[se] there are brighter flames
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
I carried my own ashes to the mountains
Deimos took a long, deep breath once more, as Sah seemed to come back to some form of rationality. But the visible look of irritation remained. His mind was churning in all directions, striving to find the interlocking maneuvers and motions the Abandoned was proposing, and how they’d arrived at such junctures. Arms continued to be folded across his chest, and Zuriel had once more slid her muzzle on the top of his shoulder, as he found a boulder to sit upon. He’d much preferred angling gore crows around to this. “Seems to? Are you basing this on one instance? A plan framed on an assumption?” How had that been spiraling? Another pause and consideration, wondering if words had been placed in the Sentinel’s mouth. “Is that what he said? That he hated an entire race?” The Sword’s eyes narrowed again, befuddled, bewildered, perplexed by the journey – especially since Sah had seen and experienced multitudes of it. “You saw Neron, Nate, and Wessex willing to do exactly that.” Individuals, but certainly not the whole.

One of his hands went to his chin, propping his head up as his elbow dug into his thigh. The notions of rubbing his temples came again, but he relented, listening in his diligence and patience. This scheme was skewed and far too reliant on variables of people, of characters, who probably weren’t willing to go along at such a pace and march (himself included). “While I appreciate the thought you have put into these notions, I do not know many who would return to Morgan, and willingly aid her, after everything she has done.” She’d orchestrated the measures to herself, and unfortunately Halo. “We have a stalemate now because she cannot go to the gods herself.” Except for the Voice – pushing and pressuring, dividing and devising, showcasing for the world exactly what the woman had become. It was one of the few things they had going for them at the moment, and he wasn’t about to relinquish it. The Sword glanced down at the ground, contemplating, considering, ways to improve, rather than flat out deny. “She would not allow us any power to call the Old Gods. It would go against the Voice. We would just be a number.” And in that way – wasn’t Sah using them?

As for the apologies, and the outburst, his jaw clenched, resolute, piercing stare pinpointed back to Sah. “I am your friend, but I did not deserve any of that. Nor does Noah.”
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

Sah let out a heavy sigh, opening his mouth to attempt to explain his thoughts. He never got the chance however as Lilly reached over and sharply nipped his wrist. Her message was clear. Her bonded was being an idiot and she was done tolerating it. The wolf refused to allow him to dig an even deeper hole then he'd already made.

Sah eyed the wolf incredulously for a second, raising a brow at the onslaught of annoyance and exasperated fondness that seemed through their bond. Feeling both amused and irritated, Sah returned his attention to Deimos, "Seems I've been scrambling for some kind of solution when there isn't one yet." Being stuck in a circle of planning an inaction was wearing down his patience but Deimos was right. They needed something solid and not based on assumption.

Sah felt a sharp sting in his chest at Deimos' gaze and words, guilt piercing him deeply. "I know, I'm sorry." The two men had been one of the biggest sources of stability for the Outlander since coming to Caido, mentors and friends who had stepped up to help. They deserved better from him. He'd relied on them on numerous occasions and Sah needed to be someone that they could trust and rely on as well.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
While Zuriel seemed to be serving as a grounding point for the Sword, Lilly apparently had similar thoughts towards her companion. A smile nearly flickered along the side of his mouth as she bit and nipped at the fool, but he kept it inward – speculation only drifting upwards on the inclination of his brow. At the very least, it disrupted the exasperation and irritation in the larger man, and another long, low breath cycled back through his lungs. “Maybe we are making this too complicated.” Despite the promise of not rendering violence, he’d be content to admit the prospect seemed much more enticing each day. Two individuals felled wouldn’t be much of a challenge, and the denizens of Halo could be less and less effected, depending on how sneaky, and stealthy, they could commit the act.

None of that was voiced, entrenched deep into his mind, where a pile of other machinations and calculations remained, never to see the light of day or the whisper of a word. Instead, he tilted his head, alternating back and forth over other parameters. “Has she added any others to her council?” There was always the voting out factor.

As for the expression of repentence, Deimos lifted his head off his chin and stared at Sah for a long time, pondering how best to respond. He didn’t receive many solemn regrets in his multiple times on different earths – mostly when bonds were broken and severed with him, they were truly abolished. This had been a foolish occasion, but not something no one could whittle back from. “Your apology is accepted,” with an undertone of do not do it again.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Perhaps they were making things too complicated, but the simplest solution wasn't always the best one. "We can't do anything more... 'effective' without knowing that we can enforce what we change. Otherwise, it'll be a full repeat of you last attempt. If we don't have the power or means to back up our actions, then there's no point of such a move."

Deimos and the others hadn't even attempted to fight off the Ascended and that spoke volumes to Sah about a power gap. Unless that gap could be bridged, or a strategy could be implemented to counter act it? They'd have to stay their course and find as near a diplomatic solution as they could. Deimos' question pulled a sigh from Sah, "Besides me and basically Neron? Not that I know of." A smaller population, a small council, a lack of progress.

His apology received, Sah gave a sharp nod. There really wasn't much else that he could say in that regard. The underlying message was heard loud and clear, and it sent another pang of guilt through the Abandoned. Sah knew that he needed to step back and let his mind clear. He needed to listen and process later, otherwise he'd end up going down wild trails of thought again. He glanced back at Deimos, "Do you have any ideas?"
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
His brows furrowed again, either out of irritation at the situation, his own knowledge reverberated back to him, or that they were continually going in circles. “I am aware.” But this wasn’t moving forward. It was a mix of the same repeated notions. His jaw clenched, and he loosened one more elongated breath, striving to keep it together without more frustrated angles contorting between his teeth. “The main issue was, and could still be, Wessex. The rest could have been dealt with.” And had been in some parameters – Deimos had at least taken out Neron. Hotaru had been pregnant. Noah had fought for his survival. The aforementioned demigod, however, was another force altogether. And while he could harpoon and unleash tide after tide of power, demolition, and dominion, they’d clearly gathered the Wraith there because she would’ve outlasted them all. “We sent a letter to the Hollowed Grounds, asking where they stand in all of this. Perhaps we will know where to expect her actions once we hear a response.”

And with no one else in the delegation, save for Neron and Sah, that left out the ability to remove Morgan via her council’s weight. He started walking once more, breezing along a narrow strip of pathways bordered by muck and grime, simply because the restlessness and exasperation was coiling into his limbs. “We keep saying it needs to come from the people. They need to understand Morgan does not have their best interest at heart.” Nor the Voice. "The LongNight monster should be a sign of what the Voice's motivations are."
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah nodded in thought as he listened to Deimos lay out the current situation. They really had been running in circles thus far. The younger Abandoned's eyes narrowed for a moment, "What exactly did you ask the Hollowed Grounds?" His tone held a bit of confusion and intrigue. How could they ask their position in teh war without it coming across as an interrogation or threat?

Reaching out beyond the borders of Halo wasn't a bad idea though. "What about the Greatwood?" A thought occurred that Sah was hesitant to put into words. "If... and only if force becomes our only option...what about a joint venture? If the Greatwood keeps them busy, then the Ascended will have no means to swoop in and stop us from taking Halo." A last resort as Sah hated the idea of subjecting Halo to more chaos. That and Sah was still hesitant about harming any Ascended. The Voice was the enemy, not the Ascended.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
His mind reflected back to words on parchment, Cordelia’s writing fluttering and flickering along as they reverberated ideas back and forth. “If the Hollowed Grounds ordered Wessex to go after Halo, or if it was of her own volition.” He paused, eyes narrowing briefly on a spinning leaf caught along the mud, intertwined with the wind, before it was freed from the same clutches. “And if Halo was to expect any other attacks.” No interrogation, no threats, but raw and real feelings based on people who’d been forced out of their home, who’d watched citizens of another land come and bombard theirs because one woman had craved power, and was willing to launch upon her own to snag at it again.

As for the Greatwood, Deimos gave a massive snort. It could’ve been a laugh. “I have already been told the Greatwood would have no part in it.” Courtesy of Remi – even though the Sword would never have asked. “If there is no benefit to them in all of this, I can see why they would not bother.” Save for another land united under the Old Gods’ power and dominion.

Without Sah’s input on the LongNight monster, nor Morgan’s interests, he let the topic fade. But kept it, as always, tucked in the corners and webs of his calculating ventures.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah hummed, nodding in understanding. "I see. That would be good to know. But can we trust their response to be true?" Wessex was their former queen; wouldn't they side with her actions regardless? And if not, she was still one of their demigods and the Grounds likely couldn't do anything against her wishes.

Deimos' snort surprised Sah. He raised a brow, feeling baffled, "You're on bad terms. Seriously?" This was a war and the two hypothetical Old God strongholds were on bad terms. Sah let out a long, tired sigh, "Anyway to fix that? If we're not united in this war then we've already lost."

No wonder they weren't getting anywhere in their plans. They were only playing with half their pieces so to speak. A blatant disadvantage already from the start. If whatever rift present was possible to repair, then they needed to do that first.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
“It is better than nothing. And if it is false, then we will have documentation of their lies.” On the need to enact something other than irritation, his air magic took hold of the variety of leaves, spinning them around so his mind didn’t restlessly toy into any other exasperation. Both of them could poke holes in plans all day long, but it was the need to move forward, driving onward, do something other than wallow around and meander about the particulars, that prodded at his spine.

As for the raised brow, his eyes narrowed, demeanor shifting once more to evident vexation with the younger man. “We just discussed not making assumptions. I never stated that.” Broad leaps churned again, and he was growing tired of having to decipher and finagle his way through the muck and mire over and over again. “And we appear to be talking about two different things. The Greatwood does not want to be involved in regaining Halo, and I agree. It should be a problem solved by us.”
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah flinched, realizing his mistake, jaw snapping shut with a click. "Right. Understood." He made a mental note to focus on fixing that habit lest he truly anger someone. What was the point in thinking a few steps ahead if a step in the middle didn't even exist in the first place? The Abandoned thought that grating on Deimos' nerves at this point and considered himself lucky that he hadn't been smacked yet.

After taking a moment to actually consider his words, Sah turned back to Deimos. "That makes sense. We'll handle Halo but do you think joint ventures might be a possibility when the war truly breaks out? I..I'm not sure about Caido's culture in that regard. Are Halo and the Greatwood more inclined to act on their own or as a single unit under the Old God's banner when the time comes?" That was better. It seemed like a better idea to ask questions and clarify things then think on his own.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
The irritation remained solidified on his features this time, between the furrowed brow, piercing slate of his eyes, and the growing tornado of leaves he’d assembled, Sah was treading on thin ice. He’d remained tolerant and patient for long enough, and perhaps the other Abandoned finally noticed and relented with a click of his jaw; causing the more dangerous edges to subside along the Sword, for the time being. He wasn’t going to listen through a third tirade.

He walked further, long strides sweeping, indifferent to the way the muck faltered underneath his mass, strengthening it with barely a hint of the enchantments woven beneath – into earthen form, solidifying, while Sah found his voice once more. “That depends on who is leading,” and here he shrugged his shoulders; because everything was still up in the air with so much time to go before the drums sounded and ricocheted. “And who is willing. Some may want to be left to themselves. Some may want to be defensive fortresses. Some are in denial,” and here he inclined a brow, clearly suggesting Torchline. “And we do not know how this war is going to be fought.”
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah relaxed marginally, mentally letting out a relieved sigh. Seems he'd finally gotten something right in this interaction. The younger Abandoned kept pace as he listened to Deimos lay out the current state of things for the war. It wasn't promising for them, not in the least. It was understandable that some people wished to remain as far removed from the war itself. Sah could only hope that those individuals were at least taking measures to stay safe if the fighting ended up in their backyard so to speak.

The mention of how however made Sah's eyes narrow in thought. "How have wars been fought in the past in Caido?" He'd been under the impression that they'd been the same as any war. Large scale battles, small skirmishes, sabotage, and everything in between. Though this conversation alone had shown that his assumptions were often incorrect, so he kept that to himself.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
While Deimos had fought all manner of warfare – from the covert to the overt, from the furtive to the glaringly obvious, to the march across plains and the refugee maelstroms thereafter, they’d yet to encounter any scales of Caido’s accomplishments. If it were measured together in a particular book or tome, he’d yet to uncover it. “I am not certain,” though from the meager details they’d been given, there’d been some manner of battle, relics from the reticent warriors scattered amongst the dirges. He paused, still walking, still keeping an unforgiving pace, bearing witness to the leaf tornado growing more disastrous within the art of his ministrations. “All I know is that the Voice was trapped within the Hollowed Grounds those three hundred years ago,” along with all its citizens, inhabitants, and the deities themselves.

“May be worth consulting with one of the gods,” but the sentiment gave him incredible pause – for he hadn’t earned the right to query Safrin anytime soon. “Or Naturals.” He had no intention of stepping out of the bounds of his Outlander status – for he still hadn’t been born here, no matter how he’d been dragged from other worlds, assisted these ones, or gave himself over time and time again.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah continued to keep pace with Deimos though he was beginning to wonder what their destination was. The Sword was moving too purposefully for the Outlander to believe it was merely an aimless walk. He noted the ever increasingly irritated wind with narrowed eyes. Deimos was more stressed then Sah had realized, and he berated himself for his earlier carelessness.

The fact that even the Sword was unaware of what the war might entail exactly had Sah letting out a hum in thought. "That complicates things slightly." He let out a small sigh, "I'm not sure about asking one of the Gods either. But I can certainly start asking some of the Naturals I know and trust."

That factor did open up other questions in his mind. Sah glanced at his friend curiously, "What would our victory look like for you? Beyond the destruction of the Voice that is?" What did the Sword picture? Would the Hollowed Grounds remain? What of Accepted followers of the Voice?
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare