Key Quest midnight mass

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
key quest

This is the part of the KQ where, after everything has gone wrong, everything goes right.

It's as if the group has coordinated themselves in a vicious sort of dance. Neron's spears of ice lance out with precision and flair, shredding through the thin membranes of the monster's wings.

And hot on his tail, Kiada leaps in with the deadly elegance of an assassin, driving her knife into one of the wing joints and dragging an almighty shriek from the creature.

To wrap up this package of violence, Sah's sword comes lancing through the air, crackling with electricity and speed enough to plough directly into the monster's chest, slipping through armoured plates and showering Kiada with a jet of hot, black blood. (Sorry).

Woozy and furious and unable to fly, it screeches and rakes at Kiada again - but she is too fast for it this time, and it misses.

Longnight Monster: 96/300

Your randomly assigned posting order is:

1. Neron 48/115
2. Kiada 117/130
3. Sah 104/130

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
liars and lovers combine tonight, we're gonna make a scene
Apparently, all you need is love rage.

Neron feels himself grinning viciously as they manage to set off a coordinated hit against the monster, and despite the fact that his systems are still blaring and he desperately needs to recuperate, it's not over yet.

So he sets off away from the group, much as Kiada has done to try and get close to the monster, switching tactics again to try and drag the life from it. "We can beat it down now," he almost snarls into the night. Is he smug to see the ruined membranes of the creature's wings?

Yes, yes he is.

Neron attacks the monster with Life Drain, keeping his upgrade engaged!

Type: Dark
Cloaking Upgrade | A 90% body upgrade that bends light making the user invisible. Dramatic action or the use of weapons/upgrades/items makes the user 25% more visible. This translates to rolling disadvantage to hit the user in a battle.

Life Drain : Can take life force from a living thing to temporarily make themselves stronger within a 30ft radius.
Type: Dark | Rank: Mastered
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
KIADA

Relief spreads through Kiada, despite the way her sensors blare in her ears. The blaring doesn’t get easier, though, not with the stream of hot black blood that coats her – sticking to her hair and mixing with the fluid that’s slipped from her. She grits her teeth harder, drawing back after her strike, leaving that particular throwing knife in the joint just for pure spite.

There’s a snarled laugh that leaves her as the creature fails its swipe, though she knows better than to taunt it. So far, it’s essentially been the first attack they’d all managed to land. So she needs to be quick on the draw so that they can get out of this as quickly as possible and prevent it from rampaging further. She keeps her distance away from its mouth, drawing a second throwing knife and throwing it at the creature in the hopes of taking out an eye.

Kiada gets back out of the way of the swipe and keeps her distance, pulling another throwing knife out and throws it at the creature, aiming for its eye. She keeps her armor upgrade activated!

Type: Grey
Bionic Armor Upgrade | Lightweight but hard armour extends from her spine, wrapping around her upper body in a defensive sheet of armour.
i was young and stupid then, always playing for the win
don't know where we got this bad, i just wish i had you back
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah's feral grin remains, taking on a slightly sadistic gleam. It's far too satisfying to see the monser lose the capability to fly. But Sah needs his sword back. At the same time, he still wants to make the fucker hurt. Making a turning motion with his wrist, the Abandoned activates his telekinesis once more. Using it, he attempts to slowly twists the blade within the monster in a corkscrew motion. Slowly rotating and pulling it out, so that it will fly back to his hand. Is it a sadistic thing to attempt? Yes. Does he care at the moment? Absolutely not.

Sah tries to use his telekinesis to try and twist the sword in the monster's flank. It's an attempt to pull it out like a corkscrew and have the sword return to his hand.

Telekinesis: Can move medium objects, in a 30ft radius
Type: Grey | Rank: Upgraded

Electrical Sword | Using Sah's own elemental magic, this sword has the power to electrify those it hits. (Made by Deimos)
{/i}
Sah

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
key quest

It starts off well, only to get progressively worse.

Neron's life drain magic snatches yet more energy from the monster, causing it to stagger and try in vain to fly away. Alas, it cannot. But perhaps it's floundering is the reason why Kiada's knife throw misses, or why Sah cannot seem to get a grip on his sword with his telekinesis. Either way, neither of their attacks succeed.

And then the monster digs deep, focuses, and lets out an ear piercing shriek into the air. With metal jaws open wide, it seems to move at a speed that's ungodly even for Ascended. Not only does it latch onto Sah - it all but pins him to the ground, rending and tearing at his throat.

As if that isn't bad enough, it whips around near instantly and drags down lightning, which sears through Kiada as the closest target.

Things are ramping up.

Longnight Monster: 54.5/300

Your randomly assigned posting order is:

1. Neron 48/115
2. Kiada 74.5/130
3. Sah 74/130

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
It's a feeling of elation that very quickly turns to dread; Neron turns to see how his comrades are faring, only to watch as the monster clamps its jaws around Sah and strikes down Kiada with lightning in a single, swift execution that has his mind reeling. "Oh fuck," is about the extent of his eloquence in response to that, but already his body is moving while his mind fights to catch up.

Carefully weaving the magic in his veins up and out once more, Neron sticks to what he knows, prowling rather than moving with speed to avoid the ice on the ground. Hopefully this time it will be enough to beat the monster down for good.

Rinse and repeat for Neron!

Type: Dark
Cloaking Upgrade | A 90% body upgrade that bends light making the user invisible. Dramatic action or the use of weapons/upgrades/items makes the user 25% more visible. This translates to rolling disadvantage to hit the user in a battle.

Life Drain : Can take life force from a living thing to temporarily make themselves stronger within a 30ft radius.
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA

Her knife misses and she yet again has another curse that slips from her lips. It doesn’t last though, not as the creature turns once it’s recovered, pinning down Sah. And as she moves slightly to try and help Sah, only to be struck down immediately with a scream of surprise. She stumbles, slipping back on the ice as the lighting shocks her systems more – the sensors blaring in her mind as all her gears spur and sputter on.

She’s out of most options, really, but she has one thing that’s still certainly on her and might pack a punch. That damn jammed crossbow. She reaches for it and aims for the creature’s head, chucking the whole thing at it. “Fucking prick.” She snarls, but she hopes that it at least hits it somewhere. Preferably in the face.

Kiada decides to yeet the whole crossbow at the monster’s head LOL and keeps the armor upgrade active!

Bionic Armor Upgrade | Lightweight but hard armour extends from her spine, wrapping around her upper body in a defensive sheet of armour.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah is left nearly breathless from the pain and all of his attention focus on the monster. All of his fury. "If I die, I'm taking you with me. Bitch." Sah snarls out with a horribly strained voice, his throat raw. But the anger in his words is undeniable. He calls on his lighting once more, tightly grasping the monster with both hands, as tightly as he can. Then Sah lets his magic crackle to life across his skin. He's in agony and pissed off, and the wildness of his magic reflects it. The lighting emerging will attempt to turn the monster's attack on itself,. An attempt to shock the beast at every point of contact it has with the Abandoned.

Sah grabs the monster and calls forth his lighting. He tries to make it cover him so that it will shock the monster at every point of contact that it has with him.  (Pikachu time bitch- hopefully)

Lightning manipulation: Can create and control Lightning. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Sah

Change author:
key quest

And so it goes like this.

Neron seems to have gotten into the swing of things at last, and his Life Drain magic seethes and shaves off another bit of the monster's energy - which is fine, we suppose, given that it's all over Sah anyway.

Nice try with the crossbow, Kiada - alas, the weapon really doesn't want to be her friend today, and not only has it jammed without ever firing a shot, it yeets right over the monster's head without doing any damage. Oh well.

And then we get to the crux of it. Whether it's because of the monster's proximity or simply because of Sah's rage, the lightning hits and then some. Sizzling throughout the body of the monster, it keens and screeches, before sagging unceremoniously atop the Abandoned.

It's dead.

AND THEN IT EXPLODES!

(No it doesn't, it doesn't - I rolled for it though).

In the snowfall flecked by blood and fluid, it is over. Hopefully that really is the last of it.

CONGRATULATIONS, you have completed the KQ successfully! All characters receive +2 LUCK and will be able to use this KQ for levelling purposes.

On closer inspection of the monster, the following upgrade is also available for the Ascended to use:

Assimilation Upgrade | When biting another Ascended, the user can choose to mimic one of their upgrades rather than stealing a stored power.

Please leave a final post and decide amongst yourselves who gets the upgrade. No posting order!
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah's head knocks against the ground as he flops under the monster's weight. After a moment to catch his breath, the tired Abandoned rolls the creature off of him. "Huh?" It's then that he notices something odd and reaching a hand into the monster's corpse, he pulls out what is clearly a piece of tech.

Raising a brow, Sah tosses it to Kiada and Neron. "I think this is something only one of you can use." Monster now off of him, he staggers to his feet. As the adrenaline wears off he begins to truly feel the pain of his wounds. With a grimace Sah puts pressure on the still sluggishly bleeding injuries. "Glad that's over."

Sah then glances at Kiada, "You know, I don't think I ever caught your name. I'm Sah." He'd seen the Ascended around but despite that, the Abandoned had never had a chance to actually speak to her. It felt strange to not know the name of someone he'd just fought beside in a life-or-death situation.

Once everything is squared away and introductions actually made, Sah will head off to tend to his wounds. After that? He's going to curl up in his mountain of blankets with Lilly and pass out.
Sah
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA

Gods Kiada is pissed. The crossbow is absolutely cursed in her mind as it sails over the monster’s head. But before she has a chance to do much of anything at all, she moves to stand around the time Sah sizzles the thing.

It gives Kiada time to inspect the swipes along her side, the fluid still bubbling up and the mixture of it with the jet black blood of the monster. Her gaze lifts to Sah as he introduces himself and brings over the upgrade. “Kiada.” She introduces herself, offering him a small tight lipped smile as her sensors continue to spark. “Thanks for the bite by the way.” She nods to him before taking the upgrade and stepping over to Neron to hand it to him.

You’ll probably make more use of this than I will.” And she imagines given how much she’d missed everything here, Neron had a bit more luck in actually landing his attacks.

Kiada offers the upgrade to Neron!
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
"Well I'm glad we can all enjoy each other's company now," Neron says dryly, though any who know him more than in passing know that it's personality rather than annoyance that drives his quips. For his part, at seeing the monster collapse, he's done pretty much the same himself. So it's as he's slouched in the snowdrift that he sees Kiada approach, offering a wobbly sort of smile and tilting his head at the offered upgrade.

"Thanks, but I'm good," he says, softly declining it. "I got enough I think, with the magic and all. You keep it, or give it away if you don't want it." Grumbling, he hefts himself back to his feet and glances over his shoulder. "Dunno about you, but I'm going back to bed." It might not be to sleep, but it's enough for now.

~FIN

Neron declines and gives the upgrade to Kiada, then trundles away back up to Morgan.
Neron