Training [se] building eachother
cordelia
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH

He traversed the hills and rolling plains in the form of reindeer, ease filling him as he moved back towards their shelter. The snow crunched under his cloven hooves, and, like so many days lately, the sun was high overhead and glaringly bright. It made the snow glitter beautifully, but it cast long shadows across the hills. Noah's own shadow stretched and stretched, appearing twice as tall and wide as he was as he trotted through the snow. He lifted his head, scenting the air and grunting some, eyes scanning around as he moved forward. He thought he might catch sight of Cordelia. Well, he more than thought. He hoped. He let his mind wander over the attuned bond, hoping to catch her mind.

Cordelia
I want trees instead of gravestones
nothing to confess
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

Cordelia was around. She always was. The hunter rarely wandered away from their camp without letting one of her compatriots know in case something should happen. Her own thoughts are a swirl as she lined up another log on a stump, raising her ax and bringing it down in a hard swing, splitting the log in two. She's just about to place another to meet the same date when she felt the gentle brush of Noah's consciousness against hers.

The Attuned paused, clearing her throat and attempting to pull her emotions in, but undoubtedly a flicker of excitement bubbled along the Attuned bond just as butterflies started in her belly. Cordelia lowered her ax, turning towards him and offering a soft smile, "Noah. I thought I felt you nearby." She murmured in greeting, leaning her ax against the stump and stepping forward to meet him, not hesitating to reach out and run a few fingers along the velvet of his nose.
Say something, something like you love me
Less you want to move away from the noise of this place
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH

At her greeting, fingers running over his nose, the reindeer breathed out a short snort before shifting. He smiled before her, rolling his shoulders back some. "I was looking for you so we could try a spar." Noah had not, and would not, forget that he told the woman he would help make her stronger. He nodded at her ax, and her hard work. "It looks like though you've already done some strength training today." His smile did not falter. Despite the new wrinkles caused from the stress of the previous seasons, his smile still broke his face as broad and bright as the sun that shone over them and cast the snow to glittering beauty.

"Are you up for that, today?" He finally asked, a brow raising as he stepped back a few steps. He had never known those of Cordelia's family line to back down from anything, and were put their nose to the grindstone people. Her father, especially, would always work. That was who Noah knew best.

nothing to confess
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia

His smile sent a whole new fluttering of butterflies through her belly, causing her own smile to light up her face, nose scrunching up a bit with it as she practically beamed up at him. It was so nice to see that smile back on his face. To see him almost relaxed. That familiar warmth seeming to seep back into him finally, melting away that icy exterior that had settled over him since the beginning of the season.

"I think I could be up for it. Need a break from this anyway." She was pretty much done cutting all the logs that Deimos and Noah had gathered from larger felled trees. She wasn't eager to go searching for more on her own anytime soon. He took a step back and she stalked forward. There was nothing tentative about her movements as her eyes ran over him from head to toe, seeming to size him up.

Cordelia struck quickly. Dropping down to brace her hands against the snow covered ground, lashing out with her leg in an attempt to sweep him off his feet, the strike not nearly as strong as it would be typically as her balance is thrown off by the slick icey ground.
And nothing hurts anymore, I feel kinda free
We're still the kids we used to be
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Noah did not expect the woman to be so quick to jump into his proposition. As she accepted him Noah took a half-step back, readying himself to gesture to a spot he had found where the snow had been drifted and there was good footing. He did not have the chance, however, to even begin his statement. His blue eyes had moved towards where he was going to point, and therefore he only saw a flash of her.

He would like to say he tried to block her attack, to counter, to defend, but he could not. She was quick and agile, and with Noah distracting himself she received the desired outcome of her attack. With a woah Noah's weight was kicked out from under him and he slipped into the snow. Even as the wind left his lungs he started laughing, out of surprise and mirth. "At least I don't have to teach you the basics." He chuckled as he regained his breath, rolling over to scramble up. When he was about halfway to standing, he surged forward, attempting to grapple the woman and toss her off balance.

nothing to confess
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Her enjoyment isn't short lived. Especially when he laughed. Whatever concern she potentially had for moving too quickly or playing too hard was gone. Cordelia's lips curled into an almost predatory smirk as she gazed down at him from her slightly higher vantage point, thinking for a moment that the sight of him on his back was rather thrilling, knowing there were few who could actually manage such a feat. "I grew up with brothers. Of course I know the basics." She countered, starting to stand so she might move again for another hit, but he has her beat.

The Attuned isn't expecting him to lunge and her surprise is palpable along the bond, filtering through the tight hold she attempted to keep, unable to do so with how close her instincts were to the surface during times like these. He pinned her with his larger weight and she growled, narrowing her eyes at him as she bared her teeth, shifting to land a hit to his side with her knee so that she might get him off balance so she could roll them instead. Should she be successful, one knee would plant against his stomach while she braced her forearm against his chest just below his throat in an attempt to neutralize him.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

He should have known that her brothers would never let her grow up defenseless. He smirked as he grappled with her, feeling her weight sink beneath his. She was wiry and strong, but his bulk outmatched her. Her speed would have to be her ally in his wake, as strength would not be serving her completely today.

Her knee came up and crashed into his ribcage. He grunted, flinching some at the smarting pain. She was successful in rolling them once, but Noah did not let her stop them there. He pushed hard against her, and used a technique he had used before. As he rolled with her weight Noah's antlers sprouted from his blond hair, and he swung them towards her. Her body twisted and her legs came up towards his chest just as he tucked his chin and used his antlers to defend himself and attempt to dislodge her.

nothing to confess
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Should Deimos had been around to see them rolling about in the snow it would have probably looked a lot less like training and a lot more like something else. A new heat flared up at the sound of his grunt as her knee found its mark, a hot satisfaction at having caught him unawares again, but he far outweighs her in this regard. There wasn't anyway she could maintain the upper hand based on strength alone. Something he knew completely. Still, Cordelia attempted to hold her own, but Noah has a trick up her sleeve she's not expecting.

Antlers suddenly appeared from blonde curls, thrusting towards her as he dipped his head and she was forced to release the hold that she managed to have against his chest. Instead leaning back and bringing her hands up to lock around the antlers, holding on tightly before shoving them to the side, hoping to turn his head with it. They weren't going to get anywhere on the ground. No matter how appealing the current position might have been. "That's a dirty trick, Noah." The Attuned growled, her voice almost edging into a predatory purr as she used his momentary distraction to get to her feet, taking a few quick steps back before she was reaching for her bow nearby to brandish as a makeshift melee weapon.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Noah could not help but let his smile hold its territory on his face. His lips parted wide as he snickered. "Effective, though, you can't argue that!" He wrinkled his nose some as she scrambled back. Noah used the moment to do his own scrambling. He went backwards several paces before getting to his feet. He kept his antlers up, tucking his chin slightly to angle them well towards her. He did not like the space that had drawn between them, knowing he needed to stay close to be able to use his strength to his best.

"Show me more." He taunted her, his voice silky and enticing. He lifted his arms, readying himself for her next attack and balancing as a boxer might. The snow was precarious under foot, but there was an honest part of Noah that wouldn't mind if the two became tangled up in each others limbs in the snow again.

nothing to confess
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

No, she couldn't argue that and she wasn't interested in doing so. Not when he was looking at her like that. It's the most carefree she's seen him in some time and Cordelia is happy that she's the reason for it. Elated even. That isn't the primary emotion that threatens to slide along the bond towards him. No, it's an enticing heat and anticipation that only grows at his goading. The flare of want sings along their bond, smashing into him as she growled, teeth bared as if she was a cornered animal. "What's the magic word?" Cordelia retorted, lunging forward and sweeping with a long strike, hoping to catch him in the side.

The ground is slick. Slush having melted and frozen again into patchy ice that her boots struggled to grip. Instead of coming at him with a clean strike, she slipped, fumbling forward and into striking range of the other hunter. Her bravado faltered as amber eyes widened, knowing she fell right into his trap and finding that a part of her wasn't upset about the development, even reveling in the opprotunity to be trapped in his embrace again.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

The instant barrage of emotion and feeling over the bond did make Noah falter a little. Warmth rose to his ears and cheeks, the want that she felt so surprising to him. He lifted his head some, antlers rising with it. His eyebrows managed to push together just before she struck. Having been caught off guard by it all -- maybe it was her tactic -- Noah did not respond to her attack in the way he originally thought he might. She closed the distance between them, but lost her footing on the ice. Noah might have wanted to sidestep away from that, to keep himself safe from possibly also losing his footing with the patch of ice that had taken Cordelia prisoner. Instead, he crouched and reached out and grabbed for her forearm, his antlers disappearing, and made to grab her and hoist her above his shoulder and roll her over his back into the fluffy snow behind him.
nothing to confess
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

There were many thoughts that had run through her head as soon as her boots lost their grip, sending her skidding into as reach of the hunter. Part of her thought he might catch her. Maybe spin her so she was pinned to his chest and unable to move her arms. Neither of those things happened. Cordelia had just enough time to catch the flush on his cheeks and the tops of his ears, feeling the faintest hint of his surprise along the bond before she was seized and he hoisted her over his shoulder, but he didn't keep her there.

The sensation of falling washing over her before she was landing in the snow. It was mostly the shock of cold that stole her breath and not the impact of her hitting the ground. She laid there blinking dazedly, watching the flakes drift down from the sky, feeling them land on her face and stick in her hair. Now what? Her brain didn't seem to want to connect with her limbs and she knew that the best thing to do would be to stand, reposition herself, and attack. Instead she simply laid there, slowly realizing what exactly happened and the embarrassment that came with it heated her cheeks. Fuck.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Cordelia rolled over his back easy enough, and he heard her thunk into the snow drift behind him. For as long as she stood there, dazed and with embarrassment rising, so too did Noah stand facing away from her. He looked ahead almost blankly, his eyes blinking a few times and his chest rising with his breathing the only indicators that the hunter had not turned to stone. Slowly, Noah turned around to face the woman, swallowing before extending his arm toward her to help her up.

His jaw feathered some before he spoke, "I think that was a good start." Even after the words left his mouth he wanted to drive his palm into his face. The heat rose again to his ears, and despite any inward effort to stop it, colored his cheeks a slight, dusted rose. "I, uh, I have something for you."

nothing to confess
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Neither of them moved and Cordelia thought for a moment it might be best just to let the snow cover her. How long did it take to freeze to death? If they were out in the tundra it would only be an hour tops for things to start shutting down. Out here probably a bit longer. Enough time to let her stew in the blunder that she's made then. Perfect. Cordelia bit back a groan when Noah simply pushed past it, choosing to ignore what happened instead of acknowledging it, causing a new heat to rise to her cheeks.

She took his hand, pulling herself up and shaking the snow from her hair, "Yeah. A good start." And likely the last time she'd ever train with this man again. Way to go, Delia. She thought to herself, arms wrapping around her middle a she shuffled awkwardly in the snow, avoiding eye contact. Whatever heat that had been in her belly before was thoroughly doused now. The Attuned's head snapped up at his words, brows knitting together.

"You do?" Genuine surprise flared along the bond and she tried her best to tamp it down, but her mind was too scattered. It was too difficult to keep any real control over things in her current state and she cringed inwardly to think he was feeling her emotions now. "I have something for you too.."