Training shout at this battered earth
for Cordelia
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
remember that you can't save everyone
remember that you have to try
Initially, the lack of a training grounds orchestrated by his own hands hadn’t bothered him. Deimos had often learned to make do with what little he had; providing, presiding, plotting until he’d managed to circumvent all the other circumstances, and blend into his characteristic determination. The Hollowed Grounds barracks had once been shambles of an empty, barren field and wooden oblivion. The Halo particulars had once been contorted in holes and forgotten as a structure. And he’d strived, persevered with assistance, until they’d had something suitable for everyone to utilize and practice within.

And if there was a pang of regret for all the asinine decisions he’d made, it was the loss of a role he’d cherished and loved.

But the lack of a title didn’t stop him from teaching, from applying, from functioning on those same features. So, behind all their shelters, he set to work ensuring there was a flattened proportion to work upon. He could scale it into other pieces later, if they needed to bombard from hills or implement procedures for running along more than just plateaus. Some targets were made – these structures built to last instead of suffering under their ministrations as his last ones. Some pieces rendered into effigies of enemies. Some were mere backdrops of enclosed circles, waiting for someone to find their mark.

The soldier in him craved the blade this morning; so he marched diligently along the framework of his creation, glancing off to the side. Zuriel and Belial were there – the latter far more interested than the former – and the midst of silence stretched beyond. Until his swiftness took over, and the snow couldn't control him, couldn't slow him, and the speed exerting, presiding, permitting him to slice against one of the effigies, listening to the wood crack under the pressure.
out for vengeance
DEIMOS
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I was painting a picture // The picture was a painting of you and
For a moment I thought you were here
The desire for strength isn't new to the Attuned. Everyday in Halo was about growing stronger. Be it through training or just surviving. Here, though, the need is more pressing. There were things to prepare for. People to protect. Those she needed to focus on. With Deimos and Noah at her disposal it seemed silly to waste an opportunity to train with them. Noah had already helped her brush up on her sparring, reminding her what it was like to fight someone almost twice her size. Deimos had other skills to share with the hunter.

She was lurking just in the woods beyond the clearing that Deimos has created for their makeshift training ground, amber eyes watching his movements. He practically danced with his sword in a way that's so utterly devastating that Cordelia can't help but stare. As the target of his beating takes hit after hit the Attuned committed the movements to memory, practicing a few of the steps on her own, brows drawn in concentration.

Only when there is a break in his movements does she emerge. "I want to learn how to do that. To fight with a sword. Can you teach me?" She wasn't sure her willowy frame was best suited for such things, but Cordelia wasn't weak. There was muscles beneath her skin even if she lacked in bulk.
But then again, it wasn't true
CORDELIA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos’ oeuvres could’ve come from the creations managed by his hands, by his magic, by his incantations. But the real masterpieces came from the conviction in his movements; the sword a deadly, nefarious brushstroke, clear and defined in its serrated outlines. Time and time again he’d felled an enemy, the coldness stark in his blood, reeling onto the next, cutting through wakes and devastation with his own silent brutality. It was as easy to direct and manage as the enchantments in his ichor; an extension of precision and might, a favorite thing to savor when he was at a loss.

The blade cut and slashed, until he stepped away, surveying the damage done to the target. Deep rivulets and newly-formed grooves pierced over the effigy, and he gave a quiet chuckle, somewhat bemused. Only at the sound of movement nearby did his piercing eyes immediately pinpoint the onlooker – not willing to admit he’d been absorbed in his task, he hadn’t noticed Cordelia observing – shifting from the predacious outline to one of familiarity, a snort breezing through.

He didn’t answer at first; mostly to tease. Drawing out the quiet gave him an opportunity to return his weapon back along his belt, and retrieve two wooden, training pieces from a collection of armaments he’d been assembling. Appearing as if he was contemplating the notions, he rolled back his sleeves, tilting his head towards Cordelia. “I could.” Deimos couldn’t recall refusing to train anyone in the parameters and particulars that they sought – providing his wisdom and experience wherever he could. But he’d known the Halovian to be a master of the bow; perhaps she was looking for something in case of close-range sieges. “Have you used one before?” He offered one of the training molds to her, waiting, already studying and scrutinizing.
out for vengeance
DEIMOS
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
He kept her waiting. His silence wasn't an answer. Not when she knew him like she did now. It was obvious he was teasing her. Especially as he went for the wooden sparing weapons, turning them over in his hands, finally passing one over to her. Cordelia felt the weight of it in her hand, a bright smile curling on her lips as she shook her head, testing the balance like she would a dagger. "I haven't, but I want to learn. It would be good to know, yes? I don't usually try to get close, but having a longer reach than a dagger is always a good idea." She mused, knowing that the Sword would likely agree with her, given his own knowledge with combat.

Cordelia shifted her stance, mimicking the one he took earlier, lifting the wooden blade so he might judge her form. "I don't have much knowledge on the proper way to do things. So please make any and all corrections. I want to learn." She wasn't afraid of criticism. Not from him or anyone, really. At least not when it came to things like this.
CORDELIA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
“Experience with multiple weapons will always be an advantage,” and he quirked a brow, a half-smile at her; pondering the lengths beyond daggers and bows. If she didn’t find herself inclined towards the blade after this training session, perhaps the staff would be suitable too – longer, packing its own punch without serrated endeavors.

And the fact that she was willing to learn would serve her well. He’d met too many yearning, craving, for the knowledge, but lacking in the regard for correction – immediately wishing to be the best, but not realizing how many times, how many iterations, how many moments it would take to even become partially decent. “Good. We can start with defenses.” The Sword maneuvered to stand in front of her, more than an armament apart, so she’d be able to see, detect, watch his purposefully-slowed movements, to garner her own reactions. “While evading is the simplest way to avoid being hit, sometimes we have to find other methods.” Running out of the scene was a grand tactic, but with war coming, there could only be so many instances an individual could be allotted. Especially given the speed of potential enemies.

He took on a particular stance, grounding himself into the earth, toying with the blade in his hand before enacting a slow motion. His calculations, his scrutiny, also wanted to see what natural instincts clambered to the forefront of her mind, what was already instilled within muscle memory and survival.  “If I were to attack here,” and he aimed in the same gesture towards her right shoulder, “Think of how you would block the move. How can you stop it?” From snagging at a wound, from clawing into a major proportion of her figure?
out for vengeance
DEIMOS
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
He seemed pleased with her answer and Cordelia beamed in response, the corners of her eyes crinkling with the action, "Perfect." The Attuned agreed before growing serious, her amber gaze tracking his movements as he shifted into position before her, raising his own wooden armament. She nodded at his words, knowing it to be true, having fled a time or two when she knew the odds were against her. Except there would come a time that she couldn't run. It was those times she worried about. When he bow wouldn't be enough to fend off her attackers.

Deimos moved in slow motion, giving her time to think and react. With brows drawn together, Cordelia shifted a foot back, side stepping as she brought her blade up, the flat of it pressing against his as she used the momentum to push it away and regain her proper footing. "I'd maneuver away just enough that my reach wouldn't be impacted and try to force your blade away." She explained her move as she finished, still holding her blade to his, eyes flicking quickly over his form. Cordelia knew her speed was the part that was most important here in her survival. Especially against larger opponents. "Then if I were to attempt an attack.."

With a hard push against his training sword that would likely keep him open, Cordelia used the opprotunity to attempt a strike against his side.
CORDELIA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
He watched, waited, to see her block; executed well, an intrinsic circumstance likely from living in a world yearning to annihilate at every turn. “Well done,” and he nodded for her to continue, sliding his blade downward, smirking when she conformed to a rebuttal – a natural inclination she must’ve held in her mind; not requiring the direction or accord from him. It was a customary procedure – to find those openings, to snag at the notions, to parry, evade, and then return, striving for a weakness to crumple, crumble.

The Sword caught the angle of her blade intending to launch towards his hip; strong and fierce, fast and unbothered, flicking it away with a swift ease. It wasn’t about the hits, the assaults, the sieges, but the movement – intending for her to begin to think of them as muscle memory, as tactics, well before any damage could ensue. He nodded, indicating her reasoning was correct. “Good. Use your speed. Give them no time to react.” Her size, while no means diminutive, still didn’t compare to either himself or Noah’s. By all credit, she should be fleeter of foot, and with most opponents she would’ve been, had he not trained abundantly in the very same skill, intending to make up for such a weakness within his towering frame.

Deimos drew forward again, and his eyes were obviously immersed in calculations, pondering over the next series of coordinated motions. “What if your opponent attempts to disarm you?” And here he did the same thing, a warning in his purposefully slower outreach, indicating his blade heading for her weapon-arm, her wrist, anything to ensure she’d drop it upon the ground.
out for vengeance
DEIMOS
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
The praise bolstered her and she smiled brightly before focusing up just as quickly. There wasn't time to linger in such feelings. Even if the praise was something she was pleased to receive from the likes of him. The general was incredibly skilled in combat and to be told that she was doing well thus far, no matter how soon it was, meant a great deal to her. If only because it confirmed that there was hope for her to learn this skill.

She nodded at his direction. Her speed was going to be her advantage. Perhaps not against Deimos himself, but other opponents. Cordelia watched him move, brows drawing together as he moved, tracking the arc of his blade and realizing what he intended to do. It was perhaps an unorthodox move, but instead of attempting to parry his strike to disarm her, Cordelia dove, tucking into a tight roll and using the momentum to get to his side before slipping behind him.

"Dodging is my first instinct." Cordelia informed him from behind, attempting another strike against his outer thigh.
CORDELIA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
He smirked lightly at her returning smile, before scrutinizing and studying her technique in avoiding being disarmed. Evasion was just as effective, though she amplified it with her newfound tendency to find a portion to tap against – though he instinctively turned into her, caught the blade before it wandered and rampaged along his portion. Her tactic was a little showier that he would’ve garnered – but if it got her out of the way, and surmised its purpose, it was still beneficial. “Good. You can always counter them as well.”

The Sword demonstrated with his blade, mimicking a movement meant to swiftly maneuver beneath another’s – and then strike, intentionally pushing through, and then melding away.

He drew back, considering, pondering, before shrugging his shoulders and offering the potential. “Want to try and piece them together?” Choreographed moves, where neither of them were in danger of maiming or harming one another; safe to practice and indulge in learning techniques, in finding Cordelia’s niche and preferred style (he figured it would be swiftness; where as he could simply utilize brute strength).
out for vengeance
DEIMOS
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
It hadn't occurred to her to counter. Not against someone like him. His strength easily outweighed her own and it simply felt silly to even attempt it. This was of course not helpful to her. How was she expected to be prepared for anything if she didn't practice?

Cordelia shifted back into their starting position, watching closely with knitted brows as he demonstrated the counter move, committing it to memory with a nod. "Yes. I think so." The Attuned said, waiting for him to prepare before taking her first strike. Cordelia lashed out toward his side, ducking under his arm when he came forward with his own strike, shifting to counter it with unknown success as she attempted to move out of his reach.
CORDELIA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos wouldn’t begrudge her attempts; these were all small learning curves, movements made to be beneficial. To make her think. To make her wonder. To make her try. She wasn’t in danger, in peril, or in any notion of lethality here – a safe and welcoming environment to strive and attempt. That was all the Sword had ever wanted to bestow to those he taught: they were open to making mistakes, to developing skills, to forging onward so they’d be capable of defending themselves, or someone else in their midst.

So he nodded at her acceptance, stepping back, and resuming a familiar stance. Something borne out of instruction, embedded lives long ago; distinct in his grounding, in forging himself well, even if the blade was only wooden.

“Clever,” he announced, as she launched towards his side and sought to move under his arm. Save for his ability to switch sword-hands, as he did effectively when he noticed what she was garnering towards, it would’ve been a very decisive blow. He grinned at the notions, swiveling, spinning, pivoting within one stride, intending to tap her on the shoulder. “And what if someone comes at you from behind?” The soldier shifted, movements obvious and overt in their manner, encouraging her to think as he reached for her spine.
out for vengeance
DEIMOS
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Deimos was a good teacher. Encouraging, strong, and patient. He took the time to guide her through the motions. Each movement was new to her, but she took them all in stride. If only because he was willing to give her the space to work through her thoughts and actions without any real danger. Cordelia took the opportunity, brows knitting together as he posed his question and made his strike, catching her off guard. The Attuned faltered, flinching away from the blow, but still bringing her own training blade up in an underhanded swing in an attempt to push his blade away.

It connected, but there wasn’t as much strength behind this one, but she pushed anyway. Both hands wrapped around the hilt of her blade and she shoved hard. Her steps stumbled as she put space between them, chest heaving as she caught her breath on the crisp air, ”Not the cleanest, but not too bad, huh?”
CORDELIA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Waiting for the distinction, for the alteration, for the change and shift in patterns, in how one’s mind worked when faced with new, abrupt measures, he wore a half-grin as she aimed to shove. Considering his mass, bulk, and stature, his figure didn’t move - but it was something to strive for with other opponents. “Not too bad,” the Sword presided in return with an amiable nod, something like a laugh threatening to bolster through.

Weighing through the options, calculating and forming his own predilections towards how instruction and movements had fared, Deimos lowered his weapon, tilting his head, gaze pinpointing back to her. “I think that is enough for today. It will give you something to work on.” And he didn’t want to be an overwhelming exercise; preferred motions step by step, little by little, as muscle grew, as movements became orchestrations and calculations, rather than fumbling through. Then his eyes settled on the targets, and though already quite bludgeoned, repairing and ensnaring threads back into place would ensure they were fine, and would hold up to any future tasks. “I can leave these out here for you, if you want to practice on them.”
out for vengeance
DEIMOS
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
He didn't say as much, but she could tell he was proud of her choice and had it been against anyone else it likely would have been rather successful. Cordelia grinned back at him, pushing a few stray wisps of hair from her face as she straightened. "Please. I'm going to practice a little bit more today." She didn't have to say thank you for the help as he would likely feel her appreciation along their shared bond as she drew back from him and turned her attention to the targets.

Starting from the top, Cordelia ran through all that Deimos had shown her that day. She moved and struck and started again until her muscles were aching. It was hard work, but she knew she'd be better for it.

~FIN <3~
CORDELIA