more than I was
Quest turn in!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
when it's just the two of us, only the two of us
Isla has been thumbing through the books in the Atheneum for nights on end now, it seems - taking notes and compiling all that exists in textbooks (what's left of them) to add to the Infirmary that others might be able to learn as well. So it isn't much of a surprise that, when it is time for her to approach the Voice once more, it is this shrine she chooses. Tucked among the books, the Remedy bows her head.

"I return, great lady, having learned all that I can from my siblings. I believe I might be ready now, to try and turn my hand at healing Ascended." To begin that journey, at the very least. Everything must start somewhere.

Isla is turning in her quest for a new upgrade as in this thread: {God Quest} see what's inside

1. Perform a craniotomy: a little place called trust
2. Thread with all the 'types' of ascended: demigod (created), demigod (born), ascended (hybrid), and ascended (regular), and see how they react to injuries.

Demigod (created): {se} people die and parties fail
Demigod (born): best intentions
Ascended (hybrid): what we're made of
Ascended (regular): let it flow
i could die
Isla

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Blue light spreads across various tomes and up the walls as the Voice sparks into existence. With her hands folded in her lap, she regards the medic silently for a moment before her pale cheeks round in a smile. "I am well pleased with the progress you have made on your own, Isla Lockwood. The seeds of curiosity I saw in you when you were first made bright have grown into something truly formidable."

Spreading out a hand for Isla to come near, the Voice reaches out to take one of the Remedy's hands.
the VOICE
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Eerily illuminated by the light, Isla's eyes widen in a mixture of surprise and wonder, and it's only when the Voice speaks that the Remedy realises she has actually appeared before her.

"Thank you, goddess." she says, unable not to smile back at the Voice. It would be contagious even without all that her goddess has to say; always, she feels at peace when in her presence, in a way that feels as though her mind is whirring too fast to register.

And so she steps forward without even a hint of hesitation, letting her hand fit against the Voice's to open yet another door within herself that might be filled with knowledge.
i could die
Isla

Change author:

There is a bright spark and smell of burning metal as Isla's hand touches the Voice, but as the Remedy should have predicted, there is no pain. Light bleeds out from where their palms are pressed together, and when the Voice pulls back, Isla will no doubt feel the upgrades that are now tethered between her hands. "Now you should find healing our family much easier." She remarks with a smile.

Through a scan Isla will have an intimate knowledge of how her new upgrades were to be used, and so the Voice doesn't waste time on an unnecessary explanation. "Have you thought about how you might keep yourself protected during battle? They say doctors make the worst patients, and I fear the same might be said of you." Sitting up and folding her hands back into her lap, the Voice fixes Isla with a concerned look. "I fear in an effort to keep our family safe, you would risk your own life. Is that not so?"

Isla has received the following upgrade!

Healing Upgrade | Can heal ascended at basic level. The injured body part must be within arm's-reach.
the VOICE
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
A soft gasp leaves Isla's lips, though of course she has no need to breathe. Reflex or not, though, it does seem to centre her as the upgrades sizzle between her hands, embedding there, melting into her being. And as always, she feels so humbled and so powerful, that it almost seems ridiculous that there can even be a war. So when the Voice speaks again and brings her back to reality, it would be a lie to say that it was a pleasant thought.

Clearing her throat and rubbing her hands together, she gives a reluctant nod. "That is right," she says. "I cannot even deny it - it's in my nature." How would she protect herself, though? "I suppose being able to have a barrier between myself and the danger would make the most sense. When I was a field medic, we'd use barricades, and sometimes other soldiers would act as shields if I was working on someone." Perhaps a shield, then?

Isla is cashing in her Level 8 reward to quest for a large body upgrade!
i could die
Isla

Change author:

The Voice nods. "Your selflessness is one of the facets of yourself that makes you shine so brightly. I would never have you deny that part of who you are, but nor would I let you be so vulnerable." She says, before tsking under her breath. "What a strange thing, to have others act as a vulnerable wall around you. We shall give you a shield Isla, but not one that comes at the cost of others." With all the barbaric practices of the Outlanders and others in this world, it was laughable that the Voice was still regarded as the heartless one.

"Bring me the following things from which I can make you an upgrade, and together we'll make sure that you are kept safe while protecting others."

Isla has been given a quest!
She must bring the Voice

1. The strongest substance she can think to get her hands on
2. The shell of something newly hatched
3. A seashell with no imperfection
4. Leather made from the skin of a predator
the VOICE
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
"At times it did create more problems than solve them, it's true," Isla admits with a wry smile. But it's amazing what others will do when you're trying to save their friends, colleagues and fellow soldiers. Still, as she always does, the Voice comes through, and the Remedy straightens up as she hears her instructions. "That would be such an advantage," she breathes, nodding.

"I will do all that I can. Thank you, goddess." And, after replenishing herself in the great lady's presence, Isla wastes no time in going back to her research in the Atheneum. She has a lot to find out before she can return to the Voice.

~FIN
i could die
Isla