Death Becomes Her
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Delphia
She had expected the two places - the Mourn and Ludo's wood - to be much the same. Dark, cold, mysterious, and brimming with the energies of the dead. She had thought perhaps a visit would leave her with another place to tend to spirits of those belonging to Mort. But the Mourn was a beautiful place, bright and vibrant unlike Ludo's woods. It reflected the life of those past, rather than the darkness one might have felt at their deaths. It was refreshing, and Delphia found herself perched on a bench, enjoying the view of flowers brought forth in the Flowerbirth sun.

But just because the dead did not call the Mourn home did not mean it was devoid of spiritual energy. Such spirits were what caught her attention, pulling her away from the view of a man approaching. She did not know or recognize him, but he was recognized by her spirit friends. He was different. Special. A chosen of Vi. How chosen she could not yet say, but surely he was blessed by the high god, beloved of her father, in some way. "What fortunes that the chosen of Vi and daughter of Mort should by chance meet. What brings you to the Mourn, friend?" she said as he drew within speaking distance, not much one for yelling.
she has witchcraft in her lips
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
every time i think i've finally made it, i learn i'm farther away than i have ever been before
When he found himself in Mourn, he had not been intending for it to be where his feet landed. He had been standing in King's End, trying to focus inwardly on his soul. He knew that Vi had changed him -- placed power within Noah that he did not quite know or understand. Determined to figure it out, the hunter drowned out the rest of the word and kept himself steady until he opened his eyes and found himself in Mourn. A smile broke over his face and the hunter laughed, surprise and mirth mixing within his breast and breaking the silence of the world around him. Despite the retreat of winter, spring was not yet in its height.

The hunter set to wandering, gathering the freshest of several herbs that grew around Mourn. After a while, as Noah lifted himself from the loamy soil and stuck the herbs in his bag, she caught his attention. A familiarity rolled over him almost instantly, and he hastened his steps after her. She spoke first, as he drew nearer, but Noah affirmed his suspicions: "Discovering new strengths, truth be told." He started, smoothing his hands over his pants. "I saw you once, in the Fangs. I was a lynx then, and I watched you set free the soul of a man trapped in the aftermath of a small avalanche."

NOAH
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Delphia
"What discoveries have you made?" she asked, curious what a place like the Mourn would hold for the chosen of Vi. Vibrant as the place was, that had more to do with Rae's machinations than Vi's influence over the place of death and memory.

Her head tilted as he revealed he had seen her before, in the Fangs of all places. She had been there once, searching for as long as she could for the souls of the Ascended, but to no avail. "Did you? I am afraid I did not notice you. I was too entranced with my task." she admitted with a half smile. She probably should have been on the lookout for creatures like lynx that posed a threat to her, but having died once already did take away some of the mystery and fear.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
every time i think i've finally made it, i learn i'm farther away than i have ever been before
"I can...jump." He took a breath between the short words of his sentence, not entirely sure that jump was the right word. All he knew was that he had gotten to Mourn more quickly than he ever had gotten anywhere before, and it was all because of Vi. The god had given him the ability to travel. It made the hunter's mind wonder and turn around what else the god may have given him that he had not discovered yet.

"I didn't really give you an opportunity to understand my presence was more than just a predator of the frost." Noah gave a small chuckle, lifting a hand to run it through his hair. "Are you on a task now?" He asked, cocking his head slightly. He did not want to interrupt her if she was busy in the throws of something Mort had called her to, but stumbling upon her in this way was something he couldn't not take advantage of. To Noah's knowledge, she was the only other like him -- called by one of the Big Three.

NOAH
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Delphia
Delphia blinked slowly. "You can...jump?" she repeated back. Lots of people could jump, including herself. What was so special about being able to jump in the Mourn? Did it hold some significance? To jump...from one plane of existence to the next maybe? Awfully convoluted but she supposed people had traditions regardless of their straightforwardness...

At least he didn't seem upset that he hadn't been noticed all that time ago in the Fangs. All she could have done now to rectify it was apologize, and sometimes that became bittersweet the longer time lapsed. She shook her head though. "No, I am here purely out of curiosity." she said with a small smile. "I had heard of the Mourn but never visited before. It is...different. Unique. I don't know why, but I had expected something much more like Ludo's Woods." she admitted
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
"Maybe jump wasn't the right word...I mean I can move from one land to another in the blink of an eye." He stopped by a stone bench, resting his hand on the back of it. "I was in the depths of the Barrows just moments ago." It was an incredible thing, and it made Noah chuckle with some disbelief. "Magic is new in my soul. Still wild and hard for me to recognize."

He ran his fingers along the cold stone, not yet warm from the sun's heat. "I've never been to Ludo's Woods." The hunter said conversationally. "Does Mort have you living in the Greatwood?" it made sense -- that was where Ludo's demigod was stationed. To have the aid of numbers on their side, the closest place to the power of the ascended, was something that could not be overlooked.

NOAH
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Delphia
Delphia's head tilted, eyes widening slightly. His explanation was indeed very different from the sort of 'jump' she had envisioned - in a wonderful, fantastical sort of way. "Vi has indeed blessed you." she said with a soft smile. What a terribly convenient sort of power to have! She had not heard of any with such magic - objects certainly to attain a similar mode of travel but that was not born of one's own will. "Do not fret though. In time you will feel a greater control of your abilities. My father advised me of this when I was much younger." she assured.

She nodded to his question, the corners of her eyes crinkling as though she might smile. "I was born and raised in the Greatwood. It is the only home I have ever known. And with the threat of cat sith stealing the souls of the dead, it is where I am most needed." she said. At the mention of cat sith though, one appeared upon her shoulder, shadows curving around Delphia's neck and wide green eyes peering at Noah from it's perch. The cat meowed in protest to being considered a threat, and Delphia trilled a light laugh. "Not this one though. Morticia is my helper."
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah nodded. "I'm trying to understand them. I want to be able to control them well, and use them to aid others." Noah let the thought drift away from his lips, shaking his head some. "It seems, then, that you're doing exactly what you're supposed to, then." He couldn't help but hide the small tinge of jealousy in his voice. Though, he could not hold it against her -- from how she spoke, it seemed that she was born a demigod, where he had been made one just a season ago. "I still feel as though I don't have all the information. I want to meet with Vi and seek further guidance, but I haven't been...like this for very long." Maybe the god wanted to give him time to figure it out on his own -- he had been given guidelines, after all.

"Hello, Morticia." Noah smiled, lifting his hand to offer it to the feline. He was not sure if she would accept such a gesture, but Noah felt too much respect and love for animals not to offer it. Living as an attuned, he believed, gave him that depth of appreciation.

NOAH