to dream of the cold
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
finn
it always seems more quiet in the dark
Finn has invited Noah to speak with him in his office, including directions to the Collegium and the door towards the back which declares it as belonging to The Spyglass. Longnight still reigns supreme, so lanterns and candles offer the shelves, offices and study spaces a cozy sort of atmosphere, and even though Finn keeps his space as minimalist and tidy as possible, it doesn't escape the warm fuzzies.

The Spyglass himself is seated at his desk, a few books and maps open at his elbow and a roll of parchment before him which he's dilligently working on. His door is open - a rarity in itself - and he gently adjusts his glasses where they've started to slip down the bridge of his nose. He has no worries about when Noah decides to visit - he'll likely be here for hours yet.
it always feels so stark
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Online
Change author:
MP: 1005

Noah Olson

We all want something to hold in the night
We don't care if it hurts or we're holding too tight

This longnight was the busiest the hunter had been in a while. For the majority of his life, Longnight looked like gathering with his family, or a few families, and huddling in the most warm and well-stocked house. To spend time together sharing stories and eating and drinking, forgetting the darkness and eternal cold just outside their doors. He was not used to this sort of action. Even when he had the entirety of Halo kept safe in the magical academy he had not been as busy as he is now. Between meetings of this nature and that, the new demigod had little time for himself.

Not that he really needed it. He had things to accomplish, after all. His life was no longer his own.

Finding the directions rather easy, even with only the torchlight to guide him, Noah made his way towards Finn with ease. Like with Cian's office, Noah found the door open. "Finn," Noah greeted, tapping his knuckles on the doorframe gently to gather the man's attention before he entered.

Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
finn
Absorbed in his work as he is, Finn doesn't notice the presence of the demigod until he speaks up. Stormy eyes flick up from his work almost instantly, the Spyglass starting to hear his name, and he glances across to his door. "Noah," he greets, reaching up to rub at his eyes beneath his glasses with one hand, the other beckoning for the other man to step inside. "Please, come and take a seat."

It's strange for Finn to have guests in his office, honestly, and perhaps it's because this is a novelty that it throws the Spyglass off. Etiquette dictates that he ought to offer Noah a drink, but of course he doesn't keep such things in his office. (Why would he?) So instead he merely stares at the Sentinel for a beat or two, then remembers the purpose of his invitation to the office. "I have been told by Cian that there is another relic - this time in the Sea of Glass, in Halo. I am to investigate it, and I thought it only pertinent that you at least know, given your background."
it always feels so stark
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Noah Olson

The differences in Finn's office to Cian's are not lost on Noah. There is a chair, but it is piled high with books and papers that he dare not move to sit down. Instead, he merely enters the office to which be is beckoned and stands before Finn's desk. The fire, alive and keeping the room warm, was not as grand as the fire that greeted him in Cian's office, but it still made the Sentinel strip his outermost layer and hold it over crossed arms.

He was not sure what to expect from the Spyglass, but it was not the words that came from him.

Noah's brows drew together and he took a step back, sitting on the arm of the chair that was full of books and papers. His mouth opened some, as if he would offer some sort of explanation or knowledge of such an artifact, but nothing came out. Taking in a deep breath, Noah held his jacket tighter and looked at Finn with hard, serious eyes. "If Morgan knows about this relic, she has told the ascended." He was confident of it -- he was confident of her ties to them no matter what her mouth said. She shared a bed with one. She was as untrustworthy as they came -- just as Noah thought Sunjata to be. "What do you need to know? There is nothing in the world I know better than Halo."

Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
finn
If Finn realises that he has accidentally sabotaged his own attempts at propriety (the books and papers are left over from where he has been trying to clean and alphabetise the last of his bookshelves, he'll later notice) he doesn't show it, the Spyglass carefully taking off his glasses before he dares to look at Noah too closely - there's never any telling what staring at a demigod's aura will do to him.

His jaw feathers to hear about Morgan, about the Ascended - because of course it is going to be a race against time. "I see," he murmurs. "Are you able to navigate to the Sea of Glass? Cian has told me that whatever this relic is, it will depend on us being able to get through that ice. If you know of anyone who would be willing to help when it comes to such a task, that would be very helpful."
it always feels so stark
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah Olson

"I can." Noah could take anyone to any inch of Halo they wanted to see. He spent his entire life navigating that tundra. He knew it like the back of his hand, even with the shifting snow and ice. "The problem will be getting me there without the use of a portal and going through the Citadel. There are Halovians that still support me, that want Morgan and the ascended out...but they are not powerful." Noah did not take his eyes off of Finn as they spoke, even as the man shifted his gaze around him. "Deimos is the most powerful mage I know, and has mastered every element known to us. But to break through the ice...that's never been done. We would need a great deal of power..." With Noah being in Stormbreak, he did not know about Sah's attempt with Morgan and Neron, either.

"It would be possible to call on the help of the gods. There is a shrine to them at the shore of the Sea of Glass. I would be wary to call on the Eirachi. I assume you know of her. The history of Halo is that the climate is her doing -- the more my people have asked for her help, the more she has claimed the land for her own." Noah shifted his weight some, the line of worry deepening on his forehead. "It would be complicated, Finn, but I would aid in any way I can."

Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
finn
Despite himself, Finn feels his shoulders start to relax. He should have expected, of course, that Noah would know everything there was to know about Halo, but to hear it from him directly is another matter entirely. "Thank you," he says softly. "Even if the extent of your help is this information, it is still very useful for me. I was considering that as an Accepted I might channel a herald to assist us. I did not realise that there was a shrine so close to the Sea of Glass as well, though."

He furrows his brow to hear the other man's opinion on the Eirachi, nodding to indicate that yes, he has absolutely heard of her. "I had considered calling on her for help as well," he confesses. "Either that or Tanau, of the Climb." And there is Deimos mentioned again, the Spyglass chewing at the inside of his cheek. "I am wary of calling too heavily on those we have already put in danger," he confesses. "But in matters like these, I daresay we will have no choice."

As for the bugbear of getting into Halo, Finn raises his eyes at last to Noah's face. "Have you considered joining the Order?" he asks softly.
it always feels so stark
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah Olson

The urge to do whatever it takes to get to Halo and to fulfill this mission was nearly overpowering. The hunter felt jumpy and itchy as he sat against the arm of Finn's over-full chair. His jaw feathered as Finn spoke, the Sentinel becoming more and more cold stone as the conversation went on. To him, this was more than just about findind relics to help in the war. This was another avenue Noah could take to protect his people -- something that he yearned for above all else. "Despite the difficulties, I would like to find a way to accompany the party you choose." Still, he did not take his eyes off of Finn.

"I don't know much of Tanau...and those that helped free him are either gone, or ascended. What other gods do you know, or would consider calling on?" Noah asked. "I know Deimos well enough to know that when it comes to matters of Halo, the man is willing to risk his life for the safety of those people." Noah contemplated telling Finn what he had told Cian, which was that he still intended to free his people from the Voice and her influence -- and that meant dethroning Morgan once more. Instead, he kept it carefully to himself, for it was another matter entirely. "Deimos is on this side in the war. Keeping him as an ally is something we cannot afford to lose." Noah's tone was firm, and his words rang true far above the fact that he and Deimos were friends. Though he may not have chosen to become a demigod of Safrin, which Noah did not know, Deimos' powers and abilities and blessings from her were too powerful to deny.

"Cian and I are discussing it." in a thread that is still ongoing Noah said with a nod.

Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
finn
With his eyes dancing any which way away from Noah, Finn misses the intensity of the other man's gaze, and besides, with his ability at reading non-verbal cues stunted to say the least, he has no idea how much the Sentinel wants to be a part of this. Luckily, he's more than happy to take it at face value. "Then I will let you know once my plans for the expedition are finished, and we can go together," he decides.

Knowing little of Deimos save for what Noah has told him (and what his own research has garnered), Finn gives a slow nod, and perhaps a hint of a smile lifts the corners of his lips. "Perhaps an invitation to Halo, then, would be better coming from you," he suggests. As for the gods, Finn sits back in his seat, examining the map that sprawls across his desk. "I was going to call on Frey's nature aspect," he says. "Though after speaking with Cian, I am unsure whether or not Safrin might be a better idea. I don't know whether it would offend her, to call on her to perform a task she has set out for us to do."

And the Eye's name continues to pervade the conversation, Finn nodding again and lifting his gaze, at last, to somewhere beyond Noah's shoulder. "Should you decide to take him up on the offer to join, you will receive a compass that you may find very useful, when it comes to travelling without use of a portal."
it always feels so stark
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah Olson

It is only when Finn decides verbally that Noah is welcome on the exhibition that the demigod relaxes some. He unclenched his fist's grip from around his coat, and his shoulders dropped slightly from the release of tension. He let out a breath, and nodded again, "Thank you. I will speak with Deimos about it. He might have some ideas, as well. He knows the land well." In another life, Deimos had lived in a place such as Halo -- ruled it in fact. Halo was an extension of his soul, as it was Noah's. They were kindred spirits of the ice and snow.

"Hmm. Before Vi chose me I was ardently following the nature aspect of Frey. We called on them many times to help fortify Halo and keep its people safe. They helped provide us a greenhouse in which to grow vegetables all year, as well as protecting the Citadel from the harshest of Halo's temperatures." Noah explained, trying to provide enough information for Finn to understand that Frey had its fingers in Halo, and of the lands that Noah knew, was invested there because the people invested in them -- except that would all change, Noah suspected, given Morgan's leaning to the new gods. "I don't know much of Safrin, to be honest." Except for her to have a tendency towards vanity, but Noah didn't dare speak that out loud, wondering if Finn might be devoted to her. "Between the two options, what do you think are the benefits or the costs? What do you know of them?"

Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
finn
With that much settled, at least, Finn gives a nod to the affirmative and picks up his pencil once more to jot down the names of the two men and the course of action decided before it escapes him. He meticulously tidies away his notes and other scraps of paper whilst listening to Noah's explanation, leaving only the map spanning the desk between the two of them. "I wasn't aware that Frey was so heavily involved in Halo," he admits, rubbing at one stormy eye beneath his glasses.

"I have had the honour of meeting both," he says slowly. "Frey has always been a great help to me, regardless of the aspect. I have found them to be empathetic and kind, which I know some might find unusual." Still, the Spyglass can't help but smile to remember his experiences with the deity. "Safrin, too, has been nothing but pleasant to me, though I have only spoken to her once before at a shrine. I think for this, perhaps, Frey is probably our better choice. Especially given what you have said about them in Halo."
it always feels so stark
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah Olson

"I have to agree. If Frey has been helpful to you, combined with their investment in Halo, it makes clear sense." Noah straightened his posture some. "You said before that Safin gave this task to us,"--Noah guess that meant humanity, her followers or those devout of the old gods--"so I do not think it too far off for her to believe that it can be pulled off without her." He was making assumptions here, but from the reputation he knew of the goddess, it made sense to him. Or, at the very least, he wanted it to make sense to him. It very well could be that the goddess had given this task knowing the people would need to rely on her and call on her for help. Noah pushed aside the opposing thoughts for the moment.

"Is there anything else you'd like to discuss?" He lifted his brow at Finn curiously, shifting his weight again. From his position on the arm of the chair, the backs of his legs had started to feel numb, but the hunter had not been aware of it until this moment when he adjusted his body.

Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
finn
Although he still has similar reservations about choosing Frey over Safrin - would the lady of the stars consider it a sleight, that they had not chosen her for this task? - what Noah has to say soothes Finn's doubts enough for him to commit to the decision in his mind. "It does make sense," he agrees, as if to confirm it to himself as well as to the other man. And he is still staring in deep thought down at the map of Halo when Noah's voice breaks his reverie once more, Finn blinking up at him.

"That was all," he murmurs with a soft smile. "Thank you for all of your help - again. Once I have finalised the arrangements I will let you know. Although I do not know what to suggest, should you not have a compass to hand." With getting to Halo, he means. "Have a good LongNight, Noah."

~FIN
it always feels so stark