for Isla and Bastien
a actual letter, not a mental note
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Isla, Bastien -

I’m privately worried that we didn’t actually secure the Grounds against the Monsters. Call it paranoia, but as LongNight gets closer, it feels like it would be stupid not do try and prepare something - just in case. Then again, we don’t have to stay here during LongNight… it’s a time for us as well.

So, two thoughts - one, maybe we should prepare a place just in case, and two, if it’s safe, perhaps we ought to throw a party, Ascended style? It’s the only time of the year when the younger ones can freely roam about. And it might be the last - (this bit is viciously crossed out)

Let me know your thoughts. I think we still have time to prepare and plan for both.
Wessex Theskyra
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

Dear Wessex,

Do you have solid reason to believe the monsters may return? Not that I question your caution (I in fact think it wise) but I would like for any potential signs of the beast's coming to be known to all of us.

I don't see why we couldn't partake in both plans. Prepare somewhere secure such as the Aetheneum or the Temple as a safe house and if all seems well, make merry within. Perhaps if we have gone a full week without any interruptions, we may open the doors for the second week.
Yours Sincerely,
B. Des Rosieres
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
(a copy of Bastien's letter is sent along with a copy of this reply, to Isla)

Bastien, Isla -

It’s more that we don’t have proof they’re gone that worries me. Sure, they might have all burned up, but we don’t know. And that makes me nervous.

If we opt to try and prepare something, I think a few days might suffice, instead of a week. I can’t imagine that if any Monsters remain, they’d want to wait for revenge.

Then there’s the chance that someone might try to destroy The Voice’s shrines again. I don’t know how to guard against that, because we can hardly send anyone to prevent it when those who can destroy it could easily kill one of our younger siblings.

Forgive me, this is what I think about these days. Perhaps I am too paranoid. But isn’t that what you pay me for? Haha.
Wessex Theskyra
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

this won't hurt a bit

Bastien and Wessex,

Apologies for my late input. I agree with Bastien that both sound like a good idea, though time is thin on the ground when it comes to preparations. Either way, I usually hole up in the Infirmary throughout Longnight, and I am more than happy for the Temple to be used as a hideout or a celebration hall. (Hopefully the latter).

I can place something on the Notice Board mentioning as much. Should things remain calm and silent after the first day or so, we can consider it a time to enjoy ourselves.

And you are quite right, Wessex - there's always a worry that our shrines might be targeted outside the Grounds. For this year, though, I think perhaps it's worth keeping close to home. At least the likes of the Order can't cross our borders.

Kind regards,
Isla