Secret adventure and uncovered secrets
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
EDMUND

Edmund had somehow managed to sneak away from his mum's careful watch. The Queen had been rather busy but even so, it had taken quite a bit of careful maneuvering on the child's part. But of course he left a note. Edmund didn't want his mummy to worry after all. So he let a note about where he was going and when he'd be back on her desk.

His responsibilities covered, Edmund headed out from the city. All he had was a small backpack of snacks and thing of water. After a while he wandered into the land around the Apopo. Craning his neck up, the child attempted to see the top of the mountains. "Wow!" It was incredible! Edmund was eager to explore further but he wasn't sure where. He glanced around curiously, trying to decide where to go next.
I never realized how beautiful
Fires burn under the stars
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
we keep on doing this again and again
the same old things expecting something different
With light now returned and the snows melting slowly from Deepfrost, Sunjata’s quite relieved when Flowerbirth takes root. He’s back in Torchline for a brief moment, collecting a few things needed for the house to finish it up and start making it all that much more like a home. He’s flying through the trees of Apopo in his macaw shift, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. And it works, as he stumbles across a lone child in the woods, infusion blaring in his thoughts and he finds himself drifting down and down until he reaches the ground.

He shifts back into himself on the edge of the clearing, remaining in view for the child as to not spook him when he approaches. He’s tall, bundled up in a warm sweater, thick boots tromping over the newly growing grasses. There’s concern in his gaze and it’s clear he doesn’t recognize the child as he sweeps his gaze along for any parents or teachers nearby. “Hey there,” he begins, his accented voice crossing the space between them. “Are you alright?” A quiet way of asking if he needed help getting back home, wherever home was.
but by now we know it's never gonna change
i'm not trying to complain, i'm just saying it's a waste
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
EDMUND

Edmund startled when a vaguely familiar voice called out. Turning, he eyed the man for a moment before a wide grin appeared. "Mr. Sunjata! Hi!" The child jogged over, stopping a few front of feet in front of the man. He held out a hand, "It's me Edmund! Nice to finally meet you properly!" He paused, biting his lip in contemplation. "I remember when Mummy too me to meet you. I was smaller then."

Another thing about that meeting weighed on the child. He recalled strong, warm arms. But also overwhelming sadness. "Are you happier now Mr. Sunjata? Do you need another hug?" Edmund was more then happy to hug the man if that was what was required to cheer him up. Sunjata was clearly a friend of his mummy's so Edmund wanted to help. That and he kind of wanted to just hug the man anyway.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Mr. Sunjata?

Dark brows raise in a bit of surprise as the child bolts over toward him – Sunjata’s gaze scanning the boy, trying to figure out where they’d met. It doesn’t take long before the boy’s announcing his name and Sunjata’s not sure whether to be more panicked, more relieved, or more confused. There’s a hand jutted out toward him and he takes it in a small shake – using his lightning scarred hand to do so given that it’s his nondominant hand. “Oh, you’ve grown up fast haven’t you?” He asks curiously, cocking his head slightly.

And it’s quite immediate that Sunjata realizes that this child has absolutely no filter and no tact – gaze widening a fraction as he asks if he’s happier now and needs another hug. He can’t help the slight huff of a laugh – at least having been around his daughter enough to know how this interaction could go, which way it could flop. Is he happier? Truthfully, he feels the same. There’s relief with Nate and the new twins, but the emptiness is still there. But that’s nothing to be put on a child.

He sinks to a knee and nods, lying to Edmund with an easy smile. “I am.” He pauses, giving Edmund a sidelong look as if it were some playful charade at conspiracy. “Do you want to give me a hug?” He asks instead, a bit more eye level with the boy rather than towering over the boy.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
EDMUND

Edmund's grin grows when Sunjata moves to shake his hand, the scars noticed but ignored. "Yup! Mummy says that Frey made me big when I got too close to their shrine." The child had wandered off in search of particularly beautiful stones at the Rainbow Road and ended up within the god's reach. Edmund was happy about it though. Being big was great! There was so much to see and do now.

As Sunjata kneels down, Edmund eyes him critically. After a pause the child hums, "I don't believe you so I'm going to hug you." With that small warning, the child leaps forward and throws his arms around Sunjata's neck. Edmund hugs the Attuned with all of his meager strength, determined to hug away the sadness that is obviously lingering in his mummy's friend. And yes, part of it is that the child just wants to hug Sunjata again. Because hugs are the best.

Edmund had noticed one weird thing about hugs. They always, always made something warm curl up in his chest. He'd been told it was affection but it felt... different? He felt this 'affection' that had been explained, but also a weird excitement. The same excitement he'd felt when Aidon breathed fire.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
There is a moment where Sunjata freezes behind the smile of the mask he’s given to Edmund, positive that behind the smile the young boy wouldn’t be able to see the moment of quiet panic that goes through Sunjata’s mind at that. Too close to a shrine and suddenly they’re bigger? His mind drifts to his twins at home, but he’s still present, offering the smile as he kneels down to one knee, huffing a small laugh in fact at the way Edmund comments that he doesn’t believe him.

It’s so fast when Edmund’s arms are suddenly thrown around his scarred and tattooed neck, and an arm slips around Edmund’s middle to give him a tight hug back (not too tight, of course, Sunjata knows he’s strong but he isn’t aiming to squeeze the poor child to death). Eventually, though, the hug is over and Sunjata’s first thought hits the forefront of his mind. “Is your mum around?” He asks curiously, scanning behind Edmund as if he might see the woman slip out from the cover of the trees.

And if she doesn’t, well, this close to Edmund he can spy those grey blue eyes that match his in this light and all he can offer is a quiet raise of his brow. “Or did you come out here all by yourself?” Because certainly that would need to be rectified, and if Edmund wanted to explore… Well, Sunjata could chauffer, make sure the boy made it out of Apopo without getting hurt.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
EDMUND

Edmund melts into the hug happily. His memory was right. Sunjata really did give the best hugs. Besides his mummy of course. But still. the kind of hugs that made you feel all warm and safe. He's a bit reluctant to let go, but does so when the man pulls back. Sunjata's question gets a sheepish smile and averted eyes in return.

"Mummy's not here. I wanted to explore." Edmund admits guiltily. "I left her a note telling her where I was going and when I'd be back! So it's all ok!" The indignant statement seems almost to be the child's way of convincing himself. Edmund did feel bad for leaving without permission but his mum was busy and he didn't want to bother her.

As to why he'd chosen Apopo for his adventure, Edmund wasn't sure if he could put it into words. The mountain just felt right. Glancing at the earth beneath their feet, the child bit his lip nervously. "Mr. Sunjata..? Why...why do I feel fire here?" The question is filled with timid curiosity and fear. Edmund doesn't understand how he knows that the mountain was linked to fire, or why. But he just knows and that scares him.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The sheepish smile and the averted gaze is one that Sunjata knows quite well, and it causes one brow to raise slightly, his head tilting as he remains crouched and closer to Edmund’s height. “Sure… But Apopo is a big mountain.” He comments quietly, head tilting this way and that as he looks over Edmund’s shoulder the way he’d come, trying to calculate which path Maeve might have likely taken in her search for her son. “How about this, I’ll explore it with you so your mum doesn’t need to be worried, okay?” Besides, being up here away from prying eyes was safe wasn’t it? It would keep rumors from spreading, he hopes, though he twists inside each time he catches those eyes that look remarkably like his.

Fire?” He comments curiously, glancing around, searching for anything that might explain the feeling. “Hmm, a couple of years ago Apopo blew up. Maybe you’re feeling something like that?” He asks, unsure but the charred remnants of some of the trees among the greenery would suggest there’d been a fire around here in the recent years. And sure enough, if one dug deep enough into the grasses, ash would certainly still cover it. “Or do you mean like... It's inside you?” He asks, returning his gaze to the boy, head tilting avianlike as his attuned instincts take over a bit more.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
EDMUND

Edmund gives a small smile, "Yes please." If he was with his mummy's friend then she'd worry less he hoped. Plus he could still explore and that was a bonus. The mountain felt important so he wants to explore as much as he can.

Edmund eyes Sunjata nervously as the man contemplates his words. For some reason he was wary of sharing this, this thing he'd noticed and had yet to tell anyone. Not even his mummy new, though she might suspect something given how he'd reacted to Aidon's fire. This thing that he'd never even been able to articulate that Sunjata puts into such simple terms.

The child swallows harshly, nervously meeting the man's eyes. "Yes. Both." He can feel it beneath their feet in a constant hum. But Edmund can also feel the same warmth in his own chest. A warmth that returns whenever he's around the element and seems to grow stronger when he feels  happy and safe. When he feels loved.

Right now his chest has that warmth but it's cooled down with his anxiety. "What does it mean?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It’s an easy agreement at the very least, and Sunjata isn’t heartless. He’s not about to let Edmund explore Apopo alone, given that he was there rescuing Torchline when the volcano had blown the last time. Luckily it feels relatively dormant for the moment, and Sunjata severely hopes it stays that way. There’s some relief that spreads with that, but confusion quickly takes over as Edmund responds. Both. And he’s not entirely sure what to make of it.

Though, given the experience of his Attunement and his shifts that thrive and thrum within him, he can imagine. Edmund’s too young to have such a fancy shift, he imagines, but he wonders if the child has magic – once quite the fairytale from where Sunjata was from. Here, though? Well, they might be called Abandoned but Sunjata never particularly cared for the term. After all, he was quite the rebellious one still (look at his deity choices and his marriage).

Well… It could mean a few different things. It could mean that you’re just really good at knowing what’s around you, or…” Here he mulls it over, a hand rising to scratch at the scruff on his cheek above the scar to his face. “It could also mean you have magic.” Steel eyes light up a fraction, voice taking on a bit of a mystical tone through his accent, hand dropping away from his face to reveal a small smile, hoping that the boy might be more intrigued in that. “We can test something out to see for sure, if that's something you wanted to do?
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
EDMUND

Edmund bites his lip nervously, "You think I might be an Abandoned?" Saying it out loud only makes the possibility all the more real. To be honest, the child had been beginning to suspect something was going on. He was just so drawn to every fire he saw, and his mummy seemed to have noticed too. "Mummy told me about them. How the Gods are careful with them and are slow to trust them." His lip wobbles slightly, "If I am one, will Safrin be mad at mummy?"

That would be the worst thing possible. His mummy really liked Safrin and the child didn't want to make Safrin upset with his mum. But he had to know if it was true. Swallowing and giving a determined nod, Edmund briskly wipes his eyes with the back of his sleeve. He then holds out a shaky hand to Sunjata. "Let's test it. Please."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He doesn’t know why Edmund is suddenly so nervous, the term Abandoned slipping from the youths lips with ease but this hidden terror which only causes Sunjata’s brows to inch together, the Attuned shifting his weight as he remains crouched in front of the boy. “You might be.” He confirms, though there’s little to no reason to be afraid of that, as far as Sunjata’s concerned.

But then Edmund continues and it dawns on him, and there’s an immediate smile that spreads lightly across Sunjata’s face as he shakes his head. “No, she won’t be mad at Maeve.” He confirms, scanning Edmund’s face with his tired steel. “She won’t be mad at you, either.” He comments, as if it might help. “There are a lot of abandoned that have relationships with the gods.

He’s trying to figure out what to say next when Edmund wants to test the theory, so Sunjata nods and pulls out the little zippo-like lighter that had been made for him what felt like ages ago. He flips open the top and strikes the flint wheel and a flame erupts from the end and Sunjata’s careful to hold it from the base as his gaze flickers from the lighter to the boy as he remains positioned to block any wind that might come to try and mess with the flame. “Alright, let’s see.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
EDMUND

Edmund relaxes at Sunjata's easy reassurance. The man seems so sure, so he can he not believe him. It's a relief nonetheless that his mummy won't be in trouble with Safrin for having an Abandoned kid. It's just as nice to know that the Goddess won't be angry with him either. Maybe, just maybe...he will get that hug when they turn in the regional quest.

Worried gone, Edmund turns his focus onto the fire. Just as always, he feels the echoes of the flickering flame deep within. A buzzing in his veins as his eyes instinctively narrow in on the fire as soon as it appears. He hardly hears Sunjata's words with how jarring the sudden switch in focus is.

Edmund's blood burns but his heart steadies as he reaches out a hand towards the fire. Almost entranced, he scoops the tiny flame up and out of the lighter, holding it in the palm of his hand. Coming to his senses, the child stares at the tiny flame in his hand, "Oh." His eyes flash up to meet Sunjata's, "That's a yes then, I think?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Abandoned or not, there was a sort of innocence with children and given Maeve’s closeness to Safrin, Sunjata can’t imagine that the goddess would deny a hug from a child. But of course, he doesn’t know what she’ll do – the only thing he can do is pretend to know if only to make it easier for Edmund to stomach. Yet again, another child that didn’t need to grow up chastised for things out of their control. If anyone could relate, Sunjata’s got that in the box.

But the lighter is out, the flame is sparked, and Sunjata knows what kind of focus goes into the boys eyes the second it snaps to the flame. It’s a similar focus he gets when he’s within his shift – an instinctual part of him that latches on and takes over, but it still doesn’t stop the panic of Sunjata’s bunching muscles in his legs, ready to try and stand and get the flame off of Edmund in case the boy wasn’t Abandoned at all.

The last thing he needed to explain was that the boy had burned himself under Sunjata’s watch. But all panic smooths over into relief when Sunjata moves to try and protect Edmund from the burn when the boy seems to cradle the flame within his hands. The Flood slowly closes the lid to the lighter, arms resting on his legs as he peers from the flame to Edmund’s face, before humming his own kind of agreement. “I think you’re right.” He murmurs softly, no judgement within his tone – despite the way his steel gaze scans the boys face. “Looks like you’ve got fire magic.