[se] so step right out
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
the lullaby
Love isn't all that it seems
I did you wrong
"Well enough." Remi replies with a small shrug, sounding both humble and wary at the same time. The good times were gone before he had a chance to enjoy them these days such that it was almost an act of blasphemy to just assert that yes, things were good.

Unable to comment on Frey's mindset, the alchemist can only snort a crackle of amusement. "Having not had siblings, I would not know." He replies with a chuckle and roll of his eyes. He supposed he could understand what it was she was getting at, but having always been at the forefront of this runaway train that was demigoodhood, it was hard to empathize.

"How is that coming? Anything I can help with?" He had already but depending on what it was she needed, Remi was sure he could probably find time to help collect other things for her. Watching her cradle Enzo, the alchemist sighs, before Flora's cries drag his attention away. The jingle bug having fled her field of view caused large crocodile tears to well up in her eyes. "Oh, amore mio." He croons, reaching for her. "It is not so bad as all that, is it?" In his arms the girl seemed to decide that no, it was not so bad.

'They really do.' He agrees, turning back to Phoebe. "I keep waiting for these two to suddenly...sprout, as Mateo did." As all the children did, it seemed.
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
"Well enough?" she repeated as a question, a brow raising slightly. Had Remi been on the receiving end of another of Ludo's less than kind tricks once again? Or was he just generally hesitant to admit to contentment or happiness - not that she could blame him for either.

Phoebe smiled and shrugged a bit. "I always wanted to be like my older sisters. Jenna was the oldest. And the prettiest. She always had so man suitors pa said he could lay out honey traps to catch them like flies in the yard." she said with a giggle. "Bridget was very principled. But she was very respected. No one crossed Bridgy. And Cora...Cora was mischievous. She could talk her way out of anything." she said and smiled at him. "Having siblings is just having someone you would die for, want to be like, but also want to choke out all at he same time some days." she explained.

The Nightingale considered briefly. "I still need mud from the Tar Pits and fruit from the Oerwoud." she said, glancing up at him. "It's been hard to go far with all the babies being born. I can't be gone long or I'll miss the labor." she said. Really she needed to start taking fewer clients...but saying no was so hard!

Flora's cries caught her attention and she glanced over just as Remi scooped her up. "What does that mean? Ah-moray mee-yo?" she said, getting the words right but thoroughly butchering the pronunciation in her common tongue accent.

"It is strange...but I suppose it makes sense." she said, considering the tiny boy in her arms. "Perhaps it is an act of the gods. The smaller a child is, the more vulnerable they are in a war." she said. They had witnessed that themselves in their own words. "I am glad you have come here...a bit further away from the main cities." It was the vacancy of the Greatwood that made it a good haven for Remi and his family. Why target the wood when the Grounds and Stormbreak were the major havens of the two opposing forces?
not many knew her struggle
but eventually all knew her light
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
I did you wrong
Furrowing his brow slightly, Remi tried to flip back in his memory to recall if Phoebe had ever mentioned her family before. He didn't think she had, not to him, but then, had he ever asked? "I don't remember ever hearing you speak of them before...did they come to Northaven?" He wonders, not able to place their names but perhaps context would help jog his memory.

"Mmm. Well I could do either. I'm sure Mateo would like to go adventuring to either place." The alchemist offers, before blushing slightly. "I did not realize I even said it." He says with a chuckle. "It means my love." Remi explains. "The language is called the Travelling Tongue...spoken mostly by merchants and such like my mother and father." He adds.
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe shook her head. "My older brother Brahm did - Roana's husband." she said. "But my sisters already had husbands and children by the time recruitment to go to Northaven started. I was the only one eligible." she explained. The rules that had governed their world now seemed odd and nonsensical, but she had been but a common girl whose opinion or questions mattered naught in the face of royalty adamant in their rightness. All she could do now was try to keep the same fate from reaching Caido.

"What would you say to a trip to the Oerwoud? Maybe you could even teach me a few demigod fighting tactics along the way!" she said with a laugh. Remi was without a doubt the most powerful of all the demigods, closely followed by Ronin she thought. Any tips or tricks she could learn would surely be helpful, even if she would be of greatest use behind the frontlines once the war did break out.

"It sounds like a beautiful language." she said with a grin. "Will you teach your children to speak it too?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
I did you wrong
Brahm was before his time, and most of his interactions with Roana had come here in Caido. Still, the alchemist nods and then shakes his head with a smirk. "Gods, it all seems like a lifetime ago, doesn't it? Sometimes I hear names of those we knew and places from there and wonder how I could ever have forgotten them. And then other times..." Other times he couldn't remember the names of his neighbours, or those he had worked with.

Snorting, Remi gives his friend a look. "I do not think you will ever be able to fight the way I do." He points out with a grin. "But sure, if you like."

As for the Travelling Tongue? "Mateo has picked up a lot of it already. Curse worse mostly." He adds with a crooked smile and apologetic shrug. "As for these two? I have not spoken with Hotaru, so I cannot say." Though Remi couldn't think of a reason why something like that shouldn't be passed down, he was still hesitant about making choices without speaking to the Valkyrie, even if the pair weren't on the best terms just now.
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
Phoebe nodded in agreement, a small smile on her lips. "It has, but the years are still few enough to be counted on one hand. But...I don't think I have ever done so many things in such a short amount of time before." she said with a light laugh. Two plagues, multiple LongNights filled with death, a collage, a brothel, three lovers, two lost children, one spite wedding - all she needed was a partridge in a pear tree!

She grinned, laughing lightly at the notion. "Perhaps not, but maybe it will help me discover how I will fight in ways you could never." she proposed...though mostly in jest. She was a healer to the bone - but it couldn't hurt to know a thing or two about a right hook.

The Nightingale couldn't help her laughter at the thought of Mateo only knowing curse words in the travelling tongue. "I am sure Hotaru wouldn't mind them learning a language that is part of their heritage. Twins have a tendency of making up their own languages anyways." One way or another they were likely to speak something other than the common tongue, even if it was of their own making.

Gently, Phoebe placed Enzo back in his little carrier, before standing and dusting snow off her heavy skirts. "I should probably head back though for now. Do you want help bringing the children back to your home before I do?" she asked with a smile. She would be seeing Remi again soon after all for their little trip into the Oerwoud! It was nice to have plans, she realized, rather than going for stretches, not knowing when she would see the Lullaby next.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
I did you wrong
"The easiest way might be to ask Frey for a shift that already had those instincts." Remi points out with a small shrug. "I have been a hawk since I was a young boy, but it was the lion that truly taught me how to fight. Even now though I am nothing more than my strength in hand-to-hand combat." He adds. Still, he'd absolutely help if he could.

As for the twins? Glancing down at them, Remi chuckles. "I think we will stay out here a little longer. Let me know when you would like to meet in the jungle, and I will be there." He says with a nod, before wings stretch from his spine and the longest of his flight feathers lower down to the babes who each try and reach out for them with cackles of laughter.

~FIN
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone