Personal Quest and bears, oh my!
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

The last hunt she went on was rather successful. Herself, Noah, and Deimos managed to bag at least one deer between them. However, the season was new and the game was out searching for the fresh grass that was beginning to grow through the melting snow. Cordelia strung the new string on her bow, straightening up as her eyes narrowed in the early morning light, nostrils flaring as she drew in a deep breath. There was a bear that had been sniffing around their encampment, threatening their meat stores, clearly unaware of the threat that laid within.

Slinging her quiver over her shoulder, Cordelia straightened, waiting for her counterparts to join her so they could get moving. The bear would likely still be moving slowly, but it would be hungry and Cordelia knew that they didn’t have much time before it threatened to push into their territory again.

Welcome to the hunting PQ to find and kill the bear that’s been trying to get into the camp!

Write yourselves arriving and what you’re bringing!

1. Cordelia
2. Deimos
3. Noah
I've been the archer and I've been the prey
Who could ever leave me, darling? But who could stay?
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
And in your darkest hour,
I hold secrets flame
Given their constant movement between lands, the Sword wasn’t surprised another predator had found their shelters worthwhile. Stored food, especially after a long winter’s nap, would signal a great, grand opportunity for any hungry bear. He just didn’t particularly enjoy the thought that it dared to encroach on their territory.

It could’ve been all the predators stored and coiled in the depths of his soul that bristled at the notions. Irritation, annoyance, exasperation – all tied and knotted, all gnarled and stoked, within pervading blood and nefarious bones. Why they couldn’t simply outright kill it crossed his mind several times over, but he adhered to Cordelia’s methods, merely because he knew three of them tackling, then carrying it, would be better than him rampaging. As tempting as it was.

So the soldier snagged at his assorted weaponry, placing the bag of holding over his shoulder, and was followed closely by his two companions as they all stepped towards Cordelia. Glancing between her and Noah, and only arching one brow, his inquiry was a measured countenance. “Have you seen it this morning?” Perhaps it was closer than they’d all realized.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
the devil you know is better than the ghost you don't
Noah hadn't expected to hear that a bear had been causing havoc in their claimed territory. He was interested in why the bear had chosen to come so close, with Deimos a very clear threat as another predator. His own scent was gone enough by now that it didn't matter. Perhaps Deimos and Cordelia had been away for too long that the bear simply got curious.

The hunter readied himself by placing 8 arrows within his quiver, still intentional and careful not to use the ones Cordelia had made for him yet. They were too precious and he did not want to waste them. He wasn't sure if she would look at it the same way. Surely she intended for them to be used, but Noah just was not ready to use them with his fire quiver.

Straightening up when Deimos spoke, Noah shook his head. "I haven't seen it." though he hadn't spent much time here to be able to see it.

Noah has everything from his profile listed and 8 arrows in his quiver and his bow.
so I sit and the scan the frequencies, watch the falling snow
Noah Olson
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia

"I haven't seen it since a few nights ago." Cordelia turned to look at both of them, eyes lingering on Noah, brows knitting together as he slipped a bundle of arrows into his quiver, noting how he pointedly didn't use the arrows she made for him. The Attuned tested the string on her bow, drawing it back as she drew in a deep breath, scenting the air for any sign of the prey they were hunting. "It'll be close by. I've found its game trail. It circles around the camp and disappears into the woods about a mile north from here." It was likely where the den was.

"We'll start following that trail and see if we can get a bead on it." Cordelia pressed forward, leaving the safety of their camp as she did her best to contain the excitement that trickled along the bond towards her counterparts. Each of them knew the thrill of the hunt. It wasn't something any of them denied themselves. Cordelia lead them to the trail, pausing to kneel down, checking the earth for any sign of being freshy overturned.

Start tracking the bear using whatever you think is helpful! No posting order!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
this is the reckoning
Given the amount of time since it’d last been spotted or seen, perhaps that meant it was ready to return. Or it’d gone away, and they’d missed their opportunity. With a steady, firm nod given to both, Deimos considered his options. It might have been easier for them as a whole for him to shift into his hound form, snagging at tracks, hints, suggestions, and following after the potential game trail. “I can see if I pick up the scent,” was a low rumble to Cordelia and Noah. Besides, he’d still be able to communicate with them, and there’d be no loss.

Placing his bag of holding along Zuriel’s saddlebags, he then altered his form into that of the familiar big, black dog. Nose to the ground, he immediately began searching for the figments of the other predator – the threat of his existence already coming into play.

--

Deimos shifts into his hellhound form to try and track the bear’s scent.
DEIMOS
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Noah did not fear bears. He was a bear. He had brought down too many ursur to be afraid of creatures such as bears. The threat they posed to the settlement of his friends, however, was not as easily overlooked. They needed to be snuffed out for the sake of keeping their solace, and Noah was willing and ready to do that. Following Deimos as he shifted into his hellhound form, Noah prepped an arrow in his bow. He let his eyes move around the green of King's End as they moved, but no true stealth came over him, and wouldn't until Deimos gave any sign of picking up the creature's scent.

Noah follows Deimos and gets an arrow ready!
Noah Olson
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Perhaps it's the fact that neither Cordelia or Noah choose to shift, but they don't have much luck with tracking. The path the bear has been taking seems to be well worn still, but there isn't much to go off of. No fresh scat or recently overturned leaves. No tracks or broken branches. Her irritation is palpable along the bond. A soft thrum that simply fuels her steps as she pushes forward, her own bow drawn and prepared with an arrow to mirror Noah as they follow behind Deimos.

The Sword has better luck than his other two companions, his heightened scenes giving him a wider grasp of the surrounding world and he picks up on a scent that is distinctly predator. Not just predator, but the bear. It seems to have veered off the trial to head deeper into the woods down a path that was less obvious than the one they were currently on.

Deimos has the scent and can choose to follow it or stay on their current trail with Noah and Delia following behind him.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
this is the reckoning
It only took a few moments before the breadth of the scent snagged, caught at him, hook, line, and sinker. Got you he wanted to murmur and howl, the stretch of predator versus predator lined within his bones. Nose to the ground, he took a couple more steps, interloping and weaving back and forth, ensuring, certifying, that this was the bear they were after. Found it he barked inwardly at his companions.

Then veered off the main path, into the deeper proportions, heightened by the sensation and semblance of vehemence – of potential violence, of the threat lurking underneath all of their veins. A hound on the hunt; callous and caustic in the midst of potential dominion, desecration, and destruction.

--

Deimos tells Cordelia and Noah he has the scent, then follows it.
DEIMOS
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah probably would have shifted, if he held something useful within him. When Vi made him a demigod he had to make room within his soul for magic, and his shifts needed to be the dam that broke to make the room. He still kept his bear shift, but the others were gone now. Instead, at this moment, his human form with his weapons in hand was the most useful thing they had. Until they found the bear, at least. Then that could change things.

When Deimos perked up over the bond, Noah shifted his weight quickly and moved to follow the hellhound. He kept quiet, eyes still scanning ahead. Bears were known to hunt their own hunters, and Noah did not want to be caught unaware. He made sure his feet followed Deimos, but he turned his body and his readied arrow as he looked around.

Noah follows Deimos but looks around to make sure the bear doesn't sneak up on them!
Noah Olson
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Deimos found the scent, sending them a warning along the bond, urging them to press deeper and find the intruder that had been bold enough to encroach upon their camp in the first place. The hunter pursed her lips, brows pinching together as she shifted herself to be in the middle of Noah and Deimos. While Noah looked behind them, walking backwards to ensure the bear didn’t get the jump on them, Cordelia kept her eyes peeled along their sides. The scent grew stronger, fresher, signaling they were getting closer to their prey.

As her eyes swung from one side to the other, Cordelia missed the rustling beside her, whipping around when it was too late to do much else except shoot her arms out, bracing against the bear’s throat as it tackled her to the forest floor. The bear was big. Clearly nothing had challenged it for some time. At least, nothing that won if the arrows sticking out of its back were anything to go by. A part of its skin was exposed and leathered over, scaly and bare of fur, a large scar bisecting its face. His jaws snap as he roared, pushing hard against her forearms where they were pressed to his throat, feet planted in his stomach to try and keep him at bay.

The bear has tackled Cordelia! What are you gonna do about it?

No posting order!
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
It seemed that the bear was all-too familiar with hunting those that hunted it. The rustling that signaled the attack did not last long, and before Noah can really grab hold of his mind there is an arrow already flying through the air. It was not aimed perfectly, but the bear was a massive target. Panic flooded the demigod's mind briefly as the bear took Cordelia to the ground. A loud, sickening roar burst from his throat as he dropped his bow and charged forward. Skin and sinew ripped apart and brought him an impressive mass as he, too, became a bear.

Another roar ripped open the sky of King's End as Noah attempted to tackle the attacking bear off of Cordelia. The panic that had fueled the shift was dying down, simmering and bubbling to some sort of protective rage. He was certain he would have felt just as protective over the other Halovian as he did now, but their time spent together tangled in each other's arms could not be denied as an amplifier.

Noah shoots an arrow at the bear, then shifts and tries to tackle it off of Cordelia!
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
this is the reckoning
It only took one singular instant for everything to come spiraling and spinning back to the forefront. The breadth of dominion, of hardened, primitive enmity, a finessed forbidding combining into muscles and veins, flesh and sinew. Bone for bone and pulse for pulse, a rampant decadence settled into his bloodstream with all the howling, unsung violence yearning and ready for a heathen brushstroke – for something to kindle, incise, provoke.

He launched just the same as Noah; though remaining in hound form, barreling forth without hesitation. It was a potent, smoldering, reticent rapier cloaked in hellish natures, uncurling, unraveling, unfurling in the depth of his claws and the sinking of his teeth, yearning to catch, to snatch, and then to set the ursine aflame. It would touch over the bonds in animal acrimony, in carnivore parameters, in the ferocity and fierceness he’d always kept locked and buried underneath – come to pariahs and revolutions, now just on a vicious hunt, on a protective streak.

--

Deimos launches for the bear as well, and tries to set it on fire simultaneously.
DEIMOS
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Cordelia grit her teeth, eyes squinting against the slobber and foam that fell on her face from the bear's snapping jaws, hands clinging to the scruff of its neck. The Attuned wasn't usually afraid on hunts, but then again, she wasn't typically pinned by a 1,500 ton bear, struggling to keep its teeth from her throat. Something she barely succeeded at. What she doesn't manage to keep from happening is escaping its claws. He slashed out, raking across her arm and chest, ripping through cloth and hide, tearing into flesh and muscle and sinew. The shriek that tore from her is ungodly, but it's nothing compared to the roar that comes from Noah.

The demigod shifted in a flash of teeth and claws, pulling his own bear from within the depths of his soul, fueled by nothing but rage and the urge to protect what was his. Noah slammed into the side of the bear, dislodging him from where he lorded over her, ripping into flesh and drawing out blood. Noah isn't the only one who attacked, though. Deimos was there too, filled with just as much fury and need to protect as Noah, flinging himself into the fray to join his compatriot. The two of them don't hesitate to pounce. Noah from one side and Deimos from the other.

The bear severely underestimated what it was up against. Who it was up against. Noah's rage is palpable as he tore into the other bear, rendering flesh from its being as Deimos came from the other side, igniting the predator in the process. Cordelia felt nothing but burning pain as she scrambled backwards, bloody hand reaching for her bow, knocking an arrow and drawing it back to take a shot when she can.

Both Deimos and Noah attack the bear successfully! It's on fire and fighting back. What do you do?
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
this is the reckoning
Fire and blood and dominion cast its wake over his ferocity, over his mind, pressing and pulsing in nefarious, sinister eaves. There was no ceasing in the onslaught, and he could presume in some manner of clarity, that Noah would be the same. His jaws went for the beast’s throat, while his paws mustered more and more flames, promising an infernal maelstrom. Every action was to bring about an end: devastation, ruin, obliteration, annihilation, indulgent in his rancorous ambitions. To rip, to tear, to maim, to brutalize, returning the actions of the fellow predator tenfold.

In the back of his calculations, he could somehow manage to muster a command for Zuriel – to stay put for the meantime, but she’d be required after this bout.

--

Deimos goes for the bear’s throat and continues to try setting it ablaze.
DEIMOS