baby blue shades
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
we keep on doing this again and again
the same old things expecting something different
He’d left Nate at home with the two twins that they couldn’t get off their minds. But while he’d otherwise worry about how it was going, the idea of him needing to be there, it’s different now given the fact that he’s come back with a gift. One that Nate isn’t expecting, which only makes it that much more fun.

He zips through the skies on the wings of his dragon shift, landing before a newly built home, a couple of small snowmen made of memory snow sitting on the porch, and a rather homey looking exterior despite them having not too much time to put it together before the cold set in. For what it is, though, it’s a comforting space and Locke would be able to feel the relief that swells within Sunjata at the sight of it. (Or maybe it’s because he’s so used to the things he has burning to the ground now).

On the flight he’d informed Locke of the blood ring, of how Nate would be able to hear him through the bond — because Sunjata plans to tell Nate to come outside to see just who he’s brought home.

His wings fold in and he waits for Locke to slip off his back. Skatjie— we have a guest for LongNight. Come outside. He croons through the bond, waiting to shift back into himself the second Locke’s out of the way.
but by now we know it's never gonna change
i'm not trying to complain, i'm just saying it's a waste
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

Today has been a lot of things but he'd rate it an overall pretty good so far. I mean, he got to ride a dragon. Suck it Ronin and his stupid tiny dragon having dragoons. Or whatever. He tries to keep the excitement tamped down as much as he can though, forcing himself to listen to all of Sunjata's explanations. The bond still only works one way for him but it'll be fine. He can't picture a situation in which the trio would need it, really. It does give him something to think about though.

He slips off Sunjata's back and moves away, giving the other man time to shift. Suddenly he's aware of his kind of ragged appearance. Locke can't remember the last time he's shaved.  He's nervous too, just in general. He's hung out with Nate but he's never spent any prolonged amount of time with the other man. Or Sunjata for that matter.

He looks at Sunjata as he calls Nate out, shifting a bit uncomfortably. Hadn't there been a crackle of jealousy before? He's suddenly very aware of how odd this all is. But Locke doesn't say anything, folding his arms behind his back as he admires the little house. Very cute.
I wanna make up my mind
But I don't know myself

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
A snowball wizzes by Locke's ear. It's the sort filled with ice and small stones that's meant to draw blood. It slams against the door of Sunjata and Nate's little cabin.

Knock, knock, Nate.
Random Event
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
- NATE -
I would do anything to
Tell you what I've been late to
Nate’s in the kitchen while Bart watches the twins, a strange little piece of domestic ease he’s not sure either of them actually know how to handle, but here they are. It’s nice, made nicer with the knowledge that Sunjata’s going to be back soon, maybe just in time for dinner.

And speak of the devil there’s that voice in his head, that familiar warmth calling out to him - literally in this case, Nate murmuring something about being right back before he moves dinner off the fire and steps out towards the door, just in time to hear the solid thud slam against it. I’m coming, you’re so impatient. There’s a laugh in Nate’s mental voice that cuts off when he open the door and sees the splattered remnants of the sharp snowball, the concerned looks on the faces of his husband and his friend.

Wait.

Nate steps forward and closes the door behind him, glancing around before reaching out with the length of his holographic arms and wrapping Locke in a hug. “Didn't think you were coming back so soon.” He teases, while silently sending a Did you see what threw that? Towards Sunjata.
Fix up my head and escape to
Where I can rest my eyes
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
It doesn’t take long for Locke to slide from his back, for Sunjata to shift back into himself – readjusting his jacket and fiddle with his gloves. His gaze lifts right in time to spy the snowball fly out from seemingly nowhere, splattering against the door and a mix of surprise crosses Sunjata’s face, while his neck and shoulders beneath the jacket spring up with feathers of surprise and scales of the dragon beneath it. I… He stutters in response to Nate – watching as his husband slips out the door and closes it behind him.

He’d thought all the LongNight monsters were gone? He’d also thought they’d been sequestered to the Grounds the whole time? Thirdly, why the fuck’s it throwing snowballs?

He supposes there’s time for questions later, a glance to Locke before Sunjata’s shifting to his bat shift to get to the door faster, landing and shifting into himself as soon as he’s on the porch step, making sure Locke has room to follow while simultaneously trying to block any other snowballs while Nate’s holographic arms illuminate the area a fraction in the hug for Locke. His head shakes in response to Nate, a pulse of concern crossing the bond in a way that both Locke and Nate would be able to feel and he works his jaw. No. But I think it’s probably safer inside. He suggests, reaching for the doorknob.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE

The snowball startles him, despite his best efforts to hide it. He isn't concerned, not at first. Maybe its their daughter, being a child. But then Nate appears before he can react further. He's wrapped in a brilliant blue light and Nate pulls him in. The hug is brief as Sunjata's concern laces through the bond. Oh. It's not their daughter then. But who throws snowballs as a threat?

"Didn't know I was either." Not that he meant to be gone. He let's Nate go, twisting to look behind them with golden, slitted pupils. Strange. But he let's Nate go before him. After all, surely they weren't aiming for him? He's not even meant to be here.
I wanna make up my mind
But I don't know myself
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
I would do anything to
Confusion and concern both ripple through Nate in equal amounts, but compared to the year before, a snowball is nothing. He tries to sink into the weight of Locke's arms instead, his hand patting between the attuned's shoulders while he turns to shoot a worried look towards Sunjata, then out into the darkness. "Well I'm glad you're here, man. Feels like it's been too long." Nate laughs, and sends a soft mental Think you might be right. towards his husband at the same time. The door opens easily, warmth and light spilling out to greet them while Nate gestures for Sunjata to hurry up, leaning away from Locke and pushing him into the door so he can bring up the rear, with one last glance thrown over his shoulder.

Bart is sprawled out asleep on their makeshift couch, a baby curled up in either arm, thankfully fast asleep. Nate feels himself melt a little at the sight, tension bleeding out of him like a leaky cup while he turns them into the kitchen instead, false arms appearing once again to drape a blanket on top of his brother and sons both.

"Coffee?" He offers in a whisper, already moving to grab mugs and a bottle of something strong, a questioning brow thrown towards Locke. Nate knows his husband well enough to know what he wants by this point.
Where I can rest my eyes
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
There’s no doubt in Sunjata’s mind that the snowball was aimed for Nate – but at the very least they’re inside and Sunjata steps aside to cast a glance at Bart with the twins curled up in both of his arms, feeling some small amount of relief at the sight of it, despite the way he twists all up once again as he slips into the kitchen, draws up a chair for Locke and Nate, before sinking into one himself – a hand rising to run through his hair before he leans back.

There’s a part of him that knows the question isn’t for him, and he settles in his seat as his gaze flickers between Locke and Nate. “Hopefully that’s the worst of what awaits this LongNight.” And thankfully, it is, though he doesn’t know that yet. Still, his gaze drifts toward Locke with a small crooked smile tugging at the edge of a scarred lip. “Congrats, Locke, you’re one of basically five people that know where we live now.” He hums quietly, playfully, trying to swallow down the awkward tinge in his stomach of jealousy that wants to rear its head again.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

He follows after the two men, looking around as they make their way into the house. Whatever unease from before fades when he sees babies. Not just one but two! And that one guy! He's not sure he's ever been properly introduce but hey, he looks kind of like Nate. Maybe his brother? But he's urged along and into the kitchen. He sits at the offered chair, looking between Nate and Sunjata.

"Coffee's fine." He doesn't really drink it but he'll take some now. It's cold and how long has it been since he's had anything other than meat or river water? "So, gotta ask, the kids yours'? Or?" Locke was pretty sure they were both dudes but maybe nephews? Or just general magical fuckery? Either way, he keeps his voice soft as he speaks, not wanting to wake the sleeping trio.

Some part of him, an older part, wants to ask a favor to keep it a secret, this place. But they are doing him a favor. He could be sleeping in the cold and potential danger. "Lucky me. And lucky you, I have no intention of telling on you." He wants to ask why so secretive but he doesn't. He can put two and two together.
I wanna make up my mind
But I don't know myself
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
I would do anything to
"Sure would be lucky if it was." Somehow, Nate manages to laugh in the face of the impending Longnight, and it's early trick. There's no part of him that trusts it, suspicion and concern keeping his shoulders up, his head cocked to listen for something, anything that might try creeping up from outside. False hands move around the kitchen while ANte leans against the counter, lingering at the edge of the conversation easily while muscle memory does all the heavy lifting involved with actually making the coffee.

The crease in Nate's brows softens slightly at Locke's question, a new lightness creeping into the slant of his smile. "We rescued them actually. A woman was..." his hand dances in their air while he searches for the word he wants, glancing at Sunjata for help "moving? And got caught out by a monster. They were in her wagon." He doesn't mention the back and forth they'd had, the second-guessed decision to give them up to something better - it doesn't matter now that they're here.

He turns when the kettle boils, needing at least a little bit of focus as he fills the mugs he'd grabbed, a couple lumps of sugar spooned into each before he stirs in a generous two shots of liquor to top them off. The first mug is settled in front of Locke, Nate patting his head with the newly emptied hand and mumbling a 'Good boy' before settling into the chair Sunjata had pulled out for him. His husbands mug is pressed directly into his hands, Nate's legs both lifting to settle heavily on the attuned's lap.

"So how'd you come out so far this way? I thought you'd hang around Torchline more." Nate can't help his nosiness, following the question up with a generous sip of his coffee.
Where I can rest my eyes
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It isn’t really his place to interject with idle chatter – instead settling back in his chair beside the one he’d pulled for his husband, gaze glued to the Ascended’s back. Sunjata’s certainly not the one to make any kind of coffee that’s palatable, despite his attempts at getting better, and he’s content to watch while Nate speaks and gestures around the kitchen as if it were nothing more than a simple get together.

That’s what it is, isn’t it?

His lip twitches and his gaze flickers back to Locke at the question, but ultimately settles when Nate speaks, nodding along. “We were simply getting more familiar with the area when we stumbled across it. Tried to save her too but she didn’t get far. Found the twins, though, and brought them home.” He also intentionally leaves out their waffling over the idea of raising more children together, content to offer a brighter smile toward Locke and a huff of a laugh, lips parting to rumble a good, when Nate’s setting the mug in front of Locke and the words that leave his husband’s lips have an uncomfortable flare of pure and surprising jealousy twisting in his gut.

The amused smile turns bitter for a split second, the Flood slipping up that mask again to try and drown it out from the bond before either of the two men in the kitchen sense it, pouring all of his focus into the mug placed in his hands with a hum of a “thank you, Skatjie.” Lifting the mug to his lips with one hand while the other drops to Nate’s legs settled in his lap, cup lowering once he’s finished his sip and cradled easily between both scarred hands. And he’s silent once again, gaze rising briefly to Locke to see how he answers it – if it spurs on another one of those bitter, angry arguments that they’d shared on the Last Step over just how much Edmund looked more like the Flood than it did Locke.

And internally he tries to war with the spike of jealousy, a small anxious tick in the way he rubs his thumb along Nate’s calf, twisting his wedding ring with the movement.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

He watches Nate flit around the kitchen, intensely curious about the arms but not quite finding the right words to ask the questions he has. Instead he settles in to listen to their story, although its rather short. He hums softly, looking back towards where the sleeping babes were. "Guess it's good you found them then." Despite his appearance, Locke has always had a soft spot for babies. "They got names yet? We'll have to arrange a playdate some day."

Locke is mostly able to tamp down any weird feelings he might have about this whole thing (mostly he misses getting to be a dad. Weird.) and is further aided when Nate brings him the coffee. His mouth opens in response but then the warm, heavy weight of Nate's hand presses down on his head. His face is instantly red and all he can think about is that time in on the hospital bed.

Despite his best efforts, the touch-starved man leans into the touch just a bit until it's gone. His eyes find Sunjata's and he's not sure if he can read the man well enough to read what's there. "Thank you, Nate." He says it softly, a touch lower in tone than normal. He contemplates behaving but he's being offered a rare opportunity to do something both stupid and petty.

He takes a drink, sighing softly. Coffee really isn't his thing but it's really hitting the spot at the moment. "Just wanted to get away for a bit. But then I kind of got lost. Then I wound up here. Don't think it's so bad though. Love getting to spend time with you." He's not flirting, not at all.
I wanna make up my mind
But I don't know myself
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
– NATE –
It’s lucky we found them.” Nate corrects without thinking about it, his shoulders rolling in an easy shrug. “But it’s good that we kept them.” Sunjata’s flare of jealousy is only masked by the way Nate is suddenly focused on craning to look at the babies in the next room, tongue dipping out of his mouth with the strain. “Amadeus is on the left, and Romeo is on the right.” There’s a smug little trill in his voice as he settles back down, lifting a brow at the flush splashed across Locke’s face.

A hand settles in Sunjata’s hair, just behind his ear, Nate’s fingers tracing out a soft, senseless pattern while he focused on their guest, the corners of his lips sliding up into a smile. He twists a curl around his finger and tugs, just as he starts to speak. “Well I’m glad you found your way somewhere. And I’m extra glad,” another tug, rougher this time, “that you found here.” He takes a slow sip of his coffee and leaves his eyes on Locke, only turning to look at his husband after he lowers the mug again.

Would you believe I thought you two wouldn’t get along?” There’s something knowing in the piercing blue eyes, something unsaid and unthought, Nate’s side of the bond still a warm and fuzzy buzz, and his tone the same. “And now we’ve got the week with a full house.” His smirk grows wider and his hand grows gentler again, fingers stroking through Sunjata’s loose brown waves. “Thats lots of time spent together.
I’m in trouble for the things I haven’t got to yet
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He loses his focus on the conversation with the pulse of jealousy that coats him in oil, a kind of nervous anxious tic in the way his thumb rubs against the side of Nate’s calf, only distracted by the words that slip from Locke, one that has the edge of his scarred lip curling in a bit of a frown, hearing the low rumble that leaves the other man that has the Flood’s insides twisting about uncomfortably.

And just before he has a chance to say anything about it, to cut Locke off before he has a chance to begin, there’s cool fingers in his hair behind his ear, there’s a tug, and it shuts him down, swirls away that jealousy for later, Sunjata swallowing hard a split second before the second, rougher tug is felt and there’s a slight shiver that races down his spine, his head lowering and a breath leaving him.

There’s the immediate reaction with the nyala horns that spiral from his head, curling around his skull with gilded tips as he looks away from Locke to meet his husband’s gaze. “Did you?” He asks, as if he was completely oblivious to that fact, as well as the fact that they hadn’t really, at least not this time, not until some truths got let off their chests. He breaks his gaze from his husband’s to take another healthy sip of the coffee, sighing with the liquor poured in, warmth spreading in his gut, and he looks up briefly from the cup to Locke. “Yes. We do.” He murmurs a bit unhelpfully, thumb slowing on its stroke along the Ascended’s calf. “And no sun in sight for a while.” It comes out offhandedly, Sunjata shifting slightly in the chair, keeping Nate’s legs where they are with an almost possessive way that his arm drapes across them.