breathe eternity
for Cordelia
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Not long after they’d made it to Torchline, through long walks and shifts and lack of encounters with monsters, did the letter arrive. He’d kept it tucked within his pocket for some length of time, as they traversed and traveled beneath cloaks of heavy darkness, following after lines of bonfires, parties and celebrations that he didn’t understand – couldn’t, after years of staying within the confines of the Grounds, knowing the way death hung and clung to its air. No moon and no stars and nothing in between, before he threaded and led their way to a series of isles that seemed to shift.

A heavy sigh tucked into his chest, enveloped around his lungs, before taking the paper out, and handing it over to Cordelia. “I received this,” and he turned the light of his torch towards the parchment, waiting for her to read the contents. Spyglasses and Orders and relics, with mentions of Noah recommending him for some team orchestration of obtaining precious artifacts before the Ascended could – and what it would signify, mean, for an evening. Some clarity, some unknowns, and a lot of mess in between.
under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

There was a nervousness that swirled in her belly. She was eager to see Noah again. To reunite with the Sentinel after the way he left things, disappearing into the night without a word, sending a letter sometime later to let them know he was okay. The trip was an easy one. There wasn't much that they had to worry about between the two of them. Still, she was anxious to be reunited with Noah. To have both of them by her side once more.

It seemed that wasn't to be the case. Deimos pressed the letter into her hands, causing her brows to knit together, the corners of her lips turning down into a frown. "What's this?" She asked softly, growing silent as she read over the words, putting two and two together. What this meant. The danger that came with it. "Oh... You're going then?"
Present all your pretty feelings
May they comfort you tonight
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
The Sword had a particular skill in patience, in diligence, in waiting. He could stand amidst silence while worlds gathered under the breadth of his calculations, directions, and accord, or even now, in the midst of Cordelia reading, understanding, and comprehending the next course of action. Something bitter stoked in his chest, and maybe it was a promise he couldn’t make (to ensure she was safe) while he went and wandered into the Peepholes with the rest of their predetermined party. “Yes. It should just be for an evening.” She could likely ascertain why without too much prompting – the need for relics to be found before the Ascended could snag them, before war pressed and loomed and orchestrated far more than what they were facing currently.

Deimos didn’t like leaving anyone behind. His brows furrowed in the torchlight, in the haze of beyond beacons, the roar of parties echoing like throngs – drunken hooligans from somewhere down the lane boasting. “Will you be all right?”
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia

It felt silly to be on the verge of tears. They pricked behind her eyes suddenly and she drew in a sharp breath, a poor attempt to steel herself, knowing this couldn't be avoided. The need was too great and the cost at not getting this relic much too large. Still, it didn't stop her from worrying for him. For Noah. They were all she'd known this last season. The idea of losing both of them was enough to make her heart seize painfully in her chest. There was no telling what lay in wait for them there. If the Ascended had already tried unsuccessfully to receive it she had no doubt whatever was there was going to be a challenge.

Still, she needed to be strong. It wouldn't do to have them worrying about her alone. Cordelia's grip tightened on the letter and she gave a quick nod despite the sheen of tears that would be clear in the low torchlight. "I will be. You'll be careful, right?" The question was barely more than a whisper, voice threatening to tremble as she suddenly surged forward, seizing him in a hug. "I can't lose both of you. I need you to be careful. Please."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
Deimos hadn’t expected Cordelia’s emotions. Not when he’d spent multitudes of time used to very few caring whether he was alive or not. It had come with ruthlessness, with his occupation, with impassive antics that drew nonchalance from many a party – but he’d altered too, had forgotten others did the same. He gave a light snort, perhaps to wage and wave away the sentiments, the ruminations, of her worry and concern. It was easier to pretend he didn’t matter, than to face other bombardments of why, to dig deep into the value of self-worth. “As much as I can,” he promised; though it was an idle thing, a rumble in his lungs and out into the bonfire air.

He also hadn’t anticipated the hug, and laughed within the hold, a soft filament destined to flicker out. The Sword returned the gesture though, granting strong arms and convictions, and then a pat on her head, some volley of reassurance. “Would you be willing to watch Zuriel and Belial for me?” His gaze slipped to the companions – the latter bounding along the sand amidst the darkness, and the former staring at him rigidly, likely very unhappy with whatever she was sensing; notions of being left behind for her own safety. “And I am certain they will prove to be dutiful protectors.”
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Cordelia knew it was silly to be so worried. Not just about Deimos, but Noah too. They were both plenty capable. More than that, they weren't going alone. There were going to be with Remi and Ronin. Two people that Cordelia knew from the rumors were highly capable individuals. I know." She sighed, lingering in his embrace for a moment, taking comfort from someone she'd come to see as a brother. Her lips twitched into a smile as he gave her head a pat, drawing back from his embrace to wrap her arms around herself, still holding onto the letter with one hand.

"Of course. We'll keep each other occupied, I'm sure." Cordelia said softly, flicking her jade eyes towards the two companions, knowing that one was likely more enthused than the other at being given a night of relative freedom. "You don't need to worry about them. I'll keep an eye on them."

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
A festive jingling rings out, sounding merry and bright despite the starless darkness that lurks like a heavy wet cloak.

jingle jingle.
Random Event
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
the resurrected sword
A small smile followed, nearly imperceptible save for the corner of his mouth. He drew another long breath, listening, and then his eyes following over to the peryton and unicorn again, at a loss. His hand reached out for Zuriel’s mane, toying with the braid while she regarded him with a contemptuous look. “Thank you. I appreciate it.” There might’ve been more said, had he not heard something else.

A jingle; not unlike the ones the insects had emitted. He furrowed his brow and stilled, save for turning over his palm, allowing for fire to emblazon itself in a miniature tower. “I think we should move closer to the others,” jutting his chin towards the fellow beach-goers and their party further down the island, who didn’t seem remotely bothered by whatever noises toyed out in the darkness. It set him on edge, a sudden rigidness to his spine, a narrowing of his eyes as he gazed out towards the horizon – a warning sent to Belial to not go any further (tempted as the peryton was).
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

The jingling caught her attention, eyes instantly narrowing as she tried to get a better look in the darkness, but being unable to partially shift her eyes left her limited. She drew closer to Deimos as he encouraged them to head for the beach, nodding in agreement as she drew away from their spot towards a more populated area. "I'll wait at the inn for you. Come back safely, okay?" She was repeating herself, but it felt necessary to say, needing him to know that there would be someone who would miss him if he didn't come back. Miss them.

With nothing left to do, Cordelia drew him into another hug, giving him a tight squeeze. He would come back. Both of them would. That's what she had to tell herself. Otherwise tonight would leave her restless. Though it likely would anyway.

~FIN <3~