[se] there are brighter flames
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
I carried my own ashes to the mountains
There wasn’t any destination – just the restlessness coiled up within him, yearning to be unleashed in some manner. He saved the less than disastrous qualities for the leaves twirling and spinning, beginning to accumulate other nettles and brambles as they walked along; a apprehensive collection of things and movements. A few pulses of his mind, the portions not occupied by whatever calculations threatening to become a maelstrom, wove the length of wind in and amongst the eaves, so everything curled and contorted in haphazard wakes. Belial wandered alongside the strokes of power, amused where Deimos was not.

He didn’t have anything to say about complications – everything seemed to be that way. And even the next inquiry didn’t give him much in the way of hope; jaw clenching, feathering, under all the munitions lodged within the world. “The Voice gone and the Ascended freed from her. Able to live without her influence.” Scarcely below a growl and barely above a whisper, Sah would have to be listening well to even hear it at all. “Which we already know cannot be.” And so those notions drifted to Kiada, and he gave forth a long, bitter, slow sigh.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

Sah was listening intently, partially out of genuine curiosity and partly out of desire to not fuck up again. The whispered words thus heard and the Abandoned's brow furrowed. He didn't know all of the details about Deimos and Kiada's relationships, but they seemed like family in some manner. It made sense then why the Sword was so distraught, and why he was able to differentiate the Voice and the Ascended while others could not.

Sah sighed heavily, "It seems so." He paused and glanced at Deimos, "At least for now. We still have some time and there are still relics out there with unknown abilities. We also don't know what might happen if all of the relics are placed in vicinity of each other. It's possible that they are keys or triggers for some pre-planned event." The Outlander found the entire concepts of these relics to be quite foreboding. There was surely more to then then anyone had discovered, right?

But beyond suspicious relics and what was beginning to look like an inevitable disaster, Caido was going to change immensely regardless of the outcome. "I wonder if the regional boundaries will even stay the same when this is all said and done."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
He watched as Belial eased himself in between the folds of magic, of the woven leaves and the shriveled thorns, of the nettles threatening to turn and hasten – the peryton instinctually placing his wings aside, or unfurling them when the time was right. Habitual inclinations; the companion was brimming with triumphant glee, and Deimos couldn’t take it for what it was worth when it was volleyed back at him. He took another breath and let the enchantments cascade, flicker, filter in a downward spiral – his mind turning in all sorts of directions.

They’d never had any enhancing items, at least as powerful as these relics, in his previous wars. Another element breathing down on them – an arms race, while tensions loomed and bitterness preened and everything seemed to be dragged down a path of no return. What he wouldn’t give to have what had been some years before – even with Zariah’s pettiness and reign, there’d been a semblance, a sense, of camaraderie. Of collaboration, no matter who or what or where they were. Now they all twisted back on one another with bared teeth and hostile enmity; waiting for the next ax to fall. “Do you believe just having them gathered together would trigger the war?” His gaze fell away to the ground, brow furrowing again, in deeper contemplation. It depended on who had what, and he only knew of a certain few in the Old Gods’ possession. “I always figured it would be our actions. Something would happen, and push us all over the edge.” To the inevitable.

Which was why they’d been so careful about Halo. And everything else; far more furtive, far more covert. But the next statement left him wondering too, head raising upward to glance back at Sah. “What do you mean?”
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Sah shook his head, "No. I mean it's possible, but I agree that it'll likely be our actions. I meant that the relics might trigger something else." The Abandoned hummed trying to come up with specific examples, "Maybe they summon something, open a portal to a new place, maybe they create a boon or curse...that kind of thing. Triggering something that has been planned by whoever made them or whoever distributed them across Caido."

Sah wasn't sure if he was explaining the idea perfectly. There wasn't even any evidence of this being the case yet, but it was a feasible enough thing that he felt should be considered. There were still so many unknowns about the coming war that it seemed reckless to throw away any possibilities yet.

Deimos's confusion then made Sah glance at him with surprise. Had he said something weird? "I mean...borders change. Territory is conquered, reclaimed, etc. That's what I mean. A war breaking across an entire world can lead to certain regions being entirely destroyed or left uninhabitable. I mean that the divisions between Halo, Torchline, The Wilds, The Greatwood, and the Hollowed Grounds might not be what they are once the war is over. Some borders might be gone or altered in the end."

Boundaries and regions had the potential to change vastly during a war. A war between gods didn't seem like it'd be any different in that regard. Especially when either side was vying for the destruction or suppression of the other's gods. If there was a clear winner of the war, Sah couldn't imagine the borders staying as they were.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
The air in his elemental factions faded; Belial took its last whims and skimmed over the top, while the Sword became consumed with other thoughts and munitions. “It would not be beyond potential,” and just another thing to worry about when all was said and done. Considering what a majority of them had seen in their time in Caido – like books upon portals taking them into actual pages, monsters thriving, awakening, bludgeoning – why wouldn’t a war do the same? But how did one prepare for such a prediction? His jaw feathered again, and as tempting as it was to glance down at the ground, he raised his eyes back up to the world around them – some inscrutable, murky void, taking in the sights, the sounds, but nothing quite registering. Not when there were other multitudes carving their wake in his machinations. “Then I suppose we keep trying to snag them when we can.”

As for the other proportions – kingdoms changing, altering, bending, reclaimed in different, altering names or deities, Deimos’ experience had only been in the swift obliteration of titles. “In my world before, we often took over territories without modifying the terrains.” Hence his prior confusion. Gaze pinpointed back on Sah, with a shrug to his shoulders, because there’d be no ceasing or stopping a divine being’s potency in the possibility. “Perhaps. But I am not certain what could be done about what you say.” Winning the skirmishes, the battles, the crusades, could be a preventative – but for what? For who? Especially when they weren’t clear on how the campaigns would be enacted. “Other than finding a means to protect the lands themselves.” Which always left the thoughts circling and cycling back to Halo – where nothing occurred.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

The Outlander felt the same frustrations as the Sword. How could they prepare for such things? "Seems so. Do we have any so far?" It was hard for Sah to imagine that none had been collected thus far given Deimos and Noah's capabilities. How many relics were even out there? Would bringing them together help or harm those involved? There were far too many uncertainties and unknowns surrounding the relics.

Sah gave a small sigh, "I think you might be right. I don't think there's anything we can do preventively to protect the land itself. We'll just have to spend some time rebuilding after the war." It was something to consider later, but for now they had to focus on actually surviving the coming storm.

"Reclaiming Halo, claiming relics...why do I feel like there's something else we need to be doing to prepare?" It was something that had been bothering the Abandoned for a while. Sah shook his head in frustration, "There's no evidence that there is, none at all. Maybe I'm just feeling restless." He could only hope that that was the case.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Zuriel followed and traced after footsteps, and while Belial wandered in the sky, the Sword instinctively brushed his hand over the mare’s forehead, under locks and below the horn, scratching her there as her head lowered, as worlds and words blurred behind his eyes. “Yes,” he nodded, the recollection of basilisks and caves and Remi’s kraken form vivid in his memories. Swift and certain, powers potent in the stone frameworks of other realms they hadn’t fully explored or understood. “We have some.” It might’ve been a relief, just in that instant, because there was no telling how many more were out there. “I am not certain about the Ascended though.” And in fairness, he understood why they kept it secret, furtive, close to their chests. The very same reasons those on the Old Gods side clustered and coiled.

Rebuilding wasn’t anything new – they’d done so after LongNights. After fires. After broken down Fiat Luxes. After monsters. After fallen temples. After splintered, fractured lives. “We at least have experience in that,” with a softened smirk, fingers winding their way into the unicorn’s mane, a soft sigh flickering through. I am quite lost he uttered to her in silence, in companion bonds, and she snorted; predictable in turn.

But the soldier’s head shifted back to Sah, reaching into his pockets for treats again, brows furrowing slightly, the thoughts coiling back over. “There is always something with the changing of seasons. These ones just have a countdown associated with them.” Each one closing in, quicker, faster, until the inevitable. “I am restless too,” with the need for change charging down the wide breath of his shoulders and chest.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah felt a surge of relief, "Good." It made sense for both sides to guard their numbers. Every bit of advantage they could gain would be helpful. As for the numbers left, "I suspect there's at least eight relics. Why else would we have been given a timetable of eight seasons?" It was possible that there were more, but it seemed less likely for there to be less than eight.

Despite himself, Sah chuckled, "I imagine so." He was still rather new to Caido yet even he had been a part of multiple rebuilding projects. Barracks, walls, farms, and everything in between. The Outlander could hardly fathom what those who had been in Caido for far longer had had to work on.

It was a small comfort to know that he was not alone in his restlessness and unease. But it didn't alleviate the feeling. Lilly glanced at her bonded for a moment, giving him a gentle shoulder bump to his knee. She wasn't about to let Sah spiral into anxiety or further stress. The Abandoned gave his companion a quick ear ruffle before turning back to Deimos. "I suppose for now we can keep our eyes and ears open. Continue to train and grow and take the opportunities that emerge." That was something productive they could focus on beyond their other goals. Sah couldn't think of much else beyond that given their lack of valid information.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
The prediction gave him pause; mostly because he hadn’t thought about it in such literal terms before. His eyes widened, tracing away from Zuriel as he opened his palm for her treat, and passing one over to Lily out of habit. “Or one for each deity.” The numbers ran in his head, circulating, calculating; of Safrin’s urgency in Seren finding the one below the Sea of Glass, of all the other parameters and possibilities. One for Ludo, Safrin, Frey, Vi, Rae, Mort, and then the New Gods – the Voice and the Core? “Things they were associated with.” An Ascended had the basilisk form – so had it been of the newer beings? It rang of her experimental procedures, of things like monsters running rampant, of creatures, people tossed aside when everything fell away.

His eyes fell back to Zuriel and her forelock, hands restless to braid it or do something other than stand there. Belial continued to fly along, unbothered, tilting his way into wind and sun. Deimos couldn’t remember what it was like to be so carefree – not with the weights and responsibilities worn so readily along his frame. “I told Noah I wanted to speak to those left in Halo. See if there is anything we can do to sway them. To force another vote.” His gaze lifted, following the peryton’s figure above the murk and grime, placing his center there too, without bogs and revelations. “People cannot be content with Morgan doing nothing.” At least, he couldn’t quite fathom it.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah paused at Deimos' counter before agreeing, "Or one for each deity. Though that'd be nine, right? The Safrin, Ludo, Frey, Vi, Rae, Mort, The Voice, The Core, and Caido." That still brought them to at least eight relics to collect before anyone else could. The concept of association made sense as well. "If it's based on association, whose relics do you think have been collected so far? If we know which relics are accounted for, maybe it'll help us find the others?" Or it might give hints to their location or how to collect them once found. Still the lack of knowledge on what relics the Ascended had would hinder that.

Deimos began to braid Zuriel's mane and Sah listened as the Sword shared his thoughts. "I think that's a good idea. Halo is restless. Nothing has been done since Morgan retook power besides her initial meeting. We discussed seeking a quest from an Old God, but nothing has been even attempted. And there have been no war preparations beyond individuals stepping up to collect extra supplies." Hunters and tradesmen had increased their loads when they could, but in terms of true preparations they were getting nowhere.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
He hadn’t considered Caido, but the numbers still stood outright. Uneven too, ensuring one side might be tipped more than the other. “The one from the Peepholes was from an Ascended.” Taken, drained, lifeless from the outreach of power by his own measure – had they of known, would they have still pierced their way into the monster and man?

Probably.

He would permit Sah to glean what he liked from that information – waiting for either another launch of an assumption, or to peer into what was known and true. Deimos wasn’t certain of where Safrin’s was (because timelines) or who held it, just that it’d been snagged, and he wasn’t keen to unload only half-regarded information.

Hands braiding, circumventing down in a simple plait, he tilted his head, listening, drawing into what he could. “At the very least, she cannot do anything reckless then.” With the stalemate in place, but it meant the time passing wasn’t being put to suitable use. What the Sword, Sentinel, Valkyrie, and so many others could’ve done to ensure Halo was properly secured. “Do you know of anyone else on the fence? Or new to the region?” That way he could contact them – possibly during the upcoming season and cycle, and see what he could accomplish.
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah sighed, "I see. One relic being for the Ascended really doesn't tell us much about if they represent gods or not. We'll just have to see what the others turn out to be." As much as his mind made assumptions, the Outlander ensured they were squashed before he even regarded them, much less made them verbal.  Small progress was still progress and Sah was determined to not make the same mistake yet again.

Sah caught on to what Deimos was asking, or at least he thought he did. Or was he assuming yet again? "There's been a few newcomers actually. Are you thinking about talking to them first and pushing for another vote?" Sah could certainly try to talk to them and see what they felt about the war and where their loyalties lay.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
“So we wait and learn more.” Sometimes a frustrating cycle, but with no other alternatives, they could only wage their theories on sand-filled towers, waiting for some figure to topple or remain upright. Strong and sturdy enough to stand above the waves, or far too lilting, beleaguered by the currents, fallen apart before everything else came undone.

He finished Zuriel’s braid, rounding it off and curling it underneath. The mare shook her head, but seemed pleased with the preening and attention, so he patted her on the neck, maneuvering only slightly to peer back at Sah – who had gotten the measure of his request. “Yes. That way it comes from the people. It will be their decision.” No violence. Would Morgan, Neron, or Wessex be able to argue those outcomes? Lay waste again? “Do you have names?”
DEIMOS
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah tilted his head, trying to recall names as he'd only heard most of them passing. "Tray, Shaye, and Sylvia I believe. I think I've only seen Sylvia around though. She's a fellow hunter so maybe I can invite her out to hunt with me." There really wasn't a lot of time to build bonds of trust so hopefully they were already inclined towards the Old Gods.

The Outlander would do his best to trigger a new vote. Though he still struggled to stomach the coming war. He tried to keep his eyes on protecting Halo and his loved ones. But the fact that doing so would mean destroying the Ascended kept hitting him and making him hesitate. But hesitation would get them all killed so he did his best to push it down when it reared its head.

He sighed heavily, "I'll also see if I can get a meeting up just to touch base with the people of Halo. Despite Morgan's inaction being a bit favorable for us, we do still need to start preparing for the war, even if only defensively." That was something that Sah could do as soon as he was home.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare