open my chest and color my spine
Quest turn-in
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
she tied you to her kitchen chair
she broke your throne and she cut your hair
When the sun finally rises at the end of the week, Wessex finds herself both eager and slightly disappointed. It was wonderful to have a week of (relative) calm and safety in the Grounds and yet, there are things to be done, and she needs to see their Goddess.

Loki clambers into a little sling Wessex has made for her (as she no longer fits comfortably around the demigoddess’s shoulders) and off the two of them pop to the shrine in the Fangs - where there’s plenty of open air and no one but the Ursurs and Frost Giants to see them. She takes a moment to read again the words inlaid in gold on the wall and then lifts her head to where the Voice usually appears.

“Lady,” she calls to the frigid silence, “I’ve been able to do what was needed for the bird.” Flying, attacking, and defending - all in new bodies, with new capabilities. The Wraith is ready to throw the world a curve ball, if her Goddess is as well.

------------------

Wessex completed the following reqs:

1. Practice flying, whether from a borrow shift or some other means
- when i look at the man who would be king - Flying with Sunjata in his dragon shift

2. Complete 2 training threads completely shifted. One thread should be focused on attacking, and the other on defending.
- {Training} sweating on the inside - Attacking w/ Locke in his jaguar shift
- {Training} iron and ore - Defending w/ Nikolai in Ray's panther shift (not Fin'ed, but has been turned in and accepted for seasonal training reqs)
and from your lips she drew
the hallelujah

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
i'll be your hope, i'll be your love, be everything that you need.
Electricity sizzles and sparks off of the glittering walls of the cave, bright with excitement that's as palpable as it is intoxicating. Appearing in a glitch of blue light, the Voice beams at Wessex. "I have been eagerly awaiting your return, my brightest one." She says, her eyes sparking. "What we are attempting I have never before done...but I am confident that if any are strong enough to weild this new ability, it is you."

The shrine begins to flicker with light, as a veil of blue static descends, forming a surface that looks not unlike an operating table. "Come. Lay down." She says, gesturing toward the light.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
As always, Wessex’s smile grows easily at the sight of her Goddess. Loki claws her way out of the sling and trills a greeting to the Voice as well before leaping to the ground. “I’m sorry it took longer than expected,” she murmurs, slightly apologetic but not too hard on herself. Basking the Voice’s electric radiance, it’s only the shrinking of her smile to something more tight and nervous that betrays her own hesitancy when she hears it reiterated that this has never been done before.

“I trust your work.” And she does. Completely. If nothing else, she does think the Goddess somewhat of a genius.

Laying down, she has to gently push away Loki’s nose before looking up and giving her consent with a decisive nod. She’s ready. Come what may.
the hallelujah

Change author:
The Voice's flash of a smile toward Loki is brief, but only for her excitement. Rather than pulling in a breath, the Voice seems to soak in the electricity dazzling around her, until all light has ceased to spark save for the brightness of her eyes.

Pressing her finger to the center of Wessex's forehead, cables sprout from her wrists as light streams from her eyes onto the ascended before her. A hologram of the demigod will appear over the Wraith's body so that she might watch the changes currently taking place. Upgrades lodge themselves seamlessly into her arms, the balls of her feet, and wrap around her spine. They sink in, expand, and integrate unlike any other upgrades. These cannot be stolen or pulled out. These are a part of Wessex now. Are Wessex now.

Standing back, not breathless but perhaps slightly less vibrant, the Voice pulls back her fingers and the cabling. "Can you feel it?" She wonders.

Wessex has received a bio-mechanical shift!

Mech-Minokawa: A bird roughly the size of an SUV. With bones and feathers made of lightweight steel, this shift is able to fly via Voice-given upgrades in its body rather than through natural means. The edges of the Mech-Minokawa's feathers are razor sharp and can be individually shot out, at will.

Mythical Ability: Feather shoot
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Being able to watch exactly what is being done to her is fascinating - she does her best to try and remember so she can recount the process to Isla (and maybe Nate) later. The process as a whole seems like the kind of thing select siblings might find interesting and without any pain to distract her, her eyes dart from one bit to the next.

The totality of it all leaves her speechless.

And when prompted, when the Voice is finished, she easily sits up, looking at her hands and then running her fingertips along the bits of spine that she can reach. How does it feel?Big, she says, widening her eyes in emphasis and then laughing at how silly that sounds. “And powerful.” Suddenly starting at the realization of the added ability, a fanged smile grows wide again. “And shooting metal feathers? Fucking awesome.

The Wraith pushes herself to standing and with a heartfelt expression, offers “Thank you. I have so many questions about which way we need to go this year, but - I think that can wait for a couple of days while we check out the Sea of Glass. I don’t suppose you know how to crack it open? I thought Eirachi might be best to ask, but if there’s any easier way…?”
the hallelujah

Change author:
Revealing a flash of white, the Voice smiles. "Good." She agrees, and though she has no need of breath, there is an airy and dark quality to her tone as she nods her head. "I doubt it will take you long to get used to." Both in terms of accuracy and the ability to fly in this body. Wessex had been nothing over the years, if not a quick study.

Mention of the Sea of Glass has the Voice's eyes flashing thoughtfully. "The Eirachi is a wise way to start. It is her magic that keeps Halo frozen, though...a great amount of heat would probably put a dent in it." The Voice considers silently for a moment. "The Sea of Glass was frozen when I was a young child. Even mastered fire and lightning alone might not do it. Magic from the heralds could melt it...though you would be wise to keep celestial fire and energy far, far away from yourself. You would not withstand trying to wield it."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
News that the Sea of Glass had been frozen for so long has Wessex nodding thoughtfully, though she isn’t so surprised that mastered magic hadn’t been able to crack the surface. Halo is cold. The Sea even colder, and she’s felt the power of the Eirachi herself.

And if celestial magic is out? “So the only other option is lava from the Climb… but that, too, is very dangerous for us. Too dangerous.” For everyone, actually. She imagines that that might not be so easy to control and the last thing she wants is to send a flow of lava unchecked towards the Citadel. And she knows how water hurts Eirachi’s brother yes, she forgets his name at the moment, and finds herself unwilling at the moment to put him through that again. With a wrinkle of her nose and a grimace, the Wraith sucks it up and bends herself towards the next steps, as she always does.

“Guess it’s to the Eirachi, then. Thank you, Lady. I’ll be back to use the COTY award soon.”

{FIN}
the hallelujah