a little dark and a lot confusing

Maeve manages to get herself back on her feet well enough, and though it's wobbly going and a bit of stumbling is done by both she and Ronin, no one else ends up on their backside. Indeed, with the aid of a phoenix shift, the walkway is soon nothing more than damp, and their winter boots will make easy navigation of it all. Building can now begin!

Deimos has the right idea with using his Earth Manipulation, and the trees and branches are easily teased away and weaved in elsewhere, baring the sky to the party. Perfect for a new skyport, one might say. And as for Remi, becoming a wraith certainly solves the Wicker Woman problem - for him, anyway.

With its prey lost, the meddlesome tree weaves and flails its way about towards a new target. And since Deimos is closest, he'll be the one to find it lacing around his leg. All in good fun, eh?

The walkway is clear of ice and building can begin! The following tasks are available:

- Use the planks and nails to build a frame to fix to the end of the walkway (two people).
- Carve notches into logs to be used to allow the boats to be tethered.

Remi is free from the Wicker Woman and the air is clear of branches, but the Woman has taken a liking to Deimos now. Oops!

You have 24 hours to reply. Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Your randomly chosen posting order is Deimos, Maeve, Phoebe, Ronin, Remi
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
With Remi apparently fine (though he still remained uncertain, given the way the response had flickered), and the branches maneuvered, the Sword thought he’d hasten back to where they’d all started, snag at another portion of the task. However, things wouldn’t be so simple, so easy, in the midst of the woods.

Fresh off prior encounters with a Wicker Woman, Deimos narrowed his eyes at the lacing bombardments of the flora, seeking out his leg. There were multiple options (fire being a particular favorite, but he wasn’t about to set the whole grove in an inferno; it would defeat the purpose of why they were all here today). Utilizing his Earth enchantments again, he sought to curl, contort, and coil the bough away, and no longer be in its grasp.

--

Deimos tries to use his Mastered Earth on the Wicker Woman in efforts to free himself.

Earth Manipulation: Can create and control the earth. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve rubs at the knot forming on the back of her head, wincing at the tenderness, knowing it's going to smart later one. She'll be lucky if she doesn't get a headache after this. The Nightshade looks over to Ronin, watching as he gets rid of the snow that's covering the walkway, leaving them with just damp wood in its place. "I'll get the nails if you get the planks." Maeve suggests, knowing that she won't be able to carry the heavy materials with the same ease that Ronin can. Instead she focuses on the things she can handle.

With Aidon at her side, the queen retrieves the sack of nails and a large hammer for nailing them into place, joining Ronin at the end of the walkway once more so she can hammer things once it's time for that.

Maeve gets the nails and a hammer! She waits for Ronin to start working.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
and still she bloomed
Phoebe perked up at the sound of Ronin's voice through their attuned bond. "Got it! I'll be right there!" she replied, gathering up the various tools and supplies needed to build the walkway. It would take a few trips, given that putting supplies on her own back was difficult to do with hooves for hand, but soon enough the nails and tools and wood were all dispersed along the path where Ronin had indicated.

Seeing Maeve all ready to set to her own task with Ronin beside her, Phoebe took the opportunity to reassess what needed doing. Clearly some sort of notch would be needed in the logs for the skyboats to dock and recalled seeing similar structures in both Torchline and Stormbreak. So the midwife knelt down, picking up a good carving knife, and set to the task of carving notches.

Phoebe distributes the tools/supplies and sets to carving notches in the logs!
Phoebe

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Hammering nails Ronin can do - and he can grab up the planks as well with ease. So with a pulse of appreciation down the Attuned bond to Phoebe and a spirited nod to Maeve, he sets off to get to work. By rights he shouldn't be able to transport the supplies with the ease that he does, and yet that's exactly what happens. (Whether or not he'll be successful in getting them where they need to be is another thing entirely, but at least he can heft them up without an issue).

Crossing (hopefully) across to Maeve to lean down and place the planks between them, he marks out where they need to be hammered and joined into place according to a diagram he's sketched out, and proceeds to hold the nails for the madame to whack them in place. "Mind my fingers," he jokes.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
"Now do you need help?" Remi wonders once he's corporeal again, watching as the tree begins to feel up the Sword. With wings sprouting from his back, Remi rises toward the treetops but not before grabbing several lengths of rope. Instead of cutting down the trees with crown and cower together above their proposed Skyport, Remi instead means to redirect their growth.

Lacing the rope around some of the sturdier boughs, he flies in the opposite direction of the Port in order to bind the rope to another tree. Though at first the trees will no doubt resist this change in their growth patterns, over time he hopes that they will naturally begin to reshape themselves.

Remi takes several lengths' of rope, and pulls the treetops away from where the skyport is meant to go, so that they can continue to grow without cutting them down.

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Random Event
Like the end of a Hitchcock movie,
a little dark and a lot confusing

Well aren't you productive little beans? In a series of events that are considerably boring (but much easier to write about), nothing at all goes wrong this round. Between Remi and Deimos, the Wicker Woman is safely secured out of the way and the trees are offered extra support and protection to continue growing even whilst the skyships do their work.

And down on the walkway, walking is safe and easy now, notches are carved with ease into wooden posts by Phoebe, and between Maeve and Ronin the framework begins to come together nicely (no sore thumbs between these two!)

Now there are more tasks to get on with:

- Another frame needs to be constructed using the planks and nails: these are going to be used to allow the ships to drift into port and stop them bumping into each other. (Two people!)
- The first frame now needs to be affixed to the walkway where the trees have been cleared. (Two people!)
- The walkway needs some extra protection using rope as a railing. Rope is available and needs to be made into a rail. (One person!)

You have 24 hours to reply. Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Your randomly chosen posting order is Deimos, Maeve, Phoebe, Ronin, Remi
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Freed from the Wicker Woman’s grasp, Deimos shook his head towards Remi. “No.” There’d no need for fierce liberations; and there were far more things to accomplish than being waylaid by a tree again. All clear, he advanced towards where a frame needed to be constructed.

Eyeing the planks and nails, and having been amidst construction a multitude of times now, Deimos got to work, striving to assist in building the structure. If necessary, he’d even apply his creation magic, intending to ensure the shell and support system was strong, and enduring. Especially for incoming ships, drifting within the space.

--

Deimos goes to help with the other frame being constructed, applying his Creation Magic to help in the process.

Creation: When combined with Mastered Air, Mastered Earth, Mastered Water, and Mastered fire, can create 2 magical items per season (with admin approval). Without mastering the four elements, can create well-made complex machines, and an unlimited number of regular items per thread limited by endurance stat. Small items last their natural lifespan. Medium and large items degrade after a season. Complex machines (a telescope, music box, etc) must be created with the knowledge of the character (i.e., cannot create a machine you don't understand/wouldn't be able to build with relevant tools)
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The first frame is finished and Maeve is thankful that she manages not to hurt either of their thumbs! A bonus in her book. The Nightshade stands, rolling her neck and shoulders a few times as she works some of the slight ache away. Deimos seems content to start construction on the other frame and she shifts her attention to Ronin, "Perhaps you and Remi will be better suited moving this than you and I. I'll help Deimos." Maeve decides, giving Ronin a small smile and shifting over to where Deimos is working.

Hammer in hand, the queen begins to work on the next frame. It's easier this time now that she has an idea of what to do and she's content to follow Deimos's lead on constructing, offering a few tips here and there if needed, but content to work quietly otherwise.

Maeve shifts to help Deimos build the other frame!
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
and still she bloomed
Phoebe, happy with her work on the notches for docking the boat, picked up some rope that had been brought along. The walkway itself was fine enough now, but it would be better if there was something to hold onto - especially if the planks iced over again! And so she set to the task of carefully looping the rope through strategically placed wooden posts, tying strong knots and leaving just enough slack to press against, but not so much as to make the rope rail useless. It took time as she worked her way from the bottom to the top of the walkway, but eventually a rope railing was in place for future visitors to lean against if need be.

Phoebe makes the rope rail!
Phoebe

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Ronin can't help but smile as he watches everyone go to work, and he gives the first frame an experimental knock with his knuckles, as if proving to himself how solid it is. Nodding to Maeve, he climbs to his feet and hefts up one side of the frame, already whistling for his nimbus so he can work suspended in the air. He's done it once before when constructing the government treehouse out in the Greatwood - this is nothing.

"Would I be able to count on a big, strong man to give me a hand?" he wonders aloud, pitching his voice higher and waggling his eyebrows towards Remi. Should the other man come and help lift the other side of the frame, together they should be able to hold it in place while getting it properly attached to the existing walkway.
RONIN