Personal Quest (HUNT) the only star in these woods
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
gratuitous violence; unnecessary, satisfying, heartbreaking
It might be a surprise to most some especially Remi, but Ronin actually pays attention to the woods and the places within it, as well as the things that should be there and the things that should not. And so it is that he has realised, once the light fades and the forest is lit only by luxere antlers and will-o-wisps, that the absence of a herald in Ludo's Woods will allow the Cat Siths to roam free.

"I know this is more your territory than mine," Ronin is explaining to his husband as he meanders through the dark, his partial shift crowning his head with luxere antlers that light the way. "But I am the Huntsman you know, so I thought the least we could do is spook off a few soul cats who try to come sniffing about."

This is a LongNight PQ to hunt down some Cat Siths and stop them from leading souls astray in Ludo's Woods!

1. Remi
2. Juniper
3. Delphia

(Can add more spaces if needed).
RONIN
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
we make up horrors
Finding a cat sith might prove surprisingly easy as one seemed to suddenly appear before the Huntsman and the Lullaby. This particular cat sith however was far more tame than its wild brethren, mewling up at Remi in recognition.

"Spooking a cat sith...there is an idea." came another voice, soft and whispery, barely there - until suddenly Delphia stepped into view too. Where had she come from? Only Remi would really know, as he could also walk the planes of death as she and Tishy could. The cat sith made quick work of scurrying up Delphia's leg and side to perch upon her shoulder, eyeing Ronin curiously. "I would be happy to help if you would like the extra aid. I am very familiar with the cat sith population in the wood."
DELPHIA
to cope with the real ones

Code blatantly stolen from the fantastical, wonderful Odd
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
"I've never hunted Cat Siths before," Juniper admitted as she arrived in a more mundane way than Delphia's, simply flying up out of the woods -- the group wasn't hard to find, thanks to Ronin's glowing antlers. Juniper hadn't come without a light source herself, but she'd lowered the cover on the lantern tied to her belt most of the way, leaving just enough light to keep her from flying into trees if she moved slowly and carefully. Best not to make herself too obvious to anything wandering the Greatwood in the dark -- especially not their quarry.

"It's nice to see you again," she added to Delphia, who remained a stranger to her, though they had met at Ludo's shrine. Of course, Juniper had some idea who she was; demigods' fame tended to precede them.

Juniper is here! She's brought her bow, her hunting knife, her dagger, and a lantern with a cover.

She knew who Delphia was, of course; demigods' fame tended to precede them.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
the tightrope that i'm walking just sways and ties,
the devil as he's talking with those angel's eyes
"Now you know how I feel when you bother my tools and things when you and Mateo are working on one of your PrOjEctS." The alchemist chuckles back, grinning at his counterpart. As for hunting creatures that liked to chase and hoard souls? Why yes, that sounded precisely like his sort of thing. Delphia 's as well, such that it was no real surprise to see the dealthy demigoddess appear. 'Delphia.' Remi says easily, not at all bothered by her sudden ethereal appearance.

With a nod to Juniper, Remi turns back to Ronin with a mischievous grin. "I know this is your hunting party, but if I may...we might be able to lure one out if Delphia and I are in the spirit world." He suggests. "Unless you had something else in mind..?" Which, Ronin likely did.
THE ALCHEMIST
but i just want to be there when the lightning strikes
& the saints go marching in
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin can only pull a face at his husband for his sass, though it's all in jest, and he leans in to press a quick kiss against Remi's curls before turning to greet the others. Delphia and Juniper are welcome sights in the woods, Longnight or otherwise, and he smiles a greeting to them both. "Thank you all for coming. I've never hunted a Cat Sith either, believe it or not. But I thought it would be worth trying to keep this part of the Greatwood safe, given how Ludo can't be here right now."

He does have a few ideas of his own, it's true, but none of them are as simple or easy as Remi's, and the Huntsman offers a grin to his husband. "No, that sounds great," he says, glancing between them all. "If Delphia and Remi can try to lure the Cat Siths out in the spirit world, Juniper and I can stake out - and probably keep an eye on Remi's physical form too."

Ronin takes Remi's suggestion, and proposes the following for Round 1!

- Remi & Delphia to try to lure out Cat Siths in the spirit world.
- Juniper and Ronin to stake out the trees and stop Remi's physical body from getting into trouble.

No posting order!
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
'No silly business.' Remi says, shooting his husband a look that's as much of a tease as it is a warning. Unlike Delphia who could take her actual body with her, Remi's would have to be left here, hopefully under his husband's watchful eye. Sinking down against a tree and giving Ronin a wink, Remi would simply seem to close his eyes and grow very still. In reality, his spirit had stepped out of his form within seconds, though only Delphia would be able to see.

The world was both muted and more vibrant in the spirit realm, and the Lullaby didn't bother to stifle his sigh of contentment for having shed the weight of his body. Well? He asks, offering Delphia a crooked smile. Shall we?

Before setting off to try and catch the attention of a Cat Sith, Remi predictably engages in the silly business he'd warned Ronin of, by sliding through his husband's body and letting his fingers ghost against the Huntsman's soul before carrying on.
THE ALCHEMIST
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
JUNIPER
"I can do that," Juniper said, assenting to Ronin's plan. Flexing her wings, she hovered up to a good vantage point in the treetops. "I'll watch for movement from up here. Ronin, will you stay with Remi's body?"

Though she framed it as a question, she assumed the answer was "yes"; she could only imagine that Ronin would want to keep an eye on his spiritually-absent husband, to make sure he was safe. Though Juniper didn't think there was too much to worry about, unless the Cat Siths tried to target Remi -- but you never knew what might happen on a hunt, especially during LongNight.

Though she didn't nock an arrow yet, Juniper drew her bow and held it at the ready. As an experienced hunter, she wasn't tense, just alert.

Juniper hovers in the treetops, watching for a Cat Sith (or any other danger) to appear with her bow at the ready.

table by Skylark
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
we make up horrors
Delphia smiled the tiniest bit at Remi's suggestion. Yes, they would have an easier time drawing out the Cat Sith if they used their ethereal forms to their advantage. They would be nothing more than spirits themselves then after all. With a nod after the hunt master gave his approval and to Remi's question, Delphia disappeared before all but Remi's eyes. She sighed contentedly, seemingly more comfortable here than in the realm where Vi and Rae's creations roamed.

While Remi engaged in silly business, Delphia knelt to pet the top of Tishy's head, who had joined them in the soul realm. "Well, Morticia, care to give us a hand?" she asked. The cat sith arched up to meet her hand, purring happily before finding a little place to plop down. There, Tishy began to yowl, calling out to her kith and kin to come forth.

Delphia and Tishy enter the spirit plane and Tishy starts meowing to call other cat sith.
DELPHIA

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Nodding to Juniper, Ronin does indeed intend to stay with his husband's body whilst his spirit is absent. He settles in beside the tree where Remi is slumped (but not before cringing and shivering at the feel of his soul being tickled, for lack of a better word), his fingers tingling with latent power as he waits for something to happen.

He and the Fae above him of course have little clue what's going on in the spirit realm, but Ronin does flinch at the sound of yowling - Morticia's cries are answered threefold, and the Cat Sith prowl through the woods in search of any spirits they might sequester away.

Of course, the only truly 'lost' spirit here is Remi, given that he's apart from his body, and so the three felines twine about his legs, meowing and purring and trying to generally urge him to come along with them.

From Juniper and Ronin's point of view, there's just a lot of meowing and shifting in the dark, and the Huntsman glances up into the trees. "Do you think we could catch them?" he asks in a stage whisper.

Three Cat Sith have been attracted by spirit!Remi's presence and by Morticia's calls.

Do we try to catch them? Fight them? Spook them away? Post your suggestions and/or action, no post order!
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Oh. Glancing down at the three cats twining and curling around his legs, the alchemist kneels down to better inspect them. There's an odd...tugging somewhere in the back of his throat, and all at once Remi feels as though the balls of his feet are on fire. Glancing up at Delphia, he shakes his head slightly. This is such a strange feeling. He says, assuming the urge has come from the Cat Siths roaming around him. Is this always what it's like?

Rolling his shoulders and doing his best to ignore the way his body seems to want to run anywhere the cats would lead him, the alchemist glances toward Ronin and Juniper. They look hazy to him now as if their details were obscured by the spirit realm. Faintly his own body seemed to glow, becoming him back and away from the cats, but for now he ignored it.

Remi feels the pull of the Cat Siths wanting him to go with them!
THE ALCHEMIST
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Change author:
JUNIPER
"If they can step into the spirit realm, they might be quite difficult to catch," Juniper whispers back to Ronin. "Though since we do have our own representatives there ..."

She hesitated. It seemed cruel to kill the animals for doing only what they were made to do, but they had to be stopped somehow, and Juniper had brought a bow, not a net.

"If we could find some way to drive them from here until LongNight ends, I imagine Ludo could take over when it returns." Juniper bit her lip as she thought. "I do have some basic illusion magic -- I could make a loud sound or flashing light to scare them off. But I'm not sure if that would prevent them from returning as soon as we left."

Juniper suggests using illusion magic to scare off the Cat Siths, but she's uncertain, and will follow the others' lead.

table by Skylark
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
we make up horrors
"I don't know. The Cat Sith are not interested in me." Delphia said, having no basis of comparison. She was a dead soul perhaps, but her living form bestowed by Mort in exchange of her mother's sacrifice meant she wasn't dead enough. But unlike an actual dead soul, Remi was still alive and in control of his wits. Surely the pull of the creatures would not affect him too much. Hopefully.

"Silly little kitties
Chasing souls in the trees
Leave dear Remi for Mort
Why not play with me?"

Delphia's voice was melodic for her chipper tune, skipping here and there on the beat. The best way to distract a cat sith was with song and dance and general fun after all!

Delphia sings a little song and dances around to keep the Cat Sith distracted.
DELPHIA

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Oblivious to what might be happening in the spirit realm, Ronin can only go by what Juniper suggests, and he nods at her suggestion. "If we can just get them away from the woods for now, it will give us a little bit of time to decide how best we can keep them away until the sun returns?" he suggests. "I'll try and see what I can come up with..." And, with a glance at his husband's lifeless body, he can only hope that things are going better in the spirit realm.

Spoiler alert: they are not.

Delphia's song is beautiful, and the Cat Sith are enthralled by it... for all of about two seconds. But as Mort's daughter will well know, these creatures are as fickle as any of their regular feline counterparts. They come and wind around her legs for a small amound of time, meowing and purring and being a general adorable nuisance, before they suddenly bolt between Remi's legs.

The urge to follow will be stronger now than it ever has been, and the Cat Sith linger on the fringes of the trees, waiting for him.

Ronin suggests that Juniper use her illusion to try and spook off the Cat Sith, giving them time to try and keep them out of the woods for the rest of LongNight. He uses his INT to figure out how to make this work best!

Delphia's song works perfectly against the Cat Sith, but not for nearly long enough! They bolt away into the woods and beckon Remi's soul along with them.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
It should have jogged a memory in the back of Remi's mind, of a time where Ludo had tried to lull the Lullaby into drowning himself in a lake, or disappearing into the depths of the Woods never to be seen again. Instead of recalling those instances of deception though, the alchemist merely smiles warmly at the felines. There's no need to run, I'm coming. Remi chuckles, before glancing at Delphia and nodding that she should come along. I forgot how relaxing it was like this..unburdened by my body.

Indeed the alchemist finds himself sprinting after the cats with long and easy strides. The trees seem to part around him to enable his progress as he follows in the wake of the Cat Sith's like some lumbering pack member who knows that those ahead of him won't allow him to fall too far behind.

Remi follows the cats!
THE ALCHEMIST