{SE} snowflake kisses
For Ray <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

After her first venture into powdery fluff of snow that blanketed the Greatwood, Maeve couldn't help longing to go back even as the temperature continued to drop. This time she wanted to bring Edmund. He seemed to be growing by the day. Despite the fact that it seemed like only yesterday since she had her son he was already beginning to toddle around all on his own. So she did the only proper thing. She bundled him up in the warmest clothes she could get. Complete with a little hat, gloves, and boots. Together with Ray they headed for the portal intent on a little fun in the winter wonderland the wood had transformed into. 

Maeve held onto Edmund's hands, supporting him as he took wobbly steps forward, feet sinking into the soft powder. "That's it, love. Keep going. Look! Auntie Ray is right there." She encouraged, moving behind him slowly, helping to maintain his balance as he babbled in delight, heading straight for Ray. "Rara!" The babe called out, blue eyes wide and bright, a few stray curls sticking out from beneath his hat.
the only heaven I'll be sent to
is when I'm along with you
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ray
Vibrancy is crucial
In life
Ray turned around when she heard her name, or at least an adorable version of it. A warm smile stretched across her face as Maeve and Edmund came into view. The little guy was growing so fast and herbalist could hardly believe it. He'd be walking on his own soon enough. How that was even possible evaded the herbalist.

Once they reached her, Ray bent down and gently tucked the stray hairs back into Edmund's hat. "Hey there buddy, how are you?" Giving the kid one last pat on the head, she stood up. "And how are you Maeve? Enjoying the weather?" The snow coating the forest was beautiful. A sharp contrast to Torchline's beaches, but Ray loved it nonetheless.
In death
And in what comes after
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Ray wasn't the only one who couldn't believe it. Never before had Maeve realized the quick passing of time. Not until she had Edmund. The changes happened daily and it would only be a matter of time before he was talking in full sentences and running about Torchline. Little did she know just how soon that would be. Maeve laughed softly at Edmund's declaration, calling out Ray's name as he toddled forward with her assistance, coming to a stop before the herbalist, giggling as she adjusted his hat. It didn't seem to matter. Wild curls still managed to stick out from beneath it no matter how many Ray tucked away.

Of course, Edmund couldn't really answer her yet, but he offered a gummy smile to her in response. The toddler reaching for her as he wiggled from Maeve's grip to cling to her legs instead. "Ap! Ap!" It was a close approximation of the word up, heavily tinged with the same accent that colored Maeve's words. Maeve smiled, straightening up to look at Ray, eyes flicking back and forth between her face and her son. "I'm doing well. Decided to bring him out to play in the snow before it got much too cold."
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ray
Vibrancy is crucial
In life
Ray smiled and indulged Edmund happily. She scooped him into her arms and blew a raspberry onto his cheek. "Is that so?" She teased, cradling the child as she turned to Maeve. "I'm glad to see you both well." The herbalist eyed the sea of snow around them, taking in the shimmering ice on the trees branches. For now it was beautiful but the Queen was right to be wary. Soon the true cold would set in, and it'd be no place for a toddler to remain in for long.

"That's a good idea. Oh! I know!" Ray tickled Edmund, "How about we build a caste in the snow? There might be some memory snow around that we can shape into blocks."
In death
And in what comes after
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Happy to be indulged the babe giggled, holding onto Ray with arms looping around her neck, squealing when she blew a raspberry against his pudgy pink tinged cheek. He nodded at her words as if he fully understood what she was saying even if he didn't. He was still learning and there was plenty left for him to figure out. Words to learn, things to experience, and places to go. All in due time. Maeve would take him to experience it all if that's what he wanted. "We're finding our footing. Isn't that right, petite étoile?" Maeve cooed, stepping closer and pressing a kiss to his cheek, nuzzling close even as Ray held him.

"Oh! A snow castle sounds wonderful. Just what we need." She took Edmund from Ray's arms, tossing him into the air and catching him easily, earning squeals of delight from the toddler. "Ap! Ap!" He said again and Maeve obliged before she set him back down in the snow so they could get started. Of course, there were things far my interesting than snow to the child. The sound of jingling catching his attention and guiding him towards a nearby tree where a Jingle Bug was perched. The toddler caught it in his hands, bringing it back after a moment, "Mumma! Mumma 'ook!"

He beamed, opening up his tiny hands to show off the Jingle Bug he caught, giggling as it crawled across his palms.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Ray
Vibrancy is crucial
In life
Ray bent down to take a look at what Edmund had brought. "Oh! A Jingle Bug!" The herbalist gave the bug a gentle poke, and it jingled indignantly, making her chuckle. Ray had never seen one of the musical bugs in person but the description she'd seen once was spot on. The little animal was rather adorable in it's own way.

Ray straightened up and sent a grin at Edmund and Maeve. "How about we build a castle for the little bug? We can even make him his own little throne." They'd have to design the castle so that the Jingle Bug could leave at his convenience. The last thing she wanted was for him to get stuck in the snow.
In death
And in what comes after
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve did the proper amount of ooh'ing an awe'ing over the Jingle Bug, indulging her son as she knelt down next to him, "Looks like you found yourself a little friend. Good job, petite étoile." She murmured, leaning over to press a kiss to his temple, drawing back to gather snow. Edmund stuck close, but let the little bug crawl across his hands, amazed by the creature. Maeve kept a close eye on him, but split her focus between him and the small bricks she was building for their castle. "A throne would be good. Very fitting for my little prince and his friend. Isn't that right, starlight?"

Edmund giggled as the bug continued to jingle in his hands as it moved back and forth in his grasp. The Nightshade looked to Ray, a smile still on her lips, "How are you doing? Is your new quest going well?" She knew the herbalist was working on something for Frey and she was hopeful that he'd been making progress.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Ray
Vibrancy is crucial
In life
Ray sighed slightly. "It's getting there but progress is slow. I've collected one of the ingredients but I'm still working on getting the other. It's the last bit I'm worried about. I'm really not sure how peppermint bark and snow moss can be used to draw out Rae's Lilies. That's the final piece of the quest." How could the use of two common plants, two that often were in teh same area already, bring out such a rare one?

The herbalist shrugged. "I've been brainstorming but haven't come up with anything yet. But it'll be worth it in the end. Having one of Rae's Lilies on hand will be invaluable during the war." The flower had been needed in dire times in the past, the war would likely be the same. So having the flower already would save time and probably lives.
In death
And in what comes after
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve hummed softly in thought, adding another brick to the pile before she smoothed out a spot for them to begin building their snow castle, "Maybe having them together in proximity with Frey's Breath is the key. They don't typically grow there. If they did then we would have a multitude of Rae's Lilies there." The Nightshade mused, recalling her knowledge of the plants and what was required for them to properly grow. The Climb didn't boast cold temperatures. Even in the middle of Deepfrost.

"They will be. That in combination with the healing waters of the fountain in the Court. I've been thinking about what else we can do to protect Torchline. I'm not interested in hurting the Ascended, but I am interested in keeping my people safe." Maeve began stacking the base of their castle, glancing over at Edmund who was still watching the Jingle Bug crawl across his hands, blue grey eyes bright.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Ray
Vibrancy is crucial
In life
Ray nodded, "That might just be it. Maybe planting them side by side or such will trigger one to grow. It'd be worth a try at least." The herbalist helped shape the snow bricks, handing them to Maeve as needed. It was a bit nostalgic to be building with snow, but rather relaxing nonetheless.

Maeve's words made Ray smile. "Same. I honestly wish that normal means of healing could aid the Ascended too. That way I cold help heal the few that live in Torchline." The herbalist sighed. "Between the flower and the fountain we might have healing covered. Perhaps we should look at physical defenses next?" A means of protecting and not just healing might be useful in keeping their people safe.
In death
And in what comes after
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She dipped her head in agreement, taking another brick to add to the stack, building the walls that much higher. It doesn't take long before they have the snow castle about half way built. "I suppose you'll just have to see. It will be nice knowing if that's the case." Maeve mused, flicking her gaze towards Edmund, ensuring that the toddler was still doing alright. He was. Edmund had taken to sitting on a somewhat clear rock, holding the bug in his palm and babbling at it happily, not making much sense to her ears but seemingly enjoying himself all the same.

"Harper suggested a fortress of some kind. Something defensible that was a safe place to gather anyone who couldn't or was unable to fight. We could protect it against fire or the like. It's something to consider. I was thinking of having a bit of a town meeting once we were closer to finishing the fountain to see what other people thought." There weren't many Ascended citizens in Torchline. Only two that she knew of that resided there permanently, but that wasn't any reason to create something that would harm their brethren right out.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Ray
Vibrancy is crucial
In life
Ray follows Maeve's eyes and chuckles at Edmund. "You might need to get him some kind of musical toy," she notes with humor as the child continues to play with the jingle bug. It was adorable how fascinated he was with the small creature.

The idea of a fortress receives a nod from the herbalist. "I love that idea. A safe spot for any and all citizens. We could even outfit it with bunk beds and other supplies in case people have to take shelter for more then a few hours." Ray could also provide emergency medical kits for the fortress and some of the local cooks might be willing to donate non-perishables as well. The fortress could potentially become a true bunker if the worst happened and Torchline fell under siege.
In death
And in what comes after
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"I was thinking of getting him a music tutor once he gets a bit bigger. He might like learning to play the piano or something." Maeve hums in response, grinning as Edmund continues his happy babbling, keeping up his conversation with the little bug.

She nods, adding another brick to the snow castle, continuing to build up the height of their little fortress. "I think it would be a good thing to possibly pursue. After the attack on Halo and hearing how dangerous it was for the citizens in the city I don't want to end up in the same position." Maeve starts, carving out a small door in the front of their castle before moving on to the pillars, shaping them up. "I still think a small council meeting would be a good idea."
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
Ray
Vibrancy is crucial
In life
Ray smiles softly at the idea. Edmund certainly seems like the kind of child who'd enjoy music lessons. And piano seemed oddly fitting for Maeve's son. The herbalist can already picture the little guy dressed up and performing a recital for his mum. It'd be adorable.

Ray finishes up the walls of their castle and then begins to add terraces to the top. "I agree."{/say] Her brow furrows in concern, "It was horrible to hear about Halo. The citizens must have been terrified. A meeting to figure out a way to protect our citizens from that kind of experience sounds like a good plan." That kind of fear and helplessness was something that the herbalist hopes that the citizens of Torchline would never have to experience.

Ray starts to add a moat to their castle.  Between her and Maeve's efforts, the small snow fortress was nearly complete.
In death
And in what comes after