[SE] walk the walk
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
gratuitous violence; unnecessary, satisfying, heartbreaking
"I have been right a lot in this conversation. Be careful, or my head will get too big," Ronin cautions with a smirk. With the cake finished and the picnic packed away, he's content to sit with Maeve and their tea as they lazily make their way back towards Torchline's breezy shores. "War is made up of more than fighters. I know it doesn't seem like it from the outside, but I've been involved in enough to know it's true," he says.

"That's where I think making a choice and leaning on it can be a comfort," he admits regarding the gods. "Have faith in the path you've chosen, and at least then you'll be free of doubts, right? Believe in Safrin and I know she'll believe in you. Right choice or wrong, she'll still have you under her wing."
RONIN
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

"I think it already is, love." She quips, laughing as she pokes him in the side, meaning nothing by it other than playful jest. It's just light enough to make the rest of their conversation easier to bear and Maeve's grateful for it. The moment of reprieve needed. She sighs softly, looping her arm through Ronin's loosely as they glide towards the shore of her home, watching the torches flicker along the coast. "Then I hope I can perhaps be a refuge if nothing more. Make this place safe for those who are here." She knows if Safrin is behind her she can. She feels it in her bones.

"I know she will. I trust her and I trust you too, Ronin. I hope you know that. You and Remi... I hope that if necessary, I can count on you two." Maeve murmurs before she suddenly straightens, eyes widening as she remembers what she originally wrote him about. "I nearly forgot about the desert. Do you think that what is happening there could be related to another relic?"
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
For her trouble, Ronin gives Maeve a dramatic gasp and pretends to be offended, though the smirk on his face gives him away. They settle into a warmer silence, however dire the topic still happens to be, and the lights of Torchline creep ever closer. "If you are serious about declaring officially for Safrin, you know you will be able to count on me," he says with an easy shrug against her. "It's my job to keep people safe, even if you're also trying to keep them safe."

Blinking at her sudden swivel in topic, Ronin has to think for a few moments to even recall what she's talking about to do with the desert. He snaps his fingers when it settles in place, though, but he's still puzzled about it. "I'm not sure that another relic would be in the desert. From my experience they've been a bit... all over the place, like it was done that way on purpose," he admits. "But then again, I could be wrong. Perhaps I should go out there and take a look..."
RONIN
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

"I am serious." Maeve murmurs, glancing up at Ronin with sincerity in her gaze. "I'm going to talk to her. Soon." She crosses her heart, making her promise to the Huntsman and to herself. She just had to get a few answers first. "I'm thankful for it. I couldn't do it alone."

Maeve makes a soft sound of acknowledgement, shoulders lifting in a shrug, "Maybe one of the seasonal gods is hiding out there. Either way, if you'd like company, I'd be happy to go look with you. Who knows what we might find." She offers with another smile, sitting up a little straighter as the shore begins to become clearer, bonfires sprinkled along the water. "Hopefully our next meeting won't have to be so formal, hm?"
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"The seasonal gods? I believe we have found all of them apart from Flowerbirth's..." Furrowing his brow, suddenly the thought of plants growing in the desert doesn't seem all that strange. "Fingers crossed," he says of their next meeting, as the nimbus finally lists to a slow stop on the route to the Court of the Stars. "Here you go. Safe and sound." Ronin smiles to Maeve.

"If I decide to go out to the desert I'll let you know. I've still got a few things to do in Torchline first, but it might be worth digging into it, right?" He shrugs to her. "In the meantime, take care of yourself. And don't forget to let me know about that shrine."
RONIN
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve scoots towards the edge of the nimbus, slipping off of the edge about as gracefully as one can, turning to face him once more. Her smile is soft as she reaches up to cup his cheek, guiding him down so she might press a kiss to it like she often does with his husband, giving it a pat for good measure. "I will. Stay safe out there, Ronin. See you soon." Because the Nightshade would in fact see him soon. As soon as she got a few answers.

She had no plans in putting off her visit to Safrin, but first she needed information. Maeve wasn't going to be unprepared. She wasn't going to disappoint. Not when so many others had already done so.

~FIN <3~