circles around the sun
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
he said "i bet you don't remember me"
Gold and crimson fingers of colour stretch over Stormbreak as the sun begins its fall toward the sea. Ready to return home, Remi having chosen for he and Ronin to fly back to the Greatwood instead of taking one of the Skyboats, the alchemist kicks a bit of dust with his boot heel as he frowns back toward the city gates. "I...was thinking." He murmurs, his tone and lack of wings or shifts suggesting that this was a conversation he wanted to have before the pair took off. "I...uhm.."

The creases on Remi's forehead deepen as he looks first to the sky and then to the distant horizon, huffing out a sigh that the landscape didn't hold the answers he was looking for. "If one of Safrin's relics is beneath the Sea of Glass...if she told Seren and you about it...don't you think she would be angry if someone else retrieved it first?" The alchemist says, his eyebrows and shoulders both raising.

'The Order know about it already, but...what if you and Sunjata and I were to go after it instead? Surely Safrin would be happier to have it retrieved by the two of you?"
THE ALCHEMIST
and i said, "only every other memory".
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
the darkstar
As is usually the case with the two men, where Remi is uncomfortable and wound up, Ronin is relaxed and carefree. He strolls at his husband's side as they meander out of the city gates, and he's about to let leathery dragon wings unfold from his shoulders when the Lullaby speaks. "Oh, I imagine she would be furious," he says airily, reaching out to slip a casual hand into Remi's back pocket, as if giving his ass a squeeze is the same as offering him a sympathetic hug.

"...I am sure she would be, but if the Order are already going for it, I'm surprised we haven't already been roped in," he admits, tilting his head. "I thought you'd be happy about that anyway," he continues, stepping closer so he might walk with the other man and keep his hand in his pocket. "Not having to go, I mean."
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi, intentionally ignoring the obvious holes in his iNnoCeNt suggestion, merely shrugs. "I was just thinking of the consequences for you." He replies, sliding an arm around the Huntsman's waist and letting his fingers slip half-way into the pocket of his jacket. "Given how long ago she told you and Seren about it." Remi prods the top of his mouth with his tongue. "And...wouldn't you want it? Would you be happy to see Safrin's relic in the hands of someone else?" Swaying their steps slightly in an attempt to nudge Ronin's hip with his own, Remi shrugs against his husband as he glances his way.

"And it isn't not as though they have been overly difficult for you and I. A bit cumbersome where others are involved maybe, but we haven't encountered anything we couldn't beat." He adds.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Ronin gives Remi a sidelong look, as if trying to spot Safrin's flawless beauty beneath his husband's skin; because that's the only reason for him to be advocating fetching a relic for a goddess he hates, right? If she's secretly puppeting him around? Especially when he invokes the jealousy that they both know lurks in his bones when it comes to the lady of the stars. With his jaw feathering, Ronin glances away and rolls his shoulder, like it's suddenly aching (it isn't).

"We could get to Halo just as quickly as the Greatwood, by flying," he mumbles, using his free hand to rake his hair out of his face. "We still have to try and melt the Sea of Glass. I've tried phoenix fire before, but it didn't seem to touch it. I guess we could go to the Climb instead? I planned to ask Tanau about it, before..." Before Seren disappeared again.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Biting the inside of his cheek and wondering what Finn might have learned about needing to melt the ice, the alchemist lets his lungs fill all the way to the bottom with a deep breath. "Was it just phoenix fire you used? Maybe that alone wasn't strong enough. I could use your star bolts...and maybe if Sunjata came along he could flop around on the surface as something large."

Remi's fingers twitch and his eyes dart uncertainly around until finally he stops walking and tugs at Ronin's waist. "I want this relic because the Order wants it." The alchemist admits in a low voice, his cheeks flushing as he stares guiltily at the top button of his husband's jacket. "Because I am sick of their puppeting and orchestrating. Because if they just use us to gather all the relics for them, then we will be under Cian's thumb when it comes to the war." Colour rises and darkens the Lullaby's ears as he gives his head a faint shake. "If these relics are the key to winning this war...do you really want the Order to have that much power?"
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"Well, I don't know what it would take to melt it. If Halo really is kept freezing by the Eirachi, how do we know if anything we do will be enough? It might take a god to undo a god's work." Ronin frowns, turning it over in his mind and shrugging his shoulders. "I guess we'd have to go and round up Sunjata before we go to Halo then, though he..." He smiles a bit. "He and Nate have just started a family. They've adopted twins." The point being that he's probably a bit preoccupied.

The tug at his waist causes him to fall to a halt, Ronin glancing across at his husband and leaning in to gently kiss his cheek. "You talk about them like I'm not one of them," he says softly, as if to remind Remi that he also forms part of that hateful organisation. "If the Order get that many relics, and they're the key to winning this war, then why wouldn't they give them to their own members? Especially when one of those members is a demigod?" He tilts his head.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Are your abilities not given to you by a god?" Remi points out with a slight tilt of his chin. "Surely Safrin might have mentioned speaking with the Eirachi to you and Seren. I would expect her to send someone like me on a quest I couldn't complete on my own, but not the two of you." The news about Sunjata has the alchemist falling abruptly silent. With things as tense as they have been with Nate, and with his own twins having caused so much turmoil in his life, it would be a lie to say he felt any sort of joy for the Wrenzoaks. "Ah." He murmurs bluntly.

Swallowing, the alchemist raises his eyes slowly to meet Ronin's. "Have they ever said that is what they're going to do?" He wonders in a low voice, looking at Ronin through a heavily furrowed brow, before trying to sigh out the tension building in his shoulders. "If the relics are the key to the war...and if the relics are...not available to be used...then perhaps there will be no war."
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Ronin only realises that he's been biting at the inside of his cheek when his mouth fills with the taste of copper, and he swallows back blood and doubt before he can speak. "Touche," he mutters, and wings scattered with starlight on the underside stretch out from his shoulders. "I haven't tried starfire either," he adds, referring to his dragon's celestial breath. "You should have that, too."

"Have they ever said that they are going to keep them all to themselves?" he counters, though rather than trying to sigh out any tension, it only seems to be building in the set of his jaw, the stiffness in his back and shoulders. "How long have you been considering getting all the relics yourself? It doesn't guarantee that the war won't happen. I'm not sure anything can."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi stands slightly aside as leathery star-blasted wings push themselves out of his husband's shoulders. 'That is true.' The alchemist remarks, of the starfire. Rather than sprouting his own wings, the alchemist instead folds his arms across his chest in a gesture that's more protective than it is overtly hostile. "Does that seem like the sort of thing Cian would say?" He wonders skeptically as his eyes note the Huntsman's terse body language. Perhaps Cian had said such a thing, but to Order members only. Perhaps that's why it seemed as though Remi had suddenly struck a nerve.

"Not until just now." He mumbles honestly, before giving his head a slight shake. "Do you know something that I don't?" Having very much wanted to simply sulk at Ronin's rejection and say they should fly home, instead Remi turns fully toward his husband, reaching out a hand for his.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"...No, I suppose he didn't," Ronin mumbles, and the broiling, sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach has nothing to do with Cian, in all truth. Inhaling a long, deep breath and preparing to just fly off home as well, the hand reaching for his is all the permission he needs. His fingers thread with Remi's and he draws the other man closer, his wings fanning out to wrap around them both. "No, I don't think so. I just... I remember back at King's End, when that thing appeared. They didn't mention that the war could be stopped by relics. It all seemed... predestined." He shrugs.

"And I suppose I was avoiding this because of Seren. She was so excited to get this done, and now she's..." He shrugs, slipping his arms around Remi. "Again." Letting out a shuddering breath, he shakes his head. "But if I don't... if I let the Order go without me, and they fail..."

Gods, Safrin will kill him.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Looking into his husband's blue eyes and seeing the familiar chiselled jaw, the laugh lines around his eyes which were now pulled tight with concern, Remi can only exhale with a cold sort of confusion. "I guess I haven't given up thinking things can be changed." He replies, sounding both defensive and perhaps a touch antagonistic.

Just when the Lullaby is about to question just who it is standing before him, wearing his husband's face but acting so unlike him, understanding dawns slowly and with it Remi finds himself nodding. "I know. Not entirely unlike both of her parents, she seems to want to do things her own way." A way that possibly meant starting fights in Halo with Morgan and the others, but so be it. She wasn't a child anymore, as she'd pointed out.

"I saw Finn, yesterday. When I was dropping off your things. He didn't know about my new abilities, Ronin. I think..." Biting the inside of his lips and smiling despite his upset, Remi shakes his head. "I think he's slipping. Maybe it's being a new parent, maybe something else. But he didn't know about me, didn't know about the Basilisk...I think there's every reason to think that they will fail."
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Ronin chuckles humourlessly and nods to Remi, unable not to appreciate the truth for what it is. "Yeah, that... you're right." He smiles, giving the other man a gentle squeeze before letting him go, though his wings remain folded around them both. "And maybe you're right. Maybe things can be changed. I suppose we don't know if we don't do anything about it." Sighing heavily, Ronin takes a moment to collect himself, before lifting his gaze to Remi's face once more.

What he has to say about Finn is concerning in more than just the typical Remi running into Finn situation. With a frown creasing his brow, he nods slowly. "We can't afford to let it fail. Selfishly, I can't. Not with this one." Leaning in, Ronin lets his nose graze against Remi's, as if to savour this moment of not-perilous-danger for just a second more. "Shall we go to Halo, then?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Well, if we are being selfish, I would much rather be the one holding the relics than the Order. Especially as we are the ones forced into this and they aren't." Remi admits with a similarly humourless smile. And if there was a chance to throw a wrench in things? For all of his recklessness, Remi would try and stop the war if he could. No part of him trusted Cian to do the same.

"If not Sunjata then, who would our third be?" Remi wonders, tempted to let identical draconic wings push against Ronin's, but instead remaining comfortably bound by his husband's appendages. "I'm reluctant to suggest Deimos for the same reasons we told Seren, and if Sunjata is...busy.." Swallowing, the alchemist smiles bitterly wishing as he always did, that it could just be the two of them.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
"You know, when you put it like that, you're absolutely right." Ronin smiles to his husband. "I might be on the Order's payroll, but you're still the most important thing to me. And if you happen to get to that relic first...?" Now it's the Huntsman's turn to nudge Remi gently.

But who should be their third? Ronin huffs. "We can always astral project. Then there would be four of us," he grumbles, dropping his gaze to the ground. "I suppose we could join up with the Order at the Sea of Glass? They won't fail if we are with them... but that doesn't mean they ought to get the relic, right?"