[se] there are brighter flames
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
I carried my own ashes to the mountains
Reunions amidst new hazes without the harshness of the day, without bending and blending of war on the mind, were far more welcome than anything else lately. So between pressing long strides over various terrain, explorations and curiosities unfurled, with a greater semblance of the world not resting on his shoulders – permitted to wander with friends, rather than dig himself into some further doldrums.

Zuriel trailed alongside, likely due to prior recollections of the realm they now occupied, while Belial soared above, content to drift in and amongst the breeze. He arched a brow towards his traveling companion, moving his bag of holding further up his shoulder, reaching for portions and pieces of jerky and offering them towards the fellow Abandoned and Lilly. “What else have you been up to?” Besides the stretch of bizarre things in Halo; with notions coming to fruition again and again.

And lifting his chin, his jaw jutting forwards, a gesture towards the murky warren in front of them, in the muck and the mire, he snorted. "Have you been here before?"
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

Walking beside Deimos and sharing their snack, Sah finds himself relaxing for the first time in weeks. It's a relief to be amongst people he fully trusts once more. He does trust those left in Halo, just not to the same extent. Running a hand through Lilly's fur as she walks beside him, the younger Abandoned gives a small grin. "I've been training mostly. That and working on the council to help out the people."

His grin turns mischievous, "Keeping an eye on some of the more...troublesome residents." The residents that always caused a scene. Such as that one elderly man that always carries a ningo under an arm as he walks, or the young lady who has the horrible habit of stealing people's socks. Before joining the council, Sah had had no idea just how weird people could be. At least he fit in, in that regard.

At Deimos' question, Sah eyes their surroundings curiously. "No actually. I've been in swamps before, just not in any in Caido." The swamp seemed like just about any other back home but the Outlander got the feeling that that wasn't the case.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Steering them around the outer embankment of the swamp, and casting his gaze on Belial’s antics from time to time, he tilted his head in listening junctures towards Sah. A light rumble, maybe a snort, perhaps the hint of a laugh managed to layer through his lungs at the first response. And though the monolith greatly missed the characters of Halo, the stretches and reaches of being able to help and support a land he felt intricately tied to, he strived not to show it. “We can test that out later,” and he arched a brow, a boyish wrinkle to his nose, contemplating lightning efforts.

Just probably not near the water.

While Zuriel nibbled on nearby plant life, pulling at a few weeds, his gaze was an examining, scrutinizing one, over the gnarled trees and murky bombardments – the liquid purposefully furtive. “Oh? Who has been giving you trouble?” Stories of those he’d cherished and protected, of those he’d watched over, might lessen all the blows.

At the inclination of swamps – the Sword pondered over the constituents of past lives and all the preamble of lands. They’d had their own version in Helovia, but more of a catacomb proportion. Not that this wasn’t – but he’d yet to see any bones jutting out or left to bleach along outer banks. “We came here last year, to bring the Mathair back to the Greatwood.” He rolled his shoulders – gazing out over any pieces that might be familiar. But they’d clearly wandered off a branch of the Feverlands he hadn’t been accustomed to in the brief and chaotic escapade.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Sah flashed Deimos a grin, "Sounds good." The Abandoned was quite pleased with the results of his training. His lightning had grown significantly in its power and lethality since Deimos had last seen it. It'd helped land a killing blow to a Longnight monster after all. And from what he'd seen of people's reactions, that was no small feat.

Deimos' inquiry had Sah letting out a small groan. "Oh Mune, don't get me started." The Outlander shook his head in exasperated amusement, "Does the name Cinthia ring a bell? Sweet lady who sells berries?" So sweet at first glance but an absolute menace. "She keeps going on sock stealing sprees. Socks. I just.. why?"

"And Mr. Jozax?" He threw his hands up in the air, "I don't know why but for the past season he's been seen walking around with at least one ningo tucked under an arm. He doesn't have a ningo far. And it's not even the same ningo each time!" Sah ran a hand over his face, "Inias is the worst. He's a sweet kid but has no self preservation. None. He tries to befriend literally everyone and anyone and keeps getting into trouble with local wildlife when he tries to pet them." The citizens of Halo were insane and Sah loved them so much for it.

Sah perked up at the familiar name, "The Mathair? So she did return to the Greatwood?" He recalled a long ago conversation with a Fae about their Goddess and how the destruction of her tree had driven her out. The Fae had mentioned how the Goddess still lived but hadn't confirmed if she'd returned. Sah had inferred that she had, but getting confirmation was good.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
With the acceptance in power bestowal and upheaval, the man nodded, his attention deviated momentarily by a flock of gore crows roaming overhead. When they didn’t correspond directly to their usual outcries of meat and flesh, he visibly relaxed, tilting his head to listen to Sah’s woes about the inhabitants.

And he recognized each in turn, though the fellow Abandoned was given an arched brow in turn. Silly, humorous perhaps, with underlying conditions impacting the notions. The Sword could recall the compassionate woman with her berry stall, with either mischief broadening beneath or something else altogether. “So what would make their behavior change?” Why the alterations? A chance for Sah to stretch and grow the fixed accords in his mindset, to broaden his wiles as a member of the mountain’s council, while the soldier’s gaze swept out over the land. “There is always a reason.” Even if it wasn’t so obvious or stared them right in the face, blatant and overt. “As for Inias, that sounds a lot like other people I know.” He didn’t give names, but the direct line of his stare might have been meant for Sah, and the many others coursing through his machinations.

As for the Mathair, Deimos’ assurance rang through in the depths of his rumble. “Yes. She is back in the Greatwood.” Where she belonged, and shouldn’t have been driven from in the first place – perhaps another fold into the grove, a way to heighten and forge their defenses. He shrugged his shoulders again, maneuvering deftly over another bramble and patch of lined thorns.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah raised a brow at the Sword, lips twitching with amusement. "A test, huh?" Still the Abandoned indulged the other and paused to think for a moment. "There's a variety of reasons. Distracting themselves and others from the sense of instability that Halo is dealing with, as well as from recent events." Trying to keep the mood light for themselves and others. "Nervous tics and old habits tend to also return in uncertain times." People adapted and coped in a variety of ways.

Sah snickered, before growing solemn "Also boredom. But it could also be a desire to fill the silence. Halo feels so empty at times due to how many people have left." What was one filled with sound and laughter had grown nearly as still as the ice around them.

The slight jab at his self-preservation skills made Sah shake his head in exasperation. "I at least take precautions." Training to better his chance of survival, coming up with contingency plans, etc. The Abandoned did take steps. It wasn't his fault that they tended to go up in flames. Or more specifically, lightning.

The news about the Mathair and teh Greatwood brought a smile to Sah's face, "I'm glad." He felt relieved for the region, pleased that their Goddess was home. What had happened to the Mathair had made him sick when he'd heard about it. Even if you didn't follow someone's god, you didn't destroy their sacred places or shrines. Every attempt to do so that Sah had heard of, from both sides, filled him with rage. There were just some things that you just didn't do, even when at war.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Sah took the bait; a noteworthy change from the young man who’d simply coasted through on waves of confusion a year before – alternating his thoughts to those he now knew and understood. Perhaps all these changes had come with swift alterations and the incoming, looming shades on the horizon. There could be other ventures to press. “It could be simpler things. Does she need more socks?” Here he laughed, but the notions were the same. “Has she taken others in, who require them too? Are the ningos a sense of security for Mr. Jozax?” And here, a direct pause, eyes coasting upwards again as he watched the gore crows circle back around – gaze pinpointing towards the water, still not liking that particular route for what he had in mind.

So, thereafter, he stepped over another nettle of thorns, changing their course, drifting away from the swamp and more mire-laden parameters. A concise line of thought procured along the edges of his mind, and he listened to Belial start growling at the birds in the distance. “Have you asked them?”

But the lingering statement cut and slashed in a way he didn’t particularly care for; feeling it down in the depths of his spine. Maybe it wasn’t an accusation layered upon him, yet it stung all the more. “I did not want to leave.” Nor did Noah, Ru, or Cordelia. Yet here they were, cobbling together what efforts they could. Solemn and quiet, immersed in the thick of those measures, he swallowed down the apprehension and misgivings brewing up all over again.

When they’d ventured far enough from the depths of the murky surface, his gaze cast back over to where the birds had seemingly remained unsettled – compelling, distorting, taking hold of them with Attuned measures, trying to find a bright, amusing spot in all the aspects flooding over. It took more than a few minutes, repelling all the other emotions waging between his veins and ribs. “How will you take precautions against them then?” And here he lifted his chin, jutting it towards the gore crows as three began to head their way towards Sah – with cries of meat!
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah shook his head before letting out a sigh. "I haven't, I didn't want to pry." He admitted before adding, "I've just been helping when I could. Finding unowned socks for Cinthia, bringing orphaned ningos to Mr. Jozax, etc." Sometimes it was better to act then to discuss in his opinion. Unless their actions looked like they might harm themselves or others, Sah chose to let Halo's citizens keep their secrets should they wish. But if they ever needed an ear, he was there.

Sah eyed Deimos sadly, "I know. But you'll be home soon if I get my way." He wouldn't speak on it now, but a few possible plans had been growing within the Abandoned's mind.

The cries of the crows stopped Deimos from prying but Sah couldn't help the exasperated sigh from escaping. "Really?" He asked the Sword before glancing at the incoming birds. He didn't want to murder an entire flock so he chose a different route. There was a slight rumble above them and a burst of lighting shot from the sky, striking next to the Abandoned and then coating his skin in electrified armor.

The birds that still approached were dealt with swiftly. Flicking his wrist, Sah used his telekinesis to push them back forcefully. "Fuck off." He growled lowly, the sound nearly inhuman. That was two strikes. Any other birds that tried would be fully electrified.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
“It depends. They can always choose not to answer if it bothers them.” There was no right or wrong answer – just a way to gauge and weigh out the parameters of Sah’s options. Ultimately, it would be up to the individual whether they sought, wanted, or required help; positions pivoting and alternating when necessary. Just as the Sword never forced his warrior skills, taught, or instructed those disinterested, afraid, or apprehensive about the notions of combat, the other Abandoned would have to forge along his comfort levels in the advisor role.

But if Sah thought Deimos’ keen ears and mind wouldn’t hone on the statement before the crows initiated their inevitable demise, then he didn’t know the soldier well. His eyes narrowed briefly, head tilted a fraction, ignoring Belial’s stubborn outcries (yearning to go after the fellow fliers). “What do you mean?”

Otherwise, given the other proportions flung out at this ridiculous display, his eyes watched the descent of the birds. Completely unbothered by the subtle accusation, and acting as though he had nothing to do with it, he folded his arms across his chest and watched – as a casual bystander. Unless things went horribly awry, which Deimos doubted, given Sah’s current skill, he’d merely glance back and forth between execution of magic and inept fowl.

There was an arch to his brow at the electrified armor (maybe a snort too for the bluster), but a nod for the use of telekinesis, which had also heightened in power since the last time he’d seen it. “Not bad,” and so he compelled more out of personal amusement, and to push the Abandoned, permitting them to circle above, taunting, with more cries. One or two dove for extra measure.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah had known that Deimos would lock in on his words but he'd really hoped that the Sword would let it be. Clearly luck wasn't on his side. It was mostly speculation based on a few interactions  combined with the desire to protect Halo, but it was an idea. "I've been thinking of an argument that I could pose to Morgan to allow at least some of you back into Halo."

The purposefully ridiculous display of magic clearly hadn't satisfied Deimos. Letting out a sigh, Sah turned back towards the crows. Letting his lightning hum along his skin, Sah retuned to gently but forcefully pushing the crows away, further and further each time they dove. The so called armor was mostly for his own comfort. It just felt nice and it didn't exhaust him anymore, so Sah just let it be. And he'd need every comfort the can of worms he was about to open.

As he did so Sah glanced at Deimos. "Halo needs more defenders and if she wants to keep Halo neutral and not attract people trying 'take it back' then those defenders need to include more then just Ascended and a handful of Abandoned." Giving the birds one final shove, Sah grit his teeth. "At least, that was were the idea came from. But frankly I'm not sure if it will work anymore."

Fully turning, the Abandoned eyed the Sword cautiously. "I don't think Noah should return. It's his home, but... he'll only make things worse." Sah shook his head, finally putting into words his concerns. "Noah seems to be growing angrier by the day. And I don't think he can distinguish hatred of individuals from hatred of entire races, or even entire regions. At least not anymore. If he keeps going like this and returns to Halo? He'll bring the war onto the people's heads."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Something sharpened in the depths of his spine; notching, curling around his ribcage. Anger, irritation, exasperation – probably a combination of those lines, of those emotions, yearning to reach out and grapple with his features. What Sah would see was a systematic reflection of furrowed brows and narrowed eyes, arms remaining folded, a visible lock to his jaw, clenching, unclenching. As if he’d crawl his way back to the mountains and bow his head towards Morgan and Neron. As if he’d cower and plead and beg. A rumble began in his tones, carefully, intricately calm, even if the rest of his was possessed by a restless indignation. “Morgan is not neutral. She can claim that all she wants, but we know better. It is a farce.” A lie. A falsehood. A banner she waved but didn’t even try to utilize correctly. “She attacked her own people, Sah.” All for power.

The crows persisted, pervaded, until the armor kept them at bay. Not entirely stupid, they cawed and sank more outcries, more bellows, but Deimos could ignore them. He took a breath, steadying himself, etching along the corners of his mind not to launch, not to sneer, not to raise any hackles; but Sah had overstepped, had proclaimed so many things within an instant that the conflictions all leapt and seared.

The other Abandoned was bold – perhaps too much so – and woefully ignorant. “And who are you to say Noah should not come back to his own land?” A place where he’d lived and breathed, hunted and roamed, protected and guarded? “How long have you lived there? How can you make those judgments and calls?” The Sword would never be presumptuous enough – had known his standing as an Outlander since the very beginning, and stared hard at his friend. “I have seen the reach of the Voice and what she can do. And I would never wish it on anyone. You have experienced some now too.” His head shook, fighting over the tides of the political machinations, the calculations, the potential barring of a person who had every right to want his home back. Or the argument that the Voice still required her touches and fringes amongst the mountains - when they'd just fought a monster. “War is coming, regardless.” And people needed to stop putting their heads in the sand, in the dirt, in the muck and mire, and cease pretending. Not when it was the gods’ will. A pause, one more collective stoking of the fire in his lungs. “And what is Morgan going to do to prepare Halo for it?”
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Trigger Warning 
Sah

TW: Grief, loss of children, dark stuff

Sah could tell he'd fucked up. Why he insisted on actually speaking his mind, he'd never know. Maybe it felt too deceitful to keep his worries to himself? But seeing Deimos' reaction, it was clear that he'd have to show greater discretion in the future. If he couldn't speak to Deimos about such things, Lilly was likely the only one that he could.

Sah felt something harden, all emotions leaving his face. "I never stated that Morgan was neutral, only that she had made the claim and that it thus might be able to pressure her into acting favorably. I know what she did Deimos, I was there. I was also there for the aftermath." Each statement made bluntly, factual and cold.

Yet he remained silent as Deimos spoke his word, listening and assessing his views. It was beginning to dawn on Sah just how differently humans perceived wars when they related to gods. Eyeing the Sword emotionlessly  the young Outlander tried to at least explain his reasoning one last time.

"I'm well aware of my status Deimos, and the limits that come with it." There was a slight edge now, underneath the ice. "That doesn't mean I can't give a damn about who lives and who dies. Morgan will fail to prepare Halo if left to her own devices. But any underhanded or violent means of removing her will only bring bloodshed. Will only bring the war sooner and will have it start by destroying Halo as a whole. Am I not allowed to care simply because of what I am? And yes, I have no right regarding what Noah does. But I have every right to at least worry when it looks like he's spiraling."  

The edge in Sah's voice sharpened, dripping with the blood and tears of a fallen world, "I have only been in Caido for less then two years, yes". And I've already seen the horrific crimes committed by both The Voice and The Old Gods. Neither are innocent, but neither is pure evil. But above all else, they are not my Gods and I will not allow their war to kill what little I have left."

Sah's voice cracked, falling into a whisper. "Is it so wrong to want to minimize bloodshed before the war inevitably breaks out? To want to prevent as many deaths now as possible? Deimos, if I have to watch another child die, I won't survive. I already lost mine. I can't lose anyone else."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos listened. Even when fueled and immersed in irritation, the soldier had always paid attention. Lent his knowledge. His sagacity. His silence. But the winding roads Sah was traversing upon barely made sense to him – uncertain if the younger man was doing much of the same, or launching into some tirade borne from another tangent entirely. A wave of calm pierced and lingered over him, perhaps from Zuriel at his shoulder, perhaps from Belial at his feet, perhaps from the layers sticking and nettling, thorns nestled and curled. He didn’t want to keep having the same conversations over and over and over again, but perhaps they were necessary. “We have already said we would not do anything violent. Nor did I insinuate you should not care.” Of all the members of Morgan’s small council, Sah was probably the only one who considered the land and people as a whole.

His features grew less impassive, and his head tilted, diving into the curious annals, ignoring the way Sah altered his speech and tone. “But you are making massive leaps and assumptions. When and where did you see him spiraling? What does that mean?” Deteriorating? Wasting away? Crumbling into a mess? Because Deimos had seen Noah proud and protective, but certainly not any of the other measures or emotions.

And perhaps Sah could believe himself capable of running, of fleeing, of evading the celestial beings, but they were everywhere. “The Old Gods are embedded in Halo. Look at what Frey has done for the land. They are the deities that are here.” Sah didn’t have to worship them. Didn’t have to talk to them, but he wouldn’t be able to deny their existence. A pause, a flicker of something else, and a long, withering sigh unfurled, avoiding the urge to rub at his temples. “It is not wrong to want to curb the bloodshed.” That’s all the Sword had ever strived to do for those he trained – to ensure efforts of protection, of defense, were there. “But I do not believe barring Noah from his home is what will cease it."
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah leaned back against a tree, giving himself some form of grounding. One hand came up and rubbed his temples, "I'm not explaining any of this properly. Give me a second." He'd let his stress and emotions get the better of him, a careless amateurish mistake. It was rather embarrassing in all honestly.

"I'm not insinuating that he stays gone forever. Just.. here me out. Noah seems to have an issue with the Ascended as a hole. He described them as 'willing to dominate and destroy' and he meant that collectively. I'm worried that he'll let that hatred of an entire race cloud his judgment." That was a brief way to put it and possibly hypocritical but Sah didn't want to spend the next hour trying to make a single point.

"I know we plan to take back Halo peacefully and I've been thinking about how. We've said that it needs to come from the people so it will. I was considering arguing for your return alongside other Attuned besides Noah. The argument would be that lack of protection we currently have. Noah would have to stay away because flat out hatred for Ascended will only get in the way of this part." Sah took a deep breath, trying to choose his words carefully so that Deimos would hopefully see his train of thought. '

"Once Halo is properly protected and things settle down, we call a vote. To have Halo choose collectively where we stand in teh coming war. For the New, the Old, or for neutrality. In the time it takes for things to fall into place, I'm hoping we can further strengthen Halo's connection to the Old. That way when it comes time to choose, they choose the Old. Then, and only then, should Noah come back."It had holes in it for sure but this was the best plan that Sah had managed to come up with on his own. It was also far more rational then that humiliating outburst just now.

As for the rest, Sah eyed their surroundings tiredly. "I know they're the ones here. I wish it wasn't the case, but I know." He glanced at Deimos, "I only think that Noah should stay away from the parts that involve interacting with any and all Ascended." Sah ran a hand through his hair a bit sheepishly, "I also should probably not try to have conversations when I've been awake for almost 10 days. Sorry for well...that." He gestured his hand metaphorically towards his outburst.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare