all rivers flow to the sea
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS

The list of explorations, of new discoveries, made him grin amongst the deluge of water and the rippling currents, half-laughing to himself. Is that what the rumors say? Wondering, of course, if it had simply been Remi in his massive form, shifting about at the bottom of the Maw merely because he could.

This wasn’t the first time he’d received the question about the Monster Hunter’s Guild, and given its name, he figured it wouldn’t be the last. My intention is to only truly hunt creatures that are harming people. A pause in his notions, recalling sea panthers, other wicked doldrums that seemed to unfurl themselves not out of necessity, but because they could. Most, from what he’d experienced, merely wanted to be left alone – and they’d encroached upon them. Like the guardian at the falls in the Climbs. Or the snake amongst the Spire’s portal. I had hoped we would also learn and research some of these animals too.
who we were before bones, before dirt, before even light
we have always been deep, restless souls

Age: 22 | Height: | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Sineda Offline
Change author:
MP: 410
Yep. Supposedly it's the only thing keeping the volcano closed. Chrys was brimming with excitement. But I've met another Krakken before, and it was a person that was able to shift into that shape. So maybe the one at the maw is similar? I've never been at the bottom of the maw before, so I don't know if the rumors are true. But I'll check that out someday!

Given Deimos' explanations, monster hunting sounded really interesting. Not only that, she'd have an excuse to explore new places and see new creatures. Since then she could say that she was doing something important. That sounds interesting. If you go and hunt something in the water, can I come along? I can show you a lot of places too, if you want.
Chrys
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS

Interesting – he hadn’t realized the notions of the volcano remaining dormant had ties to a mythical Kraken. Placing that in the back of his mind as either truths or myths, he realized his former assertion had made its way to the forefront as Chrys explained another meeting – surely the Lullaby, given he’d never seen anyone else with such a shift. You must have met Remi.

The proposal the mermaid made was intriguing, and a good connection for any possibilities of things under the depths, where a majority of his kin wouldn’t be able to reach. They’d certainly have to figure out parameters, perhaps he’d have to make sure everyone either had an aquatic alteration or one of the manta’s jewels pressed against their throats. Mind whirling and calculating, he tilted his head vaguely, clearly thinking and mulling it over. I do not see why not. How would I contact you?

Age: 22 | Height: | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
At the mention of Remi, Chrys nodded. Yep. He actually wanted to come here as well. She gestured at the shrine. He said he was on a pilgrimage or something like that. And we talked about the Maw, so I know it's not him who's around there. That it was originally his idea that the Krakken at the Maw might be an Attuned, and not hers, was something she neglected to mention. It wasn't that important who had said something first, right?

Deimos' next question, however, had Chrys thinking for a moment. She'd never thought of that. And it wasn't that common for one of the mouth-breathers to try and contact a specific mer. I live in the city, so I'm there often. Oh, or I could pick some place near the shore and we can leave messages there. Like a secret stash! At the idea of a secret, she started to get really excited.
Chrys
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Though neither of them were on decent terms – Deimos would figure they were carefully neutral at the moment – it was still amusing to hear the Kraken had lingered his way down to the bottom, that they were all searching and finding for multitudes of the same measures. And given the result of the relic search he’d been on, perhaps the notions weren’t out of the ordinary. It left him wondering in the back of his mind, placing it there for further reflection.

There was another inward laugh at her sudden excitement over furtive complexities, and he pondered over the notions too. I can make something, and put it somewhere along the shoreline? Maybe amongst netting or specific outcrops – the way a message could get across without being too waterlogged, or risking discovery. Contact between the land and sea could be mutually beneficial, especially these days.

Change author:
Sure. Crys was already going over possible places in her mind. It just needs to be somewhere where I can reach it from the water. There it was again, the short annoyance about not being able to go wherever she wanted. But as usual, it was gone in a moment, pushed to the back of her mind by the musings about future exploration.

Do you know a place? Else I can also go and check the coast for good secret spots during the next few days. A task that would both be meaningful and give her something to do for the near future. Or we can search for one together if you want.
Chrys
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

The Sword’s mind contorted and coiled too, directions pinpointing into different locations, before his mind ultimately calculated the probabilities and parameters. What about at the Miana Pool? The tide was slower there, much calmer, and whatever he managed to tie down would probably remain secured along the rocks, undisturbed and unbothered. He’d be capable of making a rope long enough to settle into the water with little issue.

Once granting his suggestion, he pondered over hers – giving her an opportunity to veto the notion. Or we can search for another. Were there any other spots? He could think of various isles, but they were often bewitching chords, and tended to alter and change; making their goals more difficult than necessary. I could make a jar of some sort. And the messages within could remain waterproof.

Change author:
Now that Deimos had said it, it was obviously a good choice. Easily accessible to both of them. And with many people coming and going, it's not strange for someone to go there often. The messages were supposed to be secret after all. The Miana Pool sounds good. Chrys was already brimming with excitement at leaving secret messages there. She had no idea what kind of messages she'd leave since she wasn't sure how to go about this – cooperation? - with Deimos. Still, she was excited at the idea of there being secret messages at all.

A jar could work. Something that's not easy to see and won't crack if a stone is dropped on it. What exactly this something should be was something she intended to leave to Deimos. He was the one who was able to create it on the fly after all.
Chrys
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

With agreement over the configurations of the Miana Pool, there was only the notion of the container. His first instinct called to glass, but he weighed out the possibilities of it potentially being battered against the rocks if the tides became too much. Maybe I can wrap it in something, he pondered, thinking out loud as mind began to etch and spiral over possibilities and ranges.

The jar manifested between his hands thereafter was clear, concise, and to the point, plain, not adorned, save for the top of the lid, which he embedded with little fangs as ornamental pieces (to symbolize monster hunters). Thereafter, he constructed some thicker fabric bundled around it, capable of padding, of forming a barrier, between the resin and any potential boulders, while ensuring the lid remained visible. He held it out to Chrys for inspection, head tilted in vague degrees. Would this be suitable?

Change author:
Chrys watched as Deimos conjured up a jar. Although she had seen it before, it was still an interesting sight nonetheless. Watching as the fabric materialized around the jar, she nodded afterward. I think that'll work. Now they only had to place it in the pool.

But Chrys was still unsure about another part of the matter. Is there something you would like to know? So I know when to write you. After all, even though she was excited at the whole message topic, she was well aware that Deimos would probably not be interested in random facts of her life. Oh, and please tell me when you do something interesting in or at the ocean!
Chrys
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

With approval of the jar and its fastenings, he began to orchestrate and create a long rope to fasten around the top and along the bottom. Hopefully it would be enough to keep it stabilized and tethered along stones and rock whenever they meandered to the Miana Pool.

He raised his head from his work when the inquiry slipped through the bond, considering the motivations and reasons behind them. Knowledge was an infinite power in any world – whether it be Caido, an Outlander abyss, land, air, or sea, and he coveted the wisdom and sagacity carefully. If any monsters should appear, offering a rumble of his voice with a smirk. And if there is anything dangerous or noteworthy. Different, I suppose, from the norm. Pondering over the likelihood of relics being stored or hidden, tucked away, down in the depths, or alterations made by other occurrences – thinking back to the news of the volcano erupting some years ago.

As for messages he could send, the soldier nodded, threading one last round of the rope around the jar. I can do that. He glanced upward, toward the shimmering sea and the undulating waves. Do you want to see if we can go place this there?

Change author:
Nodding to Deimos' statements, Chrys looked at the newly manifested rope which was threaded around the jar. Sure, I'll tell you when there's anything different from normal. Then again, she might go ahead and take a peek at whatever strange things happened herself first. No need to disturb Deimos with everything. Or give up the opportunity to find some interesting things on her own.

Of course. It would be bad if it's hidden too well and I can't find it. Better go together. Chrys smiled before following Deimos' glance upward as well. Wanna go now? As she asked this, she was already ready to swim upwards, if there were no objections from Deimos.

Watching him still underwater without any obvious shifts, she thought back at him conjuring up the stones and the jar. Are you also using magic to breathe underwater?
Chrys
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Deimos wouldn’t begrudge anyone their curiosities, especially since he was inquisitive and nosey all on his own ventures. There was almost a be careful uttered through the bond, but then he kept it to himself – maybe Chrys already was, and clever enough to get out of potential trials and tribulations.

With the agreement made, he gave a brief nod, and then kicked off the bottom, arcing gracefully upwards with the jar trailing from the rope in his hand. He trusted she knew the way, given it was her terrain and territory, and his eyes glanced along, muscles content with the given pace. The question lodged back at him caused another smile. Yes. But I have a seal shift too. He’d simply chosen the incantations to stay under the depths a little while longer, instead of having to return to the surface on occasion.

Change author:
Chrys continued on upwards as well, doing a little spin while doing so, causing her tentacles to form a helix for a moment before straightening behind her again. Things always feel different depending on which form one takes. she replied to his statement. How does it feel to have legs?

As she was thinking about the way to the Miana Pool, excitement and playfulness were transmitted over the bond. Do you know the way to the pool from here too? How about a race? She looked at him with a smirk as she issued the challenge, ready to dash away once he gave the go.
Chrys