when will my sassy ascended return from the war
for Neron/Sky/Astor
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN

It had been a couple of hours; Morgan had been in her most professional General mode, walking up and down the wall, commanding the guards to keep up their watch, talking to those around in her council and of importance in the Citadel to take on defensive jobs. However, the view of the Tundra remained unchanged - no great beast rushing for them, no victorious Accepted Demi Gods running to destroy the gates.

Finally, a shout came from one of the watchmen, as Morgan was busying herself with a count of their armoury supplies. Three coming over the snow, he announced - at least one of them Master Neron (whom the Guards referred to vaguely, shyly, knowing that he had a position in Morgan's life but not quite knowing what it was).

She ran up to the gate, looked out and with a sigh of relief and a grin, saw the Ascended returning. Morgan wasn't sure how they'd managed it, but that they weren't dead was enough for now. "Open the gates. I will go to assess the situation." She commanded, ready to march out as soon as there was space and head over the ice to the returning party. As she got close, seeing them all relatively in good health, a grin broke out over her face. For once, she didn't care that her guards were watching and as she got close, Morgan ran to embrace Neron, holding his shoulders tight and pressing her face into his neck, quietly whispering: "I was concerned."

The rare public affection did not last too long, her position as Warden coming back to mind quickly, and she pulled away to look at the other two. "What happened? Is all well?"
I've got you
You've got whatever's left of me to get
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
show me how it ends, it's alright
In relatively good health is news to Neron as he arrives with Kiada in tow, the two Ascended pretty much leaning against each other in order to stay upright (at least, that's how it is for Neron, and Kiada better play along so help him). He squints up at the gates as they draw close, his clothes scorched and torn and his sensors telling him in no uncertain terms to get fucked. The sight of Morgan is a relief, but to have her arms suddenly around him is something else entirely.

"Oh--" he manages, but it's over before it has even started, and he carefully straightens back up. "I'm not sure - Kiada and I, we had to leave. Wessex is..." He turns out at the Tundra, a frown creasing his brow. "She is still out there I think." And alive, he hopes.
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// i'm pedal to the metal make no mistake, this is my pity party, pity party
and i'm living out of time, eternal heatstroke, spiritual revolt from the waist down //
The young woman absolutely plays along, if for no other reason than (9 hp) she can’t even hear herself think with the way her sensors flare and zing through her mind, wincing as she walks with Neron as if they’re connected at the top. The second the gate comes into view, relief swells through her – protection and cover is what comes to mind first, before suddenly Morgan’s arms are around Neron and Kiada peels herself off to crumble in the snow covered ground, rolling into her back, a hand rising but shaking as she pushes back her dark hair from her face to stare at the dark sky.

Fucking Noah, Ronin, and Remi were there.” She grits out. “A huge fucking sea creature.” She spits, pushing herself up despite her sensors wailing, hand pressing to her temple as if she’d be able to make it stop, a shimmer of fluid coating her hand and the side of her neck where the X is carved into her skin.
i'm just a full tank away from freedom. spitfire
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN

As Morgan pulled away from Neron, her initial reaction aside, and really looked at the two of them, she saw how hurt they were. Surely they would both live, but it was clear that the fight had been difficult. The way Kiada flopped down was alarming (and realising it may have been because of her grabbing Neron, Morgan did have the grace to look embarrassed). "Alright, well. Our first concern is getting the both of you in the Citadel and resting. I don't know if we have doctors confident in treating Ascended, but I'll get them to try."

Wessex not having come back with them was concerning, but she knew the Demi God was more than capable of looking after herself; Morgan had spent enough years in command to know that you could not worry after every missing soldier.

Kneeling, she held a hand out to Kiada, keeping a hand on Neron's back. "Both of you, lean on me. I'll support you back to the gates." If they'd both let her, Morgan would hook her arms under each's shoulders and begin to help them back over the Tundra, keeping her eyes ahead on her goal of the gates. "I am glad to see that you emerged alive. Is the...sea creature dead?"
I've got you
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Ahead of them, through the open gates, Wessex (who still does not look like herself) appears inside and there’s a shout from the guards, who are quite confused because Master Neron is clearly already out beyond the gates. With the Warden. There’s some indiscernible, alarmed shouting between them before she changes back to herself. Her real self.

Wessex, too, is tired, but not like Kiada and Neron are. It’s only a moment before she breaks into a jog and heads their way, still carrying that damn bone like it isn’t something that was just hacked out of an ancient dinosaur. In the light grey light, it’s obvious she’s wet, and it’s starting to freeze on her, giving her stiff, crusty clothes and bit of a sparkly look. Maybe it’s the leftover stars from the beast’s blood.

“Are you okay?” she exhales, putting a hand on Kiada’s shoulder and then looking frantically between her and Neron. “I’m sorry for snapping,” she adds quietly, just to her sister. And in that she means I’m so glad you’re alive. To her brother, she turns and there is nothing but gratitude for him. “Sometimes I listen too.”
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Sorry," Neron slurs to Kiada as she slumps to the ground, and he gratefully leans against Morgan when she offers her support. Just in time, too, because at that moment Wessex arrives back, safe if not sound, and he offers a wobbly smile to her as well when she goes to help their sibling back up off the ground. "Resting sounds nice," he agrees, starting to limp his way back in through the Citadel gates.

"You're a real good listener when you want to be," he says to Wessex, nodding over his shoulder to her. "Sea monster's dead, but I don't know if we got the relic...?" He glances again to the Wraith for confirmation. "Honestly, it's enough to be alive right now."
Neron
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// i'm pedal to the metal make no mistake, this is my pity party, pity party
and i'm living out of time, eternal heatstroke, spiritual revolt from the waist down //
Unicorns.” Kiada manages to get out right about the time that she’s moving to stand, her body sounding like its groaning by the time she manages to get on her feet again and an arm wrapped around Morgan. Wessex arrives from within the inside of the Citadel, approaching them and Kiada’s confusion isn’t nearly as much as she thought it would be faced with the reality of the teleportation the demigod has.

Wessex’s hand rests on her shoulder and she manages to flash an amused but exhausted grin at Wessex. “It’s okay. I’d do the same.” She offers, and she’d shrug if she could but her body’s too worn out to even try. It’s hard enough to get her legs working beneath her. She’s silent as they walk back in and Neron speaks, leaning on Morgan a bit heavier as she contemplates what to say. “The plan was great, by the way.” As far as Kiada knew, nobody knew who was who – an old fashioned switcharoo right in front of the Old God fucker’s eyes.
i'm just a full tank away from freedom. spitfire
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Falling in beside Kiada, she offers to take some of the weight from Morgan and help carry the wounded back, wondering if the thing about the unicorns landed with the Warden. “No. I mean -” an audible grumble of frustration erupts suddenly. “I’m assuming I missed it. Or it wasn’t the heart. Maybe it was somewhere else? I don’t know.” Feeling defeated, and even looking a little defeated despite them all being alive, she shrugs, arms violently flung about. “But I think we have to assume they did.”

And then something hits her.

“And maybe they got the one in the Peepholes, too. That basilisk thing Noah turned in to - it’s what we encountered down there.” That thought alone sends something devastating crashing through her, like how the fuck did they find out? and how the fuck are they ever going to win against them? She doesn’t even know whatever the relic the others may-or-may-not-have-gotten does.

“Thanks. Neron’s right, I guess. It’s good to just be alive still. And we did learn a lot. Like how Noah’s the whiniest little bitch and a lot about what they can do now.” Kraken, Phoenix, Basilisk Dragon, explosion thingy, starbolts… the list seems never ending.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN

"Unicorns. Of course." Morgan let Wessex take Kiada off her shoulder, opting to keep Neron (something protective in her didn't want to let go, not when he was hurt); with her newly free hand she put two fingers to her lips and whistled loud. Eunike, never far gone, was running up from the gates quickly. "Eunike might be able to help you. Let her get close." The gold and black unicorn would snuffle around Kiada's face, as if asking permission before using her healing magic.

The conversation happening around her was certainly interesting. Upon hearing Noah had apparently turned into a Basilisk, Morgan raised her eyebrows, but didn't yet interrupt. Clearly, the Ascended were in the middle of plans and ideas she didn't know of, and frankly she was glad - the less she knew, the better. Helped her keep her neutrality.

As they got close to the gates, when Eunike had presumably tended to Neron as well, she looked between the three of them. "If you are all certain there's no threat to the Citadel, I'll take my leave. Neron, I...would tell you to come rest, but.." She shrugged. It wasn't like it would help him.
I've got you
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
Neron swears under his breath, but it's about all he can manage for the time being, at least until Eunike approaches. The Ascended allows his lady's companion to patch him up as much as she'd like to, and though he still feels weary, he is at least able to walk with a straight back again and speak without slurring his words. "So they are getting all the relics and we are floundering," he grumbles. "Well, I do love an underdog."

Rolling his shoulders, he smiles tiredly to Morgan as she suggests he rest, the Hailstorm nodding to her. "I would still like to, whether it is strictly necessary or not," he says - code for I want to hide up in a tower somewhere with you until I know there are no more prehistoric beasties about. "We'll catch up soon...?" This he directs to Wessex and Kiada, offering them both a small smile. "Perhaps in the Grounds, with the rest of the family."
Neron
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Something like that,” Wessex grumble-sighs, hating how the words sound in Neron’s mouth. Hating the truth in the harsh white light of day. Hating that they lost - again. It’s obvious that even with Eunike’s healing, they all need at least a night to recuperate their senses and collect their thoughts. And as Morgan and Neron seem to pair off, Wessex keeps her arm around Kiada protectively, giving the Hailstorm and the Glacier a nod. “Sure. Of course.”

There’s no one to comfort her in such a way, but the sudden stab of pain reminds her that its important for others to have those relationships.

“I’ll make sure Kia gets home okay. Come to the Grounds soon? We have a new training arena. I’d love to play with that Illusion Magic and fuck around with upgrades…” Trailing off, the Wraith shrugs and hopes that maybe it’s enough to entice him to actually stop by. “Anyway. Thanks again. Get some rest.” And with that, she starts to turn herself and Kiada towards the woman’s non-palatial home.

{Fin}