[SE] The wrong kind of glitter
For Sam
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
yet my blood renders me a King
The Carnival had put Sah in a playful mood. The game of knife throwing with Noah had made the Abandoned want to have a bit more fun. Not one to torment random strangers, Sah decided to set up a rather harmless prank. Amusing for him, inconvenient for the victim but not harmful.

Lilly trailed behind him with blatant amusement as she watched her bonded set his trap. A classic trip wire but with a twist. The wire stretched around nearly a dozen trees, creating a fence almost. If any piece was tugged the trap would activate. The result would be an absurd amount of burs from the nearby area collapsing within the ring of trees and coating the victim. As Sah had learned while traveling through the area, the local burs were nearly as difficult to remove as glitter.

Trap set, Sah climbed a tree and hid within the mist and leaves. Lilly too, wandered off to vanish from any passerby's sight. From there, all he had to do was wait.
Sah
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Sam
I am this great, unstable mass of blood and foam
And no one in his right mind would make my home his home
Sam was on a calming stroll back through the Wilds after he had seen what he wanted to at the Carnival. It had been a mixed day - disappointment at the wheel, but a wonderful time watching the dances and performances and enjoying the games. The food had of course passed him by, but Sam was long used to that by now.

He was entirely lost in thought, the perfect victim for Sah's playful crime - Sam didn't see the wire, eyes barely even looking at the path ahead, his gaze on the sky, the treetops, vaguely ahead; in his mind he was somewhere else entirely. Of course, he was immediately and abruptly ripped out of any thoughts he had as all of a sudden, with a surprisingly loud noise, hundreds of burs fell upon him.

Sam lifted his arms up and stayed frozen that way, eyes wide and darting around to look at the ground beneath him, the burs surrounding his silhouette. Still not entirely sure what had happened, still barely moving from the surprise, he turned his head left and right to see if he could make sense of the sudden shower.
When I try to open up to you I get completely lost
Houses swallowed by the earth, windows thick with frost
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah smirked when he heard the 'twang' of one of the wires going off. The sound of burs following covered all else for a moment until finally falling silent. The Abandoned peeked out from the tree and couldn't help the small snicker that escaped him as he eyed the man in front of him.

Jumping down from the tree, Sah tilted his head in amusement, lips still twitching. The look on the man's face was priceless.  "Need a bit of help getting those off of you?"  He stepped forward, picking a bur off of Sam's shoulder with a chuckle. He'd put the man in the situation and the results had been just as amusing as Sah had hoped. Still, it was only right that he help the poor guy out of his own trap.
Sah
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Sam
The thing that finally drew Sam out of his frozen posture was the sound of Sah's feet hitting the ground; he turned to look at the man descending, immediately suspicious that he had something to do with the burs that were now clinging to every inch of his clothing and hair. Slowly, Sam stood back up properly, putting his arms down by his sides and stroking his hair back, trying to clear some of the burs off.

"Um. Yes, please. Especially the ones on my back.." He could feel them there, but as he tried to reach behind himself, Sam found he couldn't quite reach past his shoulder. "...Do you know what just happened?" He asked as Sah presumably got to work, his tone clearly indicating his suspicions. "I was just walking back from the carnival, and then..." Sam waved his hands around above his head - he was sure Sah could guess.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah gave a small chuckle as he drew closer to help the man out. Using his telekinesis as well as his hands, the Abandoned began to gently remove the small bits of plant from Sam. The burs were flung back into the forest as he worked. "I won't deny that it was my doing", Sah stated simply. The amusement and satisfaction were clear in his voice.

"I felt the need to have some harmless fun. I had no idea if anyone would actually walk into it though." A small snicker left him, "It worked better than I expected, sorry." He felt a little bad for causing such an inconvenience, but hopefully the stranger wasn't too upset.
Sah
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Sam
It was a relief to feel the burs begin to pull out of his clothes and away, though Sam did turn when Sah took the blame, a scandalised expression on his face for a moment before he gave up with a little huff of laughter. "I see." Of all the jokes and plans he'd been victim of, this one was at least harmless in the long run.

He couldn't say he'd ever caused several burs to fall on anyone, but he'd played jokes of his own in the past. As the troublesome seeds began to clear off he rolled his shoulders and turned back around, a light smirk on his lips. "I guess it's alright. Maybe we should have an actual introduction though. I'm Samuel." Sam held out a hand towards Sah, hoping that he wouldn't notice the obvious fangs and cold skin and immediately begin cursing him out for ruining the world.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sam's scandalized look pulled another snicker from Sah as he removed the last bur, "There we go." He stepped back as Sam turned, giving the Ascended room to move. At the offered hand, the Abandoned took it without hesitation, "Sah. Nice to meet you."

Sah noticed the fangs and cold skin, how could he not? But despite his allegiances the Abandoned had no issue with Ascended whatsoever. "You're far from home, stop by for the Carnival?" He asked curiously. Upon realizing that that might have sounded like an interrogation, he added with a nod towards the north, "I'm from Halo but I figured I had to see what the fuss was about."
Sah
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Sam
"Sah. That's an unusual name...are you an Outlander?" Sam asked, then paused, realising the question could be offensive. "I mean - sorry. I'm just always looking out for people from other worlds, because I record their stories." Hopefully the explanation softened the impact a little.

Their hands shook and Sah didn't recoil or begin to summon an Old God, so Sam relaxed a little. "Oh, I wander quite a lot these days. The Grounds can be a bit dull, and everyone keeps saying there's going to be fighting later..." He shrugged, not wanting to get too far into the topic but hoping it was obvious that an Ascended wouldn't be able to venture as much when the war began.

Looking back up the direction Sah nodded, towards the fair, he smiled softly, thinking of his time in Halo. He'd had some nice memories there...some awful ones too (a walk with Loren came to mind) but he had always liked the pristine snow-topped mountains. "Oh. How is Halo? I haven't been there in a long time. Is everything well?"
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah felt a smirk stretch across his face as Sam grew flustered, his eyes filled with mirth. "Yes, I am. I've been in Caido for about a year and a half now." The Outlander's head tilted slightly in curiosity, "You write down our stories?" He'd always been curious about where his fellow Outlanders had come from and what their lives there were like. Some had worlds similar to his but he'd yet to meet any that were of a similar species as Sah has been.

Sah nodded in understanding. He imagined being an Ascended was quite difficult right now, especially with the ever-looming war. The question about Halo ever pulled a sigh from him, exhaustion creeping into the planes of his face. "Halo is...standing. There was an attack over LongNight. A LongNight monster came in through the portal and attacked the Citadel. We were lucky that there weren't any casualties but...things have been tense since."
Sah
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Sam
Thankfully, Sah wasn't offended but interested; Sam relaxed and nodded, glad to have something to transition into talking about. "Yes. My favourite thing to write is their myths and stories, but I do take down their lives and practical things about their worlds too. I wanted to see if there was any similarity between Caido and wherever people had come from - sometimes, there is. But...not enough to make any kind of theory on." He sighed and tilted his head from side to side, now entirely wrapped up in his project. "If you have any time to come and sit with me in my store one day, I'd love to have your story too."

News of a Longnight monster in Halo was enough to pull him away from his work though, Sam's eyes widening in an alarmed expression. "In Halo? I thought...they should have all been gone, this year. I'll need to talk to Wessex. We tried to destroy them all and we thought we'd succeeded, or at least..." He hummed and put a hand to his lips, frowning at the ground. "Did you kill the monster? Did you see what it looked like?"
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, "I'd like that but maybe not if it's in the Hollowed Grounds. Wessex and I aren't on the best terms, and I don't want to make it worse." He gave the Ascended a tired smile, "But I'd be willing to meet up elsewhere to talk." He respected Wessex but there was very little trust between the two of them now. Showing up in her home region might not be the smartest move for him. Still, the Outlander was more than willing to share his story sometime if Sam wanted to listen.

The questions about the Longnight monster are expected but still painful to discuss. "It had wings and steel jaws. It had dark blood and it could use people's abilities if it bit them. We killed it, but it wasn't easy." Sah tilted his head and pulled his collar a bit, showing the jagged scar on his shoulder from the monster's teeth. "All of us nearly died."
Sah
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Sam
"Oh? Well, I can assure you she's hardly prowling around there daily. I rarely see her and I live there...Wessex operates on her own timetable and it's usually very full." Sam shrugged, unable to really say what it was the Wraith spent so much of her time doing - probably things for the Voice that he was far too unimportant to even know about. Anyway, he smiled at Sah as he added: "But we can meet anywhere you like. I could even come to Halo. It's been quite a while."

He could tell the question about the Longnight monster caused pain (of course it did) and Sam only listened carefully then nodded, not digging into it further. It sounded much like many other of the beasts they had seen, slain and been slayed by; he would have to speak to The Voice soon about whether her old experiments were still around. Sympathetically gasping and covering his mouth as he saw the scar, he almost pulled off his own glove, but something stopped him.

"...Listen, I cannot stay out here too long - I worry, with all the people around...I mean, it's probably silly, but I'm always worried someone will take issue with me. But in Halo, or in my bookstore in the Grounds - we'll meet and talk about your story, alright?" He was aware the departure was sudden, but his nerves often did shoot up out of nowhere, putting villains in every corner. With a couple more words of clarification about where he would be and when, Sam bid farewell and left, pleased that the conversation had evened out after it's unfortunate beginnings.

{FIN}