they say in mourn, love comes first
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

When he and Edy had been wading through the waters of the tunnel, Sam hadn't thought it would go anywhere, really; he'd been in it because he was having a nice time adventuring with Edy and if they eventually came up to a dead end, well. At least they weren't in danger of drowning.

As it turned out though, the tunnel had lead somewhere. It had taken a long, long time. A lot of distance travelled later they'd emerged in a beautiful, clear field, which felt very jarring to where they had just been. Feeling like he didn't fit in with his mucky clothes and wet hair, Sam had made a note of the location on the way back (through the Wilds, because he didn't fancy another tunnel-trip) so he could return. Maybe the Prince had made the same journey, and had found within the Wilds somewhere close to a sanctuary.

Honestly, at this point, Sam wasn't sure what he was going to try when it came to the Prince, but his determination had to count for something, right? Maybe he'd see that he was happy here, in the more pleasant King's End, and be able to leave him there.

Isla and Edy with him (because while he had dreams of it ending so peacefully, he knew having others also wasn't a bad idea), they'd headed out into the Wilds. It was evening by the time they arrived in Mourn, and a crisp grey had taken over the sky and air around them. Stepping out onto a large valley, Sam looked back to his adventuring companions. "He could really be anywhere around here, so I suppose we may as well just...go on a walk. We might come across something that seems like somewhere he could hide, or some other sign."
I was not ready for the road
I was so discontent to wear that heavy load
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
EDY

Edy, dressed like she was dressed both for a motorcycle voyage and a BDSM session, was clad all in black leather with inappropriate slits in the sides, chest, and up the thighs. Given she couldn't really get cold though and given that the sex room was back in the Grounds, maybe it wasn't actually that inappropriate given who her travelling companions were.

"Okay okay. So tell me what we know again? The Prince used to be a man we think, who was boning that woman, and so far he doesn't seem to give any fucks about like...coming back into the fold, or you know, not living like a mouldy piece of shit underground?" Running her tongue across her front teeth, the Rapacious raises a brow toward Sam. "That about it?"
i want to k i _ _ you.
(answers may vary)
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
ISLA

Isla, a new recruit to this Prince business, is appropriately befuddled to hear Edrei's summary(ish) of the situation. "What woman?" she asks with a tilt of her head, shifting her medical bag to her other hand and turning up the collar on her coat. Unlike Edy, she's dressed as if she still gives a shit about the season, and the smattering of snow on the ground crunches beneath her boots as they emerge in Mourn.

"This place is beautiful," she remarks. "Did you say you got here through a tunnel before? I wonder if we might be able to create something like a bolt hole for the people of the Grounds to use, if things go sour..." But back to the Prince for now. Isla glances at the snowfall, tilting her head. "Hoping that there will be footprints is a bit much, I'm guessing."
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Samuel

Sam looked over to Edy as she ran through the current situation, (trying not to look at all the various areas revealed by her outfit, resulting in his eyes darting about her body awkwardly) nodding as she got it right. "Yes. Well...as far as we've found out on our journey so far. The bit before that would be that he was some kind of early Ascended, and that he seems to be in quite a bit of pain."

He didn't want to lose their focus, after all, which was meant to be helping the Prince. Once could argue his insistence in the face of such resistance from their recipient of mercy was not help, but...Sam couldn't help but feel once the Prince understood what they were trying to do, he'd come with them.

As for catching Isla up, he turned in the snow, still walking along, just now going backwards. A dangerous game when one was as clumsy and dorky as Sam, but he felt the need to show off a little in front of Edy. By walking backwards. Because she'd definitely think that was cool. "Yes, we did, though it was a very long walk through a flooded tunnel." He wasn't sure that would actually be practical for any kind of escape route.

Turning back to face the right way as elegantly as he could (a little stumble, but one he recovered from) he shook his head and glanced around. "I'd say the first thing to look for is any little sheltered areas. Caves, canopies, overhangs...I assume the Prince is like us and doesn't spend much time in the sun. He leaves...slime...everywhere too, so if you see anything like that..."
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
EDY

"Fucks a bolt hole?" Edy asks conversationally, her head tilted slightly in Isla's direction. In her mind she imagined some sort of massive device that just launched you as if you were an arrow.

Suddenly, she very much hoped that's what Isla did mean.

'If he feels pain, d'you think he gets cold too? Like, will he have built a fire? Wait, do you think he eats?" Raising a hand to her eyes to cut the glare from the sun, Edy looks around this strange new landscape with a frown. So far it was a fuckton of snow that cast a blinding light that made her skin itch.

Maybe she should have covered up more.
i want to k i _ _ you.
(answers may vary)
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
ISLA

Tunnels can be unflooded, but Isla leaves thoughts like that for another day. Her brows draw together in a concerned frown as they set off, and whilst she sees no footprints (or slime, ew) that might belong to the prince, she does leave a set of prints of her own. "The poor thing," she remarks, tugging her scarf up over her nose and mouth and shading her eyes from the light as she peers out over Mourn.

"A bolt hole is a place where prey like rabbits run to get away from danger. They bolt into the hole," she explains, before pointing out into the distance. "There are some stone benches over there, I think. Could it have hidden beneath one of them? I can't confess to seeing many caves about, unless he's gone deeper into King's End."
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel

"I...don't know if he eats. I mean, if he is an early Ascended, the Voice is very insistent on getting rid of 'unnecessary' functions of our bodies. I imagine eating would be one of the first she would have tried to get rid of, right?" Really though, Sam was just wondering aloud; he had no more information than anyone else in terms of the Prince's abilities or physicality.

That Isla had chosen a metaphor that cast them as scared rabbits was probably fair, given their position in the war, but it made his heart sink. Even their leaders thought they were helpless against the torrent of power the Old Gods would send their way.

But he tried to focus his mind on the current situation. "Maybe, though I don't know if he's small enough to hide under a bench...he doesn't like me much. But maybe if you two called for him? We learnt his name, I think, last time...it's..Oh Gods, I can't remember." He tapped his head a couple of times, flabbergasted that he'd forgotten. "Maybe just call to say we're here to help if theres anyone out here?"
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDY

"So...just a hole, then." Edy repeats with a brow raised before giving her boney shoulders a shrug, before turning an incredulous eye toward Sam. "You forgot his fuckin name? This slimy wart you've been pining over for years?" Tossing her head back, she laughs brightly.

"HEYO PRINCE. WE'VE GOT A DEAL FOR YOU." The Rapacious shouts, her voice clear and powerful as she belts the words out into the air, predictably without talking things over with Isla or Sam first. "IF YOU COME HERE AND SAY "LEAVE ME ALONE FOREVER" WE PROMISE WE WILL." Edy was not above lying, and if what the Prince really wanted was to be left alone, this seemed like fairly enticing bait.

"SAM WILL EVEN GET NAKED AND DO AN APOLOGY DANCE, IF YOU WANT." She adds after a moment's consideration, mostly because she just sort of wanted to see that herself.
i want to k i _ _ you.
(answers may vary)
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA

"I guess just a hole, yeah," Isla says with a small smile, and she raises her eyebrows to hear all these things (or lack thereof) about the Prince that she's never been aware of before. "If he's an early Ascended then I don't suppose he would eat..." she echoes, transferring her medical bag from one hand to the other. It's about at that time, though, that Edrei decides her own method of persuasion.

Isla almost jumps at first, not expecting such a... uh, a spirited display, and she raises her eyebrows at Sam as if to ask him whether this is better or worse when it comes to finding the Prince. "Is getting naked a necessary part of the apology dance?" she asks.
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

There won't be any reply to Edy's screams, other than the angry flutter of a few birds. In fact, there doesn't seem to be any trace of the Prince at all. Though it's true he did flee this way, any tracks that might have led you after him are long gone by now.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel

"I've been doing a lot lately!" Sam said back to Edy, exasperated and pushing a hand through his hair. He'd never been the most mentally organised person anyway; while she yelled, for the most part he ignored it and searched his brain for the name. It had to be in there. Em....Emmett....No. Em....Emyr! He straightened up and held out a hand, about to announce he remembered it, when he tuned into Edy's shouting at just the right time to hear his own name.

He absolutely was not getting naked for anything out here. "I WILL NOT!" He called out into the air, making sure anything that might be listening knew that. "I don't even know what an apology dance is."

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your view), it didn't seem like anything out there was picking up on Edy's words. Sam sighed and looked around, pretty sure the Prince wouldn't have stayed here. It was too exposed, too bright. "If you were the Prince...I think he might have gone somewhere like the Feverlands. It's wet and there's a lot of places to hide. Maybe we should start walking that way?" He suggested, looking between his two companions.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
EDY

Clucking her tongue, Edy wheels around and does her best to wrap her hand over Sam's mouth. "Shut up!" She hisses brightly. "It doesn't matter. The point is to lure it out. Besides, if you'v never tried getting naked for it, how do you know that isn't exactly what it wants??"

Find a flaw in that logic. I dare you.

But then absolutely nothing at all happens, which makes Edy feel a bit smug and triumphant. "See? You should have gotten naked." She huffs, pulling her hand away, but not before trying to annoyingly stick one of her fingers into Sam's mouth just to be a shit.

'Sure why not. It's swampy and gross just like him." Edy says with an agreeable shrug.
i want to k i _ _ you.
(answers may vary)
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA

Isla isn't an expert on these things, but she swears that what she's seeing between Sam and Edrei is flirting. Granted, anything Edy does on any sort of day might count as flirting, but with someone like Sam, this is definitely an affectionate sort of bullying. Clearing her throat, she glances around and waits until it's completely clear that there's not going to be an answer from the Prince before nodding her agreement.

"The Feverlands would offer a lot more shade," she says, not that she even knows which direction the swamp lays in. "We ought to be careful how far out we decide to go, though." The sun aside, she was still supposed to be Overseer for the Grounds. She can't do much of that - or tending to patients - while adventuring.
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel

"You seem to really want me to get nake--aghghgh." Sam was about to bite down on Edy's finger as she shoved it in his mouth, finding that the more time he spent with her, the more immature he got too. Thankfully she removed it in time, so he wiped off his mouth and tried to look dignified in front of their leader of the Grounds.

Clearing his throat, he nodded and looked off in the direction that would eventually take them to the Feverlands. "Yes. If you feel you need to return to the Grounds, me and Edy could continue further - I doubt the Prince is going to be too much for us to handle, unless he's gained more power since we last saw him." And since he was now on the surface, Sam doubted that. "Let's go, then? We could make a camp once we find somewhere with good shade in the swamp. There are some dry spots."

{FIN}
(to be continued in the Feverlands)