cupped hands and holy water
Enzo Kaliesin

Age: 21 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Enzo

Though the Greatwood is vast and untouched by his inquisitive hands, Enzo is vexed all the same by the restrictions placed upon him when it comes to adventuring. The Drop being too dangerous or the Wildwood’s love for misdirection don’t seem like adequate explanations to him as to why he’s now allowed to explore their reaches. Or, let him rephrase - to explore them alone.

Enzo loves his family, happy boy that he is, but nothing should stand in the way of adventure! Still, this section of the Stonesong is new, and therefore he will allow himself to be mollified a little longer.

The water is terribly cold, but it doesn’t dissuade the curly-haired child from its depths. It does, however, make him run back and forth to dry land whenever the cold bites too hard at his knobby knees. Waiting to warm back up before venturing in once more. Summer is not a season he has experienced yet, but Enzo can’t wait for it all the same.

Currently he is trying to teach himself to skip rocks. Mild success is a kind word for it, given a child’s lack of coordination, but he eagerly sets to the task. Deducing (with some varying degree of accuracy, given a few wild conclusions) which stones skip the best, and wondering why.
and though I can't recall your face
I've still got love for you
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige

Spring hasn't come to the Greatwood in the same way it's come to Torchline. The air here isn't balmy. It doesn't cling to her skin or make her hair stick at her temples. It's easier to breathe in a way that she's not entirely used to. Still, Paige isn't deterred. She skips through the woods, uncaring of any dangers that might be lurking in the trees. This place was protected by Mateo's parents. The Lullaby and the Huntsman surely kept anything bad at bay.

The young Attuned wanders, letting the woods lead her where they wish, remembering from Mateo that they sometimes had a mind of their own. Which is why it doesn't surprise her when she's suddenly at the Whispershore when she didn't think she'd been close to it before. Her steps slow at the sight of a boy and for a moment she's confused, thinking it is Mateo with his curls and wiry frame, but she pauses as her brows draw together when he tosses another rock. It isn't until she gets closer that she realizes it isn't him at all and her teasing comment about is rock throwing dies on her tongue

Paige clears her throat, slender fingers twisting into the skirt of her dress as she rocks on the balls of her feet, remembering to smile as the unfamiliar boy turns back to look at her. "You gotta flick your wrist right if you want it to skip. Plus you need a nice, flat and smooth stone." She says brightly, letting her bag fall unceremoniously from her shoulder as she skips forward and bends down, hair falling around her face as she looks for an appropriate stone. Finding one, she straightens, flashing it to him so he might see what she means. "Then you go like this." With an easy flick of her wrist, the stone goes skipping, bouncing five times before it disappears into the water on the sixth.
Love you to the moon and to Saturn
Passed down like folk songs, the love lasts so long
Enzo Kaliesin

Age: 21 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Enzo

Enzo trips ingloriously over the slick rocks at the clearing of a throat, but luckily doesn't entirely lose his balance as he whirls around in a cloud of curls to behold his new companion. A girl about his age, with cinnamon hair and freckles not unlike his own, though in far greater abundance. Her smile is nice, though with only his sister to compare to, Enzo finds he doesn't know what to do with himself when faced with it.

"Maybe I was just testing how they all sink," he lobs back at her, green eyes mischievous as he feigns a lofty superiority. It fades like fog beneath the sun the moment she steps forward to make an example of her words, far more fascinated by the way they're shown to be true than teasing her. "Cool!" he exclaims loudly, echoing slightly over the water as he grins wildly and immediately sets about hunting for a stone like the one she'd shown him. Pausing only once he has one in hand to turn over his shoulder, belatedly recalling his manners. "Oh, I'm Enzo by th'way. What's your name?" Scarcely capable of holding himself still enough to listen before he tries out the new rock.
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Paige

He's quick to toss back a reply, mischief and snark in his voice, sparking in his forest green eyes. Paige blinks, blue eyes just as bright as she looks up at him, a grin suddenly curling on her lips as she straightens up after proving her point. "If you were just trying to watch them sink then throwing them would be a whole lot faster." Paige quips back, hands on her hips as she watches him start look for a stone of his own to throw, but she spots one before him. The Attuned bends down, snatching it up and offering it to him, "My name is Paige. Enzo is a nice name."

She crouches, poking around at the other surrounding stones until she eventually finds a few that fit what she's looking for, stuffing the spares into the pocket of her dress as she palms the other one. "What are you doing out here by yourself? Do you live here?"
Enzo Kaliesin

Change author:
Enzo

Good, she's just as cool as his sister clearly if she's not put off by his teasing. Admittedly Enzo is a little screwed on the humor front considering both his parents, but that's a development he'll deal with in the future. "Says you. Maybe I'm trying to make them sink a certain way." Like a dog with a bone he doesn't know when to quit, even when he has been utterly found out. Not that it dissuades his eager smile as she plucks a stone to hand to him, happy to take it. "Paige. Like, from a book?" The compliment goes over his head, considering it's returned with what could be an insult, button nose wrinkling in confusion. "That's cool though!" Taking it at face value, he smiles again, and scrambles over the rocks to try this new skipping thing. Leaving Paige to comb over the rocks as he focuses on following her instructions. Tongue peeking out with concentration as he mimics her movements, cheering loudly when it gives him a measly two skips before sinking.

Turning to begin the hunt anew, the boy tunes an ear to Paige's questions, pocketing the ones that best meet the criteria she'd given. "I'm never really alone!" he corrects, which probably sounds incredibly fucking ominous but which he does nothing to explain. "I live here with all my family. My dad is the Guardian here," he pronounces, preening proudly. "So I can run around all over the woods!" Not beyond of course, but that's still a ton of territory for a young boy.
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

Paige rolls her eyes at him, but she can't help the smile that finds its way to her lips. "Yeah, says me! If that's what you're trying to do then I guess you're doing a good job, but maybe not cause the splashes aren't all that big." The girl quips, sticking her tongue out at him as she grabs another stone, stuffing it in the pocket or her dress. Only when she's found a few does the young Attuned skip towards the water. "Well, it's spelled differently. P-a-i-g-e." She says, skipping the stone across the water, sending it out with a whole five jumps before it sinks.

Her brows raise and she pauses, straightening up as she looks him over, putting two and two together. Her lips part and she makes a soft sound, "You're Mateo's brother." Paige says matter of factly. It's not a question. She knows all about Remi and what he does. She knows that Mateo has new siblings. It seems that she's come across one of them. "I run around by myself too. All over Torchline. My auntie is the queen there."
Enzo Kaliesin

Change author:
Enzo

“All I hear is ‘good job’,” he cackles playfully, nose wrinkling up with the force of the grin that he shoots her over his shoulder. It makes sense that her name is spelled differently, but alas, she’s going to be Book Girl in his brain until a (better) new nickname opportunity presents itself. As his next skip obtains an extra bounce, awarding him three, Enzo is more focused on that than the way she straightens and eyeballs him.

So of course it’s a little surprising she knows Mateo, but it runs like water off his back, accepted and integrated easily. “Yeah! He’s my big brother.” They don’t hang out as often as Enzo and Flora of course considering their living situations, but it’s not like the older boy is a stranger either - and to Enzo, family is everything, so it wouldn’t matter anyway. “Cool! I only go to Torchline sometimes, usually if my momma is shopping. I think she’d suck out my bones with one breath if I snuck away alone,” he laughs, enjoying the imagery he’s created as he skips another stone. “Do you have any siblings?” It seems an appropriate question, especially since he’s not quite sure what else to ask.