borrow from the spirits
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Last Post:

"Oh...hm." Mildew really couldn't think of many things she would want less than continually looking after babies brought forth from a garden, but she supposed they all had to serve Frey in different ways. "So...what will you do if there isn't a decrease in births and population? After all, if you listen to some of those on well, our side, I suppose, they seem quite confident they can eliminate the Ascended and be done with it in a matter of weeks."

That aside, it was a relief to hear she wasn't planning to put this project in Mourn. "You've been on quite the journey. You're probably right that Meadowreach is better - it's the old fashioned part of me that thinks they ought to be born somewhere dangerous and wild." Start their trials from the very first, grow them strong; she huffed out a quiet laugh to herself. "Do you have many people willing to give their...whatever you'll need from them, for this?"

The way to Mourn opened up before them but she seemed uninterested in the changing scenery for the moment, inspecting Pheobe with a piercing gaze as she asked her questions.
Mildew
I know what you need
This will really work
In ancient times, if you were sick
They make you bleed
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
The Nightingale
Phoebe glanced around as the scenery began to shift, large mounds replacing generally flat lands. "Well, I think those people underestimate their enemies. But..." she paused in consideration briefly. "There are couples who can't have children of their own naturally. Either they are same-sex or barren or whatever else. Maybe even someone wants a child but doesn't want to carry it. I can think of a number of reasons the garden might be used, including repopulating Caido." she said with a small smile. It opened options for the otherwise optionless.

"Thankfully I have good friends who have helped me get some of the ingredients." she said with a grin. But Mildew's next question came as a surprise to the midwife. "No not yet. I am not sure what Frey will require or how long whatever that is will last. But once the garden is ready I will go about asking those I know. Perhaps spread word through Stormbreak. Those there are usually eager to help anything the gods bless." she said.

Once it was clear they were in the Mourn, Phoebe paused. "Where would be the best spot to take soil from?" she asked.
love is the flower you've got to let grow
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
"You do? I don't know much about the Ascended. Do you think they have a chance against the Gods and their strongest?" Mildew couldn't help sounding cynical; when she thought of  Safrin, Frey, Ludo and then those above even the heralds, Caido and Mort and Rae - the power seemed infinite, not something that could be defeated by a upstart Goddess in a matter of centuries.

As for other uses for the garden, she tilted her head side to side in general agreement, though she still wondered just how much use it would get. That said, it had been a long time since Mildew had been a common visitor in populated towns and areas; she really had no idea how many babies were born, how many couples there were.

Stormbreak was indeed full of eager participants for anything God-related. "I see. I wonder...do you know, if two Demi-Gods have a child, if the resulting child must be a Demi God? Not that I'm suggesting I'm interested-" Mildew laughed and raised her hands, immediately realising how it might sound and backing out of that quickly. "-Merely curious. I have met some of the very young Demi Gods."

They came into the Mourn and she looked about at Phoebe's question, humming. "Well, certainly not from anyone's grave. Come - there's some space a little further on with blank ground. I suppose to bury others, if they deserve to rest here. I'm sure no one will mind a little soil taken from that no one has yet claimed." Pointing up into the distance, Mildew hiked up her skirts and started walking softly over the mounds, feet moving almost impossibly gently across the grass.
Mildew
I know what you need
This will really work
They make you bleed
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
"There is always a chance, and an even greater one if you underestimate your foes. Best to overestimate, I think." she said with a shrug. It wasn't like the Voice was defeated before. She had been merely trapped. Defeat was dead after all in war. Or at least it had in her experience.

Phoebe smiled, laughing a little as Mildew backpedaled. She hadn't assumed it was an offer of any kind, but the other demigoddess didn't know she was happily taken either. "I am not sure. I would think it possible, but it would depend on how much the gods change us to be in their image." she said, head tilting side to side. She didn't really know in all honesty. She would have to wait and see if any such instances occurred.

The younger demigoddess did her best to step lightly over the mounds as they made their way to the open land. Once there, Phoebe knelt and pulled out a small spade and jar. Using the former to dig up some dirt, she placed it into the jar, sealing it with the lid to keep it from falling out while she travelled. "Thank you, Mildew. I really appreciate your guidance." she said with a smile.
Swamp Witch

Change author:
"True enough..." Mildew agreed, nodding. Once, many bodies, lives and years ago, she'd been in a war before - much the same had been said then. The Voice was an odd opponent, one that everyone spoke of in varying tones of disgust, awe and apprehension, yet no one other than her 'children' knew all that much about her. "Have you ever come up against one of the 'Ascended'? Do you know...well, how to defeat one of them? I'm not much for fighting, but...well dear, you know. If needs must." It was a war, after all.

No definite answer on the question of Demi-God children: Mildew supposed she may as well add it to her mental list of things to ask Frey when she next saw them. She really would have to visit the shrines soon.

Phoebe stepped sufficiently respectfully over the ground that housed the dead and Mildew looked on approvingly as she took her soil. "You're welcome, darling. You know, if you should ever want to really envelope yourself in Frey's majesty...the Feverlands are always waiting. I know you serve the other aspect of Frey, but it's all life, isn't it? I think you might still find it spiritually fulfilling to stay here a while one day."
Mildew
I know what you need
This will really work
They make you bleed
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
The Nightingale
Now there was a question Phoebe could answer with surety. She shook her head quickly at the notion of coming up against an Ascended. "Never. I am not much of a fighter, just a healer. I think Remi or Ronin might have a better idea though." she said. She wasn't sure they had ever fought one, but if anyone had, she was sure it was one of them.

At least the mention of the Feverlands was something that Phoebe could latch on to. "I have never been there, but if it is for Frey then I will add it to my list of places to go see." she said with a grin. Perhaps she did serve one side more than the other, if only because her disposition and skill set matched it, but that didn't mean she did not recognize all aspects of her dear friend. Perhaps she and Harper would have to pay the place a visit.

- FIN