in a place like this, they think you're forever young
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
we follow our own steps
while our shadows keeps watching us
There were very few bars in Halo, but Noah had spent enough time in them after hunts to know the culture. Finding the White Hart was fairly easy, the description of luxere antlers as door handles a distinct feature. Noah knew the difference between luxere antlers and the antlers of other deer, with or without their bright glow. He made his way into the bar and ordered himself the whiskey that Weaver had always kept in stock for him, the one she had picked out with just the hunter in mind. Satisfied with his drink, he headed over to a table in the corner and waited. He sipped at the whiskey and merely watched around the bar, glacier eyes sliding quickly enough over the other patrons as to not draw any attention to himself.
the wrong steps
would be not to start this exodus.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
we shall heal our wounds, collect our dead
A mix of reputation and personality means that Ronin can't help but draw attention to himself, even from the moment he sets foot into the White Hart. The bartender calls out a greeting and a few patrons turn to look, and on his way to the bar the Huntsman is accosted by one of the fighters from the pits, a waitress, one of Mateo's teachers and someone who wants to ask Remi about something. A natural extrovert, Ronin takes it in stride and eventually manages to hustle to the bar to order a sweet, fragrant Flowerbirth wine, before glancing around for Noah.

He finds him at a table in the corner, raises his glass in greeting, and makes his way over. "You know, I can't remember the last time I walked into a place like this just for a drink and a chat with someone," he rumbles, laughter threading his words as he sits down. "I know we made our introductions in the Oerwoud, but this feels like a much better first meeting. So here - hi, I'm Ronin Taliesin." Grinning, he holds out a hand for Noah to shake.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Noah
we follow our own steps
The shift in the bar was as easily felt as it was seen. Ronin had his own gravitational field, and even before the newer demigod could see him, he knew it was the Huntsman who had entered. Noah waited patiently for the sea of people to ebb and flow and float Ronin his way, sitting carefully and slowly at his whiskey. When the other man finally arrived, a flurry of smiles and radiating a warmth that Noah did not naturally possess, he gestured across the table to the other empty chair. He extended his hand, and repeated his already known name, "Noah Olson." A smile accompanied it as Ronin settled in.

"You seem to have quite the reputation here." Noah's tone was slightly teasing, and the curve of his lips changed quite easily from smile to smirk. "Much different than the reactions I would expect other members of the Order to receive." The air that Cian, Finn, and even October put off were all very different from the radiant gazes that Ronin drew. "Thank you for coming. I don't really know where to start..."

the wrong steps
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Giving Noah's hand a warm squeeze, Ronin settles back in his seat easily enough. "A pleasure," he assures him, though his smile turns a bit wry as the other man takes note of his reputation in the White Hart. "Ah, a member of the Order is only the latest in my line of occupations here," he explains. "I used to live in Stormbreak, and I was here for some time as a dragoon. I'd drink here regularly, and go to the fighting pits in the Silk Houses."

People have long memories and first impressions go a long way, evidently, even when those impressions have to change jobs. "It's no trouble," he assures Noah, taking a sip of his wine. "And you can start at the beginning, if you like? That's always helped me. I understand that you are chosen by Vi now, is that right?"
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
we follow our own steps
At Ronin's explanation, Noah nodded and gave and insightful ahh in response. With only having been here a few weeks, there was little to know about Noah other than he was Vi's newest demigod.

"Yes." Noah started, leaning forward on the table to rest on his forearms. He held his glass between his two hands, spinning it idly. "I had taken shelter in King's End after the political turbulence of Halo." Turbulence that he had helped cause, but was determined to rectify. "When he called to me, I recognized him. He was the god that attuned me in my youth -- I had been so young at the time I couldn't have even told you that piece before that night." But it made sense -- the heralds had been in the Grounds, after all. "He said there was potential within me. A light. I accepted him, and he sent me here." It was very little information to go off, but it was what Noah had.

"Since being here I have met with Finn a few times, and with Cian once." Noah lifted his glass to take a sip, pausing in all of his thoughts. The whiskey went down smoothly, and he continued. "I don't entirely understand at this point what I am supposed to be doing. I have just tried to find the next right answer." A sigh escaped his lips, and a moment of vulnerability led his question, "Have you felt that way?'

the wrong steps
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
While Noah rolls his glass between his hands and begins his explanation, Ronin nurses his wine and keeps quiet so he might listen and understand. A small smile flickers across his face at the mention of Vi's calling him - it might not have been how he became Safrin's chosen, but he has been called by the goddess enough times now to know the feeling. "I have never met him personally," he says, "or I should say, I have spoken with him alone. But I have seen him, and he has given me guidance, along with the other demigods."

At the time it wasn't really guidance that he wanted to hear, but things are a little different now. Pausing to sip at his wine, Ronin nods to the other man. "I have," he admits. "A lot of being in this role feels like you're lost out at sea, especially at first. It can be difficult to figure it out," he says. "But if it helps... your predecessor Amalia was trying to bring all the other demigods together, to understand and help each other."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
we follow our own steps
"That...makes sense. I understand that Amalia turned away from Vi's calling by acting on her love for an ascended." It was what Cian had told him. It was information he could keep from Deimos, if he could, to protect his heart. Unless the Sword already knew. While Noah didn't understand the whole story, it was enough for it to make sense. Why he sat here, with the changed soul he now possessed.

"I know that Vi wants me to be a bringer of light. A warrior." It was clearer to him the more he thought on the god's words. I would have you take it back, and I would have you take no prisoners. Noah was not meant to bring mercy to the world. He was meant as a sword and shield. "I know that I am not as strong as the others. I wasn't a powerhouse before." Not like Deimos, or Sunjata, or his fellow demigods. Noah hardly even had any grasp on what new abilities he held. "But I know that Vi wants me to extinguish the reach of the Voice. I will need your--" a collective your, meaning, all of us "--to accomplish that."

the wrong steps
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin can't help but wince to hear Noah's remarks about Amalia, and though he's loathe to admit he doesn't know the truth, he can't merely go along with it. So he shrugs to the other man, running a finger around the rim of his glass. "She and I were close once. Remi, too. But... she became quite distant, and disappeared altogether at one point - studying in the Collegium, I heard. But if that is what Cian says..." Ronin smiles sadly. "It would make a lot of sense."

A bringer of light and a warrior? How noble. Ronin's smile is warmer than one might expect - he knows how it is to have a deity mould and shape you into something you might otherwise not have chosen to be. "That may be the case, but you might find that your power develops in leaps and bounds from here. I remember I barely felt strong enough to lift something once, and now..." Well, he doesn't have to finish that sentence.

"You can count on my help - to bring the others together, as well as to help you get stronger, if that's what you want. It might be time the demigods had another meeting together."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
we follow our own steps
Noah did not have much more to say on the topic of Amalia. He had not known her, but he knew that he needed to make sure not to make any of the same mistakes that she had made. He did not see it to be too hard, from what he knew at this point. While Noah had no intentions to go and cause a killing spree of the ascended people, he knew what his position and allegiance and his hatred against their goddess meant.

"I was able to discover that Vi gave me the ability to transport myself, though the distance I can go is not too far. I haven't tested the boundaries of it yet...but I imagine it will be useful the more I strengthen it." He lifted his glass to take another sip of his whiskey, though stopped just as the glass touched his lips. He set it back down on the table. "I think it would be beneficial for us all to meet. We need to be on the same page, to assure that we can stand shoulder to shoulder and trust one another. I want the others to be able to trust me, and I them." Noah knew he already had Phoebe's trust, but he understood her role to be less of a warrior and more of a healer for this world.

"I will take any help I can get in gaining strength. I'm not sure if I have more powers from Vi, it would be good to investigate that. The feeling of magic in my soul is so...new...that I still can't quite recognize it." The hunter shifted in his chair, eyebrows drawing together ever so slightly. "I need to know more about the ascended, as well, to be able to combat them. And I want to know more about each of the gods and their heralds. Before changing, I was following Frey, and my knowledge is not extensive."

the wrong steps
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Raising his eyebrows, Ronin nods encouragingly to hear of Noah's new teleportation skills. "The Dragon's Nest is towards the edge of the city, and it has some training grounds as well as the dragoon barracks. You're welcome to use them to test any of your new abilities. I can come and go in Stormbreak as well, so if you'd like to train together, you need only say the word. I am always looking for an excuse to keep myself on my toes." And he means it, too. Especially with Noah stepping up for Vi at such a critical time, helping the Sentinel is helping them all.

"I was at our previous meeting, so I can provide you with the names of all the demigods I know were in attendance. Whether there are more since then, though..." Ronin shakes his head and smiles weakly. That's exactly why they need to meet, he supposes. And as for the Ascended and the gods? "I think Gideon - the Priest - might be a good place to start when it comes to learning more about the Ascended. He knows his history." Is it biased? Probably, in places. But none of them are going to be able to go to war with peace on their minds, so the colour of the opinion attached to the stories hardly matters at this point.

"Also, if you need to know about Safrin..." Grinning, Ronin gestures to himself.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
we follow our own steps
"Thank you. That will be useful for me." Not only would the training time be useful to the hunter, he also could not discount any time getting to know the dragoons and their way of battle. He could even be of some advantage to them, he hoped, giving them tips and tricks from his homeland that he knew other lands did not have to use because their lives weren't just built around survival like his had been for so long. Training with Ronin would also be good. He knew that, eventually, they were going to be shoulder to shoulder on the battlefield, and knowing how your allies worked was just as beneficial as knowing how your enemies worked.

"I will have to meet with him." Noah nodded. He took a deep breath and let it out as he lifted his glass to his lips again, this time taking a bigger swig of the whiskey than he had been before. It felt warm as it traveled down his throat and rested in his belly. "Before I ask this, I want you to know I don't mean any offense to it." Noah frontloaded, glacier eyes falling back squarely to meet Ronin's. "I know Frey, and know those who know Frey. There are people who think poorly of them just as there are people who think highly of them. But with Safrin...I've yet to meet anyone with a poor opinion, or experience, of her. She seems so much more benevolent than even I can imagine a being to be." He laughed a little, showing the astonishment of his own thoughts as they left his lips as words. "I know there is nothing in Caido that is perfect, but everyone paints her to be."

the wrong steps
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Unbeknownst to either man, they will be shoulder to shoulder in battle much sooner than expected. Alas, of all the abilities they might possess, knowing the future is not one of them. Ronin reaches out for a scrap bit of parchment left by someone sitting at the table previously, fishing in his pockets for something to write with. And as Noah frontloads, the Hunter jots down the names of all the demigods at the previous meeting: Remi and himself, Seren, Mildew, Amalia, Delphia, Phoebe. Sliding it across to the other man, he raises his eyes and offers a wry smile.

"No offence taken," he assures him. "If you weren't Vi's chosen, I'd probably let you believe all of that too. Safrin does as much as she can to preserve her reputation, and it's true that she can be hugely generous, kind, forgiving..." And it's not an exaggeration; the expression on Ronin's face says as much, though it does darken by degrees as he continues.

"But she can also be vengeful and spiteful. And I have never met anyone, man or god, who can hold a grudge or nurse a slight like she can. She once removed my abilities because I refused to do something for her," he mumbles.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah
we follow our own steps
Noah watched as Ronin scribbled the names he knew on the piece of paper, sipping at the remainder of his whiskey. Before the other demigod was finished with the list, his glass was just ice. Noah replaced the glass with the paper as Ronin handed it to him. He read it quickly, some names he knew and others he did not. "We should call on them before the end of this season. We need all the time we can manage." Noah thought out loud, lifting glacier eyes lifting back to Ronin to see what he thought.

"I feel like I know so little about the gods to be where I am now. The heralds were all trapped away from us, in Halo, and I know very little of the big three other than what I've read in books and experienced from Vi." Noah took a deep breath and let it out. "So thank you for sharing with me what you know. It really helps."

the wrong steps
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin nods his agreement and settles back with his wine once he's written down the names for Noah. "That's a good idea. I can try and send out a letter to everyone if you like. I don't mind; I've met all of them before, and it would be good to have a more low-key introduction." Because, as fate would shortly prove to them, if they waste time then sometimes first impressions can be in the midst of fighting a basilisk or a giant sea dinosaur.

Finishing off his glass of wine and setting it down on the table, the Huntsman offers a small smile to his newest friend. "If it helps, you've been in Caido your whole life, which is a big step up on me. I'm still feeling like I'm learning new things every day. Maybe we can help each other. If you ever want to talk about things, I'm always game for a drink here."
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting